Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,282 members, 7,780,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:27 PM

Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) (34927 Views)

7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) / Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe / EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Islie: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2015
Residents of Utuh Street, Araromi Quarters at Ketu area of Lagos were plunged into mourning, following the death of a woman while trying to save the lives of her two children. The woman, Mrs Bashirat Rauf, was not the only person who died on the fateful day. Another resident identified as Sodiq Saka also died while trying to ensure that others did not die in a fire outbreak.

The fire was said to have started after two high-tension cables fell on a school building in the area, sparking an inferno. Residents who mourned Rauf and Saka also gave thanks to God, saying that many school children would have died but for the Sallah break. Surprisingly, Rauf and Saka, who were trying to save people died, while those they tried to save are alive. When our correspondent went to the area, it was gathered that Bashirat’s husband had gone out. A resident, however, attempted to recapture how the woman died on September 24. The resident said: “Bashirat has two kids; a boy and a girl.

The kids were playing outside when the high-tension cables fell and caused fire. The school is close to residential homes. Bashirat ran out of her apartment, screaming for her two kids. As she rushed to pick them, she stepped on one of the cables. When people realised that she was electrocuted, they screamed, but there was nothing anybody could have done.

The two kids are still alive. Nothing happened to them, but Bashirat died.” Saka, who many described as a Good Samaritan, was also electrocuted. According to some residents, when Saka noticed the raging fire in the school compound, he dashed out of his apartment and frantically searched for a bucket to fetch water.

The thought in his mind was how to arrest the fire from spreading to other buildings. He had already fetched the water and was making his way towards the burning building when he also stepped on a cable. He died instantly. Saka’s grieving father, Imam, said: “As a Muslim, I have accepted my fate. There is nothing I can do to bring the dead back to life.

Sodiq was the person who slaughtered the Sallah ram he bought for me on that day. When he was through with the ram, he told me he was going to get something down the street. A few minutes later, someone rushed to tell me that my son had been electrocuted in the neighbourhood.

“I was told that my son only went into the school premises where it was burning to assist in battling the fire, only for him to be electrocuted. What can I do now? Is it possible for me to give birth to a 30-yearold again?” The Secretary of Araromi Community Development Association, Mr Wahab Awoyemi, said it was a very sad day for all residents after the community lost two persons in a day.
He said: “We made frantic efforts to rescue both of them, but it was to no avail. We rushed to the Eko Distribution Company office at Mile 12, to switch off the power, but the person who was supposed to switch off the power was not on duty. “They (the victims) were later taken to hospital, but pronounced dead by doctors. We want government to come to our aid in the community. We are suffering. We have no accessible road. This affected the timely arrival of firefighters.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/two-electrocuted-trying-to-save-others/

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Sunexy(m): 8:14am On Oct 05, 2015
cry cry

RIP to dem

3 Likes

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Lattop(m): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2015
May there Souls RIP

2 Likes

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Luvdmx(m): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2015
Sunexy:
Pictures of dem bin electrocuted nko?

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Sunexy(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=Luvdmx post=38679028][/quote]

grin

I see dem too
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by eleko1: 8:28am On Oct 05, 2015
How sad sad.May we not die untimely

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Ezerbullet(m): 8:39am On Oct 05, 2015
eleko1:
How sad sad.May we not die untimely
Amen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2015
This man old to the extent he come resemble juju
RIP pa
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by ijustdey: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2015
The fire was said to have started after two high-
tension cables fell on a school building in the area, sparking an inferno.

when will our public utilities coy be held responsible for this act of negligence when their installation causes someone life's and properties?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by shammah1(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2015
cry
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by ChappyChase: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2015
Things like this make me think twice before jumping into any situation in order to help..

1 Like

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by ketekete: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2015
Lord Have Mercy sad
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2015
MTGSRIP
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by lonelydora: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2015
May their soul rest in peace. I blame PHCN or whatever new name (Ikeja Distribution coy) they have there.

Quote me anywhere in Otuoke.

1 Like

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by mykemic(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2015
[i][/i]RIP[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2015
They will wake up as flash
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Lincoln275(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2015
RIP., dz stable electricity nawa oooo
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by omusiliyu(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2015
Ina lillahi waina lahi rojihuna.

3 Likes

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2015
So bad.. Rip
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by sandrajazmin(f): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2015
May our names neva be attatched 2 the word RIP in Jesus name. Amen.
RIP 2 d dead
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by kossyablaze(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2015
Haaaaa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by hope4nigeria(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2015
Luvdmx:

he's not only dump, but asinwin as well, RIP to the dead jare

1 Like

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by freshness2020: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2015
This is a very sad news..
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by missKiffy(f): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2015
So sad sad
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by john633(m): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2015
Ignorance is a disease

1 Like

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by SuPeRq(f): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2015
So sad....... RIP
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Sarhamsyn(m): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2015
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by amdoyin82(m): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2015
So sad.. Rip to d dead victims.
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Anamachi3(m): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2015
Satan's wicked world with many sad news

1 Like

Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by Sunnycliff(m): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2015
Its unfortunate when one faces death unprepared. Rest in peace
Re: Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured) by ellahzy(f): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2015
chai so Pathetic

Oh Lord save us all from untimely death. AMEN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OJUGBO GODSTIME OMONEKA's Lost Wallet Found In Oshodi / Friends and business partners again, case closed. / MD/CEO Of Trendy Beauty Outlet Was Attacked By "Evil Snake" (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.