Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,871 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. (69270 Views)

Pictures Of some of the 111 Roads Being Worked Upon By Obiano / Cars Acquired By Ikpeazu For Abia Police / The Cement-Based Road Built By Okezie Ikpeazu At 90% Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Ryda(m): 1:41am On Oct 10, 2015
benedictnsi:
Another picture to make me laugh...... " Air Pee See " = CHANGE grin
Pee Dee Pee = SHARE THE MONEY grin

BTW....... Is he constructing permanent roads that will Last longer for Nigerians or Temporary roads for his 4 - 8 years in office

The O.P shud be able to ansa that grin
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by opedaydydx9(m): 1:51am On Oct 10, 2015
Obiagu1:
Hmmm, is this how to construct concrete roads?
Don't they know that concrete expands and needs gaps in between to breathe?
Its supposed to be in slabs and are supposed to be reinforced with rods like house deckings.

This road will be all cracked up in 8 months time without any vehicle running over it or rain hitting it.

The silly governor is even creating a bigger mess when it's time to remove this crap!

CONCRETE ROAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION SHOWING REINFORCEMENT WITH RODS

TYPICAL CONCRETE ROAD WITH SLABS SHOWING
lmao at first when I saw ur picture I was like, oh it was reinforced with steel, this is top bad as I can see white technician in the pic... Cause this proofs he ain't an engineer, common we have good engineers in Nigeria, most of us have been forced to go into private business.... I laff Nigeria out in an unknown language!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by October1960: 3:53am On Oct 10, 2015
How can you pour Concrete without steel reinforcing?? Also there should be gravel base. Are there no civil engineers in this state?
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by eromspete(m): 5:43am On Oct 10, 2015
Do not believe in the illusion of it looking like its solid.

Concrete is a material that needs to expand (There is no dowel bars for expansion and movement of the slabs)

Concrete is a material that is weak in tension (There is no rebar in sight that will take care of tensile stress from vehicle axle weight)

There is also something called thermal shrinkage (Again rebar has to be placed as a crack control reinforcement. This is not seen in this pour)

I'm also concerned about other things such as waterproofing of the underlying layer of the concrete (subsurface soil saturation can cause the pavement layer to fail if proper drainage is not provided)

THIS ROAD WAS NOT DESIGNED BY A COMPETENT DESIGN OFFICE. angry

WHAT THIS GOVERNMENT IS DOING IS JUST TO PROCURE READY-MIX CONCRETE AND POUR WHEREVER THEY LIKE AND SAY THEY ARE CONSTRUCTING ROADS.

Ask the previous government in Edo state how they designed the concrete road pavement along Adolor junction undecided

MadCow1:
I have seen this method of road construction abroad and can tell you its solid..

After laying down think cement base, the asphalt would be laid over it.

Its much more durable than than using Mud base or Sand base.

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by nnamezie87(m): 6:02am On Oct 10, 2015
but, i have never seen this in these German floors he is constructing.....................so, who is actually fooling who?

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by calabardick(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2015
our leaders are good comedians, all they know is "Head Robbery"

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by orise100(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2015
Ah ahn!!...see sense! mscheww.
Building a major road wit mass concrete without steel reinforcements....sha b deceiving your people. #continue
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by opedaydydx9(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2015
eromspete:
Do not believe in the illusion of it looking like its solid.

Concrete is a material that needs to expand (There is no dowel bars for expansion and movement of the slabs)

Concrete is a material that is weak in tension (There is no rebar in sight that will take care of tensile stress from vehicle axle weight)

There is also something called thermal shrinkage (Again rebar has to be placed as a crack control reinforcement. This is not seen in this pour)

I'm also concerned about other things such as waterproofing of the underlying layer of the concrete (subsurface soil saturation can cause the pavement layer to fail if proper drainage is not provided)

THIS ROAD WAS NOT DESIGNED BY A COMPETENT DESIGN OFFICE. angry

WHAT THIS GOVERNMENT IS DOING IS JUST TO PROCURE READY-MIX CONCRETE AND POUR WHEREVER THEY LIKE AND SAY THEY ARE CONSTRUCTING ROADS.

Ask the previous government in Edo state how they designed the concrete road pavement along Adolor junction undecided

modified, nice one
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by opedaydydx9(m): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2015
MadCow1:
I have seen this method of road construction abroad and can tell you its solid.. After laying down think cement base, the asphalt would be laid over it. Its much more durable than than using Mud base or Sand base.
: am not sure u understand the basis of the construction, the point is, the concrete should be reinforce, the asphalt laid in the pics showed above with the reinforcement means the concrete will be poured thereafter..
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by opedaydydx9(m): 10:35am On Oct 10, 2015
chiibekee:
If they have been using cement for the past 16 years, Aba people won't be complaining much.
whatever they've been using before is better than dis..... Trust me!! This won't last 3 months, thank God it's almost dry season
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by chiibekee(f): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2015
opedaydydx9:
whatever they've been using before is better than dis..... Trust me!! This won't last 3 months, thank God it's almost dry season
u mean u prefer no touching the roads at all cos that's what they've been using
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Rotimi47: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2015
sigiyaya:
Rochas dey busy the construct china road for Owerri.... What do will call this one now;Made in ABA road?grin grin grin

All really wanna say is that they don't really care about us lyrics
Kinshasa road.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by kosovo(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2015
Obiagu1:
Its supposed to be in slabs and are supposed to be reinforced with rods like house deckings.

This road will be all cracked up in 8 months time without any vehicle running over it or rain hitting it.

The silly governor is even creating a bigger mess when it's time to remove this crap!

I do not know who laid a curse on Nigeria.. Who ever did it is really a good at what he does.

You can imagine the rubbish these irresponsible leaders are doing with tax payers money.

8-months is too much for the roads to tear. The guys over there are so dumb. These contractors and consultants should be rounded up and sent to jail.

What nonsense. Only in Nigeria tho... And the very foolish government will spend another tax payers money to commission this rubbish. My God!!

If Nigeria won't take their future into their hands, waiting for one demonic government that promise change to help them, we will get it worse. This is just heart breaking. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by guideman: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
Go and lecture them, Mr. Lecturer. It's your likes that built these buildings that are collapsing here and there. The picture you've posted is a walkway. Are you now Trying to tell us that cement is not used in road construction. May I also remind you that the sections of the road under construction have not been asphalted. So stop deceiving the public by claiming what you don't know. Construction is still on going, and it's too early to indulge in criticism. Let's wait for completion of these roads and see the quality of roads being handed over to Abians. I strongly believe that my Governor will deliver. The gates of hell shall not prevail. While we watch the transformation of Abia State, detractors should hold their peace.
Obiagu1:

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by erico2k2(m): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
Pebcak:
Maybe we need to educate ourself I know we have some Civil Engr in this forum, and using concrete might be a better option in some area I know in Texas USA where its dry and not that humid they have a lot of concrete roads and up north in Illinois USA they have more tar roads.

We only use tar in Nigeria but is it applicable to all roads?

Maybe tar is a way to always get contracts back after few years. From a greedy contractors point of view he ll rather use tar and get maintenance in few years than use concrete

Concrete’s strength usually means eliminating the need for subbase materials—and it also means you use less of it. In Figure 3, Structural Numbers are used to compare equivalent pavements, showing that 12 inches of an asphalt solution is equivalent to less than six inches of a concrete solution with the same Structural Number.
In the EU they use both for rd Construction.ie concrete then asphalt. Have you seen the asphalt scraping machine. 5 he one the use to do resurfacing?
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by erico2k2(m): 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
guideman:
Go and lecture them, Mr. Lecturer. It's your likes that built these buildings that are collapsing here and there. The picture you've posted is a walkway. Are you now Trying to tell us that cement is not used in road construction. May I also remind you that the sections of the road under construction have not been asphalted. So stop deceiving the public by claiming what you don't know. Construction is still on going, and it's too early to indulge in criticism. Let's wait for completion of these roads and see the quality of roads being handed over to Abians. I strongly believe that my Governor will deliver. The gates of hell shall not prevail. While we watch the transformation of Abia State, detractors should hold their peace.
Seriously that's a rd nt a walk way.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by omonnakoda: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
erico2k2:

In the EU they use both for rd Construction.ie concrete then asphalt. Have you seen the asphalt scraping machine. 5 he one the use to do resurfacing?
The EU?
They have a standard for road construction in the EU?
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by erico2k2(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
The EU?
They have a standard for road construction in the EU?
Ofcos they do.they even have a standard for the kind of glass U can put in ur bathroom window I'm nt even joking.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by omonnakoda: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Ofcos they do.they even have a standard for the kind of glass U can put in ur bathroom window I'm nt even joking.

I did not ask about glass and the fact that the latter might be true does not make the former true does it? There is no connection between the two so do not introduce irrelevant information.Back to roads have you got evidence for this claim?
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
opedaydydx9:
From his comment I think nothing was even used before not even water
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
opedaydydx9:
From his comment I think nothing was even used before not even water as in there was nothing like construction ever during that period
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Jaypea98: 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
MadCow1:
I have seen this method of road construction abroad and can tell you its solid..

After laying down think cement base, the asphalt would be laid over it.

Its much more durable than than using Mud base or Sand base.
A good gravel base beneath the asphalt is the secret to a long-lasting driveway
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by opedaydydx9(m): 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
chiibekee:
u mean u prefer no touching the roads at all cos that's what they've been using
better than wasting resources.... The design woould fail catastrophically...!!!!!!
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by opedaydydx9(m): 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
VonBismark:
From his comment I think nothing was even used before not even water
even where they r pouring concrete is muddy...
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by erico2k2(m): 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
omonnakoda:

I did not ask about glass and the fact that the latter might be true does not make the former true does it? There is no connection between the two so do not introduce irrelevant information.Back to roads have you got evidence for this claim?
what that latter means is every structure has rules and regulation, everything that is constructed for public use has a legislature governing it up to PPE.You are seriously asking me for proof? how do I do this? the TMA 2004(traffic management Act) this is of London only is more than 800 pages let alone the whole of the Eu, but I will paste a link to a section so you have an Idea of waht Im on about, however it would be worthy for you to know, I work in a company that provide certain infrastructure in the Biz of carriage ways.
http://ec.europa.eu/environment/gpp/pdf/road_construction_and_traffic_signs_GPP_background_report.pdf
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 11:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
Obiagu1:

Obiagu what state are you from?
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by BushidoBlue(m): 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
charlesucheh:
SEE FIGHT OOOOOO!!!!! I'VE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE, DO YOU WANT TO FORCE ME??
BESIDES, HOW MANY TRUCK LOAD OF CEMENTR WILL DEY USE? COS I KNOW FOR THAT, NOTHING WILL BE MIXED TO THE CEMENT THEY'LL BE USING COS IF THEY DO, THEN THE LIFE SPAN OF THAT ROAD WOULDN'T BE UP TO 6MONTH..........SO, MR ENGINEER!!!!! SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE; I NEVER SEE AM BEFORE..................I ONLY KNOW OF THE PEDESTRIAN LAY OUTS THEY BUILD WITH CEMENTS.....

SEE ANSWER!!!!!

Don't be an illiterate, google it
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by hassman: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
Even in the Western World where cement is so common, they don't build road with cement. You think cement is better than tarmac? A fool's chase!
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by mikolo80: 3:10am On Oct 13, 2015
fratermathy:
That big lipped and funny looking Okowa won't see this one and copy. He's busy appointing people here and there instead of unveiling his blueprint for statewide development at the least.
and you believe that any good can come from pdp
I envy ur optimism
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Victor593(m): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
I do hope that The clueless Prof. Ben Ayade of Cross River State Will Open his eyes and see what his mates are doing and stop sleeping. Ayade wake up, Wake up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adeosun Signs Bilateral Agreement With Qatar Minister / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ? / Aisha Buhari's Impostor Passport In Jefferson bribery Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.