Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! (5437 Views)

Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User / For Those That Are Body Shaming Women (photos) / She Posted This On Facebook And Got The Bashing Of Her Life (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
I used to be an ardent reader of NL though I signed up officially last year. However, over the past couple of months, I have been disgusted by the ignorance, lack of empathy, chauvinistic and misogynistic behaviors displayed by the guys here to the ladies. This has kept me away from being active for some time now. Everyday on the front page, you must find not less than 3 topics on what a lady should or shouldn't do, blah blah blah. These topics are bait topics for views and I think the moderators know this. But is it really necessary for you to be gender-biased just so you can get more clicks? These has even turned into cyber-bullying. How do you think it is fair to female folks to be constantly reminded that they are nothing but objects of gratification that need validation from men in everything they do? You can't even come here just for the fun of social media again, your spirits are constantly brought down by comments here. This is really no different from racism if you ask me. We know it's a man's world. We are not competing with you. We just want to be loved, treated fairly and respected as humans first. It is that basic. Women don't owe men anything and vice-versa. No one created the other so none should feel entitled or superior. Our differences should be our strengths and not a room for oppression. Please NL guys, please learn a form of decency and decorum in your use of language towards ladies. Yo have mothers and don't forget that you'd have daughters too one day.

Lastly, the misconception that feminists are man-haters is a lie. Please don't make us one. It is easier to hate than too love but we are not cowards, hence we wold choose to do the other. Just know this, whether you like it or not, feminism has come to stay. You can choose to fight it or embrace it. We are not here to compete with you, so don't feel threatened. I hope this actually speaks to someone. Peace!!

Edit:

I'm not surprised by the comments here which further prove my point. You all have mothers, sisters and daughters. Do you talk to them the same way you do here? They also belong to the gender of beggars and hoes right? Treating every female like shit just because some act in a particular way doesn't make you any better.
And I can't believe someone here is relating not taking correction to me being a feminist. If you are a woman and you are not constructive with your criticism, I'd not give you an audience either. Why must this have anything to do with gender? Except you feel so entitled as a man that a woman must listen to anything you have to say which is really not different from being a chauvinist.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
netizenbuzz:
I used to be an ardent reader of NL though I signed up officially last year. However, over the past couple of months, I have been disgusted by the ignorance, lack of empathy, chauvinistic and misogynistic behaviors displayed by the guys here to the ladies. This has kept me away from being active for some time now. Everyday on the front page, you must find not less than 3 topics on what a lady should or shouldn't do, blah blah blah. These topics are bait topics for views and I think the moderators know this. But is it really necessary for you to be gender-biased just so you can get more clicks? These has even turned into cyber-bullying. How do you think it is fair to female folks to be constantly reminded that they are nothing but objects of gratification that need validation from men in everything they do? You can't even come here just for the fun of social media again, your spirits are constantly brought down by comments here. This is really no different from racism if you ask me. We know it's a man's world. We are not competing with you. We just want to be loved, treated fairly and respected as humans first. It is that basic. Women don't owe men anything and vice-versa. No one created the other so none should feel entitled or superior. Our differences should be our strengths and not a room for oppression. Please NL guys, please learn a form of decency and decorum in your use of language towards ladies. Yo have mothers and don't forget that you'd have daughters too one day.

Lastly, the misconception that feminists are man-haters is a lie. Please don't make us one. It is easier to hate than too love but we are not cowards, hence we wold choose to do the other. Just know this, whether you like it or not, feminism has come to stay. You can choose to fight it or embrace it. We are not here to compete with you, so don't feel threatened. I hope this actually speaks to someone. Peace!!

You are confuse. The bolded phrase are contradicting and discredit your message. Figure it out.

8 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Vinshu(f): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
smiley

Finally something that is not "10 things a lady should do..." "top ten things Nigerian ladies do..." etc...

God Bless you op. smiley

But it is not a man's world. Point of correction but well said.

Feminism has come to stay! Let them spew their trash on the front page. It changes nothing!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ana'ma bia

2 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
......just what I have been dying to say, but haven't had time.

I too, have noticed the prevalence of said female bashing as well. I picked this up right from the moment i discovered NL by accident while googling something. I must say, it is worsening as of late.

.....This fact is very apparent in the number of female shamming posts that make so called "FP".

Doesn't speak well of owner/s or moderators of this site at all. And, I understand the mods of romance section are females, are we sure of this or are they just oppressed females being held at gun point or puppet-ed by a male behind the screen.

What are their agenda I must ask. Shame on you lot really.

Sadly, this post will probably be deleted or hidden or whatever the hell they do with intelligent and sensible posts nowadays.

This site is also a place for collecting revenue for the owner, it is not really meant for "quality and good" educational and informational purposes. Oh, you will get information, but useless, corrupt and very biased ones.

If not for the health section, I would be gone here faster than the speed of light.

Go figure.

11 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by dharay99: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
plz summary of
dah† bullshiiii† up der....

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

You are confuse. The bolded phrase are contradicting and discredit your message. Figure it out.

No I'm not. I see no contradiction so please enlighten me.
Feminists are not here to compete with you. Being granted equal CHANCE is not the same as competition. It only means a fair playing ground. Get my drift?

4 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:
smiley

Finally something that is not "10 things a lady should do..." "top ten things Nigerian ladies do..." etc...

God Bless you op. smiley

Feminism has come to stay! Let them spew their trash on the front page. It changes nothing!

I just said it's a man's world to boost their ego lol
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
Space booked

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
Op, d'u want to kill the fun we having here??
How many threads have you created to help the ministry of the ladies? Bashing is allowed. Create your own and fault the guys.

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Obichi98(m): 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
Since u defraud Adam u and has not show any kind of remorse but rather wax stronger with evil u shall not k now peace!
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2015
netizenbuzz:

You were making some sense until your last paragraph. Let's not get started on that though.

I wonder how the topics I see on frontpage reminds women that they are nothing but objects of gratification and need validation from men! Maybe you chose not to see it from the right point of view.

Lastly, you may say that feminists aren't men-haters but I make bold to say that feminism builds an ideology that tends to be anti-male. Hence, it'll always be kicked against. I stand for equality. Feminism is a sham that has led many women into the bitter lives they live now.

2 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Vinshu(f): 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
netizenbuzz:

I just said it's a man's world to boost their ego lol

Ego? Don't give them the slightest ego. They do not deserve it. Females are disrespected a lot on this forum. They hurl indirect insults, bashing and so on everyday. Most genuine ladies do not even visit the forum anymore so as not to have their day ruined with silly comments.

3 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:
smiley

God Bless you op. smiley

one mumu spotted
Over to you TSOM
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Rapsainot(m): 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
Just passing by
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by vizkiz: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
I am not with the whole idea of "bashing" women but the truth hurts so much. And these guys creating those "bashing" threads are typing the basic truth!! undecided

Most girls in Nigeria are pathetic and are a very bad image to the good responsible ladies! So you expect us to keep ass licking and praising them right

Nairaland is bigger than you dawg! If you are not ok with the way things are done here, just deactivate your account and buzz off! angry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
Another space booked. Abeg who get gold circle? Just ran out of gold circles

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
netizenbuzz:

No I'm not. I see no contradiction so please enlighten me.
Feminists are not here to compete with you. Being granted equal CHANCE is not the same as competition. It only means a fair playing ground. Get my drift?

How does saying its a man's world and wanting equal chance correspond? If you conform to the idea that it's a man's world then it means you're admitting men are superior which defeats any opportunity of an equal chance.

It's either you're a pseudo feminist or a newbie to the crew. All feminist would dismiss the claim of it's a man's world. You speak from both sides of your mouth, sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
one mumu spotted
Over to you TSOM

One fool spotted.

2 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
I support the OP.

It has to stop.

6 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
vizkiz:
I am not with the whole idea of "bashing" women but the truth hurts so much. And these guys creating those "bashing" threads are typing the basic truth!! undecided

Most girls in Nigeria are pathetic and are a very bad image to the good responsible ladies! So you expect us to keep ass licking and praising them right

Nairaland is bigger than you dawg! If you are not ok with the way things are done here, just deactivate your account and buzz off! angry

you really didn't have to call me a dawg even if you don't agree with me

7 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
Who you wan fcck?. Lemme guess?.. Pre********. grin I get Durex
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

How does saying its a man's world and wanting equal chance correspond? If you conform to the idea that it's a man's world then it means you're admitting men are superior which defeats any chance of an equal chance.

It's either you're a pseudo feminist or a newbie to the crew. All feminist would dismiss the claim of it's a man's world. You speak from both sides of your mouth, sorry.

please read my other comments because it seems like the sarcasm is lost on you.

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2015
While some choose to look at it as glass have full,some choose to look at it as glass half empty, as for me,I just see a glass with content in it...#Gofigure.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by vizkiz: 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2015
netizenbuzz:

you really didn't have to call me a dawg even if you don't agree with me

I aiint cursing you. Its just like saying "dude/guy" undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
Brother Steven is on speed dial! angry
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
netizenbuzz:

please read my other comments because it seems like the sarcasm is lost on you.

There was no sarcasm when you asserted it's a man's world. The comment was driven literally. Come off your high horse and admit your goofing you pseudo feminist.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

How does saying its a man's world and wanting equal chance correspond? If you conform to the idea that it's a man's world then it means you're admitting men are superior which defeats any chance of an equal chance.

Easy man! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
iAmCharis:
Easy man! grin grin grin grin grin

I'm pointing out her goof and ignorance about what feminism entails and like it's their stock in trade their ego would not submit to correction from a 'male'. It would have been acceptable if my gender was flipped. Feminist ko feminism my foot.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

There was no sarcasm when you asserted it's a man's world. The comment was driven literally. Come off your high horse and admit your goofing you pseudo feminist.

wow.........you seem to know me more than I know myself. You also seem very angry. It is going to be okay dear.
Anyway, like I told a previous commenter, that phrase was to boost men's ego. The truth behind this thread is that the inspiration came just as I left another thread where a guy made that same comment, "it's a man's world". To me, I just quoted a popular saying. So I'm sorry if I'm not feminist enough for you. My apologies.

2 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
Strahovski:

One fool spotted.
one ass licker spotted
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by hottest111: 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:

Ego? Don't give them the slightest ego. They do not deserve it. Females are disrespected a lot on this forum. They hurl indirect insults, bashing and so on everyday. Most genuine ladies do not even visit the forum anymore so as not to have their day ruined with silly comments.
U said ' Most genuine ladies do not visit the forum anymore... '
wat d Bleep re u saying...as u visited nw, i guess u'r not genuine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am New Here / Why Do Women Get Enraged Whenever A Man Is Advised To Marry A Virgin? (Pics) / Hillarious Conversations Between A Lady And Her Bf On Whatsapp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.