Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa (532 Views)

Facebook Will Use Facial Recognition To Tell You When People Upload Your Picture / Facebook To Bring Internet Connectivity To Remote Areas With Opencellular / 18 Pictures Every Nigerian On Facebook Will Relate To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
Facebook has announced a partnership with Eutelsat communications, a French satellite communications operator, to bring low cost internet to Sub-Saharan Africa. The announcement was made by Mark Zuckerberg on his official Facebook timeline.

Facebook and Eutelsat will `bring internet to large parts of Sub-Saharan Africa through an AMOS-6 satellite that will be launched into the orbit. The satellite will link terminals in Africa to dedicated internet Gateways in Italy , France and Israel.

According to Mark , the Satellite is still in construction and will go live in 2016.

http://androidportalng.com/facebook-will-bring-internet-to-sub-saharan-africa/
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by Youngpo413: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nice one...for now SS is da bomb.
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by Joel3(m): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
fresh air
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by Whizpeter(m): 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
Won't say any thing until I see it with my 'Koro-Koro' eyes!
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by lekjons(m): 12:46am On Oct 06, 2015
I pray oo..
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by stephinnoyewole(m): 2:22am On Oct 06, 2015
OK na, until it happens
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by Glowstone(m): 10:12am On Oct 06, 2015
service providers be warn
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by Chidexter(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
It would be a welcome development. Just as Facebook brought internet to India, many can access the net for free, especially facebook.,..

Its a good thing, Africa's will be in line soon, abi who no like beta thing?.
Re: Facebook Will Bring Internet To Sub-saharan Africa by alkanes1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Free Facebook only maybe

(1) (Reply)

Help Me On How To Deactivate Bb 10 Anti Theft Security / Dell Latitude 10 St2 Business Tablet With Bluetooth Keyboard For Sale Or Swap / How to recover your lost files on Android devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.