Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 (11205 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? / UBER Driving: Analyzing The Pros And The Cons, All You Need To Know / Pros And Cons Of Mercedes C230 And C240 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by davle1: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
please I will like to know some of the advantages and disadvantages of lexus rx 300

Please what is the effect of Nigeria petrol on the car
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:48am On Oct 08, 2015
davle1:
please I will like to know some of the advantages and disadvantages of lexus rx 300

We import most of our fuel so you are safe grin

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by fanex: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2015
Do you petrol PMS should be pink-ish in colour? have you ever seen pink petrol in Nigeria?

now you have an answer to your question.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by chucky234(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
The leather seats are bad news, aside that RX300 is a good car.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by davle1: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
fanex:
Do you petrol PMS should be pink-ish in colour? have you ever seen pink petrol in Nigeria?
now you have an answer to your question.

I can't understand what mean
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by tonie123: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Between an RX300 and toyota corolla 2006 model? Which is better in terms of efficiency, cost of maintenance, fuel consumption, luxury (comfort) and second hand value?
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
tonie123:
Between an RX300 and toyota corolla 2006 model? Which is better in terms of efficiency, cost of maintenance, fuel consumption, luxury (comfort) and second hand value?

A bicycle angry

8 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by tonie123: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

A bicycle angry

No sir, car!
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by defhenry(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
grin grin grin grin
GAZZUZZ:

A bicycle angry
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by abatically(m): 1:19am On Oct 09, 2015
tonie123:

See question.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by lonelydora: 3:52am On Oct 09, 2015
tonie123:

You can't compare a man and a boy.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by kingreign(m): 4:46am On Oct 09, 2015
chucky234:
The leather seats are bad news, aside that RX300 is a good car.

Leather seats are good. Intact, genuine leather.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by kingreign(m): 4:47am On Oct 09, 2015
davle1:

I taya for this question..... cry
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by chucky234(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
kingreign:

Leather seats are good. Intact, genuine leather.
the leather will crack in no time, tell him the truth oooo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by jesussaves22: 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

A bicycle angry
Funny question and funny answer..... Nawa ooo chief gazzuzz
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by nigeriancuban: 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
lonelydora:

You can't compare a man and a boy.
but they both have d**k,lol

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by nigeriancuban: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
well far as I know that ride is for poor folks who wanna get on the SUV leaque

3 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by auhanson(m): 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
Broken down transmission , often occurrence over here. Poor handling as well.

Advantage: Raised camry
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by kingreign(m): 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
nigeriancuban:

defend the rationale behind this statement pls

5 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by kingreign(m): 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
auhanson:
Broken down transmission , often occurrence over here. Poor handling as well.

Advantage: Raised camry

@ bolded, thats a cheap deceitful, a huge fat lie. Aisin warner a toyota company make one of the best transmissions which are warrantied for 100,000miles however, last till 300,000miles and its in that lexus. Any guy whose lexus transmission goes kaput should NOT blame lexus but himself/mechanic for junking their tranny. The lexus transmissions arent like honda or nissan's transmission, they're better. Infact in one of peugeots car, they use a aisin tranny, thats one of the best auto gearbox in any peugeot.
@ auhansen, i know you dislike anything toyota, but stop giving off cheap deceitful propaganda about toyota/lexus.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by kingreign(m): 11:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
chucky234:
the leather will crack in no time, tell him the truth oooo.

stop lying, it doesnt help.

A car used abroad for 15-17 years (lexus started rx300 in '97) and it didnt develop any tear over there, only for it to come to Nigeria, 1-3 years later and develop tear should tell you its the Nigerian owner's fault.

3 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by auhanson(m): 5:48am On Oct 11, 2015
kingreign:

@ bolded, thats a cheap deceitful, a huge fat lie. Aisin warner a toyota company make one of the best transmissions which are warrantied for 100,000miles however, last till 300,000miles and its in that lexus. Any guy whose lexus transmission goes kaput should NOT blame lexus but himself/mechanic for junking their tranny. The lexus transmissions arent like honda or nissan's transmission, they're better. Infact in one of peugeots car, they use a aisin tranny, thats one of the best auto gearbox in any peugeot.
@ auhansen, i know you dislike anything toyota, but stop giving off cheap deceitful propaganda about toyota/lexus.

Do you own one? You are giving the usual Toyota fanatic thesis.

Ask those who own it, how they suffer from transmission failures in Nigeria, perhaps, before you bought them they may have outlive their useful life, even the second second transmission you bought from spare-part shops. Go to mechanic garages(that is not far fetch) and confirm things for yourself , then come back and tell me that...

When you see me state things , i state from experience, not because i hate something..sometimes , truth may be a bitter pill to swallow by Toyota fan boys like you.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by nurey(m): 7:11am On Oct 11, 2015
auhanson:

Ask those who own it, how they suffer from transmission failures in Nigeria, perhaps, before you bought them they may have outlive their useful life, even the second second transmission you bought from spare-part shops. Go to mechanic garages(that is not far fetch) and confirm things for yourself , then come back and tell me that...

When you see me state things , i state from experience, not because i hate something..sometimes , truth may be a bitter pill to swallow by Toyota fan boys like you.

As much as I have never driven or owned a Lexus Rx300, I think you are not stating the facts right. The lexus Rx300 is a solid ride and the trasmission is not even a problem to the car. The problem with the car is that the owner himself/herself don't want to know anything about cars hence pour garbage in the engine and transmission. The Rx300 is by far one of the most reliable CUV one can buy with zero headaches only that it looks old some how.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Oct 11, 2015
auhanson:

Fact: I've owned a lemon Toyota carina ii auto (sold) only thing I've not changed in that vehicle was gearbox and engine.
Fact: I own a lexus RX330,
Fact I own a Toyota highlander,
Fact: my aunt drives a lexus RX300
Fact: my parents used Toyotas most of the times
Fact: my uncle own toyotas

Fact: None of them have suffered transmission palava despite using abro or dextron, I was the one who stopped them from using such fluids and helped them use right fluids for their vehicles. Yet the vehicles still carried on fine.
Fact: I am lomomike and I've been a DIY guy for at least 7years
Fact: through out this month, I've worked on more than 40 vehicles, only one Rav4 came with transmission solenoid issue which I told the owner yet he refused to coorporate and I left him.
Fact: I work on vehicles, I troubleshoot and repair vehicles in a workshop/garage and that makes me an auto technician.

Now you, yes you, have you ever owned or work on a Toyota product?

10 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2015
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by kingreign(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
grin grin

grin grin he need to answer the question na
Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by abatically(m): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2015
nigeriancuban:

Poor folks u say? Last time I checked it is still more expensive than rav 4, crv, pathfinder, xterra, highlander, 4 runner, Mercedes Benz ML of the same year.

10 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by dazekid(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2015
kingreign:

Fact: I've owned a lemon Toyota carina ii auto (sold) only thing I've not changed in that vehicle was gearbox and engine.
Fact: I own a lexus RX330,
Fact I own a Toyota highlander,
Fact: my aunt drives a lexus RX300
Fact: my parents used Toyotas most of the times
Fact: my uncle own toyotas

Fact: None of them have suffered transmission palava despite using abro or dextron, I was the one who stopped them from using such fluids and helped them use right fluids for their vehicles. Yet the vehicles still carried on fine.
Fact: I am lomomike and I've been a DIY guy for at least 7years
Fact: through out this month, I've worked on more than 40 vehicles, only one Rav4 came with transmission solenoid issue which I told the owner yet he refused to coorporate and I left him.
Fact: I work on vehicles, I troubleshoot and repair vehicles in a workshop/garage and that makes me an auto technician.

Baba na you o

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by abatically(m): 7:51am On Oct 11, 2015
auhanson:

Bros, u will find every car at mechanics shop, from the smallest Nissan micra to range rover sport to g wagon. But the rx300 is NOT notorious for transmission problems. That car has one of the best transmission found in any car. Best selling mid size luxury SUV in the USA for many years bro, if it had transmission problem it wouldn't be selling that much. Reason u are seeing lots of them in Nigeria now is because the car sold millions in the states and owners are upgrading to newer models.

Blame the Nigerian owners that use vegetable oil in place of recommended oil. In my street someone just imported an accidented 2009 rx350 for sale. It had a front impact and it affected the radiator and bonnet. First the kazeem fixing the car changed the radiator and connected the fans directly. And they changed the oil using Mobile xhp, but the one that really made me pity the would be buyer is the fact they poured seahorse into the transmission.

5 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Oct 11, 2015
Blame the Nigerian owners that use vegetable oil in place of recommended oil.

Palm oyel!! Palm oyel! grin

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by abatically(m): 8:01am On Oct 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Palm oyel!! Palm oyel! grin
My bad. Yes palm oye. Oga Gazzuzz are u around? My cars abs has been misbehaving some some time now. The light comes on at will, sometimes it disappears and sometimes it just stays on.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2015
abatically:

My bad. Yes palm oye. Oga Gazzuzz are u around? My cars abs has been misbehaving some some time now. The light comes on at will, sometimes it disappears and sometimes it just stays on.

E be like say nah ya village peopo o! Visit MFM for a quick scan!!

Oya come collect free scan for office.
Free scan expires 15th Oct 2015 (for abatically only)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Incoming North American Vehicles / Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. / BMWs Can Be Stolen By Hackers With $30 Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.