Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Tuition Free Education In Sweden - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (86297 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / How to Apply for Free Education In Sweden / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by melodytos(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2008
zitty,
pls i want to study in sweden,i ve been try so hard for this so long,i will be happy if u can help me out.
educationmelody@yahoo.com
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Isedora: 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2008
What do you want to study?
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by teeone02(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2008
Zitty
pls send me information to my mail box taiwolasaki@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by danedrol: 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2008
@zitty

Thanks for the offer
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2008
zitty, pls gimmie your e-mail address i need to speak with you on this topic. this is mine- koyafatuga@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by motide(m): 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
hello zitty, pls i will like to know more about the free study in sweden pls i want you to inform me more about it. i will realy like to come over and join you there maybe we can run things together. you know niger pple can run things well. i will also like to know more about the university of stockolm because i heard that they offer economics there in the school. thats my dream course but i can come to read any other course that may be available in stockolm or any other state.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by motide(m): 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2008
HELLO ZITTY, PLS I WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE FREE STUDY IN SWEDEN PLS I WANT YOU TO INFORM ME MORE ABOUT IT. I WILL REALY LIKE TO COME OVER AND JOIN YOU THERE MAYBE WE CAN RUN THINGS TOGETHER. YOU KNOW NIGER PPLE CAN RUN THINGS WELL. I WILL ALSO LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF STOCKOLM BECAUSE I HEARD THAT THEY OFFER ECONOMICS THERE IN THE SCHOOL. THATS MY DREAM COURSE BUT I CAN COME TO READ ANY OTHER COURSE THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE IN STOCKOLM OR ANY OTHER STATE. PLS YOU CAN CALL ME ON THIS NUMBER -08060818429
MY NAME IS DAYO.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by tinkinfela(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2008
motide,

your post really made me laugh. what are you planning to run over there?
c'mon, you guys need to grow up. nobody would be encouraged to help you with that silly statement you made because it looks your intention is not really to study over there but rather engage in criminal activities. however, you don't really need any help to get this thing on. i applied and got it and by God's grace, i should be traveling next week. don't waste your time.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by asmaaaa: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2008
yaar i will be very thankful to u if u can help me that how can i got admission in sweden high schools i want to know complete process how can i apply for education there plz plz plz help me this is my email address
asim_everywhere_ok@hotmail.com
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by asmaaaa: 6:30am On Jul 29, 2008
plz iform me how can i got admission form in my home land pakistan for admission in sweden colleges
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by asmaaaa: 6:32am On Jul 29, 2008
plz infor me how can i get admission form in my homeland for education in sweden my email is asim_everywhere_ok@hotmail.com
i already post alot of about this but didnot get any single answer is there sensible person who can inform me on my email
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by vinshyne: 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2008
Hey zitty
tanx so far for ur intense contributn,
my case is
i made a 3rd class honours in geology,but i nitend to go for a postgraduate
diploma course in either petroleum geology/geology/seismic strtigragphy.
Can u possibly give me a link to a university or site to this regards.
I will greatly appreciate.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
Hi everyone, i decided to something to this topic. Visit studyinsweden.se if you need more info and bear in mind that as from 2010, international students will start paying for tuition in sweden, Also bear in mind that before you will be issued visa, you must prove that you have upto 800 euro per month as you living expenses in Sweden. Goodluck.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by ayoray: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2008
But there are processes to be followed. am currently in touch with one of the universities there. i might be of help too. ayoraymond@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by ayoray: 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2008
Waoh! that will be quite expensive, N152,000 when converted to Naira!! I hope all concerned will make their applications this year. Moreso, an International passport is required when submitting applications.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by sisqology(m): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2008
Tinkinfelo, can we chat wel? Ur numbr pls,or yim
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by lokeshgs87: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2008
plz send details how to apply and which universities offering free education does i require any exams
my email id :gslokesh87@yahoo.co.in
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by soi(m): 12:18am On Jul 31, 2008
You can also check out scholarships (scholarship for Africans) offers as well as other universities in both africa and some other countries of the world here.
http://africanscholarship.tripod.com/
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by tinkinfela(m): 4:22am On Jul 31, 2008
www.studyinsweden.se for info about the country and their universities, there are basically 48 universities in Sweden.
www.studera.nu choose a university and apply here.

www.migrationsverket.se how to apply for student resident permit, requirements are original admission letter from school, N17,800 application fee, completed application form,bank statements, birth cert., tax clearance cert.,transcripts, letter from sponor, insurance (if you're studying less than 12 months,in other words, for masters).

www.swedenvisa.org official website of Embassy of Sweden, Abuja. Book your appointments here.

that's all for now.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by sisqology(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ah
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by asmaaaa: 8:36am On Aug 01, 2008
plz tell me how can i get admission form or prospectus for the 6 month diploma from sweden plz email me
asim_everywhere_ok@hotmail.com
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by FEMARY(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2008
than you jare zitty.dont send email to those selfish people posting their email here.but just post reply to their post right here on the forum so that others can read and benefit and you wont need to be answering the same question again thanks once again
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by olakanmima: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2008
pls i'minterested in coming for a msc prgm in biotechnology.how do i apply.thanks.
michaei.
olakanmimao2003@yahoo.com
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Marcus55: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2008
Hello Zitty,
Please, i will like to know how an undergraduate can get admission into sweden university easily couple with their tuition fees because i wish to study abroad.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by effixy: 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2008
zitty thanks 4 d info given i will need so assistance regardin sweden skool
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 23, 2008
hello i really want to find a school in europe or asia that their tuition fee is between 1000 to 1500dollars
here is my contact detail please i need replys urgently so i could get prepared

contact me via tonicloz@yahoo.com or my mobile no 08034692573
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by effixy: 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2008
thnks for d info i need more
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by samir101ng(m): 3:44am On Aug 24, 2008
Tuition Fees for International Students in Sweden from 2010

Non EU/EES students will, from the 1st January 2010, pay to study in Sweden. This is the latest comment from the Swedish government, as part of the the Internationalisation of Higher Education bill which will come into effect in the Autumn of this year, as reported in SvD this morning.

This story is now also available in english at The Local.

The article is a little light on detail but the following main facts emerge:

- kick off will be the 1st January 2010

- fees will be uncapped and set by each university

- there will be some form of scholarship system

The previous government, according to SvD, suggested 80 000 SEK per year as a fee. That’s about 8 500 EURO (to put that into perspective, an international student studying in the UK pays around 12 500 EURO).

So, that’s about one and half years to decide on a marketing strategy, set up the infrastructure and recruit students. This is a huge change for Swedish education and the implications for our university are massive. The critical question is ‘if we had fees, would you have still have come to Lund?’.

There’s plenty of discussion about this at the SvD site - close on a 100 comments in the last few hours.

Updated 2 July 2008 - For some of the background to the Governments announcement take a look at the summary, in English, of their investigation into tuition fees. You need to take a look at pages 13 - 16 for the english summary.

Tags: fees, international, Lund, marketing, sweden, tuition, university
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by samir101ng(m): 3:49am On Aug 24, 2008
Universities oppose fees for international students

Published: 27 Oct 06 17:25 CET
Online: http://www.thelocal.se/5337/

The government has been warned by academics and unions that proposals to introduce tuition fees for international students at Sweden’s universities could discourage gifted foreign students from coming to study here.

* Swedish teachers fail Holocaust test (20 Aug 08)
    * Moderates challenge councils over independent schools (8 Aug 08)
    * Prisoners seek higher learning (14 Jul 08)

An official report on the issue was commissioned by the last government from former Swedish Institute director Erland Ringborg and presented in January. It recommended that all students coming to Sweden from outside the European Economic Area should pay for the cost of their education. All undergraduate and Masters students in Sweden currently have their costs paid by the Swedish state, regardless of their nationality.

But in submissions presented to the department of education on Thursday, universities and unions argued that fees could dissuade foreign students from coming to Sweden, a situation which they say could leave many colleges with gaps in their budgets and which would deprive Swedish institutions of valuable foreign talent.

The Swedish National Agency for Higher Education said it remained against all tuition fees in Swedish universities.

Anders Flodström, president of the Royal Insitute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm was cautious about the plans.

“I think we would prefer a tuition fee system - for Swedish students as well in the long run – but a tuition fee system has to be accompanied by stipends and scholarships. We don’t see such a system being put forward at present.”

Flodström said that KTH was expecting over 2,000 non-European students next year, but said that tuition fees would “definitely put them off coming” if there was no scholarship system.

“If this was the case, they would go to places like Imperial [in London] and MIT [Massachussetts Institute of Technology] instead.”

He said that while industry sponsors PhD students at KTH, the only realistic source of sponsorship for undergraduates and Masters students was the government.

“There would be an economic loss in our case of around 70 million kronor per year if we were not compensated,” he said.

“More seriously, there would be a drop in quality – we get some excellent students from non-European countries.”

The report recommended providing stipends, to be administered by the Swedish Institute. But according to the Swedish Agency For Public Management, the 11 million kronor cost of providing stipends for foreign students, together with the cost of administering the stipends and handling fee payments, would actually wipe out any gains to the public purse.

Union organization TCO, which represents many teachers and lecturers, said in its submission that it “understands the need to introduce charges for some university students.” But it also warned against creeping towards a system such as that in the UK, where domestic students are now also charged tuition fees. It also stressed the importance of stipends for foreign students, “so that we don’t abandon our view of education as a human right.” It also said that if a fee-charging system for foreign students was introduced it would be necessary to take steps to avoid Swedish students being marginalized.

Education minister Lars Leijonborg as previously said that he would look at the issue of charging non-European students. But his spokesman, Johan Britz, told The Local on Friday that he had not yet decided what to do about the issue.

“We plan to read the submissions and to consult with universities and organizations,” said Britz.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by afriqboi: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2008
if you need to know more about studying in sweden, norway and finland, kindly write me and i will give you instruction on how to meet up with me in Lagos so that we can talk better. or you call me 08062083312
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by afriqboi: 7:36am On Aug 24, 2008
if you need assistance on getting the applications/documents together, kindly call me on 08062083312.so that we can set a date on when to meet me up at my office.
Re: Tuition Free Education In Sweden by Kingcrown(m): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2008
As a ssce holder, which cert. Or exam do i need to do. This is my contact no- 2348083472939

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

King Air Jet Rams Into Fence At Lagos Airport After Brake Failure / 10 Best Countries To Immigrate By 2020 / Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.