Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Which Girl Do I Decide On? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Girl Do I Decide On? (46344 Views)

Guys!!!.... Which Girl Would You Choose (photos) / Which Girl Is Prettier?(pic) / What Jealousy Made A Nigerian Girl Do To Her Boyfriend.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by amparas(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
So you get all that money u no fit empower the one with no job even small then see how it goes??
Na naija we dey oooo
Person must start somewere before e fit grow.
Job no de fall from sky
Use your head

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by DoTheNeedful: 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Acidosis:

Hmn my love for entrepreneurship is not based on financial gains but personal reasons. I'm not one of those who condemn salary jobs and at the same time I cannot stand to watch anyone condemn entrepreneurship. I'm not even an Entrepreneur, but a regular freelancer who enjoys his job, conversation with clients and relational capital.

Now to the multinational issue. All I asked is the year he finished nysc. Anyone can earn N1m monthly, but saying a fresh graduate in Nigeria earns N1m+/monthly is what I find unbelievable. You could list the average multinational oil firms who pay such.
I get you bro. He finished nysc 2 years ago form i can see in his profile. You should know that some guys earn as much in the nlgn,total and chevrons of these world and yes as fresh graduates

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by cescky(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:
I have a little problem and need some advice on it:

I've got a girl I like. We met at nysc and got along really good. Even today i still remember the first day i saw her. She studied psychology and even though I'm an engineer we could relate and talk a lot about her subject, as I read a lot and kinda have read much on psychology. After nysc we still kept in touch and continued to talk even though i never asked her out formally. Soon i got a job away from her. Our talking continued on phone.

While out of Nigeria on training, I met another lady. She's just as pretty as the other one, but has a great job and is a confident woman. The other girl is still searching for a job; and her psychology degree is no help. I have a great job myself and i earn seven digits in naira per month. The new girl also works with an oil form and earns very well. We have got along these past few months and I really have fun talking to her and hanging out.

I have always wanted an independent woman as a wife, a woman who can stand by herself and who has prospects for a huge career. I'm career-minded myself. But now, I'm really confused who to plan my life with and settle down with as a partner: this independent lady who I believe I like or the other unemployed lady who I seem to have a more relaxed, longer friendship with.

Note: I've not asked any of them out formally. Please help.

Marriage is a spiritual institution...there's more to it than, looks, carrer, not saying it insnt part.

Conclusion of the matter..ur a spirit and need ur spiritual mate, it may not be any of the two sef...take the matter to God

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by pato1(m): 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ur perplex nature is affecting other NL users...
You knw D solution to ur problem... I don't think all this advice will do u any Good ... Than D one u gv to urself...
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Drabrah(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

My friendship with the unemployed one is so unfettered and we goof around a lot. It's like two children playing in the sand, and i kinda like that. She's hoping that I'll ask her out formally, but i don't like her unemployed situation.

My friendship with the independent one is kinda rigid and formal. We talk, gist, go to dinner dates, but hardly joke around. We do joke around sometimes though.

And it seems i want what both of them have: i want the freedom i get with the other lady and the independence i get with the other

Few questions 4 u.
1. Wot is more important to you: dat she's working class or dat she makes u happy & has enof time 4 u & ur kids?
2. If u marry do carrier woman& she losses her job afta marriage, are u gonna divorce her?
3. If she's so committed 2 her work, bcoms' Oga@dTop' & has no time 4 u, ll u b satisfied so long she wudn't be liability 2 u?
We av diff reasons y we marry, but 4 me, my Nö1 priority is my family. Even tho I do not earn '7 digits in naira' all I want in a woman is 4 her to be arnd wen I combak frm work, to be there 4 my kids & give dem bud upbringing & to always be d No 1 reason I don't wanna stay late@work.
Guy, I'll advise u to watch do movie 'MR & MRS' if u've not.

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by vjsmiles: 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
ivyy:

How have you been? cheesy
angry
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Greatfes17: 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
The one you met recently may still stand the test of time to be proven a match with the former.

I would have asked you to go for the psycologist BUT...
I don't know her too well as you know both.
Hence, the choice is yours.
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Fourwinds: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
ststyreal:

Men sef with their tight hand. U don't want to spend on a woman hence ur search for an independent woman, smmhhhhh. Who told u that there is a permanent condition in life? Huh, u better pray to God to give u a good wife, rather than using career whatever as your yardstick. Career ko, career nii, by d way, are u not meant to take care of ur wife? What happens to the children when both of u want to start ur family on career level. Can't u set up ur wife in any business of her choice so as to create time for the children? Think deeply.
good responds from a lady
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by EbonyQueen001(f): 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

Even if you haven't asked a lady out yet, you know pretty well where your dice will fall. I know for sure they both want to date me. I have no doubts about that. Besides, I have had a very good chance to observe all these things i mentioned about them close up.

Young man, do not confuse yourself please. Since you crave the freedom to be yourself without appearing formal all the time and also desire an independent lady, do something about it. No one said you can't have them both. If the unemployed state of the first lady is the hinderance, then, set her up in a lucrative business of her choice. Not all graduates are destined to have a white collar job. That way, if you decide to marry her and the children starts coming, she will still have time for you and the children. The decision rest solely on you. Goodluck to you! 8-) 8-)
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by advocates: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
What more can a man ask for but a woman he's relaxed with and comfortable with. If you ask me, that's priceless. Op, you must pick between a predictable (jobless) psychologist and the unpredictable(employed) career Lady. Is you choice. If securing your financial future is more important to you then go for it. But if a more relaxed affairs matters, do as you please.

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by babysophie(f): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:
Hmm...
You are right. I'm actually more smitten by the unemployed lady. But i dont like her unemployed situation. And she also comes off as not so independent. The other lady is as pretty, way more independent (perhaps totally), holds her on and carries herself well. She has most things I've fantasized about my woman having, only my relationship with her is not as boundless as what i have with the unemployed lady.
I believe i can comfortably take care of the home with the unemployed one. However, i don't like her unemployed situation one bit.
If d unemployed becomes employed she l nt v tym to goof arnd wif u anymore.

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Bowwow11(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
U just said it all dat u ar career minded person if i where to jurdge u 4rm dis den i tink ur mind is already on d other lady dat is workin in oil firm bt dat oda lady u meet while during ur NYSC days might just b a wife material because she alreday kn u while u ar noting, nd nt dis present lady dat meet u, while u ar already made beside wat gave u d assurance dat is nt ur present status dat make dis lady to be ur friend or while u ar in d Camp do u tink dat a lady dat is workin in an oil firm can make u her friend? guy d yam nd d knife is wt u already just make ur choice nd follow ur mind. I av advice u just as i can do to mine own broda nd friend all d best man!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by ivyy(f): 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
vjsmiles:
angry

You have started grin

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Acidosis(m): 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
DoTheNeedful:

I get you bro. He finished nysc 2 years ago form i can see in his profile. You should know that some guys earn as much in the nlgn,total and chevrons of these world and yes as fresh graduates
Hmn, I'm inspired.

Meaning I have to work harder cheesy

btw, some of these guys who get such jobs schooled abroad; they actually deserve it given the millions they pay as school levy. Others are just lucky while some earn excellent grades from school.

Just wondering though, why is he bothered about marriage? For someone who completed nysc barely 2 years ago?
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

I've got a girl I like. We met at nysc and got along really good. Even today i still remember the first day i saw her. She studied psychology and even though I'm an engineer we could relate and talk a lot about her subject, as I read a lot and kinda have read much on psychology. After nysc we still kept in touch and continued to talk even though i never asked her out formally. Soon i got a job away from her. Our talking continued on phone.

While out of Nigeria on training, I met another lady. She's just as pretty as the other one, but has a great job and is a confident woman. The other girl is still searching for a job; and her psychology degree is no help. I have a great job myself and i earn seven digits in naira per month. The new girl also works with an oil form and earns very well. We have got along these past few months and I really have fun talking to her and hanging out.

I have always wanted an independent woman as a wife, a woman who can stand by herself and who has prospects for a huge career. I'm career-minded myself. But now, I'm really confused who to plan my life with and settle down with as a partner: this independent lady who I believe I like or the other unemployed lady who I seem to have a more relaxed, longer friendship with.

at your age you still don't know what you want undecided

You want independent woman and still confused.

MARRIED a mad woman then angry

What such of RUBBISH is this!
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

My friendship with the unemployed one is so unfettered and we goof around a lot. It's like two children playing in the sand, and i kinda like that. She's hoping that I'll ask her out formally, but i don't like her unemployed situation.

My friendship with the independent one is kinda rigid and formal. We talk, gist, go to dinner dates, but hardly joke around. We do joke around sometimes though.

And it seems i want what both of them have: i want the freedom i get with the other lady and the independence i get with the other

Date both of them and marry them both or date them, marry one and make one a side chick. If miss psychology becomes your missus in a long distance relationship, you might need miss engineer especially when you guys are posted offshore. Wouldn't you like to experience the wonders of smooching and shooting dem paps in the middle of the ocean?

On a serious note, miss psychology is your woman right there. Miss engineer is just a work colleague. She might not even like you if it went beyond professional conversations.

You are worried about your psychology friend cos she has no job yet, if you like her very much, you can support her and help her reach her potentials.

So many guys in Nigeria are on 5 digits a month yet they are happy in beautiful relationships. You are on 7 and her jobless status shouldn't be a big deal. If she joins you wherever you are at the moment, her situation might change.

Summary, start something with miss psychology and put a ring on her finger before I meet her. She'll take care of your home better. you don't expect your female work mate to cook and do other domestic stuffs in the house when both of you get home. She might even be promoted ahead of you and become your boss.

I wouldn't like to hear that a Naija man battered and butchered his wife who was his boss in an oil company.
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Ndubuisioma(m): 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
Bro, you earn a seven digit salary, and you seem to really like the unemployed one. Guess what am trying to say is that instead of waiting for her to be employed, why don't you think about setting up something for her. It will further strengthen the bond between you two.
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by amanikondo: 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

Just be like me, follow established independent lady if you think you can build a good relationship together. Lady leaves a guy for a better guy grin grin grin. Do the same. Thank me later.
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by ststyreal(f): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
sugah:

Typical female response. Emotional and sentimental.

Finances are a major problem in marriages my dear..many people go into marriage without thinking of their financial state because they think 'love conquers all', 3 years down the line when hunger has thrown the love out of the window the marriage ends in a divorce.

So let lookingbouy be a 'man' trying to make an all round decision for the future.
Which kain finance b major problem for marriage? Isn't it d responsibility of d man to take care of his family? Yes, d woman should try to contribute to the growth of d family but it isn't her responsibility to cater for d family with her money, rather she can only support when there is need for it.
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by teryorluv(f): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

Hmmm... good advice. Thanks. But if the other one remains unemployed, I wouldn't like that.
U can get a job for her or she should start a business with your help.... To b independent, one have to start from somewhere. But from the look of things, u don't knw exactly what u want sorry to say... You can't be in love with two people at the same time. My advice is, calm down, think of what u actually want in a woman and go for your choice
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by vjsmiles: 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
ivyy:

You have started grin
[size=14pt] no emails.... Nothing angry

Eh? [/size]
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ndubuisioma:
Bro, you earn a seven digit salary, and you seem to really like the unemployed one. Guess what am trying to say is that instead of waiting for her to be employed, why don't you think about setting up something for her. It will further strengthen the bond between you two.

What if his hands are tougher than super glue or gorilla cement?

What if he thinks that psychology is below par?
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Toks2008(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

The embolden states it all.
Marrying a friend is the best decision anyone will ever make.

In my opinion,all the talks of what a certain lady earns or the work she does is inconsequential in the issue of marriage and this is why we have many unhappy ladies and guys in matrimony today because they married for the wrong reasons.

A typical naija girl will rather say i do to a man she does not have a connection with simply because of the financial security the guy offers and here for the first time im seeing a guy trying to juxtapose the career of a lady with his choice of wife.

I will stop here.

2 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by skyisthelimit(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
Did u say u met the psychology graduate during nysc?..u were also unemployed then but u became great friends..that silent voice is telling u the truth but men that we are..just free two of them for now to ease your situation..distract yourself...let me ask u even,do u think d new chic would have been your friend if not for your present status?..stop feeling inferior..guy enjoy your life,no time..life don't even have no guarntees.

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by ayoniakins(f): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
Consider these.....

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof is the way of destruction.....
For my thought are not your thought nighter are my ways ur ways......
For we walk by faith and not by sight....
.....the Just shall live by Faith!

:-Xam sorry, that's what i cn offer....
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by kpolli(m): 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

Question answered
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Simplymeah: 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
I can c dat d OP is more concerned abt money rather than d kind of home he wants. Dis jobless lady can not remain so 4lyf n bsides wat happened setting up a biz 4 her sinc u r financially capabl. If she doin her own biz,den u'll always av sum1 2 tak kia of ur home - bt wen u r a 'career man' n wifey a career woman... shocked

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by MacDanielz(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
ivyy:
Pointless asking a bunch of strangers to advice you on stuffs like this. I mean cmon we don't know these girls personally. You know what you want. Figure it out.
It'd actually mean NLs are senseless if u n I are the only persons with this POV.........Tanx for typing wht I'd av typed, u saved me my time
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
The fact that the first lady is still searching for a job is not enough to inform your decision to leave her and go with the other lady. As long as you both are intellectually compatible, and she is trying to get a job, I don't see the issue there.

On the flip side, the fact that the second lady is a career woman shouldn't be enough to make you date or marry her. Common! Is that all that matters to you in your choice of a life partner?

With respect to both of them, have you asked yourself if their values allign with yours? Have you asked which of them will help you fulfil your destiny? Which is a nurturer? Which will submit to you? Which will make your home a safe haven from all the craziness in the world? Which are you compatible with, spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and otherwise? Which do you feel more at peace with?

The above questions should help you decide.

Good luck.

-------------
As an aside, ladies, please don't put your life on hold for a guy that hasn't asked you out oh...that hasn't expressed his intention to be committed to you. Don't shoo off other suitors till that brother ministers expressly to you. Don't assume that because he has been asking you 'have you eaten?' for the past one year, it means he's all yours. Be guided. You know why.

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by flywheelz(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
This is where people all get it wrong because she doesnt have a good job you are now considering hər as a lesser option one thing you should'nt forget is that no one knows tomorrow and because she does'nt have a job today does'nt mean she cant Be your Boss tomorrow or Be the one to sign your pay check.
My last punch never underestimate anybody because no one knows tomorrow its jst today you know about.
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Am danm single too,... I think is a time of tyier & sacrifice,..u will n't the real one who luvs u most until u test both becoz i believes with & without Job miss phycology will still luv u,.I meant d other one when u are current working then count ur teenth with ur tongue
Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Tcapello: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
listen bro, marriage its no child's play, the most important thing u need in it its happiness.. to me I would suggest u make a move by asking each out based on ur location, cos as u are understuding them another sharp guy is always watching from somewhere. if I were in ur position I will go for d one u met in Nysc, she loved u even when d future looked bleak, more so her unemployment its not a stink on her, change her status no matter small, set up a lil biz like salon not really her making ppls hair but can employ others. blv me at a point in marriage it can become so boring DAT u need such a rib cracker to elevate ur mood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Most Romantic Thing Your Partner Has Ever Said To You. / 5 Reasons The Hottest Girls In Lagos Are Still Single / Moment A Nairalander Proposed To His Long Time Girlfriend (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.