Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo (1892 Views)

Woman Who Sells Puff-puff On Water (photo) / HELP - Dollar Exchange Rate. Is GTB Illegally Removing My Money? / Why Is GTB Charging N225/dollar For Online Payment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by isonlagba: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2015
I walked into Tastee Fried Chicken yesterday to buy the usuals, you know Fried Chicken, fried rice, moi-moi, Meat-pie, Doughnut and a chilled Five Alive Juice to drown the whole lot. But I received a shocker! After the sales girl had given me the 5 Alive, it was as if she forgot something...she now went back to the fridge and gave me a cold bottled water made by...(wait for it)...GTBank! As shown in the picture below, the mini-sized bottled water had all the features or trappings of GTB dominantly displayed all over it - the GTBank logo, and orange, orange colour everywhere!

When I asked the sales girl whether GTBank is now into Bottled water business, she didn't say yes or no, but only said ''...well, we received it from them. But our Oga say, we should give 1 bottle free to any customer that buys things of over N1000.00''

So, in other words the GTB bottled water are not for sale or not for sale yet. So, can we then assume (that because they are not for sale) it is not a case of GTB taking over a debtor's business to probably realise their exposure? If that is the case, does it then mean that these samples are just promo samples, to test market acceptability before mass production? Does that also explain why the water is being made in mini-bottles (being sample test only)?

A closer examination of the mini-bottle revealed the following information: 'Bottled by Ash-Bert Beverages Ltd. Sapele'. The front side had the following inscription:'Natural Drinking Water Bottled Exclusively for GTBank' lol grin

The fear of Treasury Single Account is indeed the beginning of wisdom for banks (or is it for GTBank only)?

Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by SeverusSnape(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2015
More pictures please...
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by isonlagba: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2015
See more pics;

Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by dapsoneh: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by isonlagba: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2015
side view:

Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by McCarlito(m): 9:44am On Oct 04, 2015
That one na promo copy.....
Our Elders say...... Dem no dey stand one place watch masqurade grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 9:44am On Oct 04, 2015
I don't knw oh..
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by holytribe(m): 9:47am On Oct 04, 2015
Diversification indeed
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by kolokolobi(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2015
I don't think it's gtb making the bottled water. It's possible that they have done their analytics and believe this is a way to keep their brand in public view. It's just like when I was much younger I used to wonder why coca Cola was still using available opportunities to keep their brand actively visual. I've learnt over the years that this is important. If you think the competition is not looking for ways to upstage you you gotta think again. They are doing so this very minute.
Let me use an analogy it's like when your partner, gf or wife, notice you're using her pic as screen saver or dp. She feels elated cos her brand is in view and fully engaged. grin grin
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by kennyman2000(m): 10:49am On Oct 04, 2015
what do u expect when TSA is now in place... They've to seek for more customers, thats just one of the ways they think they can go about it..
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by gnykelly(m): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2015
are you for real.
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by jam04(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
This is a welcome development. Banks will be more responsive to their core duties: commercial banking. Give reasonable and workable loans.

We await them in agricultural sector, especially fish farming
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by femu(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
jam04:
This is a welcome development. Banks will be more responsive to their core duties: commercial banking. Give reasonable and workable loans.

We await them in agricultural sector, especially fish farming

We pig farmers also await the banks
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by florakims(f): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
Interesting. They could be diversifying,lol. Or its probably a marketing strategy.
Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
florakims:
Interesting. They could be diversifying,lol. Or its probably a marketing strategy.
It's just a branded water for special occasions. I've had it before. It's a normal thing for big corporations to brand certain products and gift items.
GTB just went a step further by branding their own water.

1 Like

Re: Is GTB Now Manufacturing Bottled Water? Photo by florakims(f): 12:08am On Oct 05, 2015
Brandnew2:

It's just a branded water for special occasions. I've had it before. It's a normal thing for big corporations to brand certain products and gift items.
GTB just went a step further by branding their own water.

Oh,I see

(1) (Reply)

Partner With Us If You Are A Company Owner. / Palm Oil Biz / Create Your Own Business Website In Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.