Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:35 PM

Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption (7716 Views)

El-Rufai Mocks Anti-Buhari Nigerians With Music Video / Complete Names Of 21 Ministerial Nominees Read By Saraki / Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees Revealed- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
Like everyone, I anticipated to know the men and women that will form the Federal Executive Council with the President, so as to get an insight to the direction of the Buhari government. Since May 29, Nigerians have been consistent in calling for the formation of a cabinet, many was filled with ecstasy when it was reported that the president finally sent names of 21 nominees to the Senate. It however became a moment of grief. I almost broke down in tears on hearing the Senate President reading the names on the nominees on the floor of the senate. The nominees are some of the most morally bankrupt in the society.

Dr Chris Ngige is the same Ngige that planned with his estranged godfather Dr Chris Ubah to STEAL the electoral mandate of Mr Peter Obi of APGA in the Anambra 2003 Governorship election. It took Peter Obi THREE solid years before his mandate was restored by the court sitting in Enugu.
www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/anambra-the-judgments-so-far/
Ngige is not just an election thief, he also SWORE oath of allegiance to Chris Uba before the dreaded Okija shrine as condition to cover up his fraudulent mandate. www.saharareporters.com/2007/06/14/tell-magazine-governor-chains-ta-orji-grotto-okija-shrine
In November 2013, Ngige as Senator representing Anambra state shamefully admitted that his achievement as Senator was building of TWO VIP Toilets. He was roundly booed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ZJqJ5bx1I
On what basis did Buhari nominate him as minister if not 'padi-padi things'?

Rotimi Amaechi: How do we explain his inclusion despite the indictment hanging on his neck by Rivers state government? How do one explain the fact that there are so many unattended petition against the former governor before the EFCC and ICPC? Some Buharists argue that he hasn't been convicted, but who will convict him when the Buhari government has neither prosecuted him nor followed up petitions against him? Some say GEJ should have prosecuted him but forgot that as Governor, Amaechi enjoyed immunity from arrests and prosecution. Why can't Buhari do what is right?

Raji Fashola: Fashola's inclusion is another one that calls for question. Buhari claimed that he want to run 'prudent' government but we have Fashola whose definition of prudency is to spend N78million on personal website, N2billion per KM road and almost N200m just for TWO boreholes. Add to the fact that there is existing petition before EFCC against him by CACOL that Buhari hasn't attended to.

Other Men of Questionable Characters:
Also contained in the list is Audu Ogbeh, a former PDP Chairman (2001-2005) that defended the fraudulent 2003 election and was also part of the Uba-Ngige saga. There is also Abdulrahman Dambazzau, a former Chief of Army Staff under the Yar'adua administration. He was fingered as a full blooded member and defender of the Turai Yar'adua kitchen cabal that held Nigeria hostage when Yar'adua was in vegetable state in Saudi Arabia in late 2009? John Kayode Fayemi was accused of financial recklessness as Ekiti state governor. He was accused of spending a appropriating N50million to buy bed for his bedroom. Is that not fraud? Senator Udo Udoma a staunch pro-3rd term PDP Senator between 1999 and 2007.

No Nominee With Impressive Record
Having run through the list of nominees, I can't find any that is impressive to Nigerians. Even the female nominee from Taraba state, Aisha Alhassan was a member of the PDP until 2014. So where is the change? What is a man like Ogbonaya Onu still looking for in government?

I make bold to say that Buhari has once again confirmed that he's not only a product of corruption, but he's also an apostle of bringing alleged corrupt people to government. The Four month of wait was a waste of time for Nigerians. I sympathise with his disappointed supporters that were fooled into believing the change mantra of President Buhari. The whole shenanigans is not different from what was obtained in the past. Corruption mocks anti-corruption.

May God Bless Us All

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Lattop(m): 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Chief Wailer is back wailing at Baba Ministerial listgrin

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Mynd44: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
All I see here are "accused of" and "allegedly" please come back when you have any sensible reason to wail and cry. The truth is that you PDP goons are so hypocritical that you say people are innocent until proven guilty but only limit it to when people like Kashamu, Stella Oduah and Diezani are involved.

Please name one of them that had been indicted, had a case running in court or has ever appeared in court in relation to corruption.

Name one that has been convicted or hush up. We are not here for the usual crap the PDP does. It is funny that PDP supporters whose "hero" had ministers like Obanikoro criticize Fayemi.

Fayose has been screaming that Fayemi stole money since before he became governor but up till today not one allegation against him.

As for Fashola...please keep wailing. But while at it, point to one person that can stand him in intelligence in the PDP. Is it Idris Wada or Akpabio? Lmaoooo.

I even thought he will mention Kemi Adeosun or something like that. Pointlessness is your thing now.

Have fun....I can bet a wánk fess is about to follow so let me watch and laugh at your arrogance mixed with ignorance

Wait, do you people know that a 12.5kg cylinder of cooking gas is now 2,500 Naira, Kerosene is 50 Naira and diesel sells for 110 Naira?

These PDP folks should go bury their heads in motor oil abeg

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by lovesamzy: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
na wa ooo
Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
I wonder what Audu Ogbeh is doing on the list. I thought that they said that the PDP destroyed Nigeria for the past 16 years.

Were Audu Ogbe, Ngige and Amechi not among them? Afterall Ogbeh was a 'king' in the pdp.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by dridowu: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
The judiciary is the last hope of common citizen in Nigeria, whoever be male/female, old/young, black/white, APC/PDP that is not satisfied with Buhari nominee should proceed to court of law to cry over there if not satisfied , in Akiolu voice lagoon is always available.

God Bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lattop:
Baba has disappointed Nigerians

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by QuotaSystem: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
They set up panels, published reports, sent petitions to the Senate...

But the Lion of Ubima defeated them once again, just like he slayed Jonathan/Mama Piss, by making the list of the President's list of Co-pilots...

A Hausa/fulani man is a man of his word (amana), we knew PMB would never betray Fayemi/Ameachi/Fashola...

Wike should locate the lagoon and do the needful, his boss remains his BOSS.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930008_cqe66mdwwaakgxq_png71ae5db21c30b640de71f52db307b35f

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by bjdon: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
OP, You'll be insulted and abused for simply telling the truth. The people I feel sorry for are the ignorant youths. They go about shouting 'Sai baba' all over the place meanwhile the exact same people that have been robbing the nation blind have now been nominated ministers. Let's wait and see how this group of recycled crooks will implement a 'change' agenda

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lattop:

Please why not refute his write or prove him wrong. Must you resort to name calling?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by kellyJames5(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
shocked

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by warrior01: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
So sorry for APC followers, it's obvious they have been scammed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by UmuEri(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
APC is a scam!

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Take not human government too seriously. PMB is just like every other Nigerian politician. He just had to choose from amongst those who supported his ascension to Aso Rock.

That's the way it works. Everywhere.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
dridowu:
The judiciary is the last hope of common citizen in Nigeria, whoever be male/female, old/young, black/white, APC/PDP that is not satisfied with Buhari nominee should proceed to court of law to cry over there if not satisfied , in Akiolu voice lagoon is always available.

God Bless Nigeria
Why are you guys bent on destroying Nigeria?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
dridowu:

God Bless Nigeria

Bros, please with every sincerity, does the ministerial list reflect the 'anti-corruption stance' of Buhari?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Mynd44: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
Funny.....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by warrior01: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
The same ol cargoes

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Jwhizzy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
I saw this coming grin
But I was hoping for a thorough write-up analysing and dissecting each ministerial nominee. @tonyebarcanista, you can surely do better than this.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by kahal29: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
You didn't see Amina Mohammed from Gombe State and a Special Advisor to the United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon on Post-2015 Development Planning. Her nomination is based on merit having earned a global reputation. According to the UN, “in 2005, she was “charged with the coordination of the debt relief funds ($1billion per annum) towards the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in Nigeria. Unknown to many, she co-founded the Afri-Projects Consortium in 1991, which handled many jobs when Buhari was in the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) established by the late Gen. Abacha to manage oil windfall.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
dearpreye:
Take not human government too seriously. PMB is just like every other Nigerian politician. He just had to choose from amongst those who supported his ascension to Aso Rock.

That's the way it works. Everywhere.

I know but it looks absurd for me (an undiluted black man to call you a black man): as apc calls pdp corrupt.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Tallesty1(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
jusRadical:
I wonder what Audu Ogbeh is doing on the list. I thought that they said that the PDP destroyed Nigeria for the past 16 years.

Were Audu Ogbe, Ngige and Amechi not among them? Afterall Ogbeh was a 'king' in the pdp.
Buhari's odour has made them saints.

They are now new creatures, infallible and without sin.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by ThePeacemaker(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2015
kiss kiss
Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by gists: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
They never cease to disappoint.
Cry-Cry-Babies AKA Wailing Wailers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
jusRadical:

I know but it looks absurd for me (an undiluted black man to call you a black man): as apc calls pdp corrupt.

These folks are one and the same.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
bjdon:
OP, You'll be insulted and abused for simply telling the truth. The people I feel sorry for are the ignorant youths. They go about shouting 'Sai baba' all over the place meanwhile the exact same people that have been robbing the nation blind have now been nominated ministers. Let's wait and see how this group of recycled crooks will implement a 'change' agenda
Very soon they will be ashamed to chant 'Sai Baba'

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Mynd44: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
But you guys also say the APC in Lagos are thieves yet in the last PDP primaries, the top runners were Agbaje and Obanikoro....but from the AD.

Please this is not a joking matter

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
Now let me lecture you about Fashola...
Firstly, i would implore u to ignore that silly orobo errand boy of a governor, that said, u need to go check ur record, Tunde Fashola is not like your governor, Fashola embark on Largescale water project, Adiyan Waterworks for example have a projected 20million litres of water in a day, batch A and B of the project have been completed and commissioned, the last batch is in an advanced stage of completion.... Fashola don't construct Boreholes, i repeat Fashola do not Construt Boreholes....Even Secondary schools in Lagos are been litted up with their own mini IPP... Talkmore of Water Project...

On the Website Issue, D said company quoted lagos 78million but was paid 12million naira only And i see nothing wrong in providing a platform for the citizens to access the achievement of their govt both in pictures and videos...

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by dridowu: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Why are you guys bent on destroying Nigeria?
Baba is rebuilding the structure PDP destroy for 16 solid years, if that is what you meant by destroying, then i stand with Baba.
jusRadical:

Bros, please with every sincerity, does the ministerial list reflect the 'anti-corruption stance' of Buhari?
I don't work with EFCC/ICPC/CACOL , the 3 bodies are there for every citizen of Nigeria to use, package your evidence send it there so that those affected can be removed and make sure law court fine them guiltybut until then i stand with Buhari nomines.
But if you can't do it tell TonyeBarcanista to help you out.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by babaijesha1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
If Fashola and Amaechi are confirmed as ministers then Buhari will do well to hide his head in shame wherever anti corruption crusade is being discussed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by evansvenus(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lattop:
counter wah the op postulated...stp acting silly

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministerial Nominees: Same Ol' Same, Corruption Mocks Anti-corruption by Mynd44: 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Baba has disappointed Nigerians
And which Nigerians? Those who voted him in are still behind him. The only people who are "disappointed" are you folks with the spirit of Orubebe in you and whatever he does can not satisfy you so.....toddle off

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: A Call For Youth Coalition To Defend Democratic Principles / Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC / Lagos Flood - Banana Island Flooded As Davido's Cars Were Stock On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.