Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers (39874 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Senators Give 3 Conditions For Renominated Magus Confirmation / Allow Biafrans To Go, Britain Pleads After Confirming That Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers by Dannyset(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
Xano:

There is a difference between a President and Petroleum Minister. With Nigeria's example, anyone can be the President, but for Minister, it should be technical. You don't do 'on-the-job training' when you are a minister.

And he hasn't been one before?
Re: Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers by yesboss20(m): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dannyset:
Some Senators are so dumb that you wonder how they got their SSCE. How can you say you want to screen a person that has been screened by millions of Nigerians and has been deemed fit and qualified to preside over them? Can we now say we can equate PDP and Dumbness? Na wa oo! One thing am sure of is that no one of them can dare PMB.

I so love your comment. Sharp! These lawmakers can be really hilarious in their speeches.

1 Like

Re: Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers by Arsenalboi: 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
If the senators can keep to there words by following any pettition that is been submitted unbehalf of any nominee up to EFCC or ICPC,i think most of the nominees will meet Buhari telling him to remove his name,that he dont want to be minister.
Re: Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers by favourlove1: 6:30am On Oct 08, 2015
Dannyset:
Some Senators are so dumb that you wonder how they got their SSCE. How can you say you want to screen a person that has been screened by millions of Nigerians and has been deemed fit and qualified to preside over them? Can we now say we can equate PDP and Dumbness? Na wa oo! One thing am sure of is that no one of them can dare PMB.
which millions? Or for ur mind you tut that election that brought him in was free an fair? Whr jega n co conived to deprive over 30 milion from d south of their PVC? Abegi! Buhari isn't above d low make himself show as saraki show for cct. Come do him screening. Y him no head defence na oil him eye dey. So him go protect the northern interest in oil blocks n come here to tell me its only northerners who are qualified.
Re: Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers by mapet: 9:27am On Oct 10, 2015
modath:

I never claimed to be a pipeline engineer neither did I present myself as being oil & gas savvy, but I read (which 90% of Nigerians doneven bother to) & keep abreast of current trends & events, so using technical terms does not negate the question I asked you..

OPL OML jv assets, whatever you say, two things are well known..

1. The licences are only awarded to cronies of the government of the day & done in utmost secrecy. it never gets in the public domain till it becomes a source of controversy..

2.The list of oil block licenses we've seen are filled with majority northeners & until another is brought out to counter that, that is the official List...

There are crops of young & vibrant biz ppl who can assemble consortium of investors to bid on these licenses but for the naija factor of [/b]man know man & political patronage...[/b]

We are discussing corruption & fairness, you are the one making it a tribal issue...

Miss me with the bamboozle tactics, I am no wailer,I am only stating the obvious.. undecided

1. So to you being a pipeline engineer makes you oil and gas savvy? oh Gosh! no wonder you keep making flawed statements. Spare me the stress on you keeping abreast of trends and events. You're way off any trend in the Oil and Gas industry or business.
2. Saying that Oil licences are awarded to cronies of government is relative. That it never gets to the public domain is a flat lie. Naturally government of the day will award licences to those they are favourably disposed to. That's the practice everywhere in the world. That's why business men "befriend" government, be it oil and gas, or merchandize. So I see no point in you stating the obvious
3. That the Oil and Gas business are filled with majority of northerners is flat lie. Choose to hold on to this lie at your oil peril. All sides of the divide are participants in the industry. Senator Enang's submission is dubious, it had been faulted many times. If you claimed you read wide and kept abreast of trend, did you miss the below article?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/123588-the-north-does-not-control-nigerias-oil-blocks-by-toyin-akinosho.html

4. At this stage, I think you should stop sounding more ridiculous. Crop of young players in the Oil and Gas business today includes Jim Ovia, Fola Adeola, Tony Elumelu, Mofe Boyo, Wale Tinubu, Tonye Cole, Austin Avuru and many more that are not northerners.

5. You read all my submission and you think I am the one making it a tribal issue? Interesting......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lekki Shooting: S.O Bello Who ‘Ordered’ Shooting Rejects Lagos Panel’s Summon / President Buhari Received By French President, Macron In Elysee Palace (Photos) / Another Security Formation Attacked In Rivers State, Soldiers Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.