Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. (45533 Views)

Photos Of Vincent Enyeama Leaving Super Eagles Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by babyfaceafrica: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

What Nigeria? Nigeria is only as great as the people in it. If you keep giving this treatment to your heroes, what do you think would motivate the So Called young players to give their best for the country? No team is ever built on youngsters. France tried it and failed. The super eagles would just be a shadow of itself. imagine musa. What had he done to earn him that captainship? mumu people.
if heroes don't respect themselves they should be eased out..for exmple hohn terry who slept wit a team mates baby mama was shown the way out!!!!...if enyeama was rude to oliseh ,then its right he is shown who is the boss!!!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by GMan650(m): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2015
The guy be don retire before oooo na beg dem dey beg am. Now he is now retiring unhappily, he has been saving Nigeria for 13 years now and Nigeria couldn't give him a befitting retirement. Later, dem go come tlk say dey wan call Jordan Ibe and Dele Alli say dey no wan play for super chickens, why dem go play see as dem rubbish one of their legends. I tire for dis country sef
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by kelvyn7: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2015
embarassed cry cry
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by ShawnMcJoe: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2015
cbrass:

I remember him against Lionel messi at south Africa then. Messi couldn't get a goal pass him. Honestly he is the best we have now, NFF SHOULD STOP EMPLOYING THESE SPOIL BRATS AS COACHES

4 years later, Same Messi shipped 2 past him...signals of declining performance.
Oilseh is right to drop him. The team needs to move on.
Mikel is next to be booted out please.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by cathodekazim: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2015
;DChigozie agbim myhero Dr Congo 2 Nigeria 1 Correct score. 23odd @bet9ja Firsthalf /fulltime score Dr Congo 1-0/1-0. 40odd Stake it and become a millionaire
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by ohenhen1: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Terrible news, this will affect morale.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Ishilove: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Why am i not surprised? The guy is mourning and Oliseh should have cut him some slack.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by ybalogs(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh finally got his wish!!! Anyways Wishing Enyeama a fruitful club career. I just hope our upcoming players will emulate this guy in all aspects. A professional to the core. You will be missed but Life Goes On. #Endofanera
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Amhappy(f): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2015
Just as i expected though my guess it that he will do it after the Congo game. Thank you Enyeama for your service. You did us proud. There is time for everything under the sun and now is the time to leave SE. Wishing you the best in club football.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Roadmap27(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2015
That Oliseh did this to Enyeama he remain worst ever coach NFA has ever hire as he succeeded in creating negative in the team. Do we thing every other player we love to push on with that. Upon Ao dedicated Enyeama has been over the time. I don't expect this in a civilize world.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by dckng16(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2015
As for Enyeama don't ever change your mind returning to National team if d whole saga is resolve at d end, Cos u just retired when d ovation is very loud. This is what Keshi should have done after Brazil 2014, but he chose to continue and Our visionless NFF and Nigerians messed him up big time.

Just stick to your decisions. You u will forever be remember as of d best goalie Nigeria has ever produced. Coming back again cld dent d reputation you have built for a very longtime.

Wish u more and more success in ur club carreer

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by valdes00(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2015
Lilyomi:

Dnt disgrace the innocent boy na. He is ur bro. Assume he is over principled.
Disgrace....lolzz this is a faceless forum, u don't knw me, u don't knw my brother... my brother doesn't even knw am on NL.... n I can't n will neva embarrass him in public.... he is one of the best brother anybody could wish for even wit all his flaws, I love n won't dare trade him for sum1 else...... buh dat name
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by successinlife: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2015
valdes00:
Am I surprised.... of cos not.... All the guys bearing #Sunday r always full wit pride n most tyms stubborn. They don't always mak the right decisions... Don't ask me how I got to knw, my junior brother is a perfect example... I still dey ask my parent y dem giv am dat name...

nO, No & NO,don't put everyone name Sunday stubborn and of pride just because one certain sunday behave irrational and you even go ahead and say they don't always make right decision.I disagree totally with this generilisation. Just because a certain John is a president does not guarantee all John to be president,even in Ghana where almost all the present & past presidents are John,you still have Ghanian John that are shoe shinners.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by MizMyColi(f): 11:39am On Oct 08, 2015
I don't like Oliseh.
I'm afraid he's the much talk, no action kinda guy.

He lacks the wisdom, diplomacy and tact that is needed to relate with grown men.

He thinks of Enyeama as a threat, someone who might be an obstacle to his perpetuating himself on all team members.
The NFF, in a bid to spite Keshi, brought in a mere sports analyst to coach our National team.
Practical will always be different from theory.

The best coaches, the ones who make it far, are usually cool-tempered and less talkers.

If he does not work on his attitude, then Oliseh is a disaster waiting to happen. Ask Mourinho. Suffice to say, Mourinho is more emotionally intelligent than he is.
Those who know him should better warn him.....that's if he won't be too pompous to listen.
I detest brazenly proud people.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by delman88(m): 11:39am On Oct 08, 2015
gozmok1:
Buhari caused it APC supporters ARE EVIL haileRS

quote me every where

HERE GOES ANOTHER YABA LEFT PATIENT!!!! #SMH
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by austinike(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2015
It is well my dearest Enyama, God has already lifted u. dnt wry about ur enemies,ur enemies can't do u nothing.
the same disgrace will still befall the so-called coach Oliseh & his co-host.
U r lifted n i celebrate u
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by free37: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Too bad.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by lomprico(m): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Sweetcollins:
Chai.but u for continue the fight na, fight no dey ever finish o, remember say quitters are loosers o
Of course he will continue with his club.
Chai! The only confidence we have in our team. Like my friend will say "as long as na enyama dey post, I no dey fear".
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by shiinihost: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
if heroes don't respect themselves they should be eased out..for exmple hohn terry who slept wit a team mates baby mama was shown the way out!!!!...if enyeama was rude to oliseh ,then its right he is shown who is the boss!!!

and what scandal is enyeama involved him for him to be stripped off the captaincy?

Why would a coach disband a captain without even holding prior meetings with him? do you even know that respect is a reciprocal? So the coach should not respect the players because he is the coach? Even players that are bigger than he would ever be in his lifetime. This is crap man. oliseh messed up bad and now we have lost a gem and would continue to loss them. Quote me, you would see players retirement left right and center. There's no honour in playing for the green shirt anymore.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by babyfaceafrica: 11:47am On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

and what scandal is enyeama involved him for him to be stripped off the captaincy?

Why would a coach disband a captain without even holding prior meetings with him? do you even know that respect is a reciprocal? So the coach should not respect the players because he is the coach? Even players that are bigger than he would ever be in his lifetime. This is crap man. oliseh messed up bad and now we have lost a gem and would continue to loss them. Quote me, you would see players retirement left right and center. There's no honour in playing for the green shirt anymore.
anybody who wants to retire should do so!!..no time for sentiments...people should not be begged to play for their country..it is an honour to be in a 23 man squard out of 55 millions Nigerians
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by JuicyStar: 11:47am On Oct 08, 2015
U
doctimi:
Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously as seen in his instagram post.

''I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course,I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion.henceforth,there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services.God bless NIGERIA.from HENCEFORTH,I am no more the captain of the NIGERIAN senior football team,I am no more the goalie of the team,I am out of the team.i am no more available for international duties.i want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter world wide.its been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerian are there for me and God is with me..God bless NIGERIA.#ENDOFANERA.''

https://instagram.com/p/8klzn7Tao3/?taken-by=vinny2908

Thanks for all the years of service. We knew this day would definitely come. And to Sunday Oliseh, it's time to build another goal keeper to match or better the performance of Vincent. God Bless you Vincent and God bless Nigeria. Expect Mikel to follow same path soon.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by shiinihost: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2015
Badgers14:
In as much as i value Enyeama, indeed he was good at his job.. But here's is the thing.. He could have left the room when oliseh said so outta of professionalism and self respect... Yes!!

Do you think Enyeama would try this at the club level

He was the team captain, he should lead by example and leave jeje and then talk to the coach later.. He is a human being he would understand..
Enyeama just showed arrogance and indiscipline.. He put the coach in a tough position and he had no choice than to enforce discipline..

Dont forget Mourinho fined Casillas when he came late to training, he had a good reason and pictures and videos to buttress his point. The funny thing was Casillas was not even the #1 goalkeeper then..

Enyeama ended his career badly and i fear this might affect him at the club level..

Good luck sha cool

stop saying what you Don't know. How would you just disband a captain with him even being aware of it? and for what reason? No club manager would treat his players like this. These are adults and they demand respect as well. #fvckthegreens
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by forgiveness: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2015
If this guy is truely patriotic, why is he dumping Nigeria at this crucial time?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2015
rshdlekan:
Emyeama shd go, Captain na him papa title, Super Eagle is not about a player. We need team
And is there a team without some key players?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by shiinihost: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
anybody who wants to retire should do so!!..no time for sentiments...people should not be begged to play for their country..it is an honour to be in a 23 man squard out of 55 millions Nigerians

it's obvious your are ignorant as he'll. Enyama is one of the most committed Nigerian players ever. even olishe cannot boost of the same level of commitment. you thinks say na beans to be the most capped player? Playing for the green shirt is no longer honourable. Shitty team.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by boysimple1: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2015
doctimi:
Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously as seen in his instagram post.

''I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course,I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion.henceforth,there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services.God bless NIGERIA.from HENCEFORTH,I am no more the captain of the NIGERIAN senior football team,I am no more the goalie of the team,I am out of the team.i am no more available for international duties.i want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter world wide.its been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerian are there for me and God is with me..God bless NIGERIA.#ENDOFANERA.''

https://instagram.com/p/8klzn7Tao3/?taken-by=vinny2908
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by NaLaugh: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Sweetcollins:
Chai.but u for continue the fight na, fight no dey ever finish o, remember say quitters are loosers o

"Quitting" isn't necessarily "losing." Sometimes some just know when to stop beating dead horses.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by babyfaceafrica: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

it's obvious your are ignorant as he'll. Enyama is one of the most committed Nigerian players ever. even olishe cannot boost of the same level of commitment. you thinks say na beans to be the most capped player? Playing for the green shirt is no longer honourable. Shitty team.
I will support team Nigeria watever happens...I don't have any oda country..please if those players no won play again make dem talk so..players yapa for aba,enugu,ajegunle,obalende ,ph nd kano....

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by boysimple1: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2015
MAKE DE GUY GO JARE,WE DON'T NEED HIM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by valdes00(m): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2015
successinlife:

nO, No & NO,don't put everyone name Sunday stubborn and of pride just because one certain sunday behave irrational and you even go ahead and say they don't always make right decision.I disagree totally with this generilisation. Just because a certain John is a president does not guarantee all John to be president,even in Ghana where almost all the present & past presidents are John,you still have Ghanian John that are shoe shinners.
I really don't expect u to agree wit me.... I av my own opinion, u av urs.... its a free world.... we don't always av to agree on sumtin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by justjify(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Damn you Oliseh! That was unfair and too harsh to treat a guy who just lost his mother. If your parents are still alive, I pray you don't get sacked for going to attend their burial. I hope you'll have a rethink.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by shiinihost: 11:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Anamachi3:

I don't fancy his unruly Behaviour. Sometimes decisions that are very hard has to be taken by some coaches which d fans can't at d initial time to find comfortable with but @ the long run will be a blessing in disguise. Just watch out how Carl Ikeme will make Enyeama unknown

wtf are you saying? He's So unruly yet his club coaches have never had issues with him? Nigerian coaches are just mediocre.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi's Obituary Poster And Burial Arrangements / How To Win Sport Betting Everyday / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.