Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? (4563 Views)

VIDEO: Einstein's Handwritten Note On Hapiness / Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2015
A Chinese middle school rose to fame this week
after its pupils' English handwriting amazed internet
users.
Photographs from Chinese social media show the
students at Hengshui Middle School, central China,
were required to write English letters as if they were
printed off from computers, reported People's Daily
Online.
They were even told to write each letter in the
exactly same way every time.
Pictures of the freehand compositions denoting a
wide variety of social and cultural topics, from
prejudice against female authors to the importance
of keeping healthy eating habits.
Although the pupils' grammar needs improving, their
handwriting is so neat that they could be easily
mistaken for being written on computers.
However, despite the pupils' perfect spacing and fine
grasp of italics, their teachers still found room for
them to improve.
Comments from the teacher such as 'definitely need
more practice' and 'better' can be seen at the top of
the compositions.
One pupil received the comment 'Not one stroke
more; not one stroke less' for a tendency to write
letters too short.
The teacher told one pupil, named Hu Yingchen, to
'see me for criticism' due to her bad handwriting.
Chinese web users are awed by the neat handwriting
and compared them to their 'textbooks'.
Some of them feel envious of the pupils' English
teacher and wished they had got teachers like that
when they were studying.
Hengshui Middle School, in Heibei Province, is one of
the best in the country.
The military-style boarding school has more than
5,000 pupils between the ages of 15 to 18.
The school is famous for helping pupils achieve high
scores in the yearly University Entrance
Examination.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3263762/Chinese-school-forces-pupils-write-English-letters-like-computer-character-identical-time.html

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2015
Wow!!!!! This is so lovely and unbelievable!!!!! If you can conceive it, you can achieve it...

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Segadem(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2015
how many hour the writer used in drawing this letter?
I believed this is drawing not writing. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by factorial1(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2015
Which font is that ?

Lovely.
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by christejames(m): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2015
Its actually beautiful... I am not trying to boast or sound weird but I think my calligraphy is way better than that one if you are comparing it with printed or typed letters... Right from my secondary school days to university now; friends, teachers, lecturers and even admirers have been awed by the way my written words are arranged in alignment with none being slanty; I have been called 'typewriter' by my mates in secondary school... #it runs in our family though but mine has a little edge over theirs!

6 Likes

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by factorial1(m): 11:13am On Oct 08, 2015
christejames:
Its actually beautiful... I am not trying to boast or sound weird but I think my calligraphy is way better than that one if you are comparing it with printed or typed letters... Right from my secondary school days to university now; friends, teachers, lecturers and even admirers have been awed by the way my written words are arranged in alignment with none being slanty; I have been called 'typewriter' by my mates in secondary school... #it runs in our family though but mine has a little edge over theirs!
Beautiful, but it would be nice if you can attach a sample of it. wink

3 Likes

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by christejames(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2015
factorial1:
Beautiful, but it would be nice if you can attach a sample of it. wink
I know nairaland would demand for it... I am not close to any of my written books now cause I'm far from school. Let me see what I can do. MODIFIED: I wrote down a piece and captured it my phone's camera unfortunately its too blur for me upload... My phone's camera has been having some problem. I'm sorry if you don't believe me, there is nothing else I can do...

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by factorial1(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2015
christejames:
I know nairaland would demand for it... I am not close to any of my written books now cause I'm far from school. Let me see what I can do. MODIFIED: I wrote down a piece and captured it my phone's camera unfortunately its too blur for me upload... My phone's camera has been having some problem. I'm sorry if you don't believe me, there is nothing else I can do...
Lol, OK then.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Obas101(m): 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Dats hw my writing is
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by falcon01: 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
christejames:
bro post pics of your writing
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by deeprof123: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
christejames:

After you finish boasting abii...
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by damiloladuke: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
great
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by jemype(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
u don start
Obas101:
Dats hw my writing is
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
christejames:
why must ur camera b faulty now?
Talk true na Nokia C1 u dae use

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by PerlaNera: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nice hand writing. But not a big deal actually.
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by ignis: 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nice
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by 400billionman: 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
How much enter their account. ?
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Most people commenting are not considering the fact that these kids are Chinese. English is not their native language and their Chinese writing is far different from English language. I'm really impressed.

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
its possible dudes
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
That's handwriting is great...

Meanwhile see something more shocking here - www.nairaland.com/2652449/omg-what-happened-banana-crooner#38800265
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
christejames:

Pix of yours,pls.
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by ehix89(m): 12:07am On Oct 09, 2015
christejames:
Jesuuuuu, who ask u questions oga?,,,running mouth runs in ur family tew

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by ODUBEZE: 12:58am On Oct 09, 2015
My writing is actually finer
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by IceDude(m): 2:58am On Oct 09, 2015
I dont see anything special in that handwriting........Anywayz, the Chi Chun Poo tried sha
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by mekonglobal(m): 4:53am On Oct 09, 2015
It nice to start up early and they will definitely improve with time...practice makes perfect!
Re: Can You Believe This Essay Is Handwritten? by christejames(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2015
fighal:
why must ur camera b faulty now?
Talk true na Nokia C1 u dae use
LOL! ...something related to that though (Asha).

(1) (Reply)

Jamb 2013 Utme Use Of English: The Summary Of The Two Novels; “the Successors” W / Final Year Final Papers Celebration Turn To Tears In Niger Delta University As C / How Popular Nd Influential Is The Adams Adebola Integral Tutorial College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.