Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

The Hardy Boys-joe And Pat Hardy Talk About It - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hardy Boys-joe And Pat Hardy Talk About It (1097 Views)

A Novel; Joe And The Brutts / Thomas Hardy "tess Of The D'urbervilles & Whole Soyinka "the Lion & The Jewel&quot / What Do You Think Of Sidney Sheldon & Thomas Hardy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hardy Boys-joe And Pat Hardy Talk About It by JTN07: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2009
Let's discuss the hardy boys series. I've read the mystery of the disappearing floor. Which one have you read? cool cool cool cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Hardy Boys-joe And Pat Hardy Talk About It by leocub(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2009
Ah! The Hardy Boys! It's getting to 20years I read them last! But you apparently have not read them recently too, because I can see that you have forgotten the name of one. They are (were) Joe and Frank Hardy. Joe was always 17 years old, while Frank was 18. Their father, the detective, was Fenton Hardy. Their Aunt was Pat. They had a convertible car, and a fat friend named Chet who once in a while aided their sleuthing assignments. I've forgotten the names of the girls they were dating then in High School.
But the stories were ALWAYS soooo thrilling, laced with hair-raising excitement, and always a beautiful climax. I think I read almost all the series way back then. Those good old missionary secondary schools of those days used to stock such valuable books in their libraries. (I wonder if they are still there now).
I have also read that "Mystery of the Disappearing Floor"
I also remember "Mystery of the Whale Tatoo", and "While The Clock Ticked"

O boy! How this fills me with nostalgia!
Re: The Hardy Boys-joe And Pat Hardy Talk About It by tpiah: 4:18am On Apr 24, 2009
I cant remember which particular titles I've read but most were very interesting.

I just dont know them offhand without looking up the novels.
Re: The Hardy Boys-joe And Pat Hardy Talk About It by BobiJoe: 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2009
oh sweet memories! smiley
can neva forget d hardy boys and their mysteries . its been so long dat i cant rememba any of their books.
back in my school days i always read their books alongside a nancy drew. the only book of thiers i can recall is called "shockwaves"where the three detectives(the hardy boys,nancy drew) featured.

@ poster
if i get 2 rememba any other books,i'll bring them up
Re: The Hardy Boys-joe And Pat Hardy Talk About It by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2009
I love this thread. I read the hardy boys when I was young. I read so many books, it was crazy. Thanks for bringing back the memories.
I also read nancy drew, and the 3 investigators, gosh, my childhood days,
Chet loved to eat and eat so much, lol,
Did anyone remember 'the melted coins' in the hardy boys series, when they had to deal with a pirate, and there was 'the mysterious caravan' when they went to morocco I think, franklin w. dixon was the bomb,
@OP- Thanks for bringing back my childhood memories!

(1) (Reply)

Why Mad Men Go To Heaven! / An Amateur Script Writer Wanted / The Best Book You've Read So Far In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.