Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. (45527 Views)

Photos Of Vincent Enyeama Leaving Super Eagles Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Badgers14: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
nifton:

U talking of coming late to camp.If na ur mama th bury saturday,u go come camp monday abi. Abeg no dey yarn dust oh,im be top player for french league n dat will continue till next 5 yrs.

My brother no cause for bashing... You yourself reason am.. You be boss one of your employees come late and you told him to leave the meeting and he refused and insisted you grant him audience.. All of these in front of junior colleagues.. Wetin u go do

Enyeama can never try that at his club, there is thing called professionalism.... Common he was the team captain..he should have obeyed the coach..
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Nickymezor(f): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Fare well Enyeama. We re gonna miss u no doubt cuz u hv bin a spectacular goalie.

I just hope d new goalie delivers tho, if nt we will be screwed.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Urine: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
gbade2:
God almighty will make sunday Oliseh and his family cry just for making Nigerians feel sad..! Wish you well vicent..!

Gbade? Ewo ni ti epe? Ki lo le to yen?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

I am more interested in his portfolio.

Osinbajo was called a mere commissioner by a man he is obviously better than.....on paper.

We are talking practical here, not theory.
My submission stands.
He was once a sports director with EUPEN, he has coached VERVIETOIS before. Is that not practical enuf? Moreover, SE is not a big team for him to have "big" portfolio before he can coach them...
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Kingsley1000(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
cbrass:
If I was him that will be the honourable thing to do, Oliseh will definitely regret this sad
go back to school lad
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by donbenie(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mee234:

Why would Oliseh regret this? Some one was between the sticks for the eagles before Enyeama. He was a local player when he became Nigeria's number. Maybe it is time for some local player to shine
Enyeama IS the BEST we have,a true world class goalkeeper at the PRIME of his career,Mark my words Oliseh is going to regret this,we are all forming nothing dey happen,just one fumble from Carl Ikeme and co and we'll realize what we had in Enyeama,TODAY is a SAD day for Nigerian Football..#HERO
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Sweetcollins: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
NaLaugh:

"Quitting" isn't necessarily "losing." Sometimes some just know when to stop beating dead horses.

Abio
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Temysteve(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
madridguy:
Vincent Enyeama remain one of the best player that I cherish and I respect a lot but with this decision shows his no longer the humble Vincent Enyeama I hold on high esteem. You should have apologize to Oliseh and continue with your life. You made the biggest mistake to tell the whole media what happened in the camp. The great David Beckham suffered more than this in the hands of Sir Alex Ferguson and he never open up to the media what broke his nose till date. Wish you the best my good keeper.
their ar sometimes u dont av choice than to voice out ur opinion, he has been with the team over the years so i dnt think he should be humiliated for no reason. Everyone knws the reason y he was late to the camp so no story on that, as a captain for team, i think he has some right nd duties to perform in the team but d coach did'nt give him the audience nd their came in the RIFT, so i think thats the best option for him.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Badgers14: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
kingofabia:
dude, lets b honest, GOD FORBID..if u were to bury ur mum on a weekend, wud u b in the right frame of mind for work....this guy came straight to the camp after the burial, thats to tell u how passionate he is abt Nigeria..Oliseh might regret it cos he has brought disunity to the camp....mamma diouf of stoke lost his mum and stoke gave him weeks off....so y is oliseh making so much noise abt this

My broda there is this thing called professionalism..
Even if your boss is wrong it is very unethical to argue with him toe to toe and we all know that.

Even in law court there is how you will present a case that was going your way and it goes against you..
Enyeama should have left the room out of respect for himself at least.. Then confront the coach one on one later..

Its true he buried his mother but if he and the team agreed that he would be off for a specific number of days.. Agreement is agreement and being the best player does not warrant him to flagrantly disregard the same agreement and be arrogant about it..

Enyeama playing at the highest level in French league should have known this by now, "professionalism"
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
danjaba:

This guy Enyeama dedicated his times for the Eagles. Yes, his contribution won laurels for us. But at last...
Enyeama complained about the match venue of kaduna.
Enyeama was given a query which he tore it in the presence of Nigeria football officials in kaduna. Haba!!
Enyeama withdrew his passion for the National team when Stephen Keshi was sacked.
Enyeama behaved rudely to the Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh even when he came late to the camp.
Less we forget
Oliseh won Olympic Gold medal
Oliseh scored the winning goal against Spain in France 98
Oliseh doesn't take shit from anybody when it comes to football
Oliseh threatened to deal with the minister of sports then due to his interference in the Super Eagles matters
Oliseh cried in front of millions of people when Nigeria lost to Cameroon in AFCON 2000.
Oliseh head butted his club mate in Germany.
Nigerians want a patriotic and a discipline team.
Kudos to Sunday Oliseh. Keep it up man

Abeg make he go jare
Well I feel happy someone shares my perspective. You tore the equerry given you by your boss and expect to maintain leadership of your team? One day he will organise a rebellion against the coach. Make him go joor!

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Temysteve(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
Siasia did it he met is waterlow.
Keshi did it, he met is doomed.
Oliseh, ur days ar numbered.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by hilario8898(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
fiftynaira:

No vex abeg which Spain and which Ronaldo?

Sorry! Made a mistake.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by jayuche: 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
madridguy:
Vincent Enyeama remain one of the best player that I cherish and I respect a lot but with this decision shows his no longer the humble Vincent Enyeama I hold on high esteem. You should have apologize to Oliseh and continue with your life. You made the biggest mistake to tell the whole media what happened in the camp. The great David Beckham suffered more than this in the hands of Sir Alex Ferguson and he never open up to the media what broke his nose till date. Wish you the best my good keeper.
I don't think I agree with u, Inyama should quit. Because of 2 perfomances from ikem Olisa feels he can treat this icon anyhow, well time will tell
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Badgers14: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

stop saying what you Don't know. How would you just disband a captain with him even being aware of it? and for what reason? No club manager would treat his players like this. These are adults and they demand respect as well. #fvckthegreens

E be like them just buy phone give you abi angry

Truth be told Enyeama would never try this at the club level...

There is this thing called "professionalism".. Enyeama was very unprofessional... Coaches at the club level do fine players for coming late to camp regardless of the reasons and sometimes even bench them to instill discipline in the team..
While Enyeama might have a good reason of coming late,"understably" but he shouldn't disobey the coach infront of younger colleagues... My broda if you were the coach be honest.. What will you do

Oliseh in as much as i dislike him i think he did the right thing and he is not the only coach that have done that, did you recall when Ferguson benched Rooney for Nunber of games, LVN did Rooney same .. So my broda this is professionalism, work ethics 101 ... Do not argue with your boss..

Cheerz cool
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by dckng16(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
This is what happened to this guy when he was at d peak of his playing times.

I just pray it doesn't happen to u in ur coaching career.

Cos this is not the good way to start as a National Coach. Ask keshi?

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by danjaba(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
dckng16:
The same Oliseh was so rude and very arrogant than Enyeama during his time, he even went as far as killing rashidi yekini scareer by cutting off supply of passes to him and Even formed the Mafia group in super Eagles and dictates for the coach who to play on field.
And also very rude to NFF, may be u shld ask him what NFF did to him during his playing time in super Eagles. I think Ishia Mark Aku was d NfA chairman then
Wetin u dey yarn sef?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by dckng16(m): 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
danjaba:

Wetin u dey yarn sef?
If u know what am talking about who won't quote me instead u will like my post. I don't think u know much about oliseh during his playtimes
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by foriz4u(m): 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
doctimi:
Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously as seen in his instagram post.

''I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course,I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion.henceforth,there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services.God bless NIGERIA.from HENCEFORTH,I am no more the captain of the NIGERIAN senior football team,I am no more the goalie of the team,I am out of the team.i am no more available for international duties.i want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter world wide.its been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerian are there for me and God is with me..God bless NIGERIA.#ENDOFANERA.''

https://instagram.com/p/8klzn7Tao3/?taken-by=vinny2908
His statement sounds like one who is leaving because he was reap off of his captainship ban and not because of disciplinary or misunderstanding b/w him n his boss... Vincent I like u to know that u r not d only one who have served dis nation. Besides, u didn't served, every work u did u did for money and not for free or were u not paid for the job u did? So why sounding like u worked for free! I was paid N19,800 during my NYSC as allowances and not salary so if anyone in dis county should complain it should be no other than a corper because they were not paid any for of salary but allowance. A good scholar should know the different b/w allowance and salary. So my guy don't complain ok and don't make us feel like u ve been an angel. If u so much value ur job u shld have done everything to protect it knowing its not business as usual since the new boss came in. Sorry anyway, I wish ur exit happened differently.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by mightyokwy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh wait for baptism of fire. I trust naija na, make sure you dn't lost any game.
grin cheesy
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by nifton(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
Badgers14:

My brother no cause for bashing... You yourself reason am.. You be boss one of your employees come late and you told him to leave the meeting and he refused and insisted you grant him audience.. All of these in front of junior colleagues.. Wetin u go do

Enyeama can never try that at his club, there is thing called professionalism.... Common he was the team captain..he should have obeyed the coach..
Somthing led to that,Oliseh made a statement which Enyeama wanted to respond to.Secondly,this was an exceptional case cuz by mere coming to the camp at all deserves acolade for a grieving player and shows patriotism.Throwing shades at such a player at this trying time will get him upset, it shows that Oliseh is even insensitive and not out for the well being of his players.
#Sorry for the bashing,i neva meant it that way.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by tk4rd: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
danjaba:

This guy Enyeama dedicated his times for the Eagles. Yes, his contribution won laurels for us. But at last...
Enyeama complained about the match venue of kaduna.
Enyeama was given a query which he tore it in the presence of Nigeria football officials in kaduna. Haba!!
Enyeama withdrew his passion for the National team when Stephen Keshi was sacked.
Enyeama behaved rudely to the Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh even when he came late to the camp.
Less we forget
Oliseh won Olympic Gold medal
Oliseh scored the winning goal against Spain in France 98
Oliseh doesn't take shit from anybody when it comes to football
Oliseh threatened to deal with the minister of sports then due to his interference in the Super Eagles matters
Oliseh cried in front of millions of people when Nigeria lost to Cameroon in AFCON 2000.
Oliseh head butted his club mate in Germany.
Nigerians want a patriotic and a discipline team.
Kudos to Sunday Oliseh. Keep it up man

Abeg make he go jare
Morale will be very low in today's match., unless Oliseh does something about it
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by shiinihost: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Badgers14:

E be like them just buy phone give you abi angry

Truth be told Enyeama would never try this at the club level...

There is this thing called "professionalism".. Enyeama was very unprofessional... Coaches at the club level do fine players for coming late to camp regardless of the reasons and sometimes even bench them to instill discipline in the team..
While Enyeama might have a good reason of coming late,"understably" but he shouldn't disobey the coach infront of younger colleagues... My broda if you were the coach be honest.. What will you do

Oliseh in as much as i dislike him i think he did the right thing and he is not the only coach that have done that, did you recall when Ferguson benched Rooney for Nunber of games, LVN did Rooney same .. So my broda this is professionalism, work ethics 101 ... Do not argue with your boss..

Cheerz cool

What If you the captain? You coach just disbanded you without even offering you the courtesy of a privy discussion. My brother, it doesn't happen anywhere. it's Okay If you fine and bench..... it won't be the first time enyeama is benched.

So If you were the captain and they coach calls you out and start insulting your dead mum, you would just keep mute? like for real? What oliseh done is never ever done. no coach does that whether country or club. go and read Christian chukwus opinion on this issue.

No body would care had oliseh benched enyeama. But disbanding him and installing musa? no way. who the heck is musa?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by bidexmimi(f): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Badgers14:

My broda there is this thing called professionalism..
Even if your boss is wrong it is very unethical to argue with him toe to toe and we all know that.

Even in law court there is how you will present a case that was going your way and it goes against you..
Enyeama should have left the room out of respect for himself at least.. Then confront the coach one on one later..

Its true he buried his mother but if he and the team agreed that he would be off for a specific number of days.. Agreement is agreement and being the best player does not warrant him to flagrantly disregard the same agreement and be arrogant about it..

Enyeama playing at the highest level in French league should have known this by now, "professionalism"

Bro tank you oooo...same av been tinking, ur boss wuld always be ur boss no matter wat..i c all dis as pride, dere is no big deal if ur boss corrects u on sumtin unruly..No formal organisation wuld take dat shit.. Nigerians don't like 2 be disciplined, we always want to do wateva we want..u r good doesn't make u irreplaceable...I like him bt I dislike dis attitude

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by seyesko(m): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Now i see the big difference between a coach and a manager. Coach Oliseh will end up like coach keshi for lacking the managerial aspect of coaching. #EnyeamaTrueHero#
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by nifton(m): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
foriz4u:

His statement sounds like one who is leaving because he was reap off of his captainship ban and not because of disciplinary or misunderstanding b/w him n his boss... Vincent I like u to know that u r not d only one who have served dis nation. Besides, u didn't served, every work u did u did for money and not for free or were u not paid for the job u did? So why sounding like u worked for free! I was paid N19,800 during my NYSC as allowances and not salary so if anyone in dis county should complain it should be no other than a corper because they were not paid any for of salary but allowance. A good scholar should know the different b/w allowance and salary. So my guy don't complain ok and don't make us feel like u ve been an angel. If u so much value ur job u shld have done everything to protect it knowing its not business as usual since the new boss came in. Sorry anyway, I wish ur exit happened differently.
Guy na allowance naija dey give them and not monthly salary,only when u get invited will u get the match allowance.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by kendrick9(m): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
buzquet:
So, European best Goalkeeper has quit our National team football?

This is not way to go ooo, because Enyeama is Nigeria best goalie of all time
european best keeper? fucck off.... u have no at all

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by buzquet(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
kendrick9:
european best keeper? fucck off.... u have no at all
pls tell me the best goalie in europe
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Badgers14: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

What If you the captain? You coach just disbanded you without even offering you the courtesy of a privy discussion. My brother, it doesn't happen anywhere. it's Okay If you fine and bench..... it won't be the first time enyeama is benched.

So If you were the captain and they coach calls you out and start insulting your dead mum, you would just keep mute? like for real? What oliseh done is never ever done. no coach does that whether country or club. go and read Christian chukwus opinion on this issue.

No body would care had oliseh benched enyeama. But disbanding him and installing musa? no way. who the heck is musa?

My broda, i base my response to Enyeama refusing to leave when Oliseh asked him to..
Neither of us were there .. We dont know if Oliseh announced Musa as captain right away when the incident happened or if he had a prior conversation with Enyeama about it and this all coincidentally happened within the same time frame..

But Finally my broda Enyeama would never do this at his club, he lacked displayed arrogance and lacked professionalism
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by kendrick9(m): 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
buzquet:
pls tell me the best goalie in europe
de gea,neur,courtouis etc etc..... vincent is a mediocre keeper who plays in a small club like lille in france.... he is very average.....

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by kendrick9(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
Badgers14:

My broda, i base my response to Enyeama refusing to leave when Oliseh asked him to..
Neither of us were there .. We dont know if Oliseh announced Musa as captain right away when the incident happened or if he had a prior conversation with Enyeama about it and this all coincidentally happened within the same time frame..

But Finally my broda Enyeama would never do this at his club, he lacked displayed arrogance and lacked professionalism
good riddance to enyeama imo... enyeama is very overrated anyway...

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by F22RAPTOR(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
madridguy:
this is not about pride...its about hapiness and self respect. Since Oliseh cannot show some empathy for Vincent concerning his late mother, there is no way Vincent will be comfortable in that place, it was better he left for the good of the team.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
doctimi:
Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously as seen in his instagram post.

''I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course,I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion.henceforth,there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services.God bless NIGERIA.from HENCEFORTH,I am no more the captain of the NIGERIAN senior football team,I am no more the goalie of the team,I am out of the team.i am no more available for international duties.i want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter world wide.its been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerian are there for me and God is with me..God bless NIGERIA.#ENDOFANERA.''

https://instagram.com/p/8klzn7Tao3/?taken-by=vinny2908

Good riddance, you write with pomposity.

Anyone can be replaced. Anyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 7 Most Beautiful Nigerian Sports Women / Stephen Keshi's Obituary Poster And Burial Arrangements / How To Win Sport Betting Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.