Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper (2061 Views)

Did White Christians Use The Bible To Justify Slavery / How The Passover Reveals Jesus Christ / White People Teach Evolution And Atheism But Have The Picture Of A White Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 2:26am On Apr 22, 2009
If so when did he do it?

John 18:28 On the day following the night in which Jesus was betrayed, the jews refused to enter Pilate's judgment-hall, lest they should be defiled:but that they might eat the passover

John 19, 14-16 indicates jesus was killed on the day of passover.

14It was the day of Preparation of Passover Week, about the sixth hour.
"Here is your king," Pilate said to the Jews.

15But they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!"
"Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked.
"We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.

16Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified.

In this gospel, jesus didn't eat the passover meal and is crucified that day.

In Marks gospel, jesus does eat the passover meal, and is crucified the following morning

Mark 14, 12

12On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, when it was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus' disciples asked him, "Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"

1Very early in the morning, the chief priests, with the elders, the teachers of the law and the whole Sanhedrin, reached a decision. They bound Jesus, led him away and handed him over to Pilate.

16The disciples left, went into the city and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

17[b]When evening came,[/b] Jesus arrived with the Twelve. 18While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me."

The passover is usually ate on the evening before the 15th day.

If Jesus was arrested during the preparation of the passover week, was he eating the passover meal while chilling in jail?

According to the gospels, Jesus was arrested on the night he ate the passover. The disciples were shoeless when Jesus washed their feet, so isn't this a violation of Jewish law stated in Exodus

10 And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. 11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is YHWH'S passover

So what do you guys think?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2009
the gospels writers do not know what they are talking about. . . .i challenge any christian on nairaland to write a simple, chronological narrative: what happened first, what happened next, who said this, who said that, who went where, when did this happen. from when jesus was arrested to when he ascended into heaven. . . . a modern believing Christian, Thomas Sheehan, who wrote The First Coming, said, "Despite our best efforts," (and he tried) "the Gospel accounts of Jesus' post-mortem activities, in fact, cannot be harmonized into a consistent Easter chronology."

christian scholar A. E. Harvey, says, "All the Gospels, after having run closely together in their accounts of the trial and execution, diverge markedly when they come to the circumstance of the Resurrection. It's impossible to fit their accounts together into a single coherent scheme."

this is a believing christian saying this. i just want somebody to tell me where jesus first appeared to 11 of his disciples after he resurrected. . . . . what really happened at the tomb. . . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
mazaje:

the gospels writers do not know what they are talking about. . . .i challenge any christian on nairaland to write a simple, chronological narrative: what happened first, what happened next, who said this, who said that, who went where, when did this happen. from when jesus was arrested to when he ascended into heaven. . . . a modern believing Christian, Thomas Sheehan, who wrote The First Coming, said, "Despite our best efforts," (and he tried) "the Gospel accounts of Jesus' post-mortem activities, in fact, cannot be harmonized into a consistent Easter chronology."

christian scholar A. E. Harvey, says, "All the Gospels, after having run closely together in their accounts of the trial and execution, diverge markedly when they come to the circumstance of the Resurrection. It's impossible to fit their accounts together into a single coherent scheme."

this is a believing christian saying this. i just want somebody to tell me where jesus first appeared to 11 of his disciples after he resurrected. . . . . what really happened at the tomb. . . .

so where the Gospels written based on witness accounts?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by noetic1: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2009
. . . and the atheists give their verdict . . . . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2009
its been thoroughly addressed on another thread that not shockingly included mazaje who now comes here pretending to be genuinely surprised at the "contradiction".

this apparent "problem" can be resolved if only bawomolo availed himself of the internet to find out that jews counted their days very differently from how we do it now.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2009
davidylan:

its been thoroughly addressed on another thread that not shockingly included mazaje who now comes here pretending to be genuinely surprised at the "contradiction".

this apparent "problem" can be resolved if only bawomolo availed himself of the internet to find out that jews counted their days very differently from how we do it now.

shut up thou plagiarist you shamelessly plagiarized the work of others without even making sure that they agree with your previous statements, and you were caught changing positions like a headless chicken on the other thread. . .jews counted their days differently from how we do now eh? shameless charlatan. . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
mazaje:

shut up thou plagiarist you shamelessly plagiarized the work of others without even making sure that they agree with your previous statements, and you were caught changing positions like a headless chicken on the other thread. . .jews counted their days differently from how we do now eh? shameless charlatan. . .

Of course what do i expect from you? At least you've stopped pretending to be interested in serious debates, you simply log on to dish out your usual dose of personal abuse. Keep it up.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2009
davidylan:

Of course what do i expect from you? At least you've stopped pretending to be interested in serious debates, you simply log on to dish out your usual dose of personal abuse. Keep it up.

why should i be interested in debating a person that clearly does not know what he is talking about? you were caught changing your positions about 3 times on just a single issue and you think you know what you are saying? grin grin ridiculous charlatan. thou hypocrite why do you complain when people give you a taste of your own medicine? do you want me to quote where you have personally insulted others here on nairaland? idiot. . . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by noetic1: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2009
mazaje:

why should i be interested in debating a person that clearly does not know what he is talking about? you were caught changing your positions about 3 times on just a single issue and you think you know what you are saying? grin grin ridiculous charlatan. thou hypocrite why do you complain when people give you a taste of your own medicine? do you want me to quote where you have personally insulted others here on nairaland? idiot. . . .

considering ur antecedents, i can only laugh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2009
n_o_e_t_ic:

considering ur antecedents, i can only laugh grin grin grin grin grin

shup up you deluded plagiarist yours is even worse, you can not even think for yourself. . .all you did was copy the meaningless apologetics of a dull writer that clearly did not know what he was talking about on the other thread. . . he was trying to mix things up and you bought his apologies with out even looking to see if the bible agrees with what he was saying. . . deluded goon. . . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by noetic1: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
mazaje:

shup up you deluded plagiarist yours is even worse, you can not even think for yourself. . .all you did was copy the meaningless apologetics of a dull writer that clearly did not know what he was talking about on the other thread. . . he was trying to mix things up and you bought his apologies with out even looking to see if the bible agrees with what he was saying. . . deluded goon. . . .
thou deluded hypocrite. . . . . .why are thou so worked up?

u atheists clearly have no ideas of ur own, thats why u find plagiarism a way of life. how many times have u SHAMELESSLY copied comments online, without reading them? thou shameless hypocrite.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 23, 2009
n_o_e_t_ic:

u atheists clearly have no ideas of ur own, thats why u find plagiarism a way of life. how many times have u SHAMELESSLY copied comments online, without reading them? thou shameless hypocrite.

I dont understand why virtually ALL of them appear here as if we stole their money. If God didnt exist why is he so annoyed that someone would even pray?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 12:21am On Apr 23, 2009
n_o_e_t_ic:

grin grin grin pls go ahead and show me. . . . . .where i copied statements online without even reading them. . . . at least i have caught you copying and pasting articles you did not even bother to read. . .

davidylan:

I dont understand why virtually ALL of them appear here as if we stole their money. If God didnt exist why is he so annoyed that someone would even pray?

shut up thou deluded hypocrite. . . . .did any moslem steal your money? why are you endlessly bleating about allah and islam all the time? why are you whining about prayers? do you remember that there was a time when your fellow christians killed people for not being christians? your incompetent deity even allowed people to be killed because they worshiped and prayed to other deities in the bible and you are here whining? grin grin; deluded goats. . . . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 23, 2009
ah same ol' same ol' from dear confused mazaje.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 12:51am On Apr 23, 2009
davidylan:

ah same ol' same ol' from dear confused mazaje.

you wish grin grin. . . . i just asked you if allah has ever stolen your lunch when you were a kid. . . why are you ALWAYS bleating about a non existent deity? and you call me a confused? grin grin deluded goon. . . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2009
It doesn't matter if the days were calculated differently, they should still align.

Was Jesus captured before or after the passover?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by noetic(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2009
mazaje:

you wish grin grin. . . . i just asked you if allah has ever stolen your lunch when you were a kid. . . why are you ALWAYS bleating about a non existent deity? and you call me a confused? grin grin deluded goon. . . .
grin grin who told u allah doesnt exist?

it had a wife called "allat" and they both had 3 daughters. mohamed`s father abd-allah worshipped it, long before mohammed was born.

thou pathetic atheist. . . . . .check thy facts before ranting. . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2009
bawomolo:

It doesn't matter if the days were calculated differently, they should still align.

Daft. How shld they align if they are calculated differently? I'm not sure you were thinking logically when you posted that. If i start counting my own day from 6pm and you count yours from 12 pm . . . would our 10pm time occur on the same day? It seems you fools are just too desperate to rubbish the bible that you leave your brains at home when you log on here.

bawomolo:

Was Jesus captured before or after the passover?

We already took the better part of 5 pages addressing this on Toneyb's thread. go and read it there. Many of you cant read . . . just coming here to bluster like you actually know what you are saying.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2009
where did bawomolo and co suddenly vanish to?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Daft. How shld they align if they are calculated differently? I'm not sure you were thinking logically when you posted that. If i start counting my own day from 6pm and you count yours from 12 pm . . . would our 10pm time occur on the same day? It seems you fools are just too desperate to rubbish the bible that you leave your brains at home when you log on here.

hmm so did Jesus eat the passover or not? because i don't know what time has to do with that.

are you saying john and mark calculated times differently?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

hmm so did Jesus eat the passover or not? because i don't know what time has to do with that.

are you saying john and mark calculated times differently?

that's because, like so many of you, you really cant think. Go back, read thru Mark's account . . . correlate that with John's then come back if you still have further problems.

Dont post general . . . senseless questions . . . be specific as to EXACTLY what problems you saw in both accounts.

As to time, it is very relevant to understanding the so-called differences. But i wont spoon feed you . . . go read and i promise i will be here to answer your valid queries.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

that's because, like so many of you, you really cant think. Go back, read thru Mark's account . . . correlate that with John's then come back if you still have further problems.

Dont post general . . . senseless questions . . . be specific as to EXACTLY what problems you saw in both accounts.

As to time, it is very relevant to understanding the so-called differences. But i wont spoon feed you . . . go read and i promise i will be here to answer your valid queries.

i was pretty specific, was Jesus captured before he could eat or after the passover. a simple yes or no.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

i was pretty specific, was Jesus captured before he could eat or after the passover. a simple yes or no.

Yes.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

were you not caught on the other thread chaning your statements and position like a headless chicken? you just plagiarized the unverified work of another apologist because you taught it made sense to you. . . how did you come to the conclusion that john and mark were talking about the same time? i showed you how the ancient romans calculated their time and you discarded it as the unverified work of another person even though the person's writing had nothing to do with religion. . .where is your own peer reviewed article that shows that 6th hour in the roman time is the same as 3rd hour in the jewish time? and what has time got to do with the question bomolowo is asking?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Yes.

and what makes you think so?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

and what makes you think so?

Seems you havent read both Mark and John's accounts but merely regurgitating what you read somewhere on the internet.

What makes you think my answer is wrong? Bring your contradictions dude let me iron them out once and for all. I'm not the one who shld be answering your questions and then going to read the accounts for you.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Seems you havent read both Mark and John's accounts but merely regurgitating what you read somewhere on the internet.

What makes you think my answer is wrong? Bring your contradictions dude let me iron them out once and for all. I'm not the one who shld be answering your questions and then going to read the accounts for you.

i already posted the passages in my original post. The accounts of mark and john are different IMO. in one account, Jesus eats the passover the nite before he is captured while in the other, jews do not want defiled in preparation for the passover after Jesus is captured.

It's non contradictory if Jesus took the passover earlier than other Jews thereby violating jewish law.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

i[b] already posted the passages in my original post.[/b]  The accounts of mark and john are different IMO. in one account, Jesus eats the passover the nite before he is captured while in the other, jews do not want defiled in preparation for the passover after Jesus is captured. 

It's non contradictory if Jesus took the passover earlier than other Jews thereby violating jewish law.

Its clear you didnt understand the "contradiction" yourself. You saw this on a website and rushed to post a thread purporting to "ask" for explanations. You didnt get those passages from your own individual search of the bible.

NONE of the accounts records Christ as eating the passover . . . both John and Mark record Christ being crucified BEFORE the passover feast. Besides you also are shockingly ignorant of the fact that there is a feast that jews observe the night BEFORE the passover feast itself.

You want to show us "contradictions" in the bible . . . make sure you have your facts on your fingertips.

For example . . . Mark records Christ's last supper as breaking the bread and drinking wine . . . BUT the most important meal of the passover feast is the LAMB! Where was it during this last supper?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Its clear you didnt understand the "contradiction" yourself. You saw this on a website and rushed to post a thread purporting to "ask" for explanations. You didnt get those passages from your own individual search of the bible.

NONE of the accounts records Christ as eating the passover . . . both John and Mark record Christ being crucified BEFORE the passover feast. Besides you also are shockingly ignorant of the fact that there is a feast that jews observe the night BEFORE the passover feast itself.

You want to show us "contradictions" in the bible . . . make sure you have your facts on your fingertips.

For example . . . Mark records Christ's last supper as breaking the bread and drinking wine . . . BUT the most important meal of the passover feast is the LAMB! Where was it during this last supper?

16The disciples left, went into the city and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

17When evening came, Jesus arrived with the Twelve. 18While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me."

so what was it, Jesus was eating?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

17When evening came, Jesus arrived with the Twelve. 18While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me."

so what was it, Jesus was eating?

Certainly not the passover. I'm not sure you bothered to read my last post because i already addressed what you posted.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Certainly not the passover. I'm not sure you bothered to read my last post because i already addressed what you posted.

interesting so what feast do they have before the passover feast? and why were they preparing the passover then?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2009
here is a passage from Mark.

what do you think dafidi

Mark 14:10-25

Then Judas Iscariot, who was one of the twelve, went to the chief priests in order to betray him to them. And when they heard it they were glad, and promised to give him money. And he sought an opportunity to betray him. And on the first day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the Passover lamb, his disciples said to him, "Where will you have us go and prepare for you to eat the Passover?"

why did they sacrifice the passover lamb?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Section Posters J A M B Questions (Comical) / 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / A Question For Seun. Pls I Need An Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.