Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign (41317 Views)

"Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by shut(f): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

Y do people keep bring up Day care when the 1st issue is about Parental care..

How would u feel ur neigbour is been referred to Mummy by ur kids nd you become Aunty...

Day care, I didn't say neighbor care.
So if parents work all day and their kids are kept busy all day too and they reunite during the eve and enjoy their family time,you still ain't call that parental care or whatever ?
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by harry509: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

Sure day care would be ideal if they come in on time, but parents who come in by 11pm, will the Day care be open till then nd most importantly kids need parental grooming.

How would u feel taking ur child to day care, on getting there he/she calls out on a staff Daddy...
hmmmmmM! It's only in nigeria u see dis..... Me y wat kind of work n nigeria parent's wil work till 11pm? undecided I doubt. Evritn is all abt planning
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by ghetto101(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2015
It's some they have to seat down and talk about,in my own opinion the man should resign but not to seat at home,they can open a business close to the house that way the man will have flexible time. he can take the children to school and pick them up after also do some other things.

menix:
On my way home but this topic came up.

This family have got 2 kids and the kids lack parental care because the man and wife come in late.

The issue of Nanny is out of the option because they don't trust nannies and someone must resign to take care of the kids..

The problem here is that the wife earns four times(400%) the man's salary and the ladies salary goes a long way to sort the family expenses.

Please who do you advise to resign.
Should the man become a house husband

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Godyke(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2015
Both of them should retain their jobs. But should be ready to be taking the kids with them to work plase as well. Each person with their own share of the kids
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2015
mbulela:

Every argument must not be settled by this your entrepreneurial epistle. Have you checked the entrepreneur success rate in our clime? Na dem borrow money from paid folks pass. Entrepreneurship is not a bullet for all crimes. Try and be a bit more open minded. Paid employment is not a crime irrespective of what all those motivational speakers tell you.
ok good...I don't listen to motivational speakers, they speak to make money juSt like pastors who move people with their words hence...more money.
Any entrepreneur who borrows money isn't a good planner, I'm still an undergraduate but an entrepreneur...my elder sis runs a blooming business, her masters and a paid job. it takes a great employee to be a good employer/entrepreneur...you don't jez run into a business and start borrowing, you raise your capital and plan for both gain and loss...that's business.
That's the reason my advice was based on both not quitting "just yet" but to raise capital. Myles munroe once said..."sell what sells and you'll make money" now what sells is usually based on your environment. in the north you see hausa men like ten on the same street selling the same things but they still make their money, why...they sell what sells. Even I myself would love to be an employee after I graduate...to pursue a career but it won't stop my being an entrepreneur.

P.S: we have the same views on the so called motivational speakers.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2015
justcallbuki:
inspiration fm is on the issue now and have also watch a yoruba film like dt..... All in all the wife shd b the 1 to resign,cos the role of a man in the huz can't never be over emphasize,a woman without a job is still better than a man without job.......if the woman is the breadwinner she will unknowinling rub it on the husband face.

Or maybe the husband will get so insecure he will unknowingly get his ego bruised undecided
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by marischerry(f): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2015
[center][/center][color=#000099][/color]let d man resign
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2015
janejive:
The woman should save up and open a good business, den resign, her time will be at her beck and call, the man shld continue working.

Has it occurred to you that not every woman wants to run a business?
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Tonymic4life(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2015
just finished watching a nolllywood movie wit dis as a major factor. u don copy abi ;Djust finished watching a nolllywood movie wit dis as a major factor. u don copy abi
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by ojeota(f): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
sonofananimal:
come keep it shut undecided

unlearned WOMAN

*ignored*
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by kandiikane(m): 10:41am On Oct 10, 2015
How is this even up for discussion? The wife must resign? You guys must be high on some stup!d shyt. Mek the man resign joor, open a business and look after his kids.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by hustla(m): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2015
They could both put money together and start a business for the husband
A very good one at that, while he looks for another job that is not as demanding, say working in the Ministry or smething
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by daniel56(m): 11:13am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

This family have got 2 kids and the kids lack parental care because the man and wife come in late.

The issue of Nanny is out of the option because they don't trust nannies and someone must resign to take care of the kids..

The problem here is that the wife earns four times(400%) the man's salary and the ladies salary goes a long way to sort the family expenses.

D woman should resign and start a business, d woman can keep d house or destroy d family plan, d man is d head of d house, no amount if salary is small, only management. If d man is not working and coming home is money is not a man. D children need there mother more than father.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2015
justcallbuki:
inspiration fm is on the issue now and have also watch a yoruba film like dt..... All in all the wife shd b the 1 to resign,cos the role of a man in the huz can't never be over emphasize,a woman without a job is still better than a man without job.......if the woman is the breadwinner she will unknowinling rub it on the husband face.

this is the most sexist comment i've ever read in my entire life, and it came from a female!

fuckit, and here i am -a feminist advocating for equal rights for females. shame on you.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by tmosco(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2015
If I was then man I will resign and take care of my kids. If my wife doesn't respect me then I will know how shallow she is and treat her so. Will also use that period to learn some other computer skills. These are my kids not another's will sacrifice my career and possible emasculation for them.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by miqos02(m): 11:53am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

Are u saying day care operates till 11pm..

Do u know it's a sin for a man not to provide for his family?
The Bible says such man is more than an Infidel.
u are wrong, the bible passage u referred to did not mentioned man,

1 Timothy 5:8 KJV: But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. .

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by miqos02(m): 11:55am On Oct 10, 2015
yomi007k:

Which part of the bible , oga
don't mind him, the bible passage did not mentioned man

1 Timothy 5:8 KJV: But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. .
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by erumena(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

I think the husband should resign. Both of them should turn the situation to their advantage.

With financial support from the wife and the extra time the man has, he should start going into personal business,
for example; exportation or importation business, agrobusiness etc.

He can start by going for training and workshops and try to develop skills in the line of whichever business he chooses.

This is a very sensitive period in their Family life, it can break or make the Family.
The wife should be really careful in dealing with the husband and be ready to support him as he finds his feet. Starting a new business isn't easy.

He as a man should also be ready to endure and tolerate a lot awkward situations.

Once he can scale through the first two years of the situation, himself and his Family will be the better for it.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by menix(m): 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
miqos02:

If the bible told us eve was sent as man's helper, the man certainly is the boss, who does the major work while he get assistant from his wife..

So it's the man's function to provide for his home..

The truth be told, it's only A lazy man that allows his wife cater for the family..

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
Both the father and mother have equal responsibility over their children. Agreed, childrearing absentees can breed disfunctional children but so does poverty. You cannot put your kids through that.They will be the ones to curse you and move out of the home before they clock 18. In nigeria, the most important decision you can make for your kids is to secure a good future for them so they have what to fall back on when things get tough given the increasing number of joblessness. I will not advise any of them to quit their jobs except one of them has an alternate option that will create more time for the kids while he/she retains his/her 'life' outside the home.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by menix(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
erumena:

I think the husband should resign. Both of them should turn the situation to their advantage.

With financial support from the wife and the extra time the man has, he should start going into personal business,
for example; exportation or importation business, agrobusiness etc.

He can start by going for training and workshops and try to develop skills in the line of whichever business he chooses.

This is a very sensitive period in their Family life, it can break or make the Family.
The wife should be really careful in dealing with the husband and be ready to support him as he finds his feet. Starting a new business isn't easy.

He as a man should also be ready to endure and tolerate a lot awkward situations.

Once he can scale through the first two years of the situation, himself and his Family will be the better for it.

What is it with nairalander advising every d1ck nd Onyema to go into business..

Is every human cut out for business, if u know how much I will personally luv to do business but am restrained by nature.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by shut(f): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Owliver:
be like you like laugh. ndo

cheesy cheesy
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by shut(f): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Owliver:
looooool* see as e sweet for ur mouth. if you love me more than money you will quit that job mayb after establishing something good. money ain everything

But you know we both need the money wink
Remember I said there would be no problem with me quitting if his little income could foot our bills and extra expenses but when it can't, dude will gotta quit Cus our well-being is important than whatever pride or ego of his cool
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by mechanics(m): 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmm, d man is d breadwinner of d house so he must nt resign, it can b worked out by both nt resigning, my parents were both civil servants wen i and my siblings were stil young and dey were able to cope, dey can engage d services of a maid and both can take a break 4rm wrk to see hw dey do 4rm time to time.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by shut(f): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
miqos02:

Thank you love, I dunno why they all twisting things and making it seem like ladies are less human.

What's wrong if she's the top earner?
Mark my words, "any man intimidated by a lady's ability,influence and success,is a disgrace to the human race"
It's pathetic most Nairaland males are less of a man. sad
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Bibors(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
All I can say is that I love you for your sense and wisdom.
Funny Hw pple say the man should abdicate his role as the Man of the house and resign because of money.
As long as it's a paid job they can loose their jobs at any time.
justcallbuki:

1 Like

Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by Damianbrown(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
The man shouldn't resign the woman should,Cuz i believe men are the head of the family and are supose to take care of the needs of the home
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by miqos02(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
menix:

If the bible told us eve was sent as man's helper, the man certainly is the boss, who does the major work while he get assistant from his wife..

So it's the man's function to provide for his home..

The truth be told, it's only A lazy man that allows his wife cater for the family..
yes i agree with you, but that bible passage was not reffering to man alone
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by mrwash(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
Papa resign straight up! No time.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by realtheo: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
A man should remain a man no matter the little pay he earns,he needs to work....,the woman wit higher income rather doesn't need to quit her job...let the woman carry the baby to work or take d baby to day care
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by megley(f): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
Its the woman's duty 2look after the children. But since working is all about the money & the woman earns more, then the man may consider resigning. Probably start up a biz dats less time consuming.

Alternatively, they should consider getting a nanny. Its a gamble I agree, but they may just be lucky to get a good one. Day-care is another option.
Re: His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign by inimitkel(m): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
There's got to be an alternative cos clearly neither of the two should resign

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Chike Eze Threatens To Kill His Wife Racheal If Court Doesn't Give Him A Divorce / Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.