Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? (4549 Views)

Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) / NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by hahn(m): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2015
Of all the stories in the bible, the story of Noah and his ark has to be the most compelling and also the most probable to have left evidence. However, the ark has never been found despite the fact that it was big enough to contain all the animals in the world.

Christians, do you have any explanation for this?
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Tallesty1(m): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2015
hahn:
Of all the stories in the bible, the story of Noah and his ark has to be the most compelling and also the most probable to have left evidence. However, the ark has never been found despite the fact that it was big enough to contain all the animals in the world.

Hope you're not losing sleep over this?

2 Likes

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Lilimax(f): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2015
Oya, carry your mattock, spade, shovel, digger and the likes and begin the exploration
of locating Noah's ark.
Who knows, your name may enter into the Guinness Book of Records smiley
I wish you success on your voyage.

5 Likes

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by donTbone(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2015
Am not gonna antagonize you, just ask some questions.

How do you expect an ARK 6,375 feet above sea level be found?
More over, google search Mount Ararat, maybe you gonna get your answer.

Mind you, you might be the best in the Guiness book of record if you can kindly digit up! tongue

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by hahn(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2015
Tallesty1:
Hope you're not losing sleep over this?

It's rude to answer a question with a question. Does your bible teach you manners at all?

2 Likes

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2015
The explanation is simple, it's lost. Just cuz we can't find doesn't mean it doesn't exist, similarly we can't find thousands of ships and planes but we no they exist. I personally believe it's most likely in the depths of the oceans.

3 Likes

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by truthman2012(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2015
The ark was made of wood. How long does wood last?

1 Like

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Mynd44: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2015
donTbone:
Am not gonna antagonize you, just ask some questions.

How do you expect an ARK 6,375 feet above sea level be found?
More over, google search Mount Ararat, maybe you gonna get your answer.

Mind you, you might be the best in the Guiness book of record if you can kindly digit up! tongue
6,375 feet is not that high so please that is no excuse.

@OP, The Bible was clear that the ark was made of wood. Decay maybe? The ark was immersed in water for days and I doubt anyone took care to preserve it since then.

This is more logical

1 Like

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Mynd44: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2015
truthman2012:
The ark was made of wood. How long does wood last?
Sometime you cant help buy marvel at the logic of people

1 Like

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Tallesty1(m): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2015
hahn:

It's rude to answer a question with a question. Does your bible teach you manners at all?
I am not trying to answer your questions, I am just trying to let you know that there are more important things to worry your head with.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/470/noah-s-ark-has-been-found-why-are-they-keeping-us-in-the-dark-

It is a good read.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by hahn(m): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2015
Mynd44:

@OP, The Bible was clear that the ark was made of wood. Decay maybe? The ark was immersed in water for days and I doubt anyone took care to preserve it since then.

This is more logical

Finally, someone that uses his brain.

It's a logical explanation but that doesn't manke the story true especially when you consier the origin of the story.

Thanks for your input
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by donTbone(m): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2015
Mynd44:

This is more logical
If its not, then I wonder why no one is yet to made the move to start digging! undecided
What God made doesn't decay, if it does, the stone in the forehead of Goliath would av removed!
angry
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Mynd44: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2015
donTbone:

If its not, then I wonder why no one is yet to made the move to start digging! undecided
What God made doesn't decay, if it does, the stone in the forehead of Goliath would av removed!
angry
I don't know what brand of the Bible you have been reading but the Bible I know said Noah built the ark. God only locked it

1 Like

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by donTbone(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2015
Mynd44:

I don't know what brand of the Bible you have been reading but the Bible I know said Noah built the ark. God only locked it
Mtchewwwww... am I to make a special reference to that? God only used Noah in the building!
The ark is still God's. Who gave him the measurements in cubits?
#swerveAsideAbeg undecided
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by johnydon22(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2015
Don't know what you all are yapping over... The biblical Noah myth is just a young copy of an older flood tale found in the epic of Gilgamesh..

When will you all stop peddling unfounded Semitic mythology... habaaa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by menesheh(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2015
hahn:

Even if Noah’s story is real, wood cannot be fossilize taking into account the number of years that is involved.

Noah story is a bogus one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by hahn(m): 10:00am On Oct 09, 2015
menesheh:

Even if Noah’s story is real, wood cannot be fossilize taking into account the number of years that is involved.

Noah story is a bogus one.

Yeah, I know that. I'm just having fun. Can't you see how quick Christians are to defend a fable? tongue

1 Like

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by menesheh(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2015
Richirich713:
The explanation is simple, it's lost. Just cuz we can't find doesn't mean it doesn't exist, similarly we can't find thousands of ships and planes but we no they exist. I personally believe it's most likely in the depths of the oceans.

The problem is not about the possibility of a ship existing, it is about those unfounded events attached to such ship.
- god commanded a man to build a ship.
- 40 days rain
- flood
-ship containing all species animals.
-god saved a family. Biased and prejudiced god.

And numerous other non-evidential accounts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by hahn(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Don't know what you all are yapping over... The biblical Noah myth is just a young copy of an older flood tale found in the epic of Gilgamesh..

When will you all stop peddling unfounded Semitic mythology... habaaa

Lol. By the way these Christians defend their fables, they make it seem like being stupid is an achievement

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by johnydon22(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2015
hahn:

Lol. By the way these Christians defend their fables, they make it seem like being stupid is an achievement

The worst of it is that they are Africans. . if they were championing African lores and myths to the world thats fine but Semitic myths? .... seriously?

If the missionaries reworked and brought Greek myth here, these ones would swear Perseus really had a flying horse..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by kevoh(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2015
johnydon22:

If the missionaries reworked and brought Greek myth here, these ones would swear Perseus really had a flying horse..
Greek myths are less boring though compared to the Jewish myths #justsaying
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by hahn(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2015
johnydon22:

The worst of it is that they are Africans. . if they were championing African lores and myths to the world thats fine but Semitic myths? .... seriously?

Blame the dumb dumb that thought it is wiser to teach religion instead of history in our schools
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 09, 2015
We also need the tombs of the kings of Israel. None has been discovered so far. At least the tomb of David the great great ancestor of Jesus should be the first thing found.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by johnydon22(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2015
hahn:

Blame the dumb dumb that thought it is wiser to teach religion instead of history in our schools

You can imagine . . . Nigerian school curriculum is nonsensical. . The American civil war is being taught in American schools as part of history but Nigerian civil war is swept under the carpet.

I don't even know if history is part of our Curriculum it has been replaced not even with African traditional religion but some borrowed foreign religions Islam and Christianity.

Our government and education ministry is outrightly idiotic... some bunch of retards..

History (African History mainly) should be taught in school not helping churches and mosques indoctrinate children more into some absurd beliefs.

School should teach children not retard them more ...

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by johnydon22(m): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2015
kevoh:

Greek myths are less boring though compared to the Jewish myths #justsaying

I agree with you, the greeks are unmatched in eloquence and imaginative constructiveness of colourful myths.

their proficiency in poetic literature and outstanding storylines is very wonderful.

I enjoy Egyptian myths too, Sumerian myths are well written too, i love the names Enkidu, Aridu, Humbaba, it almost sounds African..

African myths are wonderfully colourful too, imaginatively sound and morally useful too..

These myths are relics of the ancient world, they should be taught and enjoyed as myths and legends that they are not taught and believed as truth as many has been made to believe ...

Its quite sad seeing Africans who are ignorant of their own local legends and myths here dragging over foreign myths.. Jewish and Arabic mythology..

its just too sad... We are free from colonial masters but still attached to them psychological through their greatest weapon.. Murder of our own religion and replace it with theirs

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by kevoh(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2015
johnydon22:

African myths are wonderfully colourful too, imaginatively sound and morally useful too..

Its quite sad seeing Africans who are ignorant of their own local legends and myths here dragging over foreign myths.. Jewish and Arabic mythology..

its just too sad... We are free from colonial masters but still attached to them psychological through their greatest weapon.. Murder of our own religion and replace it with theirs

Would love to see various African myths well represented in Animations and action Movies. The few that have been made are not even getting the necessary airplay/viewership.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by RiloKiley: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2015
By my understanding the Ark was made of wood and soaked in water for 40days and was made over 4000 years ago. It ought to have decayed away by now or at worst destroyed for firewood by the new families, don't u think so?
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by RiloKiley: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2015
Oops. Wrong gathering.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by johnydon22(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
kevoh:

Would love to see various African myths well represented in Animations and action Movies. The few that have been made are not even getting the necessary airplay/viewership.
would need a research partner to research and probably write a book on some African historical antiquities, religion and myths...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
johnydon22:

You can imagine . . . Nigerian school curriculum is nonsensical. . The American civil war is being taught in American schools as part of history but Nigerian civil war is swept under the carpet.

I don't even know if history is part of our Curriculum it has been replaced not even with African traditional religion but some borrowed foreign religions Islam and Christianity.

Our government and education ministry is outrightly idiotic... some bunch of retards..

History (African History mainly) should be taught in school not helping churches and mosques indoctrinate children more into some absurd beliefs.

School should teach children not retard them more ...

End of story. Seriously, this society is a huge hindrance to its people's growth and development.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
menesheh:

The problem is not about the possibility of a ship existing, it is about those unfounded events attached to such ship.
- god commanded a man to build a ship.
- 40 days rain
- flood
-ship containing all species animals.
-god saved a family. Biased and prejudiced god.

And numerous other non-evidential accounts.

Actually there is evidence for the flood, such as the billions of dead plants and animals buried and fossilized in sand, mud etc
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by menesheh(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Richirich713:

Actually there is evidence for the flood, such as the billions of dead plants and animals buried and fossilized in sand, mud etc

grin

if you know the nature of evidence or what is really an evidence, you wouldn't type this

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Should Have An Encounter With God / Why People Believe Or Hold Unto Religious Beliefs. / The Benefit Of Death By Benson Idahosa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.