Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva (21574 Views)

Timipre Sylva Chills In His Abuja Mansion After EFCC Released His Seized Houses / Militant Leader, Ossy Ibori Killed In Ondo (Graphic Photos) / Militant Leader And His Commanders Killed In Rivers (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Obinoscopy(m): 4:26am On Oct 08, 2015
A senior member of the defunct militia group, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), Africa Ukparisia, known along the creeks and waterways of Bayelsa as General Africa, has denied he slapped the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Mr. Timipre Sylva over his choice of a running mate for the December 5 contest.

Some politicians in the State had claimed that the ex-militant slapped Mr. Sylva, who is also a former governor of the state, over his alleged decision to choose a retired school principal, Mr. Wilberforce Ekeri, ahead of the State party chairman, Mr. Tiwei Orunimigha.

It was alleged that Mr. Orunimigha had gone to the Abuja residence of Mr. Sylva in the company of Mr. Ukparisia to confront him over his choice, and that the meeting became heated, during which the former militant slapped Sylva and a full-blown fight erupted.

But in a statement delivered by email yesterday, the former militant described the reports about a quarrel between him and Mr. Sylva, as a fabricated lie.

He dismissed the entire matter as a “fictitious and malicious story", claiming that preliminary investigation had shown that the lies and unfounded claims were the idea of the rival Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate in the election, Governor Seriake Dickson.

He described the story as a futile attempt by the PDP to score cheap points ahead of the poll, and that the incident did not take place between any members of the APC.

“Chief Sylva is the APC leader and my leader, and he has the complete loyalty and support of the entire APC family in Bayelsa State. I have no reason to disrespect him or doubt his leadership of our great party. “

“Neither does our chairman, Chief Tiwe Oruminigbe, whose name was also used in the lie circulated by PDP in their desperation to ridicule APC and try to score cheap political points. The attempt to sponsor negative rumors about our governorship candidate, Chief Sylva, is, to all intents and purposes, the only campaign message and strategy of PDP and its jittery candidate, Hon. Seriake Dickson.”

He further described the matter as “a huge joke that cannot save the drowning governor and his party from a crushing defeat on December 5,” adding that the PDP will not succeed in dividing APC in the State or distracting it from the goal of rescuing Bayelsa from PDP’s regime of deception.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/07/ex-militant-leader-denies-slapping-timipre-sylva-over-choice-running-mate-bayelsa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by ShowYourCertificate: 4:31am On Oct 08, 2015
Yimu.

There's no smoke without fire. There was certainly a scuffle between the MEND general and Sylva. Whether they fought or not doesn't matter as long as there was a SLAP grin

24 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 08, 2015
[b] undecided THE ONLY PERSON THAT DESERVES SLAP AND HUMILIATION IN BAYELSA STATE IS GEJ. undecided AN ACCIDENTAL PRESIDENT OF 6YRS THAT CANT USE HIS POSITION TO INFLUENCE DEVELOPMENT IN OTUOKE. HIS PEOPLE LACK COMMON POTABLE WATER DESPITE PRODUCING A 6YRS PRESIDENT BUT WILL ALWAYS SHIELD HIM FROM ATTACKS EVEN THO THEY ARE POVERTY STRICKEN (na our son mentality).THAT MAN LOOTED THE COUNTRY BLIND AND WAS NEVER FIT TO BE A LEADER. HIS CLUELESSNESS OOZES TO EVERY PART OF THE WORLD. THE DUMB FUCCK CLAIM TO BE FIGHTING CORRUPTION WITH TECHNOLOGY AS IF NA COMPUTER GO ARREST HIS FELLOW THIEVES. DID THE UK AUTHORITIES ARRESTED MADAM FROG EYES (DIEZANI) WITH TECHNOLOGY NIGERIANS WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT HEARTLESS CORRUPT MAN DUE TO THE WAY HE RAN THE COUNTRY AGROUND. NEVER AGAIN SHALL WE HAVE AN ACCIDENTAL PRESIDENT LIKE GEJ WHO BELIEVES STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

A SORE ELECTION LOOSER CLAIMING TO BE AN HERO OF DEMOCRACY AFTER SEVERE ATTEMPTS TO MANIPULATE THE SAME DEMOCRATIC PROCESS. undecided

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY THE IGBOS CAN'T STOP SUPPORTING HIM DESPITE HIS FAILED PROMISE OF A SECOND NIGER BRIDGE STILL ON PAPER undecided[/b]

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by iambabaG: 4:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Booked!
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by seuncyber(m): 4:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Make I drink my zobo
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by emmabest2000(m): 4:43am On Oct 08, 2015
Whether denied or accepted it didn't change anything ..

BTW ...

Receive todays blessing by hitting like ...

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by SmartMugu: 4:44am On Oct 08, 2015
I didn't even know anyone in Bayelsa cared about APC until this one. Isn't that where the past president is from and most of his votes came from?

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by martins1213: 4:47am On Oct 08, 2015
To me ,this is damage control the apc is only trying to save face.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 08, 2015
Obinoscopy:
http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/07/ex-militant-leader-denies-slapping-timipre-sylva-over-choice-running-mate-bayelsa

many touts and warlord in south south.......... Thank God we are not religious or cultural fanatics likes northerners. maidugiri would have been better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 08, 2015
Timpreye is a bastard! We all know and witnessed the slap! His time is near!

-CramJones

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by BrainBoss(m): 4:53am On Oct 08, 2015
It's all lies

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by richyfunky(m): 4:54am On Oct 08, 2015
There is always an element of truth in every rumour......if dem like make dem kill demself, e no concern anybody

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by egift(m): 4:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Dickson is such a big failure that PDP's only hope for reelection is to lie their way to hell. That this election is not a walk over show the incompetence of Gov. Dickson.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by edo3(m): 4:55am On Oct 08, 2015
*Still sleeping*
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by philips70(m): 4:55am On Oct 08, 2015
SmartMugu:
I didn't even know anyone in Bayelsa cared about APC until this one. Isn't that where the past president is from and most of his votes came from?

Goodluck Johnny is not loved in Bayelsa, fact. The only thing they gained from their son in the presidency for 8yrs is Otuoke University plus Otuoke Anglican church. The airport YarAdua started was abandoned as the place is now a forest. Yet the money this man and his wife embezzled can build world class airports. They are angry.

9 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Jayuba(m): 4:56am On Oct 08, 2015
No them sabi.
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:57am On Oct 08, 2015
SmartMugu:
All those so-called APC members in Bayelsa state are businessmen! The party is Dead on Arrival in BY!

As for Sylva, he deserves the slap... grin

3 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 08, 2015
APC sylva?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by clefstone(m): 4:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Election wey apc go lose na im dem dey slap themselves put?

5 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Favourcharles23(f): 4:59am On Oct 08, 2015
Whatever rocks their boat... Me just dey wait for president to stabilize this country with his ministers so I will get a job from one of the ministries.......

As for me and my family, Buhari's administration must favour us. Click like if you think same.....

Have a wonderful and blessed day fellow Nairalanders

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by RichDad1(m): 5:01am On Oct 08, 2015
Wetin concern me?
"Shebi Na their oil" undecided
**pun intended**

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:01am On Oct 08, 2015
Even Sylva is aware that his candidacy is Dead on Arrival. He's a failed and corrupt politician.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by aieromon(m): 5:01am On Oct 08, 2015
I fear that the Bayelsa elections might be bloody. Small state with militants everywhere

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by BCISLTD: 5:02am On Oct 08, 2015
angry who slapped who??

Check my signature Call or whatsapp
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by furezra(m): 5:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Really!! Ex militant now involved in politics
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by nikkiking(m): 5:06am On Oct 08, 2015
I am tempted to ask ".

Pishure or adonbilivit undecided undecided.

Nevertheless......who don slap don slap undecided .

Bayelsa home of our amiable and a hobbled ex-president now making front page because of touts in politics!

God will never allow those confused hungry for power aliens turn that state to the likes of Maiduguri yobe state tongue angry.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by Favourcharles23(f): 5:07am On Oct 08, 2015
searching4love:
[b] undecided THE ONLY PERSON THAT DESERVES SLAP AND HUMILIATION IN BAYELSA STATE IS GEJ. undecided AN ACCIDENTAL PRESIDENT OF 6YRS THAT CANT USE HIS POSITION TO INFLUENCE DEVELOPMENT IN OTUOKE. HIS PEOPLE LACK COMMON POTABLE WATER DESPITE PRODUCING A 6YRS PRESIDENT BUT WILL ALWAYS SHIELD HIM FROM ATTACKS EVEN THO THEY ARE POVERTY STRICKEN (na our son mentality).THAT MAN LOOTED THE COUNTRY BLIND AND WAS NEVER FIT TO BE A LEADER. HIS CLUELESSNESS OOZES TO EVERY PART OF THE WORLD. THE DUMB FUCCK CLAIM TO BE FIGHTING CORRUPTION WITH TECHNOLOGY AS IF NA COMPUTER GO GO ARREST HIS FELLOW THIEVES. NIGERIANS WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT HEARTLESS CORRUPT MAN DUE TO THE WAY HE RAN THE COUNTRY AGROUND. NEVER AGAIN SHALL WE HAVE AN ACCIDENTAL PRESIDENT LIKE GEJ WHO BELIEVES STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

A SORE ELECTION LOOSER CLAIMING TO BE AN HERO OF DEMOCRACY AFTER SEVERE ATTEMPTS TO MANIPULATE THE SAME DEMOCRATIC PROCESS. undecided

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY THE IGBOS CAN'T STOP SUPPORTING HIM DESPITE HIS FAILED PROMISE OF A SECOND NIGER BRIDGE STILL ON PAPER undecided[/b]

How does that concern GEJ? You are suffering your self by raining all this abuses on him cos the young man is not on nairaland and he is somewhere around the world enjoying himself and there is nothing you or your likes can do about it.. So embrace the change jejely and stop being frustrated, it doesn't pay... Just an advice from someone who cares..... Have a blessed day

15 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by ifyalways(f): 5:08am On Oct 08, 2015
It's the desert propaganda outfit, Sahara liars. cheesy
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by thefakestan: 5:11am On Oct 08, 2015
Two states, 4 bad candidates
Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by happney65: 5:27am On Oct 08, 2015
cramjones:
Timpreye is a bastard! We all know and witnessed the slap! His time is near!

-CramJones

Hmmm,Bros you dey there?U can lie ohhh. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by happney65: 5:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Favourcharles23:

How does that concern GEJ? You are suffering your self by raining all this abuses on him cos the young man is not on nairaland and he is somewhere around the world enjoying himself and there is nothing you or your likes can do about it.. So embrace the change jejely and stop being frustrated, it doesn't pay... Just an advice from someone who cares..... Have a blessed day

Perfect response you gave to the Slowpoke.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva by AdemolaA2: 5:30am On Oct 08, 2015
Gunaydin alkadash!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Anambra State Governorship Elections: Between Peter Obi And Willie Obiano / Amaechi’s Brother Hospitalised After Machete Attack By Thugs / Kayode Alabi Reads ‘ó tó gé’ from Bible at church service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.