Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? (1169 Views)

Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture / Who Are The 3 Best Teachers Of The Scripture In Nigeria? / Challenge For Roman Catholic Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Kayendy(m): 9:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Was reading d bible this morning and came across Exodus 20vs 4and5.. it say
4) Thou shall not make unto thyself any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or that is in the water beneath or in the water under the earth
5) Thou shall not bow down thyself to them nor serve them for I The Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me..

So back to my argument, the catholics have pictures and status of virgin Mary and other apostles of christ hanging in their churches, offices, schools and many of them kneel before them to make their prayers...
My question goes so
1)kneeling and bowing before these images, is it proper judging from the scripture I just quoted
Pls I don't mean any harm for those that will quote me, I just want to pure argument that will make me believe that their doctrine is in line with the teachings of the bible
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by sandrahnaub(f): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2015
E. Concern u wetin Catholic dey do?? We should all learn 2 paddle our canoe
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2015
graven image:

a statue or image which people worship as a god or as if it were a god

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/graven-image?q=graven+image

It means that you should not worship false Gods.
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Kayendy(m): 10:04am On Oct 04, 2015
Catholics r like Apc supporters.... always quick to judge odas buying private jet and defending deirs
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by pbs4real(m): 10:05am On Oct 04, 2015
sandrahnaub:
E. Concern u wetin Catholic dey do?? We should all learn 2 paddle our canoe
nah wah to u oooh, u dey everywhere
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2015
Kayendy:
1)kneeling and bowing before these images, is it proper judging from the scripture I just quoted
Pls I don't mean any harm for those that will quote me, I just want to pure argument that will make me believe that their doctrine is in line with the teachings of the bible

No its not proper.

Do you by any chance have any sticker, wall paper, pastors portrait or poster in your church? If you do, NEVER you kneel and bow in your church because you will be committing the same offence as Catholics.

In conclusion, If only Christians spent half the time they spend in judging others in thinking about their own life and salvation, maybe this world would have been paradise.

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by An2elect2(f): 10:39am On Oct 04, 2015
dmandy:

No its not proper.

Do you by any chance have any sticker, wall paper, pastors portrait or poster in your church? If you do, NEVER you kneel and bow in your church because you will be committing the same offence as Catholics.

In conclusion, If only Christians spent half the time they spend in judging others in thinking about their own life and salvation, maybe this world would have been paradise.

@bold, Nice way to dodge the truth....And when were we promised paradise in this world? Don't blame you sha, the catholic bulletin you buy every Sunday is okay for you. I understand your ignorance
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 04, 2015
An2elect2:

@bold, Nice way to dodge the truth....And when were we promised paradise in this world? Don't blame you sha, the catholic bulletin you buy every Sunday is okay for you. I understand your ignorance

I thank God, at least someone understands my ignorance. So I can very well be educated. So tell me Miss, what were we promised on earth? Hell?
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by ernesty20(m): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2015
Kayendy:
Catholics r like Apc supporters.... always quick to judge odas buying private jet and defending deirs
shut the fu*ck
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by An2elect2(f): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2015
dmandy:

I thank God, at least someone understands my ignorance. So I can very well be educated. So tell me Miss, what were we promised on earth? Hell?

Okay open your bible for once. Can't you try sad
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Okay open your bible for once. Can't you try sad

I can Miss.
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by An2elect2(f): 10:55am On Oct 04, 2015
dmandy:

I can Miss.

Then go ahead dear and save yourself from the craftiness of the devil. Look at the scriptures too, you are educated. No one who reads them without bias, remains in a system of apostasy.
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Then go ahead dear and save yourself from the craftiness of the devil. Look at the scriptures too, you are educated. No one who reads them without bias, remains in a system of apostasy.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Let us divert the enormous energy we use in faulting others into a more profitable work of 'looking at the scriptures too, and saving ourselves from craftiness'.

Have a nice Sunday Miss.

BTW, I am sure you knew I used the word paradise figuratively to mean a peaceful and happy place.
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by iamkingzlee(m): 11:58am On Oct 04, 2015
Kayendy:
You dense die oo smiley congrats bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by emmyskies(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
Catholic church doctrines contradicts the Bible in so many ways. let catholics pls leave the church and come out to serve the Lord in truth and in spirit. for GOD is no respecter of any man
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by imsuboi(m): 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
Kayendy:

Its either your brain is the size of a mustard seed or You must have been dropped on your head when you were little.

'Cos your stvpidity is unquantifiable, unfathomable, vast & endless. undecided
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Aizenosa(m): 12:11am On Oct 05, 2015
Why is it that people always want to derail the church she does this people complain she does that people ask why, but when it's turn to talk about their own they remember do not judge, I just wonder which kind people be dis ooo.

And op pls Catholics don't worship images, to us they are like focal points used to direct our minds, a question can u switch on your tv let it be in your front with the volume up back the tv and pray? my guess is NO.

Same way for us Catholics, also when u kneel down and greet an elder same way it isn't termed worship, or during the kneeling process of laying of hands isn't termed worship.
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 05, 2015
If you believe Catholics worships those you mentioned then you are far from reality. What made you think those apostles, saints a Virgin Mary is in heaven, have you been there.
Have you ever seen the pictures of God and angels in any Catholic churches talk more of worshiping them? These are the beings with resemblance to the part of the scriptures you quoted not mere mortals that have existed centuries ago with their sculptured artifacts portrayed all over. Jesus existed and that they have artist in his time, that is why a purported picture of Jesus exist today.
Nobody worships any goddamn image unless you're a closet idol worshipper or someone you know is.
Re: Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? by Kayendy(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2015
[quote)

Its either your brain is the size of a mustard seed or You must have been dropped on your head when you were little.

'Cos your stvpidity is unquantifiable, unfathomable, vast & endless. undecided [/quote]....

The man with a large brain I hail u but I swear i'm better dan u in every ramification.. tnx to nairaland, everybody can type anytin that u can't say to someone physically..

(1) (Reply)

Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? / Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist / Seducing Spirit In The Church!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.