Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4724849 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dejidotun2000(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Even after someone else has confirmed what Romeo3 has been saying all along, you still don't believe ?
OlugbengaE:
A gentleman can never vindicate a tout.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
dejidotun2000:
Even after someone else has confirmed what Romeo3 has been saying all along, you still don't believe ?

The main reason people attacked him was the tone of his language. He called people stupid and lazy for striking against uber. he was very crass in his approach. A little argument results profanity.

All these gimmick are not even sustainable.

open your rider app take the pin to Lekki or Ikoyi and you will see barrage of cars available. people are already flooding island. soon surge in those areas will gradually disappear.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Arnoldo(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Apart 4rm that if every driver shared a voice and joined in the protest maybe the pay wld have been better.. only a foolish man settles 4 whatever is thrown at him. Gracias

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by myquestion(m): 5:00am On Jun 23, 2017
Isn't der always surge on Taxify?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 6:28am On Jun 23, 2017
Arnoldo:
Apart 4rm that if every driver shared a voice and joined in the protest maybe the pay wld have been better.. only a foolish man settles 4 whatever is thrown at him. Gracias
U just made a better point. Ubers fair is unfair. They charge lower than ur usual yellow cabs. Why do u want to suffer too hard and kill ur car for peanut. I saw someone last week pay about 120 something k. U didn't state how much fuel u bought. Do d plus and minus and see how much profit u made. All we need do is to protest a little and shut down uber that's all. Uber is useless for now. Stop calling black White

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 6:29am On Jun 23, 2017
myquestion:
No need for surge in taxify, their pay is better than useless uber surges

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by myquestion(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2017
Hw can I make my rating increase ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2017

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2017
myquestion:
Hw can I make my rating increase ?

The only way to increase your rating is to acquire as many 5 stars as possible. if you drive a neat and clean car, know Lagos roads and offer sweets and gums to your riders, then your rating would go up.

I hope you not driving a 2000 Corolla

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 7:23am On Jun 23, 2017
elninosanz:
I have been following this thread for a while now, but i don't contribute. However, i feel it is imperative to comment now because there are some misconceptions going around. People have been abusing Romeo for sometime now and i think people are being unfair. Uber is still profitable, but it requires smartness and wisdom to make money. I have attached my last week earnings to prove my point(Note that i didn't include my offline trips, and also i didnt work on Sundays as i use Sundays to rest). I have posted some guidelines below to help you increase your earnings)

1. Try to work on the Island from around 4am to 12noon(Infact if possible, work majorly on the Island because of the Surge). There is almost always surge around the Lekki axis. Use your destination trip to get there. If a rider takes you away from the Island, use the destination trip to take you back.

2. If your rider is going to an area where Uber does not operate e.g Ikorodu, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki. Politely ask that they do the trip offline. If they refuse cancel the trip

3. Immediately you get a request, call the rider and ask where they are going to. If the distance they are going is shorter than the distance it will take you to pick them up, cancel immediately

4. Related to the point above, if you are in a surge area and you receive a request out of the surge area, cancel immediately

5. If a rider tells you that you will have to wait for him/her to buy or pick up something, politely ask how long. If you have to wait for a rider for more than 15mins, politely explain to them that Uber does not pay you for waiting. If you have a nice attitude, they will most likely pay you more than the fare. If they insist on not giving you extra and they are rude about it, then gently tell them that you will give them 20mins, if they are not back by then, end the trip and ask Uber for your money. They will pay you back (Note tha this will probably affect your rating so don't do this often)

6. Target long trips especially during surge. Uber does not allow you know where a rider is going, but you can time yourself to receive long trips. For example, if you go to VI/Lekki area area from 4.30am to 6am, you will almost always receive an airport trip during surge time.

7. When it is raining, make sure you are on the road. There is always surge when it rains

8. Take advantage of Uber promotions. Try to always drive in areas and around the time that will allow you take advantage for Uber promotions. if you need to rearrange your working hours to make it happen for that week, then do it. For instance last week Uber promotions was from 12noon to 4am. I made sure that i was working around that time, so unless there was surge before 12 noon i didnt work

9. Be nice to your riders and engage them in meaningful conversations if you can, you will get good tips if you do

10. Finally, maximise Fri- Mon. Those are the peak days on Uber. People do long trips then, and there is increased demand.

If you follow the above, you will make enough money to make you comfortable. Hope this helps someone
thanks for ur tips... But I want to ask, what is the essence of setting our destination to a particular location
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 7:33am On Jun 23, 2017
ihimiray:
thanks for ur tips... But I want to ask, what is the essence of setting our destination to a particular location

The essence is to only get trip requests of riders going towards that same direction. for example, I stay around Ikeja area, so in the night around 10pm when am ready to close, and am on the island, I set my destination to Ikeja, so I only get request going towards Ikeja.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 7:52am On Jun 23, 2017
My friend requested for uber and a corolla of year 2000 cane to pick him. The guy rejected the trip and did taxify immediately. Uber don't care for there drivers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2017
lexylexy:

The essence is to only get trip requests of riders going towards that same direction. for example, I stay around Ikeja area, so in the night around 10pm when am ready to close, and am on the island, I set my destination to Ikeja, so I only get request going towards Ikeja.
wow thanks a lot bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2017
there is, but I've never seen it go higher than 1.3
myquestion:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by myquestion(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2017
lexylexy:

The only way to increase your rating is to acquire as many 5 stars as possible. if you drive a neat and clean car, know Lagos roads and offer sweets and gums to your riders, then your rating would go up.

I hope you not driving a 2000 Corolla

I b taxify ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 9:28am On Jun 23, 2017
please, who has tried rhyno or smart?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2017
Ifeanyimark:
please, who has tried rhyno or smart?
u what are those
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2017
ihimiray:
u what are those

new rider hailing apps just like uber and taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2017
Taxify is the best for both riders and partners

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dexterush(f): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2017
ARE YOU NEW ON UBER,AND NEED HELP REGISTERING YOUR CAR,CONTACT ME ON THIS NUMBER FOR QUICK UBER REGISTRATION. - 07032275304
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
dexterush:
ARE YOU NEW ON UBER,AND NEED HELP REGISTERING YOUR CAR,CONTACT ME ON THIS NUMBER FOR QUICK UBER REGISTRATION. - 07032275304
Are people still on uber?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hey guys, I got my inspection report from autogenius and here is what it looks like.

Taxify Ready - No

What does that mean? Did i pass or not.

I passed everything except for the tires, i have uniform tyres only the extra is different. The lady must have made mistake or something. I have uploaded it to taxify waiting for them to get back to me.

Thanks

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
I guess that's a fail because Taxify ready on my car report was a yes

wait for their reply or better still go to their office

fuckerstard:
Hey guys, I got my inspection report from autogenius and here is what it looks like.

Taxify Ready - No

What does that mean? Did i pass or not.

I passed everything except for the tires, i have uniform tyres only the extra is different. The lady must have made mistake or something. I have uploaded it to taxify waiting for them to get back to me.

Thanks

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
alstarmayo:
I guess that's a fail because Taxify ready on my car report was a yes

wait for their reply or better still go to their office

Aww that's not good, I'll look up there address and visit them. Uber don show me strong thing, how person go sit inside car oye tight and pay 500 naira.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PresidKing(m): 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
For Hailing cab, you have Pamdrive, visit www.pamdrive.com or call 08099904442, 08099904443, SMS/WhatsApp to 08099904445, for booking, cab registration and partnership.

Pamdrive Is already more than one year in Port Harcourt.

Search out for @pamdriveng on Facebook, twitter and instagram
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2017
Uber don show drivers strong thing. I on my uber and taxify app. I got a request first from uber at Allen Ikeja. As I was close to the place a request from taxify came in, I immediately cancelled d uber trip and lied that d rider ask me to cancel d trip and immediately off my uber app and head to carry d taxify guy. People only do uber after waiting for too long on taxify. But if u check d profit on uber u will see u are not making any thing at all

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 10:41am On Jun 24, 2017
xana101:
Uber don show drivers strong thing. I on my uber and taxify app. I got a request first from uber at Allen Ikeja. As I was close to the place a request from taxify came in, I immediately cancelled d uber trip and lied that d rider ask me to cancel d trip and immediately off my uber app and head to carry d taxify guy. People only do uber after waiting for too long on taxify. But if u check d profit on uber u will see u are not making any thing at all
do you know that uber can suspend your account for that act
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by juliabocn: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2017
Sharp guy, who no want money, the street is hard now only the sharp ones survives.soon uber will buckle upwhen riders get stranded and only get 2000 cars which are rickety.
xana101:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yemiosinbajo: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2017
Pls I want to ask; how much will it cost me for a Uber car to take me from Sango, Ogun State to Ile Ife and back immediately? And how can I book apart from the app cos I don't have the app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by myquestion(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2017
yemiosinbajo:
Pls I want to ask; how much will it cost me for a Uber car to take me from Sango, Ogun State to Ile Ife and back immediately? And how can I book apart from the app cos I don't have the app.

I can take u, offline trip
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by doctore89: 11:30am On Jun 24, 2017
Guys please I just got this message now that I am suspended on taxify

I have been busy throughout the week

I just switched it on today to start working in saw that I have been suspended

Please is there a way I can get approved so I can make some cool cash over the weekend

How can I get approved this weekend

I have uploaded the picture but no one is responding

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Mykeolinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.