Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,790 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Wail Harder For Nigeria........ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wail Harder For Nigeria........ (1029 Views)

Buhari Is Not The Right President For Nigeria- Wole Soyinka / Leaving Nairaland "A Wail" / A Poem For Nigeria's Independence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wail Harder For Nigeria........ by zanyzara: 7:30am On Oct 05, 2015
.......A VOICE was heard wailing throughout the lands; it was Racheal crying heartbroken, refusing to be comforted for her children were no more……

Wail oh Wail for our lands have been desecrated!
Where oh when did we lose it!
Our heritage! Our culture!
Where oh when did we lose It!
Our heritage! Our Traditions!

Long time ago, Men and Women of our lands walked unclad without fear of molestations.
Yes, those luscious bodies were gazed at lustfully but woe betide any man that dared touched. The shame and repercussions unleashed on their lineage was a thought too much to bear.

It started with the rape of adolescent young women, so rampant was the trend that we got used to it.
“Address your dressings” was the admonition proffered and it was shrugged off as if nudity was not part of our dressing long long ago.

Where oh when did we lose it!

The trend moved on to teenagers, girls between the ages of 13-15 were molested as if in a race.
“It happened to my neighbours, not me”…and life continued.

Then came the era of paedophiles: the fear of leaving your kids aged 1-5 under anybody’s care was the beginning of wisdom. Aunties, Uncles, Teachers and even once friendly neighbours became potential suspects…danger lurks everywhere.
As usual our naïve mind presents solution to all problems-“Be on your Guard” and we forged ahead.

And now horrors of horrors unfolded, FATHERS molesting their own DAUGHTERS AND SONS!

It used to be some Tales by moonlight, a sort of hazy fairy tale of acts of abominations committed by a certain Mr Stone or Boy Rice or was it Richie in far far away lands. Such acts?..tufiakwa ! Never in our land of peace and tranquillity.

Where oh When did we lose it!
Our dignity! Our Pride!

I guess Racheal needs to wail harder for Nigeria…..Maybe, just Maybe this cup of shame will pass us over!

Cc Ishilove,Lalastica,tearoses,bukatyne,cococandy,onegai,ifyalways
Re: Wail Harder For Nigeria........ by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 05, 2015
I wail...
Re: Wail Harder For Nigeria........ by zanyzara: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2015
I just hope new laws are passed concerning father- Daughter molestations. But typically Nigeria will turn a deaf ear*SMH*

(1) (Reply)

A Glass Of Riches (short Romance Story) / The Two Waec Love Birds (+18) / Love=>write Up By Dindy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.