Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,726 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? (26783 Views)

When Ladies Go To The ATM With Their Boyfriends (Photos) / When Ladies See Handsome Guys: See What Happens / Why I Can't Look At A Woman!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by HaneefahRN(f): 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
It myt just be that the ladies are feeling shy. I sometimes feel weird staring at some1 who is also busy staring at me, so that myt be the case. Or are u too ugly for the eyes to bear ni
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by jakiedudu(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Like op am introvert facing similar challenge but mine is a bit severe.
My case is not just the ladies, people of all ages and size find it hard to look me in the eye. At first it goes smooth from the beginning but after few seconds, they start looking away. Dont know if its due to my looks. I ask myself; why are people not making eye contact with me during conversation despite my handsomeness? (not braging). Am I intimidating and fearful for eye contact like Thomas Gibson? Even Gibson gets eye contact from people during conversation, why is my case different? These are the questions I ask myself. First I thought maybe they were shy. But how on earth can everybody be shy at me? Probably the way I look them in the eye is making them uneasy. So i refrain from making eye contact with people for the sole purpose of making them feel a bit more comfortable.
But Alas! The problem got worse. Not only are people not making eye contact with me, I started finding it difficult looking people in the eye as well. A ripple site effect.
Till today I dont look people in the eye. Most times when I go out, I wear shades to feel at ease when moving around town.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Krasid(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
jakiedudu:
My case is not just the ladies, people of all ages and size find it hard to look me in the eye. At first it goes smooth from the beginning but after few seconds, they start looking away. Dont know if its due to my looks. I ask myself; why are people not making eye contact with me during conversation despite my handsomeness? (not braging). Am I intimidating and fearful for eye contact like Thomas Gibson? Even Gibson gets eye contact from people during conversation, why is my case different? These are the questions I ask myself. First I thought maybe they were shy. But how on earth can everybody be shy at me? Probably the way I look them in the eye is making them uneasy. So i refrain from making eye contact with people for the sole purpose of making them feel a bit more comfortable.
But Alas! The problem got worse. Not only are people not making eye contact with me, I started finding it difficult looking people in the eye as well. A ripple site effect.
Till today I dont look people in the eye. Most times when I go out, I wear shades to feel at ease when moving around town.
currently having the same problem.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
It means she is shy
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by ojeota(f): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
@krasid, jakiedudu and the op.
One thing i observed after reading your comments is that, the three of you have one thing in common, 'fear'.
You speak confidently the first three minutes and after that you loose control of yourself to fear. During that period the Person you are speaking with, will lose focus of what you are saying, and it result in them looking away from you. Some of them will simply nod at you and be smiling to show that they are still with you but in reality they are not.

I am still trying to overcome that fear.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by ninovandross(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
have u tried asking any of them out? just to be sure they ur not d problem
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by AfricanApple(f): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
czarr:
wetin you de find for ground?
you
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by obainojazz(m): 12:07am On Oct 10, 2015
This your case just reminded me of a pastor preaching the gospel....so a woman started crying..soaked in heavy tears...wow,pastor don think say his words don dey touch her heart....so a man beside the woman asked her, madam why are you crying....the woman replied still crying 'this pastor's teeth looks like our family dogs' teeth that died last week'..

So what I'm I saying here.....its either you have a big eye so they can't look at it...or they like you....but I'm leaning towards the liking part....and who told you, you are average looking...I was once an introvert coz I was thinking I'm average looking until I realize how handsome I am grin....but man, face your studies...girls will only confuse you the more if you are not ready.
Gracias

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by devonpaul(m): 12:20am On Oct 10, 2015
AfricanApple:
you
Shettt.. u people are wicked
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by PascalJ(m): 3:34am On Oct 10, 2015
KashyBaby:
It depends...some ppol are NOT into eye to eye contact while having convo & I'm one of em...it's juz like so awkward looking at d face of the person who's looking at me as well.. cool but it doesn't mean anything..
Wat sup. Will give u a warm welcome if u come to Nigeria.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by MCJIKEL22(m): 3:40am On Oct 10, 2015
Krasid:
currently having the same problem.
krasid ma guy wit d way u dey form on madrid thread me been think say u be gangstar o!,so na woman dey shy u? Chai!,if i c u for where men dey talk footy again ehn,i go brake ya leg.....na joke i dey o grin

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 10, 2015
PascalJ:

Wat sup. Will give u a warm welcome if u come to Nigeria.

Sure...I can't wait next yr.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by jakiedudu(m): 6:35am On Oct 10, 2015
ojeota:
@krasid, jakiedudu and the op.
One thing i observed after reading your comments is that, the three of you have one thing in common, 'fear'.
You speak confidently the first three minutes and after that you loose control of yourself to fear. During that period the Person you are speaking with, will lose focus of what you are saying, and it result in them looking away from you. Some of them will simply nod at you and be smiling to show that they are still with you but in reality they are not.

I am still trying to overcome that fear.
fear? I don't think fear is a factor here. This situation starts with people am meeting for the first time. When I get introduced by friends to friends, almost all of them look me in the eye for few seconds and breakaway. In most cases, it will be me maintaining eye contact the entire duration of the conversation.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by fullstreets: 6:37am On Oct 10, 2015
As an optician which I am not, conjunctivitis AKA Apollo could be d reason.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Fkhalifa(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2015
obainojazz:
This your case just reminded me of a pastor preaching the gospel....so a woman started crying..soaked in heavy tears...wow,pastor don think say his words don dey touch her heart....so a man beside the woman asked her, madam why are you crying....the woman replied still crying 'this pastor's teeth looks like our family dogs' teeth that died last week'..

So what I'm I saying here.....its either you have a big eye so they can't look at it...or they like you....but I'm leaning towards the liking part....and who told you, you are average looking...I was once an introvert coz I was thinking I'm average looking until I realize how handsome I am grin....but man, face your studies...girls will only confuse you the more if you are not ready.
Gracias
bro whats up with the big eye thing,does it intimidate/fear them....like me now my bae do say i have ashewo eyes,and i also experience the op's ish to.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Krasid(m): 7:35am On Oct 10, 2015
MCJIKEL22:
krasid ma guy wit d way u dey form on madrid thread me been think say u be gangstar o!,so na woman dey shy u? Chai!,if i c u for where men dey talk footy again ehn,i go brake ya leg.....na joke i dey o grin
tongue
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by obainojazz(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2015
Fkhalifa:
bro whats up with the big eye thing,does it intimidate/fear them....like me now my bae do say i have ashewo eyes,and i also experience the op's ish to.
it has great effect on most of them...not all.....I also have that eyes...not a big eyes though,,,,but should I say its sweet...I can influence someone just by staring at them...yes that's an ashewo eyes grin
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 10, 2015
You probably have great Eyes...embarassed "grin"
What's your Eye color? shocked OMG! don't tell me it's grey or blue! lipsrsealed
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by foxvilles: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2015
obainojazz:

Gracias

Funny........copy that!
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by foxvilles: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2015
Estharfabian:
You probably have great Eyes...embarassed "grin"

What's your Eye color? shocked OMG! don't tell me it's grey or blue! lipsrsealed

My eye color is indigo jor

At night it reflects like that of a cat.....lol
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by foxvilles: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2015
fullstreets:
As an optician which I am not, conjunctivitis AKA Apollo could be d reason.

Haba.........you must be old fashioned in your profession.

People don't have Apollo again unlike before, its very rare except you're being employed by BH.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by HaneefahRN(f): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2015
jakiedudu:
fear? I don't think fear is a factor here. This situation starts with people am meeting for the first time. When I get introduced by friends to friends, almost all of them look me in the eye for few seconds and breakaway. In most cases, it will be me maintaining eye contact the entire duration of the conversation.
Do u av strabismus (cross eye) or u stare at pple in a weird way or ur eyes reads 'don't stare or I'll bite':p
The problem is probably all in ur mind
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
foxvilles:

My eye color is indigo jor

At night it reflects like that of a cat.....lol
indigo? undecided I really wish I knew the color...embarassed I don't...
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
pinkiberry:
it means she is shy. unless u av crossed eyes
what do you mean by CROSSED EYES?
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by osesology(m): 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmmm! interesting comments.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by charger09(m): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
AfricanApple:
when I hate someone, I don't look them straight in the eyes
me too
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by pinkiberry(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
ABJDOT:
what do you mean by CROSSED EYES?
to put it in a layman's way,crossed eyes or strabismus is called half past 4 eyes.
the two eyes are looking different ways. the may be looking at u but there eyes show the are looking at another thing.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by pinkiberry(m): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
jakiedudu:
I started looking at people in the eyes of recent cos the complain and begin to think am timid and intimidated. but now if u look my eyes I look ur eyes o. face no dey face.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Brite100: 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=Krasid post=38827149]

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by jakiedudu(m): 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
HaneefahRN:

Do u av strabismus (cross eye) or u stare at pple in a weird way or ur eyes reads 'don't stare or I'll bite':p
The problem is probably all in ur mind
No my eyes are ok. Maybe its the way I look. Ama tough looking fellow in appearance,
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by jakiedudu(m): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
pinkiberry:
I started looking at people in the eyes of recent cos the complain and begin to think am timid and intimidated. but now if u look my eyes I look ur eyes o. face no dey face.
Good for u.
Re: What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? by Omogbenusola(m): 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
elantraceey:

That's a very wrong philosophy which is not always the case.

Sometimes thru tho

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Shoots At Usman Dam In Bwari, Abuja / When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call / 18 Year Old Ugly Nigerian Girl Post Her Nude On Facebook,says She Wants To Be A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.