Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,926 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles (49591 Views)

The Yobo's & The Enyeama's Step Out For Church. / NFF Apologises To Nigerians, Explains Relationship With Oliseh / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Classickid(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
Akbee:
Shut up there or u will have to hang your boot both at the club and international level.football will still be played in every nook and cranny of the world.
Mr Oliseh might have bn wrong there but lets not be oblivious of the fact that he is the head coach of the national team which Enyeama happens to be the shot-stooper.The boss has the final say bros Enyeama.
I never knew the once humbled Enyeama could be this arrogant and still have the gusts to make it known publicly.
Gerhaway you are speaking rubbish, even a small child that av brain won't be one-sided.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by nigerianvenom(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
anishe:
This Sunday Oliseh is a slowpoke. Somebody came to camp and you are forming the Boss, what were you known for during your playing days?

Yeye Coach.

He was the most arrogant player in the super eagles

4 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by 400billionman: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
orobs93:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/enyeama-explains-row-with-oliseh-may-quit-eagles/

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama has expressed his displeasure over his row with the coach of the team, Sunday Oliseh.
The player spoke with Colin Udoh of ESPN FC
“I was surprised,” Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. “So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.
“I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team.”
“There has been a lot of incidents these last few months,” he said. “I don’t need it, the team does not need it, so maybe the best thing might be to step aside in the interest of the country so that the team can focus on football instead of distractions.”
Enyeama arrived at the Nigeria camp on Tuesday, one day after Monday’s deadline, after attending his mother’s funeral over the weekend in his home town.
According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain’s late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.

CC:lalasticala

Oliseh must be a sadist..
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by cecegorz(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
I just can't understand what the issue with Oliseh and Enyeama is.
When Enyeama lost her mother at the peak of the preparation for a match last month, Oliseh reported in a press conference that the dude didn't tell him the reason for not showing up, later we heard it was the guy's mother that was late. Is it possible that Enyeama did not call up his Coach to inform him of such a loss?
This time around, the burial was just this weekend and camp was supposed to start on Monday? Didn't the Coach/NFF/home based Eagles attend the burial?
How possible was it for anybody to finish his Mother's burial on the weekend and rush to football camp the next monday on a right frame of mind?
I see lack of effective communication as the basis for these unnecessary dramas. Oliseh too should show more empathy as he is not running a military camp.

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by bbjummy: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
Bring back the only naija keeper I know after Peter Rufai

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by 247notire(m): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
If it happened as narrated by Enyeama, then Oliseh is an insensitive inconsiderate boss. A poor manager of emotions and human resource. At this rate he will soon send more than half of the whole team away for one rubbish or the other. I think it was a power tussle anyway. Olisehia wud be the ultimate loser though. Someone that just buried his mom and ur forming Van Gaal. Werey.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by mowah: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
This oliseh na mad man, and mad men don't bring out good results, that was why we went to slap his teammate in 2002, well I really blame nff for this because, I think oliseh is not qualified for this job, him analyzing football on super sport doesn't mean he can manage a whole national team like the super eagles. I think keshi remains a better coach, in conclusion, I think oliseh can't make it with this team
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Rexnegro(m): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Martins301:
#BringBackENYEAMA simple. This Oliseh is too rigid.
Cc- lalasticlala
Yes we need such a rigid and respectful coach in nigeria not someone who allow and welcome unprofessional attitudes from the players and yet expect the player to respect him ? Bro if enyeama no want play again he should leave ....the greatest footballer ever which is messi left his wife in labour to play for barca even when barca gave permission to leave , how much more enyeama doing shakara to 170millions nigerians....bro see professionalisms don't comes with excuses whatsoever....tho rip to his mother.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by effty(m): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Where is the arrogance der?
Akbee:
Shut up there cos if u decide to hang your boot both at the club and international level,football will still be played in every nook and cranny of the world.infact the sports will even become more popular than ever.
Mr Oliseh might have bn wrong there but lets not be oblivious of the fact that he is the head coach of the national team which Enyeama happens to be the shot-stooper.The boss has the final say bros Enyeama n ur just a follower.
I never knew the once humbled Enyeama could be this arrogant and still have the gusts to make it known publicly.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by ITUNUTG: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
OLISEH SHOULD TAKE IT EASY WITH ENYEAMA
THE GUY IS COOL HEADED UNLIKE SOME OTHERS
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Rastamann: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Revealed! Real Story Behind Oliseh, Enyeama Clash In Belgium

7 Oct 2015 Headlines, Top Stories

EXCLUSIVE By Johnny Edward:

Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report today the real story behind the clash between Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh and (former) captain Vincent Enyeama on Tuesday night.

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/revealed-real-story-behind-oliseh-enyeama-clash-in-belgium/
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
qx
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by lekkipropertyy: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
thank God oliseh is not a Yoruba or Hausa man... it would be another story by now.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Tamakay(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oliseh acting like Samson Sisia. Rigid and arrogant

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Kulas: 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
Make thunder fire Oliseh head.Enyeama na fans favourite,na our man.#bringbackenyeama.Stu.p.i.d Oliseh
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by menix(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
No wonder Oliseh have been denied to coach Super fowls over the years, the guy is too Rigid.

Thou Enyeama should know u don't challenge ur Boss even if u earn more than him.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by marnboy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
Akbee:
Shut up there cos if u decide to hang your boot both at the club and international level,football will still be played in every nook and cranny of the world.infact the sports will even become more popular than ever.
Mr Oliseh might have bn wrong there but lets not be oblivious of the fact that he is the head coach of the national team which Enyeama happens to be the shot-stooper.The boss has the final say bros Enyeama n ur just a follower.

so what if he is the boss? Remember siasia tow the same line right! Boss my foot! Enyeama is no longer a man abi?
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by sylva1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vincent Enyeama is just returning from burrying his late mother, can't Oliseh just understand what it means to loose one's mum

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Ossyego: 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oliseh can't lead us to any where olive his most stubborn player in this own time u people should grow up u don't have pity the mum die play for nija than the mum burly where is Sam oparaji today praying for nija oliseh u can't last here as couch u put pride and u are going know where iyama is better and more important than u
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by HzRF(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Akbee:
This one Don craze
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by MadCow1: 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good Riddance..

When the team Manager says "Be quiet", shut the fhuck up!

If Enyeamas being in the team would affect team cohesion, then he can leave.

I fully support Oliseh to build his team to his taste. Hopefully it works out well and if it doesn't, he takes full responsibility for that.

God Bless Enyeamas

God Bless Oliseh

God Bless the Super Eagles of Africa.

God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by mpdaminstrel: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=strawb post=38752386]I don't know when their bieffing started but I will advice keshi to sort things out with him cost if our captain no dey our goal post, every goal scored in our post will push Oliseh closer to the door leading to sack.

Pls two if you shld make peace for the benefits if Nigerians[/quote

Which keshi
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
serious!
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Oluwaruth: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
Akbee:

To me, he's not arrogant. The guy just buried his mum the saturday before and i'm suure he wouldn'tt have been ablle to do anythhing even of hee had arrived camp onn the said monday. Oliseh should cut him some slack. Afterall he had his issues too when he was on the team and everyon knows he has attitidunal issues too. Like a friend said, leeadership is earned and not enforced.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
A player goes for his mum's burial, still patriotic enough to come to camp a day after camp resumes. His coach never bothered to call to commiserate with him on his Mum's loss, he never gets a chance to explain his side, was walked out by security men.

Think about it, what would you do if it were you.

So wrong, Oliseh. There are better approach to cautioning a player at such level.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oliseh!!! Fear God oooooo..... if na your mama die and u come bury am on Saturday, I no say u no go even show face for 6months. Let's put ourselves in enyeama's shoes. If I was the one, I will be away for one month. When Rio ferdinard's wife died, qpr gave him a long break. Why can't we value enyeama . He has been dedicated and committed to the super eagles. And the dude is very humble with charisma. I have nothing against musa But oliseh didn't handle enyeama well

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Fxwarrior: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
exxell:
Super Eagles without Enyeama is like America without CIA or FBI. Very dysyfunctional and prone to enemy attacks.

But why is it that indigenous coaches are always having problems with our players?

Our native coaches are authoritarian. They exercise extreme authority. To listen to player na wahala.

Their attitude is , "what does he even have to say"?

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by 400billionman: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Akbee:

Yinmu !
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by MadCow1: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rastamann:
Revealed! Real Story Behind Oliseh, Enyeama Clash In Belgium

7 Oct 2015 Headlines, Top Stories

EXCLUSIVE By Johnny Edward:

Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report today the real story behind the clash between Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh and (former) captain Vincent Enyeama on Tuesday night.

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/revealed-real-story-behind-oliseh-enyeama-clash-in-belgium/

This sounds more realistic to me.

Oliseh that I met in person does not appear to be a Mad man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Jdtester: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
drnelson:
I smell [size=28pt]TRIBALISM[/size]

You're a fool who don't know the meaning of tribalism. Both Oliseh and Enyeama is from the south-south geo-poltical zone. As far as Musa is concerned, both enyeama and oliseh are brothers.

You think you can just paint you're baised racial rubbish on all topics. angry

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by ayoola648(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
Akbee:

bros abeg are you a Nigerian ?
cuz u sound like a Togolese or someone from Congo ..

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by MadCow1: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
valacious:
A player goes for his mum's burial, still patriotic enough to come to camp a day after camp resumes. His coach never bothered to call to commiserate with him on his Mum's loss, he never gets a chance to explain his side, was walked out by security men.

Think about it, what would you do if it were you.

So wrong, Oliseh. There are better approach to cautioning a player at such level.

Read the Complete sport story and repost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EPL: Arsenal Put Six Players Up For Sale [full List] / Ronaldo Slammed For Walking Out On Allegri While Addressing Juventus Players / Football Matches Today Visit Www.1960bet.ng/odds/registration/affiliate40498

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.