Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 (36417 Views)

Utibe Whose Song Caught Davido's Attention Loses His Mum / Throwback Photo Of Wizkid Before Fame In Nov.2009 / Fans Beg Eva Alordia For Money. She Gave Them An Epic Reply (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by donshaddow(m): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:
In a year which has been dominated with the rise of many new artistes, it is almost impossible to shorten the list of Songs which 'blew up' certain new artistes this year but then this list is close to as perfect as it can get when it comes to mentioning the top 10 songs which blew up this year from new artistes. Without further ado let's get down to business.

1. Woju - A song which had a great buzz within the first quarter of the year, Woju was the song which finally brought G-worldwide's frontliner Kiss Daniels into the limelight. A remix with Davido and Tiwa Savage further cemented his place up there.

2. Laye - Yet another offering from Kiss Daniels which further showed him not just as a One Hit wonder but as an act that can successfully "mess with the same sound"(Raba pun intended) and create two different hits.

These 2 songs shot New School act Kiss Daniels into the limelight.

3. Godwin - A street anthem and one of the few songs in Nigerian history that could be used in any church to praise God as well as (sadly) rocked to in any Club, Godwin was an infectious tune which successfully carved Korede Bello his own niche in the Music Industry.

4. Sade - AdekunleGold of YBNL was shot into the limelight as the 3rd YBNL act to have successfully 'blown' in the 2nd quarter of the year with his rendition of Sade, a cover version done on a One Direction song.

5. Jamb Question - The first new female face to be known this year was Simi and although Tiff was her first song this year to give her some buzz, Jamb Question was the final stroke of the racket to win her the points of 'blowing up' in the Music industry. With a title that became a phrase on the lips of the streets, Simi definitely has to thank this tune for her fame this year.

That's why copy and paste no good.

So, Kiss Daniel don become 2 artist?" Woju" and "Laye".

You need to read-proof before posting shits.
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by babyfaceafrica: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Duro by teckno..nice
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Jamb Question though shocked

10/10
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by crazygod(m): 11:55am On Oct 07, 2015
Op i would have faulted your list since u didnt bother to put a gospel song there, but i'll let it slide since u're a 'prettyhausagirl' and u dnt listen to gospel.
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by davades(m): 11:59am On Oct 07, 2015
The list is incomplete without Lil Kesh aka Keshi
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by iamkingzlee(m): 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
hatux:
Those ajekpako babes above me dey form butty... To tear you slap dey hungry me undecided.

You don't know small doctor Its like you live in the underworld....

Good list Op
lool. i dey tell you grin "I dey kill mosquitoe well well" grin which lagos DJ doesn't play that song sef
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by missKiffy(f): 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
englishmart:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931957_wpidwpidcynthiamorgan_jpeg_jpegca2451edc2f33f21f568e3c0335901c7 I don't know who this lady is, but what I'm very sure of is that she looks like a Portuguese born Chinese lady brought up in Kenya and deported to Burkina Faso..
Hehehe cheesy
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Easy023(m): 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
HrmOlolade:
kpako dey form, no be ajegunle u dey live with mosquitoes
U bad o. Lol
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by activelyA(f): 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:
6. Awww - Di'Ja Of The Mavin Group dropped this Classic alternative tune which had a unique video and early this year the buzz it got was enough to make her stand out as her own individual and get her much popularity amongst music lovers.

7. Illegal - Pepenazi is a new school artiste who has been behind the scenes for sometime now but this year he released certain songs which started creating some good buzz for him as well as his cameos in most YBNL videos. Low and Fifemayo were starters but Illegal is the tune which took his name to the streets and finally put him at his highest point in the limelight.

8. Mosquito Killer This tune is easily hated or easily danced to. Pasuma's prodigy Small Doctor [/b]became the rave of the streets especially in Lagos with this anthem and is now one of the recognizable faces of Nigerian New School Music.

9. [b] Katapot
- With the respectable success of Chop Am in 2014, Reekado Banks needed to make a strong statement in 2015 and this song which was alleged to be a beef for Wande Coal and D'Banj with its unique video was the perfect tune to 'Catapult' him into the upper echelons of the Nigerian new school hitmakers.

10. German Juice - Having already created buzz for herself in 2014 with Don't Break My Heart , Cynthia Morgan succesfully cemented her place as a force to reckon with in the new school nigerian music industry with this fast paced patois-sung tune and it did her music C.V the best.

Add others if any...

Article written by : PrettyHausaGirl for www.craytunes..co.ke/2015/10/top-9-new-school-artistes-whose-song.html?m=1

Cc: lalasticlala seun

Osinachi.... Humble smith
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by MemphisDepay(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nice list, but I must admit that Reekado Banks is a bit underrated. That guy can sing ehhnnnn
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
I only knew 1-3 never knew the other songs. were they that popular?
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by falan: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
everybody become CHRISTIAN.
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Dalyjay(m): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Xcuse me, s dat how dija chest s, i mean very flat?
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by barcaboi(m): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:
In a year which has been dominated with the rise of many new artistes, it is almost impossible to shorten the list of Songs which 'blew up' certain new artistes this year but then this list is close to as perfect as it can get when it comes to mentioning the top 10 songs which blew up this year from new artistes. Without further ado let's get down to business.

1. Woju - A song which had a great buzz within the first quarter of the year, Woju was the song which finally brought G-worldwide's frontliner Kiss Daniels into the limelight. A remix with Davido and Tiwa Savage further cemented his place up there.

2. Laye - Yet another offering from Kiss Daniels which further showed him not just as a One Hit wonder but as an act that can successfully "mess with the same sound"(Raba pun intended) and create two different hits.

3. Godwin - A street anthem and one of the few songs in Nigerian history that could be used in any church to praise God as well as (sadly) rocked to in any Club, Godwin was an infectious tune which successfully carved Korede Bello his own niche in the Music Industry.

4. Sade - AdekunleGold of YBNL was shot into the limelight as the 3rd YBNL act to have successfully 'blown' in the 2nd quarter of the year with his rendition of Sade, a cover version done on a One Direction song.

5. Jamb Question - The first new female face to be known this year was Simi and although Tiff was her first song this year to give her some buzz, Jamb Question was the final stroke of the racket to win her the points of 'blowing up' in the Music industry. With a title that became a phrase on the lips of the streets, Simi definitely has to thank this tune for her fame this year.
oga Simi is not a new face....She's bn around since 2007 or so when she released Ara ile
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by batulakarada: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
Heard Godwin and laye and woju ...others not so much and I stay in lag ....Who is simi,pepenezzi ? undecided
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Bennydballs(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Is Tekno not a new school artiste? Wet in happen to him "Duro" song?
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by BALLOSKI: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
hatux:
Those ajekpako babes above me dey form butty... To tear you slap dey hungry me undecided.

Good list Op
even me nor knw those songs. E get Wetin u fit nor knw no matter how popular it is.
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by anexboy: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
Woos!!! Another Indigenous Rapper from Agege is here with the HOTTEST freestyle!!!His Name is Ayomide(AKA)Little Badoo, Lyrically known As Anexboy. Listen and Download: Anexboy_Rapkiller http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ef73ca98 and may God bless you as you download.
Show some love for this upcoming star from Agege, Listen and Download: Anexboy_So Beauriful http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0d3b7648 may God Bless уσυ as you download. Thanks!!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by oizapendent(f): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
seconded

RedCard1:
The Godwin song is an overrated mess. It managed to be a huge hit cos of the hero worship of Don Jazzy by Nigerians.

Are you sure Dija is the one in that pic? Na here wey photoshop come finish work. That babe sabi sing small but she no fine like this.

Woju and Laye are same product in different packages.

Katapot is just cool. Reekado Banks can really sing.

Simi's Jamb Question takes it all. Nice song.
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Abagworo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
What of Lil Kesh? Though Shoki was last year, I think he has cemented his place with hits upon hits including Efejoku, Gbese, "Is it because I love you". YBNL is good.
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by prey02(f): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
englishmart:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931957_wpidwpidcynthiamorgan_jpeg_jpegca2451edc2f33f21f568e3c0335901c7 I don't know who this lady is, but what I'm very sure of is that she looks like a Portuguese born Chinese lady brought up in Kenya and deported to Burkina Faso..

You are mean...chaii!!!
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by ManTiger(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
hatux:

Good list Op
No mind dem joor.

But small doctor star fit be like danfo driver own.
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by danbrowndmf(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
Cajetanspeaks:
humble smith (osinachi)
This boy good die,that osinachi song is a jam,na phyno even spoil the song. Flavour should watch his back.cheesy
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

alhaji techno with DURO
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by itzemar(m): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
SHOKI: AS for the young man LIL KESH, he'll be forever grateful to the gods of shoki for helping him blow with that song... #lyrically lyrically cool
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Xynthialuvy(f): 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
Whizpeter:

Are you sure you're in Nigeria You can be forgiven for not knowing Illegal but Katapot and Laye? No na... Unless you just fell from mars...
. U said what?
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by franugo(m): 6:15am On Oct 12, 2015
batulakarada:
Heard Godwin and laye and woju ...others not so much and I stay in lag ....Who is simi,pepenezzi ? undecided

guy go download jamb question, its dope man!
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by batulakarada: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
franugo:

guy go download jamb question, its dope man!
Are you his manager?
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by franugo(m): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
batulakarada:

Are you his manager?

its her bro, not him. And i am not her manager, i wish i were shacheesy
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by batulakarada: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
franugo:

its her bro, not him. And i am not her manager, i wish i were shacheesy
Hmmmm ...OK will try download sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vera Sidika Buys New Car For New Boyfriend Days After Dumping Ex-boyfriend / Nollywood Veterans Whose Children Have Followed In Their Footsteps / Ifu Ennada As A 19-Year-Old TV Presenter (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.