Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Four Bedroom House Project - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Four Bedroom House Project (2911 Views)

My House Project Up To Living Level / Exclusive!!! | Twenty Two "2" Bedroom House Plan / Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Four Bedroom House Project by Jummymine(f): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
we are about to embark on the building of our 4 bedroom bungalow and will need advice and suggestions from the experienced in the house.
PLEASE help to review the floorplan. Also, will 4000 blocks be enough to complete the building? to give an idea of the scale, the external wall of bedroom 3 is 4 metres. Can anybody give a likely figure for completing the whole project,
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Jummymine(f): 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
this is the floor plan

Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by MANGAM(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Here we go again

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
OP, seems that your pics are not coming across. "They" will need the floorpan with measurements to give you any worthwhile estimates.

You can email it to my email in my Nairaland profile.

I translated the Doc file to Jpg but much was lost in translation in terms of measurement.

I like massive master bedrooms and this one in comparison to the whole structure is a very good size. I like the guest suite with it's privacy. Not a fan of ensuite but that's not here nor there.

1 Like

Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Xzevian(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
CONTACT US AT PARADOX GRANITE ENTERPRISES FOR YOUR QUALITY GRANITE SUPPLY DIRECT FROM THE SOURCE 08067748960, 08093102705. ....... you Wil be glad you did
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by twinskenny(m): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jummymine:
this is the floor plan

good luck ma
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Jummymine(f): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
twinskenny:

good luck ma
thanks i seriously need it.
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by kolnel: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
@ egunmogaji
Pls sir why do you detest ensuite
Thanks
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
kolnel:
@ egunmogaji
Pls sir why do you detest ensuite
Thanks

Detest is such a strong word grin

It's just a personal preference that I reached after studying hundreds of blueprints. When folks do ensuite I find that it ends up being too small for comfort. They start cramming those ridiculous corner showers into it.

Why not design the floorpan to share 1 larger bathroom?

Here's my 3D and floorpan showing a Jack and Jill setup. The bathroom space there is 13'5" X 12'3"

I really like your floorplan, ensuite and all.

Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by kolnel: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
But sir
I bet you wouldn't want anybody banging on your door or competing to use the wash room ?
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
kolnel:
But sir
I bet you wouldn't want anybody banging on your door or competing to use the wash room ?

Trust me Sir, all of that was taken into consideration. There'll be no banging or competing to use the wash room. There is a visitors bathroom in the house. The location of that was specifically chosen to serve as a potential overflow. It's in a semi private/semi public area of the house.

It's all about planning and designing for the intended usage of the house.
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Jummymine(f): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2015
We have made 4000 seven inch blocks and are about to start the foundation. Some people are suggesting we make stone foundations, that they are cheaper and more effective at preventing rising damp. are these two points actually true? thanks as you advise.
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by smiley001(m): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2015
Dis name sounds feminine... Good to see female doing great thing.
God will start and finish it for u. Amen!!
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by smiley001(m): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2015
Dis name sounds feminine... Good to see female doing great thing.
God will start and finish it for u. Amen!!
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by smiley001(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2015
First time hearing about seven inches block... i tot 6 and 9 r d common ones.
Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by Xzevian(m): 11:36am On Oct 27, 2015
Jummymine:
We have made 4000 seven inch blocks and are about to start the foundation. Some people are suggesting we make stone foundations, that they are cheaper and more effective at preventing rising damp. are these two points actually true? thanks as you advise.
is anything like 7 inch block? I only knw of 6 and 9 inches block..... let your engineer be your guide in making decision.... If it is recommended by him that you should use stone foundation you better held to his advice. hope you have conduct soil test? that would let you knw the state of the land. I wish you well on your project

1 Like

Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by nigeriancuban: 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
Xzevian:
is anything like 7 inch block? I only knw of 6 and 9 inches block..... let your engineer be your guide in making decision.... If it is recommended by him that you should use stone foundation you better held to his advice. hope you have conduct soil test? that would let you knw the state of the land. I wish you well on your project
there exist any size of block,it all depends on the one you actually seek,just as we have low sized bricks too but rarely used here in Africa since you can have a 9" block wall plated with a brick tile and it still feels almost as natural too

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by rotecch77(m): 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
7". Block is available,am currently using it here

Re: My Four Bedroom House Project by rotecch77(m): 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
More

(1) (Reply)

Fully Equipped 3&4 Bedrooms Duplex At Lekki #affordable And Sack Ur Landlord / Plots Of Land For Sale In Awka / To Let....2 And 3bed Flat For Rent At Abule Egba....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.