Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726143 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
brogxy:

By staying online? This is what I got for the day after waking up by 4 am to set out by 4.45am. this is just to tell you that the work is not like you feel. Meanwhile, I am still on my way home stuck in the traffic cos it's already my closing time
Believing me with my model. We both suffer losses and gain together .

In your current model... Only the car owner suffers.

9k is a bad day for u.. 3 bad days make up almost 30k to give to the car owner... While 4 more day earnings on a BAD day belongs to u.

Yet if the car goes bad.. U want him to repair from the 3 bad days u give to him

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

Nah...

Not gonna place the advert here.. Gonna go to my local church assembly to speak with my pastor to find an unemployed brother who knows how to use a phone and understands the routes in Lagos a lot....

You drivers have now grown wings and think you are too important in the uber business.

If all car owners can adopt this approach this shakara from una go stop...

Someone just said on a bad day... A driver can get 9k . that's 63 in a week.. And u want to give the car owner 30k from 63k . yet if the car goes bad, you drop it for him to repair... This is based on the assumption that all 7 days are bad days....
You can't know how a shoe feels not until you test it. The person you quoted is a partner and has driven very well and also has cars on the platform.
He decided to know the challenges the drivers face while on the road by being in their shoes. That will be the best person to let you know about e-hailing on this platform since he has seen both sides of the coin.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

No.. Its not greed.. I have made an investment. I need to make profit... The driver is an expenditure is my petty cash book.... Its my business.

Hard work + investment = profit

Who's generating the cash flow. Company without workers is dead investment, so also a car without a driver is dead.

Lemme go on break for two weeks and park my car for DAT same two weeks without source for a driver and tell me how I can get profit from that same car. . .

Well I see, its not greed that makes u demand all cash flow. You are a bank that will keep the money till month end ..lol...

By the time u began to keep drivers money, I can assure u how much debit u will be in, in couple months. Fact is, it won't work.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obisite: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

Why are u scared of 35%

You want more.. Work more... Its a simple maths

This model of remitting to the car owner benefits only the driver

Bro,, just buy the car and drive yourself if you want the car to be in safe condition,,

With this model, trust me it comes with high expectation, expecting a driver to drive all day long, n go home with nothing to fall back his hard day on.. But wait till end of the month
.. Ok na...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nurtay:

U've got a whole lot of work to do my dear brother. The model is dead on arrival u can bet.

No I don't.. I just have to visit uber offices and ask if they have an API.. I will integrate it with the tracker....

In the hybrid application I will create, I will permit a margin of error of 5km...

Anything thing beyond 5km is definitely offline jobs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

The model is to ensure the driver doesn't just park the car in his house and sleep all month waiting for a salary. You know Nigerians are dishonest people
What you have to know is that most of the people quoting you are car owners that drive on the platform, so they know what it is in igboro

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
brogxy:

By staying online? This is what I got for the day after waking up by 4 am to set out by 4.45am. this is just to tell you that the work is not like you feel. Meanwhile, I am still on my way home stuck in the traffic cos it's already my closing time.This amount includes my feeding, tolls

Bros , u try o

Check mine.... After 7hours plus... Only 5600 and still online. Top up my fuel with 2k naw to keep working with 2hours left to call it a day

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

Why don't drivers make the money and purchase a car if that is easier than driving the car?

Uber drivers feed fat on others sweat.

I'm a young guy who is losing sleep and denying himself pleasures so he could save up to buy a good on uber. yet theres a driver out there who wants to remit a fraction of my car earnings weekly and top of that, he still wants me to maintain the car off the peanuts he calls remittance.

As someone above puts it, it will take 2 years to break even on a 30k weekly remittance..

What sort of rubbish is that. Whereas on a bad day, a driver can make 15k... This is just wickedness
Must you invest in uber? There are 1001 businesses out there bro

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bilar01(m): 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
All this slave trade mentality people way full this country seff..

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
ColeworldMD:
Guys well done o. Abeg btw Diamond, Skye & access which bank receives Uber payments the fastest
I heard there's no more Skye, limit has been shifted somewhere yet to be disclosed

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

9k is a bad day for u.. 3 bad days make up almost 30k to give to the car owner... While 4 more day earnings on a BAD day belongs to u.

Yet if the car goes bad.. U want him to repair from the 3 bad days u give to him
Like I told you earlier, many are driver partners. Fueling is part of the 9k made. No one is asking you not to go into it but everyone into it can't be wrong. This model won't work.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2018

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
brogxy:

What you have to know is that most of the people quoting you are car owners that drive on the platform, so they know what it is in igboro
Je KO mo !

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

No I don't.. I just have to visit uber offices and ask if they have an API.. I will integrate it with the tracker....

In the hybrid application I will create, I will permit a margin of error of 5km...

Good luck with that bro.

I just dey pity the church guyz who will accept your offer thinking God has answered their prayers. Cos at the end of the day, when salaries are not been paid, u can still post them for 2 more months b4 they realized that they are only been brain washed. And on the other hand, u ve made ur cool cash and time for stories.

Anyways, it s a win win situation for you. Its ur car, they can't do anything when u don't pay. They can't collect your car from u for not paying cos they will be tagged as thieves ..

The truth be say, you re looking for those to use and dump cos u always know that model won't work. Good luck in your world of extortion

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ephbe(m): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

U are missing the point... The driver doesn't deliver to me daily. It's my phone. I request for the total earning after I check the account on the app. At the end of the month, he gets 35% off profit

Bros Bros

U may have to try it out for u to knw d repercussions
it only pains me u wnt be back to tell us how far...

Everyone in d grp cant be wrong

I can bet u wnt get up to the 30 - 35k weekly deliveries with your model, you will then ask yourself which model was better.
Like someone advised u earlier
go and read up frm page 300 and start learning again
Trust me, u wld hv a rethink.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mykeolinks: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

Its good to want to change the narrative but you ain't taking into cognizance the other expenses incurred like fuels, toll, data etc...you feel the whole 9k+ is profits

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drizzle25(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
@ phranex

Mr app developer.

Drive on the uber/ taxify platform for a week and test your hypothesis grin.
Let's see whether you can deliver 30k.

Talking of drivers eating of ur sweat.

Whose sweat will bring the cheese that you are about to share 65/35? grin

I maintain my earlier stand. YOU are not empowering any driver by bringing a car. You are helping yourself.

Already calculating 9k *7 = 63. :-
Oga ! Do you work 7 days a week?. So why do you want your drivers to drive 7 days/ week.

Typical Nigerian employer .

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
Mykeolinks:

Its good to want to change the narrative but you ain't taking into cognizance the other expenses incurred like fuels, toll, data etc...you feel the whole 9k+ is profits

Commission nko?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Phranex:

You have not even visited Uber to know if they have an API to share with U?

...and all this your "I will I will" shows U are not close to being ready.

Good luck sha!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
styveke:

You have not even visited Uber to know if they have an API to share with U?

...and all this your "I will I will" shows U are not close to being ready.

Good luck sha!

I will only go there to confirm if their api is public.. They sure do have an API.. Uber is on android and iOS..

And yes.. am not close to being ready. I'm still studying the market
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
Mykeolinks:

That's y I said it will be commission based....we will share the pains and gains together. Meanwhile, we will only be sharing net profit...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
ephbe:

Bros Bros

I can bet u wnt get up to the 30 - 35k weekly deliveries with your model, you will then ask yourself which model was better.

For the benefit of doubt.. I will take the pain to read it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2018
ephbe:

Bros Bros

It will no longer be me getting 35k weekly but us..

If we get 35k weekly as net profit.. 35% of that is drivers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
Tgiirl:

Good luck with that bro.

I just dey pity the church guyz who will accept your offer thinking God has answered their prayers. Cos at the end of the day, when salaries are not been paid, u can still post them for 2 more months b4 they realized that they are only been brain washed. And on the other hand, u ve made ur cool cash and time for stories.

Anyways, it s a win win situation for you. Its ur car, they can't do anything when u don't pay. They can't collect your car from u for not paying cos they will be tagged as thieves ..

The truth be say, you re looking for those to use and dump cos u always know that model won't work. Good luck in your world of extortion

You are misunderstanding me.

The supposed salary is commission based.. You want to earn more money monthly... Bring more to the sharing table... What this therefore means is that my drivers will earn different wages on the same month. This is the model that fits the uber business
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
Chuwaa:
Phranex

You need to 'kam' down. Most of the people replying you are car owners, they know where it pinches. If drivers were to reply you, insults will be your name. You sound like a nerd, but note that book sense is not street sense. YOUR MODEL WILL NOT WORK.

Lean here, at least start from page 500 and study. Alternatively, drive for a week!
Drivers don't just drive, they plan, they position well, they study trends and zones to make even. Your model of established transport companies won't work.

I pity the pastor and poor church brother that will take up your offer. In fact labelling people greedy reeks of crass ignorance. I've driven before and I've stopped.....my own car for that matter.

The real question is why did u stop?
If a driver is supposed to remit 35k to a car owner. What happens when he is unable to do that for a week...

The problem I have with this model is that drivers don't maintain the car and they take a larger chunk of the cars earnings
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phranex(m): 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
deedee44:

Must you invest in uber? There are 1001 businesses out there bro

Dude bereft of ideas.. Could u share a potential investment...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
brogxy:

Different businesses with each model of operations.
And did I hear you say all they do is drive?
Ok they only drive but there are many risks and stress involved.
Leave am naa, try and see na malaria medicine.
I go even like work for him.
If I no get request I won't even bother myself because I know my salary is certain.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 12:47am On Sep 22, 2018
Phranex,

I understand your point of view but trust me, looking for ways to break-even within a short period of time isn't feasible regardless of the way u deem it fit.
With your analogy, you will end up shooting yourself.
There is no way you can checkmate or tick all boxes, ehailing favors car owners who drives on the platform and the driver to an extent, but for an investor, you get to be patient and the patience I am talking about isnt going to run for a year but two or more.

Talking about bin incharge of fuelling the vehicle, how would u feel when your driver calls u every now and then for fuel,
Let's say he is on a trip and fuel gets to reserve, he tops up with 3k and tells u he bought 4k fuel, how do u checkmate that, ohhhh I guess, u will also request for invoice, invoice can also be doctored.
You recharge his line with 500 naira airtime, a certain fraction of the airtime is used to call his chick, friends or whosoever comes to mind... He runs out of airtime, he calls u and then u load it up for me, trust me, it's gonna be tiring.

Experience they say is the best teacher, forget all the permutations you have done to recover cost and make profit, face the reality on ground.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 1:55am On Sep 22, 2018
Phranex

When I joined e-hailing, my then partner placed me on a 30% net profit pay. After seeing nwiiinn, he quickly changed it to weekly remittance.

Mark my words

You will also see nwiiinn

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 2:50am On Sep 22, 2018
Phranex:

I will only go there to confirm if their api is public.. They sure do have an API.. Uber is on android and iOS..

And yes.. am not close to being ready. I'm still studying the market

Your tone here does not sound like U r studying the market...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by generalfag: 6:20am On Sep 22, 2018
Phranex:

U do know some trackers keep history?

You also do know uber have drive history...

A discrepancy in the two checks warrants a penalty

Now I know your problem. You are suffering from "Too Much Book".

But you know what? This is Nigeria, things in books don't work here when it relates to business.

You are about falling into the same pit i fell into four years ago (Not on uber anyway but same transportation) and the good thing for you is u have people here giving you free sound advise, yet you are hell bent on going on with it. I can bet you, your drivers will be the one that will make money off this your plan. You will end up selling those cars for peanuts.

From all u have said, better forget transportation all together, u dont seem to have the trait required to effectively manage your car(s).

Every way u plan to curtail your drivers, they will eventually outsmart u. This is Nigeria, everyone is negatively smart and have potential of being selfish n selfcentred.

This is the problem with Nigerian investors, they always want to eat their cake n have it. So pathetic!

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ColeworldMD(m): 6:23am On Sep 22, 2018
deedee44:

I heard there's no more Skye, limit has been shifted somewhere yet to be disclosed
it's just new ownership. Structures & management remains. Maybe in the future there'll be rebranding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.