Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Ministerial List Splits Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Splits Senate (35673 Views)

IPOB SPLITS: Breakaway Faction, TRIPOB, To Burn Biafra Flag On October 1 / Amaechi Splits Senate Panel / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Markmoore008: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2015
Disagreement is part of the game!

Sometimes, we disagree to agree.

Besides, check 100 hot biz & money

making ideas here!
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by bashydemy(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Firefire:

I am aligned with the bolded.

However, the current trend of issues is a complete caricature and waste of Nigerians scarce economic resources.

Waiting for four months to read out the names of Amaechi, Audu, Babatunde, Ngige, Lie Mohammed etc.

Why?

Why?

Why?

Did the Heavenly declined Buhari request for angels
undecided

Why are we recycling the same elements who had set Nigeria backward in their previous roles and portfolios ?

Why is there no CHANGE to appoint the likes of PassignShot as Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria ?

Why is PassigShot and his likes expending their energies defending our common criminals and looters ?

Welcome to my country, Nigeria!
But the last time i check you never complain during GEJ for recycling, Obanikoro contested and lost primary and was rename as a minister did you complain? Now tell me are you still pained for the lost at the poll or what? We voted for PMB and we will accept who ever he present.... You never voted for him so you don't have any right to question is nominees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Fortunate017(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2015
Hmmm!!! Those old men no want make our tomorrow reach quick.. I don tire to hear say we the youth and children are the leaders of tomorrow. Those men don't want to relinquish those positions. I support Seun Kuti. Why didn't baba give these positions to young, vibrant and strong technocrats who are ready work not those old men who are going there just to make noise and to loot.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by murphyibiam15(m): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2015
Rawani:

These are the words of the leader of the opposition in the Senate, Senator Akpabio; meanwhile wailers are screaming their lungs out.

The first criticism had come from Akpabio who had drawn attention to the
constitutional provision that all states of the federation be represented in the
feder the sycophancy..any small thing u guys will use 'wailers' to cover up
Rawani:

These are the words of the leader of the opposition in the Senate, Senator Akpabio; meanwhile wailers are screaming their lungs out.

constitutional provision that all states of the federation be represented in the
Rawani:

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by bashydemy(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Firefire:

Interesting epistle in defend of the time waster cum president. cheesy
Wow so the time is now your problem and not the nominees anymore? Well the last time i check the constitution said the President should appoint ministers and does not state specific time and number of ministers to be appointed..
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by bashydemy(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2015
gassdon:
Most of the names on the ministerial nominee list are "Nigeria Common Criminals"

Can you show me 21 Nigeria common saint?
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Me2You225(f): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2015
wow. you people wont understand , Sai Buhari will deal with them in future .its better they don't accept the offer because all I see in future for them is I quote "The ministers have been probed
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2015
Hmn, How many people saw these line - But of
course, the Senate will still do its work of screening and re-screening and I pray that more than 70 or 80 per cent of the list should pass through.”

Then,my question is who of the nominees did you think will fall under the 20 to 30percent that will be ejected out .
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by deygar: 8:19am On Oct 07, 2015
with these list, I know buhari is not ready to fight curuption as he claim, instead he wants to apear to fight curuption,, is these the saint we have been waiting for?then these is just the begining of looting,,, because if people like ameachi and fashola are saints then then saraki is a priest....
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by BlackHuman(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Bishopmayowa:
I've lost hope in the change if amaechi, ngige and co is on the list. Not doubting their CVs, just saying that this guys have corrupt charges and u nominate them as ministers??
"Corrupt Charges" doesn't mean doesn't mean you are corrupt.....Even you, I can wake up one morning and charge u for corruption. It doesn't mean it's tru. Afterall, some people also claimed that the President didn't go to skool, he wants to islamise d nation bla,bla,bla...If u're sure of ur accusations, approach d Court Of Law and prove it. Any other thing is just Gossip and propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by francizy(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Left for me, let all the senators accept the ministerial nominees just to spite Africa's biggest landlord.. cheesy grin
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by oizapendent(f): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2015
seconded

Sanchez01:
If they like, they should resign. As long as the President believes the people he has chosen are capable of making their presence in the cabinet count, then I have no issues.

Nigerian politics has taught me something overtime; no one should be called a thief until it is proven in a competent court of law. Jonthan, Mama Peace, NOI, FFK, Doyin Okupe, Obasanjo, Tinubu, and a host of others are still innocent until the book of remembrance gets to them. Whoever has issues with Amaechi being on the list can as well make a case and expect that he/she wins.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by shevymania(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2015
There is nothing PMB will do that some set of people will not complain about because they are already praying 4 his downfall.The earlier appointment he made,u people were complaining that they are all from the north now he released just 60% of his cabinet nominees comprising of people from different ethnic group u're still complaining ,PMB abeg carry go we dey ur back kampe leave d wailers to go & jump into the lagoon.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by nigerianvenom(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2015
Meanwhile, the Presidency has begun moves to reach out to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)‎ senators with a view to persuading them to accept the 21 ministerial nominees President Muhammadu Buhari submitted to the Senate last week even as the upper chamber has fixed next Tuesday for their screening.

but when vanguard reported this yesterday,members of APC liars group argued and even abused vanguard as if na vanguard tell pa bubu to go deh beg PDP
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Dotng: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Firstly, PMB never gave any impression that the four months were to get "saints" and "angels". He clearly said he needed the time to clear the mess in the ministries; to establish new rules of engagement for the new ministers. What is wrong in wanting a new set of working arrangements from the past regime?

For all it is worth, governance at the federal level is not meant for all comers. It is for the experienced, tested and reliable hands. You see Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Ogbe et al as incompetent or too old to be ministers, the president sees them differently. Ministerial positions cannot be given as gifts on the basis of young age to those who do not join government. It is the same thing everywhere you go except for a few cases.

Also, we can and we do achieve different results with same set of tools. "Leader B" may excel with same ministers where "Leader A" has failed. The key thing is the type of leadership provided.

Diezani, Oduah, Abba Moro, Bankole, and many others belong in the new generation but we saw how all looted with reckless abandon. So, what's the fuss about the "younger generation" that has shown capacity for insatiable appetite for corruption?

The bolded is what some people cannot see or refuse to accept. We are mostly guided by sentiments and not by facts or reality. It is imperative to know that Jonathan as a new comer was our initial thought of change but we never factored experience in our permutations. We need the experienced hands to mentor new hands on how to govern. So the new generation can chart the proper course on the shoulders of experienced hands who are courageous to do things differently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by PassingShot(m): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Firefire:

Interesting epistle in defense of the time waster cum president. cheesy
Keep reveling in self deceit if it makes you happy. grin
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Firstly, PMB never gave any impression that the four months were to get "saints" and "angels". He clearly said he needed the time to clear the mess in the ministries; to establish new rules of engagement for the new ministers. What is wrong in wanting a new set of working arrangements from the past regime?

For all it is worth, governance at the federal level is not meant for all comers. It is for the experienced, tested and reliable hands. You see Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Ogbe et al as incompetent or too old to be ministers, the president sees them differently. Ministerial positions cannot be given as gifts on the basis of young age to those who do not join government. It is the same thing everywhere you go except for a few cases.

Also, we can and we do achieve different results with same set of tools. "Leader B" may excel with same ministers where "Leader A" has failed. The key thing is the type of leadership provided.

Diezani, Oduah, Abba Moro, Bankole, and many others belong in the new generation but we saw how all looted with reckless abandon. So, what's the fuss about the "younger generation" that has shown capacity for insatiable appetite for corruption?
Part of this your defence is the reason why Nigeria can not move or advance forward, you see nothing in critiising the presidency or calling him to order. You believe he is god and perfect, therefore he knows everything and can not make .mistakes, a list he just sat and draw out without consulting his real party faithful, i mean the people of intergrity, a list that has no single opposition party member on it and u think that is a normal or perfect way to gorvern?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Goke7: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2015
bashydemy:
But the last time i check you never complain during GEJ for recycling, Obanikoro contested and lost primary and was rename as a minister did you complain? Now tell me are you still pained for the lost at the poll or what? We voted for PMB and we will accept who ever he present.... You never voted for him so you don't have any right to question is nominees.

that is the amazing thing bruv, people who never believed in PMB keeps saying that they are disappointed, how can you be disappointed in
someone you expressed hatred for publicly.

Even when we heard in the news that the amount for fuel subsidy keeps reducing, some folks still said they were disappointed. na wa o.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by PassingShot(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2015
chisco82:

Part of this your defence is the reason why Nigeria can not move or advance forward, you see nothing in critiising the presidency or calling him to order. You believe he is god and perfect, therefore he knows everything and can not make .mistakes, a list he just sat and draw out without consulting his real party faithful, i mean the people of intergrity, a list that has no single opposition party member on it and u think that is a normal or perfect way to gorvern?
You must be very funny in real life if you expect opposition figures in the list.

Not much to tell you anymore.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 07, 2015
Dotng:

The bolded is what some people cannot see or refuse to accept. We are mostly guided by sentiments and not by facts or reality. It is imperative to know that Jonathan as a new comer was our initial thought of change but we never factored experience in our permutations. We need the experienced hands to mentor new hands on how to govern. So the new generation can chart the proper course on the shoulders of experienced hands who are courageous to do things differently.
So no one mentored those new comers then, i mean jonathan et'al? I doubt you, also the beef here is not mostly about their age but their past record of corruption, Audu ogbe for intance.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2015
PassingShot:

You must be very funny in real life if you expect opposition figures in the list.

Not much to tell you anymore.
So there are no better people that can move Nigeria forward from the opposition or better say among the APC except the same old people that destroyed Nigeria.
Remember almost all of them were Ex.PDPs and they all have bad past records.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by ElCapone(m): 8:48am On Oct 07, 2015
I was personally looking forward to expecting news hands but as it is d oga @ da top has decided, I pray they all take us to our promise land. God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by shejane: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Is peter Nwaobochi a youth? Is dis his 1st time in the senate? Will he contest again or resign from politics after dis tenure?
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by PassingShot(m): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2015
chisco82:

So there are no better people that can move Nigeria forward from the opposition or better say among the APC except the same old people that destroyed Nigeria.
Remember almost all of them were Ex.PDPs and they all have bad past records.
Do yourself the justice by telling me what bad past record each and everyone of them is.

To help you, you can refer to the Chief Wailer's very watery thread on the same issue.

N:B - Do not come here with allegations because allegations and accusations will not cut it for you guys.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by enitiObanke(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2015
Hear Akpabio........ “So far, on a personal note, I am impressed with the list that was sent by the President. I believe that he has kept his word by ensuring that we seek out people of integrity who can salvage the country."
This man is a buffoon for sure, why won't he be impressed on a personal note! 85% of the people on that list don't have integrity, nor honour.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by lumeneng22: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2015
PMB and the senate should put the interest of the country first before compasating anybody with ministerial appointment. People are talking of sponsorship of campaign now forgetting that some stole their state money to that effect and we fighting corruption.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2015
PassingShot:

What if Diezani, Oduah, Abba Moro, Bankole, were brought so that leader B would use them where after leader A failed Would this be the same treatment you would give them? You stink of hypocrisy and dumb N5000 per month mentality. So now you remember diezani's sins but won't rember Fashola's??

Bloody N5000 hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2015
let us see if they get results...
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Do yourself the justice by telling me what bad past record each and everyone of them is.

To help you, you can refer to the Chief Wailer's very watery thread on the same issue.

N:B - Do not come here with allegations because allegations and accusations will not cut it for you guys.
Eg: Audu ogbe, why did have to resign as the PDP Chairman, be honest plz.
NB: I'm not a member nor supporter of PDP but i love Nigeria and want it to be good.
I have always love PMB thats why i want him to succeed but l'm afraid he may not succeed with some of those set of people sir.
Thanks.
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2015
PassingShot:

This got me thinking if PDP has learnt a lesson. The same "propaganda and deceit" they shouted to high heavens when APC was formed. The same "propaganda and deceit" they shouted during the campaign. The same "propaganda and deceit" they shouted till they lost the presidency. Yet, it's the same words they're still shouting even when out of power!

Do they think Nigerians are as stupid as they are?

At the end of the day, Nigerians will not judge PMB and his government on what PDP says but on their performance compared with the previous PDP's.

APC n buhari has already ruined Nigeria...it's too late
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by odinese(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2015
MabraO:

Could goatluck read a speech without looking through a bunch of paper
A PhD holder for that matter
If u tired of Nigeria u can go to South Sudan or Niger rep or maybe Lesotho

Ain't even in Nigeria buddy
Re: Ministerial List Splits Senate by dukecharles(m): 9:15am On Oct 07, 2015
PMB's compensation list abi ministerial list causing Crack on the Senate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From APGA Presidential Flag Off At Ekwueme Square Awka / Taraba Govt Sacks Husband Of Woman Who Died In APC Rally Stampede / Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.