Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom (38237 Views)

Vincent Enyeama And Wife, Promise, Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Vincent Enyeama And His Wife, Promise Loved Up In New Photos / Vincent Enyeama And Wife In New Lovely Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by kannymoore(m): 4:21am On Oct 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
[b]Whether we performed well or not is not the issue. The issue is Oliseh supported an unfair move. The Atlanta '96 tourney would have propelled a great keeper. Without Oliseh's action, there would not have been an episode of Emmanuel abusing his seniors.

That was wicked and unfair. So I can not jump on the Oliseh bandwagon because I know he did it and can do it again.

Nonsense. Babayaro could have kept his emotions in check and bid his time but no..he decides to insult the coach and afterwards have a nondescript career and you blame it on oliseh

Asin..what kind of thinking is this? shocked

Mahn... I can't argue with you anymore. undecided

For real!!! shocked

During the AFCON 2013. The anchor of the show told Oliseh to wish Stephen Keshi Happy Birthday and Oliseh refused. The anchor pleaded but Oliseh refused. The anchor said I do not know what is going on with Oliseh and wished Keshi happy birthday.

I wondered what kind of man is this.

I do not agree with his stand but hey, it's his choice, his life. undecided

Enyeama is a legend of the Super Eagles. He deserves better. He is a broken man because he was one player that understood what it meant to wear the Super Eagles jersey. I wish Enyeama the best because he has dons enough to remain a legend forever in the hearts of Nigerians.[/b]

I agree.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:39am On Oct 08, 2015
You can see yourself. You can easily criticize Babayaro for losing his cool after Oliseh committed a terrible injustice against him but you can not say Oliseh is bad for being so wickets and unjust.

kannymoore:

Nonsense. Babayaro could have kept his emotions in check and bid his time but no..he decides to insult the coach and afterwards have a nondescript career and you blame it on oliseh

Asin..what kind of thinking is this? shocked

Mahn... I can't argue with you anymore. undecided

For real!!! shocked

I do not agree with his stand but hey, it's his choice, his life. undecided

I agree.

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by tpiander: 4:44am On Oct 08, 2015
no idea what's going on.

Is this a delta vs akwa ibom thing?
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by tpiander: 4:44am On Oct 08, 2015
joseph1013:
You all should read Oliseh's twitter timeline to see what transpired. Imagine Enyeama calling Oliseh "Albino" in the presence of the players.

is he an albino?
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Slankey: 4:53am On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
oya tell me, what characteristict does Ahmed Musa have as a leader? Is he vocal? Is he assertive? Has Ahmed Musa EVER challenged any refree's decision? Guy, no be the pesin wey sabi book pass dey win SUG President, forget playing time, Ahmed Musa is NOT a leader, he's weak

This just shows your knowledge of football. So age and challenging of referees are the characteristics of a good captain? It's either you have been paid to write this or you are just a partisan to the game of football. Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by kannymoore(m): 4:57am On Oct 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
You can see yourself. You can easily criticize Babayaro for losing his cool after Oliseh committed a terrible injustice against him but you can not say Oliseh is bad for being so wickets and unjust.

What the Heck is wrong with you Sir?

Oliseh "terrible injustice...wicked and unjust"

READ AN EXCERPT OF WHAT YOU POSTED YOURSELF!!!!..

"...I am not going to lie to you, I started insulting him. I told him to go to hell. Tijani Babangida got wind of what happened and he said it was for team interest. He was privy to what was happening. [size=20pt]I called Dosu to my room and told him, “I want you to know that I will never hate you and undermine you in any way. I want you to know that I am human but my anger won’t be directed at you but Bonfrere. If I were in your shoes, I will take the chance too but I have everything against the coach.” He was okay with my explanation and we sat together after every game to analyse his performance. He told me to help him out in areas of improvement....."[/size]

Who exacly was Babayaro blaming for his downfall?.. was it Oliseh or Bonfere jo??

Asin??.. Why do you Reason this way??.. for real?!!!!!!!!

This is really getting tiring. Wahllai!

I'm done.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by davspog2(m): 5:19am On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
how can you mention Messi and Musa in the same sentence undecided? And all of you shouting "let them go" as if you have a bunch of De Geas, Lewandoskis and Neymars just waiting to take over
lol....just bringing to your notice why your supposed weakness of musa is not an issue and no we don't have the likes of de geas and the lewandoskis! But do we have world class players at all! Everyone of them is just an average player, so if a bunch of average players wants to go, would we miss them?
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by bigtt76(f): 6:21am On Oct 08, 2015
Don't never liked that Oliseh guy one bit. When he was made captain of SE back then, I thought it was unusual because there were other better leaders there than him. But then it was done to gag the team and it failed. Now he (Oliseh) has don the same thing over Enyeama by giving Ahmed the captain band thinking he's gagging the team. That too will fail.

I wonder if Oliseh do not deem it fit asking his former colleagues for directions. Fight Enyeama who has more World Cup experience than Oliseh I think is wrong because you need someone on the team to encourage the up and coming players. Sad shaaa

safarigirl:
First off, I want all Nigerians to forget about qualifying for AFCON 2017, it won't happen with this rift.

Oliseh was wrong on all counts in this rift. The last player you should ever attack is the pillar of the team, the head capo, ask Didier Deschamps what Anelka did to him. Why pick on Enyeama? Enyeama has loyalists in that team that can and will rebel against Oliseh until he loses that job and they prove he was never meant to be a coach. Oliseh is displaying an arrogance he hasn't earned considering he's won nothing of note as SE coach.

And making Musa captain? Who will take orders from Musa? Is it Mikel, Emenike or the ousted Enyeama? Does Musa look like a leader? Apart from his scrawny nature, how old is he? Someone who can't even speak up when he's wronged, how will he speak on behalf of his team mates?

The only place Oliseh's myopic decisions will take he and that team is down. I just want him out ASAP cuz he's apparently not The Chosen One to bring sanity to our football.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Psalhadeen: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
First off, I want all Nigerians to forget about qualifying for AFCON 2017, it won't happen with this rift.

Oliseh was wrong on all counts in this rift. The last player you should ever attack is the pillar of the team, the head capo, ask Didier Deschamps what Anelka did to him. Why pick on Enyeama? Enyeama has loyalists in that team that can and will rebel against Oliseh until he loses that job and they prove he was never meant to be a coach. Oliseh is displaying an arrogance he hasn't earned considering he's won nothing of note as SE coach.

And making Musa captain? Who will take orders from Musa? Is it Mikel, Emenike or the ousted Enyeama? Does Musa look like a leader? Apart from his scrawny nature, how old is he? Someone who can't even speak up when he's wronged, how will he speak on behalf of his team mates?

The only place Oliseh's myopic decisions will take he and that team is down. I just want him out ASAP cuz he's apparently not The Chosen One to bring sanity to our football.

Talking abt d team of d future Musa is d best man for d job(skipper) as those players u mentioned are already getting tired.
As for Oliseh,he is walking d path of Westerhof of wic l believe he is going to succeed.l see a messiah spirit in him that is d will to succeed.
I see Musa as d skipper winning tins dt has eluded d S.Eagles for a longtime.For Naija football not to die let us do d rite thing.NOW! is d tym to ACT!
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:56am On Oct 08, 2015
Hahaha............

"Actually" Miss, I'm not.

It's a no-brainer............ *smiles*

horexy:

Wow...such a long comment!
U must be a journalist angry

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by steveben7(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:

It is obvious u nt a fan of oliseh, who chooses d captain of a team d coach it has happen in brazil wen dey took d captain 4rm tiago silva and gave it to neymar it also happened in Argentina. I rmbered vividly hw oliseh defended enyeama wen he had issues wit d NFF about d choice of venue 4 a macth in kaduna wen keshi ws stil d coach of SE, even after oliseh ws named coach enyeama ws one of d very first player he visited in der club I tink he has respected d player enuf d coach deserve respect 4rm his players enyeama has ego with or without him Oliseh will succed as Eagels coach
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by mpowa(m): 7:30am On Oct 08, 2015
I don't support the manner Oliseh went about the change in the captaincy, I thought he should have managed it better, communicate properly with Enyeama, especially since he was just bereaved.

But I totally disagree with this poster suggesting that Musa cannot make a good captain, he has what it takes, he's Nigeria's best player now, nobody can contend that, he's about the most committed senior player, he can inspire others on the field to play better, and No, we don't need a fighter for captaincy and we don't have any senior player who's so good we cant do without.

What I love about Oliseh's style as opposed to our wonderful Keshi is, he puts merits before sentiments, some are suggesting Mikel Obi, based on what exactly? Mikel should be thankful he was called up, you can't just choose based on age or years spent in the national team, he has to choose the most consistent, successful and disciplined senior player.

I hope Oliseh succeeds, we need to stop the era of politicking with the national team and get down to business, like I said I don't agree with the way he treated Enyeama, but I don't think Musa is a bad choice.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Richhard(m): 7:46am On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:

Absurd, do you know what caused the rift? Before coming to conclusions

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 08, 2015
Richhard:

Absurd, do you know what caused the rift? Before coming to conclusions

My guy no mind that lady. A woman will always be a woman! Shay truth don dey come out small small. Even players in camp are saying the coach was completely right!

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by akatekpe(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2015
adeyemi2015:
There is something I deduced from the post; Dunga gets it wrong for stripping Silva of Captaincy and replacing him with "a small kid" Neymar
Ahmed Musa is very committed and disciplined. He's regular for his Club, and playing Champions League. Besides I've never read or watched a News where he declined the invitation or failed to report to the Camp!
Nigerians and sentiment are inseparable!!!
And what did you deduce from Brazil' COPA America outing with the little Kid Neymar being Captain? Did you see any leadership quality in him?
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by freecocoa(f): 8:46am On Oct 08, 2015
kannymoore:

I understand where you're coming. From yet, there's also a reason why you're professional footballer.

Mikel's Dad was kidnapped yet it didn't stop him from turning out in chelsea's colors In a match he performed creditably well too.

The whole carade actually boled down a breakdown in communication between Enyeama and the Coach.

Nothing stopped Enyeama from intimating Oliseh about his late arrival to camp. Personally, I wouldn't have planned the burial so close to an International match I intended to honor. I mean, why didn't I not plan it on any other weekend with permission from Lille afterall Lille pays my bills or don't they?
In another vein, after te furneral service on Friday, and also aving it in mind to beat te Monday deadline, I would have shunned the thanksgiving service on Sunday and reported to camp immediately after the Furneral service...Afterall, my absence will not be too missed by my family especially if I have siblings to stand in for me.

Did you bother to read what you wrote before posting it?
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by metorichmond(m): 8:57am On Oct 08, 2015
Bros e be like say u just buy new dictionary cos na so so Grammer u just d speak so ooo.
blueto:
Oliseh is depicting obvious reasons why I should lose my respect and deference for Him.
You just got appointed as a manager to the team and the next move is to make a despicable and judicable impact to the team with a motive of forstering discordance amongst the players by retracting Enyeama's skipperhood. it is highly impertinent of you Oliseh to execute such vituperative act.

A player who has shown an absolute fidelity over the years to the team. He has proven to be resilient in the midst of tribulation. is this how you repay him?
This preposterous treatment is highly minacious of you Oliseh against someone that deserves a solace.

Even if Enyeama had a defect, I still opine that this action of retribution is not worth it.

With this act, Failure to qualify Nigeria for Afcon might yeild an ominous career results for you Oliseh.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by kannymoore(m): 9:08am On Oct 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Did you bother to read what you wrote before posting it?

Thanks missy..lol.. keypad was acting up. I'll edit the comment shortly.

Edit:
I've made amendments where necessary ma'am. Thanks for bringing the errors to light.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Goke7: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2015
chinchum:
I doubt if anybody forced him,he may have invited him because he felt he still had something to offer the team. Enyeama could still have been a part of the team and not be the captain, it is the prerogative of the team coach to pick the team captain, oliseh exercised that right. It is outrightly disrespectfully for Enyeama to challenge that decision openly and aggresively.

History has shown that in the Nigerian team, the nff in consultations with the coach choose the captain, it was only when Oliseh became captain that it was done by votes from the players that is why Oliseh won ahead of Okocha who was his senior. Oliseh is bringing a bad precedence in our national team and everyone is supporting him. If keshi had done this, he would have been murdered in the media.

Anyway like i said somewhere, i am waiting for our match against Egypt in cairo next year, that is when i will know whether Oliseh is a coach or not. all this gra gra is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by fejikudz(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2015
chrisxxx:
Hey! This world is full of irony! Oliseh of all persons talking of indiscipline. Nawaooooo. Just as former PDP members in APC would also talk of corruption.
My brother, me sef dey surprised oh.
oliseh of all people
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by RexTramadol1: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2015
joseph1013:
[b]If the reports I am getting from camp is anything to go by, then Enyeama was clearly in the wrong.

Trouble started when they had a meeting after the Tuesday training session, which Enyeama did not participate in because he was busy talking with a member of the crew eventhough he knew that only Carl Ikeme is the goalkeeper available. So Oliseh called a meeting and said he'd like Ahmed Musa to captain the team for the Congo clash. That was where trouble erupted. Enyeama would have none of that. He stood up in front of everyone and was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa. Enyeama was even fighting for Mikel, most senior player in the team to be captain for friendlies not Musa when it became obvious that he would not be playing.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

Why should Enyeama not accept the verdict of the coach? Hell was not let loose when Neymar replaced Silva as captain of Brazil. There was no arguments with the coach when Mascherano was replaced by Messi as Captain. What right has Enyeama got to oppose his coach? Anywhere in the world once a new coach takes over he decides who will be his captain, that's standard, if he does not choose you, then you have to sempe. Super Eagles is not your father's property.

Ahmed Musa will captain the Eagles just for the game VS Congo DR ironically Enyeama won't play that game so why was he causing trouble.

Enyeama was quoted to have made alot of caustic statements.

Enyeama said this words "Who is Oliseh?" So Oliseh sent him out of camp to show him who the boss is.

Enyeama told Oliseh what have you done that I have not done for the Super Eagles, what did you win that have not won,who are you? #Crazy

Enyeama told Oliseh how long were you in the national team? This is my 13th year you can't come in here and start misbehaving #Crazy

Anyone supporting Enyeama on this issue is supporting indiscipline. NFF on their part overruled Sunday Oliseh,what message are they passing by undermining the manager's authority?

And no, Enyeama did not apologize to Oliseh. He even went on instagram to say that Oliseh insulted his mother, something that never happened. Dude is very childish.

NOTE: I have my sources in the Eagles and it all points to the fact that Enyeama was clearly in the wrong.

GOODNEWS: Wilfred Ndidi & Kingsley Madu join Alampasu as players called up to @NGSuperEagles ahead of games VS Congo Dr & Cameroun as replacements[/b]

Damn! Enyeama is absolutely right

Who is Oliseh? A coach with just one point against Tanzania

Alampasu and co, that got me cracking!

Enyeama still remains the best player in that team

Whether you like it or you don't!

Remember Berti Vogts benching Enyeama

See the disaster that followed!

Oliseh is just too benighted!

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by omonnakoda: 10:48am On Oct 08, 2015
Goke7:

History has shown that in the Nigerian team, the nff in consultations with the coach choose the captain, it was only when Oliseh became captain that it was done by votes from the players that is why Oliseh won ahead of Okocha who was his senior. Oliseh is bringing a bad precedence in our national team and everyone is supporting him. If keshi had done this, he would have been murdered in the media.

Anyway like i said somewhere, i am waiting for our match against Egypt in cairo next year, that is when i will know whether Oliseh is a coach or not. all this gra gra is irrelevant
Okocha was Oliseh's Senior? Really?

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by INFOTECH2: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
oya tell me, what characteristict does Ahmed Musa have as a leader? Is he vocal? Is he assertive? Has Ahmed Musa EVER challenged any refree's decision? Guy, no be the pesin wey sabi book pass dey win SUG President, forget playing time, Ahmed Musa is NOT a leader, he's weak

Few people are born leaders. Other learn leadership but it's the application that truly matters.I believe Oliseh needs to handle his approach but I will not write off Musa before he even starts. This might just be the push he needs to show his leadership traits.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2015
akatekpe:
And what did you deduce from Brazil' COPA America outing with the little Kid Neymar being Captain? Did you see any leadership quality in him?
Does he possess the quality? To some folks he does?! Then if he's said to have the quality, why are they against the selection of Ahmed Musa?! They are both 22yrs of age, experienced and influential Players are sacrificed for them to be Leaders of their respective Teams.
Brazil is looking at the future, and they are assembling young Lads for the National Team, the same goes with Oliseh's philosophy. IMO he's building a future Team for the Country, thus a committed young Lad in needed to spearhead the mission.
Enyeama is already talking retirement, hence his commitment isn't as solid as it was before. His recent actions could justify it.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=kannymoore post=38770369][/quote]maybe you misread that. I meant that Oliseh has won nothing of note yet AS A COACH. Anybody can play, but coaching is not for everyone
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
vfactor:

My guy no mind that lady. A woman will always be a woman! Shay truth don dey come out small small. Even players in camp are saying the coach was completely right!
you're an eediot for making such a comment. Didn't you see the men that supported me? Are they also women? Chauvinistic cvnt. All these fools that put down women to prove that they're men. How many women in this world are you better than? Ask about me here, you never see my back for football and you want to come and talk where I am. Misogynistic cretin.
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by robosky02(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
you're an eediot for making such a comment. Didn't you see the men that supported me? Are they also women? Chauvinistic cvnt. All these fools that put down women to prove that they're men. How many women in this world are you better than? Ask about me here, you never see my back for football and you want to come and talk where I am. Misogynistic cretin.

na who be that..........

they are watching your back any fim... we will.........
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by ddeola: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh at it again. They messed up the team with their caucus thingy and was shown the way out of the team when he insulted the then late sports minister Ishaya Mark Aku. Now, he cannot hold it together again insulting the captain's mum.

Oliseh needs to be careful and thread softly.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by bobojoshua(m): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
There seem to be about 3 different variables to the "story" of what actually took place.

But One thing is certain. OLISEH DID NOT APPLY WISDOM AS REGARDS THE APPOINTMENT OF A NEW CAPTAIN.

He was too much in a hurry to announce Musa captain but he forgot some of the laws of power.

Before that "unwise announcement" Enyeama was "substantive" captain. The report from Vfactor does not include the fact that there was 'actually' some kind of 'election' before Enyeama hit camp and Musa was elected ahead of Mikel. How that happened still beats me.

Oliseh would have "waited" till he had a "tete-a-tete" with Enyeama. He should have given Enyeama that "respect". ENYEAMA WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO FIND OUT IN PUBLIC......... THAT WAS ENOUGH HUMILIATION. THAT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliseh should have called Enyeama into his room, sat him down, asked how the burial went, say he's really sorry about his loss, and then go on to gradually "break the news" of his plan to make Musa captain and tell him why. He could even ask Enyeama to please express his thoughts and they would be having a long conversation with Oliseh chipping in how much he appreciates Enyeama's achievements and "unquestionable" loyalty (COME ON!!!!! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A GK WHO WON THE AFCON AS "SKIPPER" BUT ALLOWED THE "ACTUAL" SKIPPER, YOBO LIFT THE CUP...... WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE?). Oliseh would assure him he still remains "Nigeria's no.1" but must have the future in mind.

BUT DID OLISEH DO ALL THESE?? NO WAY!!!! HE JUST HAD TO RUSH IT AND LIKE SAFARIGIRL SAYS, "THE TEAM MIGHT HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE BY MISSING THE AFCON, AND WAITING FOR RUSSIA 2018......."

I like Oliseh just as I liked Keshi despite all the flaws BUT LET TRUTH BE TOLD........ OLISEH MESSED UP BIG TIME!!!!!!!

On whether Musa makes a good captain, I'll say making him captain is "NOT REALLY MY PROBLEM". My problem is the "Followership", "The cabal".

Safarigirl has a point, you need someone assertive and influential.

But Vfactor also has a point, "size determines not leadership".

BUT TO PUT YOUR POINTS TOGETHER, let me tell u a short story.

When I was 15yrs I was appointed Assistant-head boy (elect) in S.S 2.
Boyyyyy!!!!! I was "small in size" (I'm 5ft 11inches now oooo.... Abeg! No even think am o *smiles*).

I had the intelligence and genius that goes with so high a position but I also had "guts". During the interview, the Vice-principal (academics) and Vice-principal (admin.) Said this, "Son, you're the smallest but obviously one of the top 3 smartest of all 5-7 candidates, with your SIZE do you think you can command such authority?"

I said, "Sir and ma, Leadership is never about size. But about heart and I believe that I possess the charisma to lead. I didn't nominate myself. Others did because they know what I've got"

Unknown to me, they've carried out private research and found out that I've been "class captain" from Jss1-Jss2 and SS1-SS2. They were impressed with their findings despite "my small stature".

Note: I was not supposed to be made either head boy or Asst.head boy based on size. Goodness me!!!! The others were "big".

Final verdict: I was eventually made Asst. Head boy despite my size (but thanks to my class influence, assertiveness with colleagues as noticed in the school's findings, Intelligence and more)..... BUT "I WAS TOLD PRIVATELY" by one of the officials that I would have been made "head boy" but for my size....................
Was I sad? No way!!! I UNDERSTOOD.... On one hand my size was ignored but on another, it became my bane. BUT ON THE WHOLE, MY LEADERSHIP QUALITIES SHONE THROUGH TO GET ME PICKED AHEAD OF 3-5 OTHER "BIG GUYS".

So in Musa's case, leadership goes beyond loyalty to coaches. Leadership requires you being able to inspire others, to lift your team off the ground when they're struggling, assertiveness, massive influence, an ability to strike some kind of fear in the opponents (Okocha, kanu, oliseh, keshi, christian Chukwu, Yobo, and lately Enyeama were intimidating figures not really because of size but because they were "highly" respected in their positions) and much more.

Musa is respected but "how highly is he rated" by our opponents or how seriously is he taken by them?

I like Musa but I think It's kinda weird making him captain. But hey!!! It was kinda weird making me "Asst.Head boy" too. Mehnnn!!!! U needed to see me then. But I did just great and left as one of the school's most outstanding prefects till date. *Big Smiles*

Maybe as weird as Musa's appointment as captain is, THIS MAY TRIGGER A NEW DIMENSION IN MUSA'S GAME AND CONFIDENCE IN BIG MATCHES. WHO KNOWS? After all, it's said that with great power comes great responsibilities.

IN CONCLUSION, OLISEH WENT ABOUT THINGS THE WRONG WAY.......... THERE'S OBVIOUSLY STILL SOME BAD BLOOD IN THE TEAM AND I HOPE WE DON'T PAY THE PRICE WITH ANOTHER AFCON MISS.
Safarigirl's points may not go down well with some but I think it's because she's looking at the "Big picture"...... THE AFCON AND THE WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

LET'S HOPE THIS BAD BLOOD DOESN'T LAST LONG IN THE "SUPER EAGLES".........

Oliseh should have known better..........
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:

You just proved it by insulting me. Hahahaha.... You re a woman and you should be proud of it. You ain't a man and can never be a man. You re more emotional than rational. It doesn't mean u re inferior Or less intelligent. It only means that if you meet me outside this thread on another thread, you will bring your previous disdain for me into the matter. The same way you did for Ahmed Musa and Sunday Oliseh.

And by the way, men will also be men: supporting a woman whether she's right or wrong, especially one they like, whether for her intelligence or for her beauty.

So my sister, u were just as predictable as I predicted. Hehehe. And to think you are a psychologist!

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by otodeluxe(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
I hope Oliseh is happy now that Enyeama has retired. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by mikolo80: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
so Sunday knows Musa abi? You people know nothing of psychology, if you did, you wouldn't make such ignorant comments. You're confusing being assertive for arrogance, learn the difference. Musa isn't a leader, he doesn't have characteristics of one. If you spend more time broadening your knowledge, you wouldn't have to spend a moment with someone to read him
challenging ref only leads to red card. how is that leadership

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Is The First Manager To Win UCL, Europa & Conference League / Mikel Obi And His Daughter Kiss In Adorable Photo / Lovely New Photos Of Amara Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.