Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. (45510 Views)

Photos Of Vincent Enyeama Leaving Super Eagles Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by shiinihost: 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
busky101:
as if he is retiring willingly....no be condition bend crayfish. Why vincente del bosque never use bouncers bounce casillas comot National team or even Buffon, even falcao wey don lose form was called up yesterday for colombia match this weekend, when we have in form players like obafemi martins that are no were to be found no to talk of pursuing a legend that just buried his momma...#get conscience na abeg.

wth... even tavez fought with his coach and he was never thrown out like a pig..... gosh.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Bimpe29: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
It is well with you all. But, there is a common interest though. God bless Nigeria.

No blabbing!

It is God's doing
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by biteck(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
doctimi:
Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously as seen in his instagram post.

''I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course,I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion.henceforth,there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services.God bless NIGERIA.from HENCEFORTH,I am no more the captain of the NIGERIAN senior football team,I am no more the goalie of the team,I am out of the team.i am no more available for international duties.i want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter world wide.its been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerian are there for me and God is with me..God bless NIGERIA.#ENDOFANERA.''

https://instagram.com/p/8klzn7Tao3/?taken-by=vinny2908

From this story I learn that humility and self control pay.Am pained at how this career was brought to an end.I would have loved to see a glorious end to Enyeamas career,filled with fanfare, national celebrations.

Am just upset with the way he allowed things to play out. The truth from what I have read is that he put the coach in a difficult situation and of course you should expect that the man will like to make both him and the rest members of the team know that he wants discipline and that he can't be toyed with.

He could have ended his career in a more glamorous way had it been things were handled more maturedly.What happened is not a good one and it may affect the team. I just pray it doesn't. Some of us that have been watching Enyeama for these 13 years will definitely miss him.I remember I watched him first when Nigeria played against England in 2002 world cup.

All the best man.Gods grace in future endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by kingofabia: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
dude, lets b honest, GOD FORBID..if u were to bury ur mum on a weekend, wud u b in the right frame of mind for work....this guy came straight to the camp after the burial, thats to tell u how passionate he is abt Nigeria..Oliseh might regret it cos he has brought disunity to the camp....mamma diouf of stoke lost his mum and stoke gave him weeks off....so y is oliseh making so much noise abt this

Badgers14:
In as much as i value Enyeama, indeed he was good at his job.. But here's is the thing.. He could have left the room when oliseh said so outta of professionalism and self respect... Yes!!

Do you think Enyeama would try this at the club level

He was the team captain, he should lead by example and leave jeje and then talk to the coach later.. He is a human being he would understand..
Enyeama just showed arrogance and indiscipline.. He put the coach in a tough position and he had no choice than to enforce discipline..

Dont forget Mourinho fined Casillas when he came late to training, he had a good reason and pictures and videos to buttress his point. The funny thing was Casillas was not even the #1 goalkeeper then..

Enyeama ended his career badly and i fear this might affect him at the club level..

Good luck sha cool
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by nifton(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Badgers14:
In as much as i value Enyeama, indeed he was good at his job.. But here's is the thing.. He could have left the room when oliseh said so outta of professionalism and self respect... Yes!!

Do you think Enyeama would try this at the club level

He was the team captain, he should lead by example and leave jeje and then talk to the coach later.. He is a human being he would understand..
Enyeama just showed arrogance and indiscipline.. He put the coach in a tough position and he had no choice than to enforce discipline..

Dont forget Mourinho fined Casillas when he came late to training, he had a good reason and pictures and videos to buttress his point. The funny thing was Casillas was not even the #1 goalkeeper then..

Enyeama ended his career badly and i fear this might affect him at the club level..

Good luck sha cool
U talking of coming late to camp.If na ur mama th bury saturday,u go come camp monday abi. Abeg no dey yarn dust oh,im be top player for french league n dat will continue till next 5 yrs.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by dckng16(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Enyeama the best Goal keeper we have ever had.

U are d reason I opened GTB account last year when I saw this pics circulating on Internet

It's pity we Nigerians don't know how to celebrate our heroes, Instead we treat them with disdain from rashidi yekini to so many legend and stars who have been forgotten.

How do we expect such Nation to prosper in sports.

Like someone said I don't blame d likes of victor anichebe, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jordan Ibe, nedum Onuoha etc who have refused to play for Super Eagles.

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by youngeagle(m): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
I had this kinda speculation when our new coach was nominated,because the guy never supported the super eagle in there last world cup outing,always criticising with so much arrogance and pride,I told my frnd that this guy is looking 4 Keshi's job but he will mess himslf up with pride and over sabi...here we go again
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by hilario8898(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Watching super eagles play is most times a scary thing, but even through it all, there is a feeling of confidence seeing Vincent enyeama at the goal post doing his best to prevent the ball from going in; watch our match against Argentina, then you'll understand.... He even tapped merci on the head and they laughed and continued playing like professionals, which they were.

I cannot really know what transpired over there, and precisely I don't even care.... If someone is good just the way Vincent is good, the person should be praised and not booed for being a star and standing up to their rights.

Can Portugal allow Ronaldo to go away just like that because of a dispute? You know the answer to that.

Nigerians! Be Wise!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by bidexmimi(f): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Enyeama has been a great keeper.,no doubt about dat and yes i personally like him, bt i see all dis as being rude and proud. Can't he be disciplined again because he z good or wat sef? No matter ow good u r, some1 wuld always be better and u can always be replaced. I still like him tho bt no biggie if all Oliseh did wz cos of his unruly behavior..

Leave work without formally informing dem and tell dem not 2 discipline u
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by gbade2: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
God almighty will make sunday Oliseh and his family cry just for making Nigerians feel sad..! Wish you well vicent..!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by dckng16(m): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
danjaba:

This guy Enyeama dedicated his times for the Eagles. Yes, his contribution won laurels for us. But at last...
Enyeama complained about the match venue of kaduna.
Enyeama was given a query which he tore it in the presence of Nigeria football officials in kaduna. Haba!!
Enyeama withdrew his passion for the National team when Stephen Keshi was sacked.
Enyeama behaved rudely to the Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh even when he came late to the camp.
Less we forget
Oliseh won Olympic Gold medal
Oliseh scored the winning goal against Spain in France 98
Oliseh doesn't take shit from anybody when it comes to football
Oliseh threatened to deal with the minister of sports then due to his interference in the Super Eagles matters
Oliseh cried in front of millions of people when Nigeria lost to Cameroon in AFCON 2000.
Oliseh head butted his club mate in Germany.
Nigerians want a patriotic and a discipline team.
Kudos to Sunday Oliseh. Keep it up man

Abeg make he go jare
The same Oliseh was so rude and very arrogant than Enyeama during his time, he even went as far as killing rashidi yekini scareer by cutting off supply of passes to him and Even formed the Mafia group in super Eagles and dictates for the coach who to play on field.
And also very rude to NFF, may be u shld ask him what NFF did to him during his playing time in super Eagles. I think Ishia Mark Aku was d NfA chairman then

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by fiftynaira(m): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Enyema will have the last laugh

@least today's friendlies na sure loss for us

Buh Enyema should have bowed out more honourably than going to social media to announce his exit

Atleast 110 caps wouldn't have been a bad one
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Charly68: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
You ought to receive award for this path of honor that you have taken.. God be with you in your future endeavors..You are a great Goal keeper..
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by nowal: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Good for you Enyeama. You have fought your battles well and have done your best for the country. May God be with you.
my advise for you - always maintain your cool when you are frustrated. Not all confrontations get you a soft landing. What didn't work in your favour was the fact you also had confrontations with Siasia, Keshi, NFF and now Oliseh. It is easy to think may be "your own sef dey too much'

Oliseh - You are Boss and you have shown it. But you need to know you are not only a boss but a leader. Improve on your man management skills because you are managing matured and exposed people not academy boys. Now that he is out of your way, concentrate and pray you have a united squad. any mistake from you eh .. you know Nigeria

NFF - Nice strategy guys. I see your handiwork in all these. something in me tells me this was orchestrated by you following enyeama attitudes in June.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by chisabones: 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
valdes00:
Am I surprised.... of cos not.... All the guys bearing #Sunday r always full wit pride n most tyms stubborn. They don't always mak the right decisions... Don't ask me how I got to knw, my junior brother is a perfect example... I still dey ask my parent y dem giv am dat name...

HAHAHAHAHA BROS CALM DOWN OOO grin grin grin grin grin grin YOUR BROTHER JUST HAS HIS OWN MIND THATS ALL. LMAO
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by fiftynaira(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
hilario8898:
Watching super eagles play is most times a scary thing, but even through it all, there is a feeling of confidence seeing Vincent enyeama at the goal post doing his best to prevent the ball from going in; watch our match against Argentina, then you'll understand.... He even tapped merci on the head and they laughed and continued playing like professionals, which they were.

I cannot really know what transpired over there, and precisely I don't even care.... If someone is good just the way Vincent is good, the person should be praised and not booed for being a star and standing up to their rights.

Can Spain allow Ronaldo to go away just like that because of a dispute? You know the answer to that.

Nigerians! Be Wise!

No vex abeg which Spain and which Ronaldo?

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't like Oliseh.
I'm afraid he's the much talk, no action kinda guy.

He lacks the wisdom, diplomacy and tact that is needed to relate with grown men.

He thinks of Enyeama as a threat, someone who might be an obstacle to his perpetuating himself on all team members.
The NFF, in a bid to spite Keshi, brought in a mere sports analyst to coach our National team.
Practical will always be different from theory.

The best coaches, the ones who make it far, are usually cool-tempered and less talkers.

If he does not work on his attitude, then Oliseh is a disaster waiting to happen. Ask Mourinho. Suffice to say, Mourinho is more emotionally intelligent than he is.
Those who know him should better warn him.....that's if he won't be too pompous to listen.
I detest brazenly proud people.
A mere sports analyst? i'll advice u check his profile... The U.E.F.A “PROFESSIONAL” COACHES
LICENSE
THE U.E.F.A “A” (ADVANCED) COACHES
DIPLOMA.
THE U.E.F.A “B” (BASIC) COACHES
DIPLOMA
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by dckng16(m): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
nowal:
Good for you Enyeama. You have fought your battles well and have done your best for the country. May God be with you.
my advise for you - always maintain your cool when you are frustrated. Not all confrontations get you a soft landing. What didn't work in your favour was the fact you also had confrontations with Siasia, Keshi, NFF and now Oliseh. It is easy to think may be "your own sef dey too much'

Oliseh - You are Boss and you have shown it. But you need to know you are not only a boss but a leader. Improve on your man management skills because you are managing matured and exposed people not academy boys. Now that he is out of your way, concentrate and pray you have a united squad. any mistake from you eh .. you know Nigeria

NFF - Nice strategy guys. I see your handiwork in all these. something in me tells me this was orchestrated by you following enyeama attitudes in June.

God bless Nigeria

Purely planned by NFF
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by MizMyColi(f): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
A mere sports analyst? i'll advice u check his profile... The U.E.F.A “PROFESSIONAL” COACHES
LICENSE
THE U.E.F.A “A” (ADVANCED) COACHES
DIPLOMA.
THE U.E.F.A “B” (BASIC) COACHES
DIPLOMA

I am more interested in his portfolio.

Osinbajo was called a mere commissioner by a man he is obviously better than.....on paper.

We are talking practical here, not theory.
My submission stands.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Obiagu1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
Sunday Oliseh must be a saddist!

This is the worst thing to happen to anyone in the Super Eagles.
How can a 'coach' fire his captain just after the captain was still grieving the loss of his mother?
This is so insensitive. How could one do that without according the captain the privilege of knowing before everyone else that he was going to be demoted?

God I just can't believe this.

Oliseh just sowed the seed of discord in the Super Eagles. Not only did he humiliated his captain, he also bypassed the supposed successor to the captainship which is John Mikel Obi.

This has being our tradition which Oliseh himself benefited from. The longest serving is always the captain.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by niagaraservices: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
i am launching an online store soon and if you want your goods on it to improve your sales.contact me
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Mamuskybill: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
madridguy:
Vincent Enyeama remain one of the best player that I cherish and I respect a lot but with this decision shows his no longer the humble Vincent Enyeama I hold on high esteem. You should have apologize to Oliseh and continue with your life. You made the biggest mistake to tell the whole media what happened in the camp. The great David Beckham suffered more than this in the hands of Sir Alex Ferguson and he never open up to the media what broke his nose till date. Wish you the best my good keeper.

Then how did you know what broke David Beckham nose if not through the media report? You be wizard abi ?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Urine: 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
busky101:
shoro niyen? why the freshers never replace buffon,cech,casillass and the rest.. A legend is a legend nii

Before he became a Legend, he was a player in the local league, Adegboye Onigbinde picked him up and gave him his chance in 2002, there are a million Enyeamas in Nigeria, nobody is bigger than the team, nobody is indispensable.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by busky101(m): 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

wth... even tavez fought with his coach and he was never thrown out like a pig..... gosh.
am telling u, anybody can do anyhow for we country...but oliseh go hear am. All eyes and even media will be on him, his mediocrity will be worse than mourimho's
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by AmicableEd: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2015

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Urine: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mamuskybill:

Then how did you know what broke David Beckham nose if not through the media report? You be wizard abi ?

Fergie has narrated the story himself countless times.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by speedyGonzales: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
Giving him the chance to pass on the experience would have been very valuable for Nigeria, and sending him away like the hero he has been for Nigeria, much like Okacha and Kanu, it would have boost the morale of the younger players because they will know that if you work hard for your country, you will gain the love and respect of your countrymen.

Goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama Ranks 4th Best Goalkeeper In The World By FIFA

http://www.360nobs.com/2014/07/goalkeeper-vincent-enyeama-ranks-4th-best-goalkeeper-in-the-world-by-fifa/

well, Enyeama best of luck... thank you for the wonderful memories (especially the saves against Messi).
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Dailiesroom: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Excellentmind: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mmm! The mother eagle has just departed, what will the baby eagles do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Celebrates His 30th Birthday With A Twerking Girl At Club (VIDEO) / Marcus Rashford Congratulates Ighalo On Signing New Manchester United Loan Deal / Kylian Mbappe Named Most Valuable Footballer In The World At £190m (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.