Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. (66804 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites
and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.

1219 Likes 199 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thanks a lot for sharing Op. In Unity we stand... The CHANGE we crave for begins with us....

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
shaqhead:

I think the OP made it quite clear that though Nigeria may not be one but the division isnt along ethnic and religious lines in the sense that the struggling common man doesnt have d tym for bigotry and even when u c him exhibiting such it is because he is a victim of the circumstance created by the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo elites!

Yes, the tales we have been fed on are tales of wickedness of one tribe against the other but are there also tales like this where some have risen above such base instincts? Of course, I can tell u a tale of a neighbor- an Igbo lady who was hidden in a mosque 4 3wks in a crises in Jos by her muslim friend family. I wont deny examples of other gruesome acts but like Chimamanda in her wisdom posited, there is grave danger is a single narrative!

If we fall for this trap of bigotry that I see many youths fallin for especially on Nland, we take our eyes off the elites' ills and we carnibalise each other! We lose, they Win!

What @Obsequious said is so true,we need to look at such ignoble acts that accentuate our difference on a case by case basis.

@Thebachelor..thanks for sharing this and for mogidi...u need to grow up!

120 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by T4taiwo(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
Touching...people that spread hatred to devide us along ethnicity and tribalism,should prepare for the consequence.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by walanter(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmmm
Wat now should I call buhari ...or apc chairman for dis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by damton(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
Until we unite in our ambitions and goals, Nigeria might not get to the promise land. in the words of the vice president. "POVERTY DOES NOT RECOGNIZE TRIBE OR RELIGION"

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by raymondzack: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
What of those killing others all in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Elzends(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
A rare act of kindness, God bless the hausa Okada rider shaa

But dear op

U can't just jump into needless conclusion becos of that.....

Lemme comment no further shaa...

14 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by missKiffy(f): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
I don't judge people based on tribe and religion

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
The greedy politicians have succeeded in damaging the unity in this land. It will take more than an Okada rider to restore.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Mogidi: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

Lets get this straight, because okada man carried you for free means there's no tribalism in Nigeria?

I would have taken you serious if you were posting this from boko haram stronghold of Gwoza or Maiduguri.

"No Surrender" to Hausa/Fulani, never.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
That's what I tell them too but politics and religion won't make them listen. Its all down to the personality. If U see a pastor carrying gun or taking your wife grin, don't say that's how Christians do, he's only a bad Christian. If you see an Alfa using meat to do sacrifice and all other things U believe that is too big for my mouth to say, they are nothing too but bad Muslims.

One Nigeria!

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Samguine: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
The level of tribalism and hatred for other tribes and ethnic groups in this country is mind-boggling. The ones displayed on Nairaland are worse. You see supposedly educated Nigerians spewing trash and insulting other tribes and other religion. It is very bad. The poor hate the rich. The Igbos hate the Hausas. Itsekiris hate the Urhobos, Christians hate the Muslims and vice versa. When Jesus Christ instructed us to love our neighbors, He knew what He was saying. This is because only Love for one another can take this country forward. Only love for the next person can make you grow. Only love for that man or woman, whether Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa, Idoma, Itsekiri or Nupe can make Nigeria better. One love, will keep us together.

It starts with you, it starts with me.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
The Hausa guy is BIG HEARTED so rare to see such around these days

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
ok
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Demmzy15(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
grin
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Xtracoool(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
OP nice story. But let me quickly point out that this story cannot be related to the tribal and ethnic divisions in this country.
You see, OP, you simply stopped a good man (The second bike man). That was it, nothing else. I have seen an igbo man turn on a fellow igbo man; a yoruba turn on his tribesman.

It's a touching story tho.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Truckpusher(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
modelmike7:
Thanks a lot for sharing Op. In Unity we stand.
Unity without a purpose is a doomed unity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by kokoye(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
I stopped commenting on Nairaland (don't ask why) but this thread deserves to be appreciated.

@ op, thank you

30 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by omusiliyu(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Some people are like that.
Just to proof to some that not all Hausas are Shekau.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by walanter(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
G be the reason
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by GreyBlood: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Oceemo(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Tribal bigot ofcus we know their region but am surprise y yoruba and igbos are alws on loga head then leaving hausa as the men on top y they battle for d second place. I believe if igbo wants 2 do better d should grow some sense and come in unity so as 2 win d seat of power in this great nation if not the level u guys are now I tell ya nothing for una oo.

@op tanks jare we are all one imagine claiming 2 b wise but u are loosing in all ramifications haba u no go plan another strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by mysyto(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Good..
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Dottune(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Very true.... Hausas to me are the nicest tribe in Nigeria.

I remember a story one of my Big bros told me when he went over there for his service. He and his friend went to their market, he wanted to buy potatoes of N200 worth, when they got there to buy it was like half a bag for that amount and they felt it was too much and tried to buy just N50 worth. The Hausa man selling it said it isn't possible, but instead he gave them for free. They are very kind....

The only thing I think is wrong with Majority of Hausas is "Ignorance", that's where the issue of education sets in, because they can easily be brainwashed into believing crap.

Western Education should go along with their Islamic Education

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by dailynaijanews(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Exactly, Nigeria is really not divided along ethnic lines, that why you see a chukwudi44 supporting Saraki

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by shogosco: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
AND?

Anyway, was the first bike man a christian?

if no ...it's normal

Cuz they were brothers!

[size=30pt]grin grin grin[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by ChiSun27(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
This is the kind of news I love reading..... cool

OP....take one bottle of origin cool your nerves...pls, don't worry about the bills.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by jaey(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Our diversity makes us stronger.

That's why in a bunch of broom sticks not all sticks are of the same length and width but they all perform one job beautifully well.

Nigeria can make it as ONE despite all the negative vibes being released by our different tribal group(just now the Yoruba's are threatening to secede again).

One people, Great nation.

I believe in NIGERIA

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by funmilade4real(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
United we stand

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.