Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4711888 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (5683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
BillGoldberg:
To prospective drivers who are new in this business... Hear me out... Especially if you are driving for someone. I have driven for 2 people before. One ended well only that owner was bankrupt and sold off car. The other client refused to service the car and I simply went and parked car jejely. These are some things I have learnt so far in this venture...

*Mind What you sign up for before carrying a car. Many cars being given to drivers are dead cars waiting for mortuary. I kid you not.

*With the unbearable traffic jam in Lagos now and taxify slashing prices, the least you can do now is between 25-28k... With the grace of God oo. Because should LASTMA or Police catch you defaulting while hustling, your whole week money is gone! I kid you not.
Car owner does not send you!

*With many drivers now on both platforms, the future of Uber and taxify in Nigeria is almost good as dead. Many graduates are now drivers. Failed businessmen are also turning to Uber. Problematic business issues have also turned so many people into drivers. Yours sincerely fall into this category. What this implies is that supply somehow outweighs demands. So drivers, use your sense and mind what you sign up for!

*On no account should you carry out any repairs whatsoever be it 1,000 on the car. Inasmuch as you give owner between 28-30 k weekly and you are consistent. All repairs are to be carried out by car owner! But make sure you are consistent with the money you remit per week!
Because from there, your tool of hustle will be maintained.

*Remember that your daily target should be at least 15k! Anything less than this is deceivin yourself. Let me break it down for you. 5k to car owner, 5k for fuel, 3k to settle both Uber and taxify commissions and then 1k for you! You see how stupid this business is? Because whether you like it or not, you must settle Uber and taxify and you must buy up to 5k Fuel! Have you seen Lagos traffic of late? I see when some drivers make 13k daily and are happy. Hahahahahahaha... Folly at its peak! Are you aware that within that 13k is your 5k fuel for next day? 5k for car owner that day? And almost 2k for 15% commission Settlement for the platforms you are driving on? And you have to eat for the day and pay other bills? Do you still think its a profitable venture?

*From my experience driving for someone of late... I discovered after 3 weeks that am just driving and making money for the car owner with nothing for myself! Because the terms and conditions of this business have changed drastically! Had to drop car.. So, look for a reasonable and sensible partner that understands a 50-50 situation for both driver and partner so that everybody is happy. Gospel truth.

*Many car rentals give out malfunctioning cars or bad cars to prospective drivers. More often than not, the driver before you is a very bad one and has damaged the car almost. Before you pick up a new car being given to you by either a partner or a fleet, do your due diligence and inspect that car well! Make sure that everything is 98% in order. Demand that fuel be given to you. At least half tank. All these is to make sure that you start running! If they expect 100% from you, why can't the tool given to you be in a 100%? Take this fact to the bank of you ever want to be succesful in this.

*Do not be deceived of how drivers are making millions. Its all wash. No driver is making that currently. Maybe before... But now? Lies lies lies! This stuff is not a business venture. I see it as something you use and hold body and soul together till you regain your feet or something better comes your way...

I will be contributing more of my experiences as time goes on.

You've done well boss, these things are the reason for the strike the other day, but one ITK that neva commented on this platform b4 was busy making money while others are pushing for strike. I hope he still feed from that day earning or prolly the earning have changed any major thing in his life. I was at a verge of getting another car, but I just held the idea back, I'll rather put money into other business then to give out car to a driver. Even if you make 2k for yourself all day (which is not certain), at the end of the month you can't save up to 20k to yourself, what's the essence of endangering once life? Partners keep denying the fact that these things exist and find a way to make up for best car that is suitable for the business... The next shift in price to favour riders again will obviously kick the almighty corolla and kia Rio out of business, maybe from their golf 3 will take over, if things are not done, driver will pull up with byke to pick rider one day and claimed he/she requested for taxifada. Just watching from afar, while I meant not to disrespect anyone, cos I've learnt couple of things and as well been inspired by the comrades here.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2018
pope191:

You've done well boss, these things are the reason for the strike the other day, but one ITK that neva commented on this platform b4 was busy making money while others are pushing for strike. I hope he still feed from that day earning or prolly the earning have changed any major thing in his life. I was at a verge of getting another car, but I just held the idea back, I'll rather put money into other business then to give out car to a driver. Even if you make 2k for yourself all day (which is not certain), at the end of the month you can't save up to 20k to yourself, what's the essence of endangering once life? Partners keep denying the fact that these things exist and find a way to make up for best car that is suitable for the business... The next shift in price to favour riders again will obviously kick the almighty corolla and kia Rio out of business, maybe from their golf 3 will take over, if things are not done, driver will pull up with byke to pick rider one day and claimed he/she requested for taxifada. Just watching from afar, while I meant not to disrespect anyone, cos I've learnt couple of things and as well been inspired by the comrades here.

No be small thing!! Taxifada or we die here!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
Yes mine is manual infact its the best self, if its corolla less vandalism carry on bro na wahala
franksam2009:
Good morning sirs, I have a Clean car I intend registering in Uber, but the problem is the car has manual window, as in you have to wind d windows manually, will Uber and taxify accept this car please? It's a 2004 Corolla with working ac

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Nothing like working smart bros. You either work to die or work the car to die. Either way, something dies eventually! My projection is in an ideal situation where the car owner and driver come to an understanding that a certain target is ideal for the healthiness of the car and the driver.

Can you swear to me that you have had one single driver that drove one of your cars till the money you invested on that particular car was recovered? You know we are talking millions here right? You do know that even if you buy a car of 1.6 million minimum and have a driver remitting 35 k weekly, that its going to take more than a year to recover money invested alone? We have not started talking profit oo. Can you swear that a single driver was remitting 35k weekly till at least 2 million was made? Can we know the driver?

I speak for me only.. Most of my landing cost no fit pass 1.4m as a matter of fact my highest landing cost is 1.4m. The rest of the cars are between 1.1m to 1.2m range.
To talk of profit now na long story.. I have change management now. Before changing management I was running at a loss.. Manager will come story today, story 2mirrow. It got to the point that manager was stealing from drivers and stealing from owner. So I was getting it from both end. At that time I was not making profit. But since it has changed hands now , things have improved a bit. That is why I scale down from almost ten cars to about six cars. Mostly all tokunbo cars.. If you can get good drivers, the business is profit.. Keep in mind again my landing cost is very low compare to others. And when the going was good with uber, drivers were still making excuses not to deliver.. The same issues we had at the very first beginning of uber ,is still the same issues now ..drivers want to make more than the owner.. Drivers jumping from one partner to another.. That is why a lot of them will never ,never, never ever will be able to afford their own cars.. This is not a curse, I can go on and on .but time no dey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
pope191:

This is another part no fleet, partner or car owner cares about. One time, I made 120k for car owner and saved only 40k for myself in a month after expenses! That's after nearly driving myself to insanity! Because you fight crazy riders, Fight Danfo, Fight Keke, Fight Police, Fight Lastma... And to cap it all... Fight Armed or unarmed robbers!

I just sat in my house one night reminiscing all through night... "Is this what am endangering my life for? Danfo and Keke drivers make more than this na... Even one morning 3 months ago, a trailer nearly took me to the great beyond. Does Saraki children or Buhari children experience all these" Or is it because this one is packaged slavery?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Bros is this your new look?
Ouch who push me?
grin
But the business don get K leg true true if u now have cars you give out at 30k.

Not by force bro. Just drive your car jeje . If uber decides to park up now a lot of you guys will be crying.. Bottom line is when uber was good, driver still complain about delivery money. They still came up with excuses not to deliver.. Most are lazy ..not by force to drive.. Most of you guys or drivers want to be boss over night without paying the cost to be a boss. Personally my drivers are delivering between 30 to 35k weekly..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Freshmove: 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
dru23:

Some of your point is correct. Especially owners giving out dead cars. But rental between 28k to 25k is very wrong. I have five cars on uber . And delivery is between 30k to 35k. My brother uber is not by force.. You can find lots of factory jobs out there. Please don't come and give distorted views here. One of my pal still makes 100k weekly here. It boils down to how you work and how smart you work.. Again please knock it off with your distorted view of 25k to 28k .

Sent you a Pm kindly reply,thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2018
dru23:

I speak for me only.. Most of my landing cost no fit pass 1.4m as a matter of fact my highest landing cost is 1.4m. The rest of the cars are between 1.1m to 1.2m range.
To talk of profit now na long story.. I have change management now. Before changing management I was running at a loss.. Manager will come story today, story 2mirrow. It got to the point that manager was stealing from drivers and stealing from owner. So I was getting it from both end. At that time I was not making profit. But since it has changed hands now , things have improved a bit. That is why I scale down from almost ten cars to about six cars. Mostly all tokunbo cars.. If you can get good drivers, the business is profit.. Keep in mind again my landing cost is very low compare to others. And when the going was good with uber, drivers were still making excuses not to deliver.. The same issues we had at the very first beginning of uber ,is still the same issues now ..drivers want to make more than the owner.. Drivers jumping from one partner to another.. That is why a lot of them will never ,never, never ever will be able to afford their own cars.. This is not a curse, I can go on and on .but time no dey

What you said is mostly correct. At least am happy you acknowledged the fact that you ran at a loss initially and that things have change a quite lot in this Uber and taxify.. Abi Huber and taxifier... according to one driver!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
Freshmove:

Sent you a Pm kindly reply,thank you

dru23@hotmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
BillGoldberg:

What you said is mostly correct. At least am happy you acknowledged the fact that you ran at a loss initially and that things have change a quite lot in this Uber and taxify.. Abi Huber and taxifier... according to one driver!

Change a lot yes. But the same excuse that drivers were making when uber was uber ,when uber had top notch cars on the platform. Those excuses has not changed ,it still remained the same. So even if uber now becomes uber of the fresh beginning those excuses will still remain the same. No matter how good it is

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Bros is this your new look?
Ouch who push me?
grin
But the business don get K leg true true if u now have cars you give out at 30k.

Any business will get k-leg as long as you dont think outside the box. This is the big difference between rich dad and poor dad. People need to think outside the box. One of drivers does quite a few offline jobs. He has a good car and with good customer skills he is able to deliver.. As a matter of fact he even deliver a day earlier than the due date. Think outside the box and it will change your life. Again you are perfect example of a rich dad and poor dad.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
BillGoldberg:

No be small thing!! Taxifada or we die here!!

Lol... Nah soh

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingsley55(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
franksam2009:
Good morning sirs, I have a Clean car I intend registering in Uber, but the problem is the car has manual window, as in you have to wind d windows manually, will Uber and taxify accept this car please? It's a 2004 Corolla with working ac

Yes

I was in Abuja this week 3 of the taxify cars iused were all manual windows
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
franksam2009:

Pls phone no asap
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2018
BillGoldberg:
To prospective drivers who are new in this business... Hear me out... Especially if you are driving for someone. I have driven for 2 people before. One ended well only that owner was bankrupt and sold off car. The other client refused to service the car and I simply went and parked car jejely. These are some things I have learnt so far in this venture...

*Mind What you sign up for before carrying a car. Many cars being given to drivers are dead cars waiting for mortuary. I kid you not.

*With the unbearable traffic jam in Lagos now and taxify slashing prices, the least you can do now is between 25-28k... With the grace of God oo. Because should LASTMA or Police catch you defaulting while hustling, your whole week money is gone! I kid you not.
Car owner does not send you!

*With many drivers now on both platforms, the future of Uber and taxify in Nigeria is almost good as dead. Many graduates are now drivers. Failed businessmen are also turning to Uber. Problematic business issues have also turned so many people into drivers. Yours sincerely fall into this category. What this implies is that supply somehow outweighs demands. So drivers, use your sense and mind what you sign up for!

*On no account should you carry out any repairs whatsoever be it 1,000 on the car. Inasmuch as you give owner between 28-30 k weekly and you are consistent. All repairs are to be carried out by car owner! But make sure you are consistent with the money you remit per week!
Because from there, your tool of hustle will be maintained.

*Remember that your daily target should be at least 15k! Anything less than this is deceivin yourself. Let me break it down for you. 5k to car owner, 5k for fuel, 3k to settle both Uber and taxify commissions and then 1k for you! You see how stupid this business is? Because whether you like it or not, you must settle Uber and taxify and you must buy up to 5k Fuel! Have you seen Lagos traffic of late? I see when some drivers make 13k daily and are happy. Hahahahahahaha... Folly at its peak! Are you aware that within that 13k is your 5k fuel for next day? 5k for car owner that day? And almost 2k for 15% commission Settlement for the platforms you are driving on? And you have to eat for the day and pay other bills? Do you still think its a profitable venture?

*From my experience driving for someone of late... I discovered after 3 weeks that am just driving and making money for the car owner with nothing for myself! Because the terms and conditions of this business have changed drastically! Had to drop car.. So, look for a reasonable and sensible partner that understands a 50-50 situation for both driver and partner so that everybody is happy. Gospel truth.

*Many car rentals give out malfunctioning cars or bad cars to prospective drivers. More often than not, the driver before you is a very bad one and has damaged the car almost. Before you pick up a new car being given to you by either a partner or a fleet, do your due diligence and inspect that car well! Make sure that everything is 98% in order. Demand that fuel be given to you. At least half tank. All these is to make sure that you start running! If they expect 100% from you, why can't the tool given to you be in a 100%? Take this fact to the bank of you ever want to be succesful in this.

*Do not be deceived of how drivers are making millions. Its all wash. No driver is making that currently. Maybe before... But now? Lies lies lies! This stuff is not a business venture. I see it as something you use and hold body and soul together till you regain your feet or something better comes your way...

I will be contributing more of my experiences as time goes on.

As long as the car you are giving me is in perfect condition then I no that in the next 6 to 8 month's I shouldn't expect anything to be wrong with the car, nothing to be fixed, I usually accept their terms and condition

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
drestoneokuta:

Gospel truth, even if your driving your car its just hand to mouth.

Guys be careful, task force is out with full force.. Just parted away with a "whole week's delivery" any minor offence na gone!!!.

Taxify Na **am!!!! Na to apply find better job e better pass this slavery

What happen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2018
Christians, What's happening today

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
chillex8:
Christians, What's happening today

How? Hope that thing you are eating was not given to you by any church and you are eating?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
Forte oil, airport road on fire.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
BillGoldberg:

I just want to make it very clear. I ran at a lost not because the business is not profitable.. But because of bad manager, drivers, greedy mechanic etc.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
How are u guys finding today's traffic? Are u in any mad traffic? Share ur experience so others can take caution.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 3:53pm On Dec 07, 2018
Mjosh1000:
Yes mine is manual infact its the best self, if its corolla less vandalism carry on bro na wahala
Thanks alot bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
waks1:
How are u guys finding today's traffic? Are u in any mad traffic? Share ur experience so others can take caution.

You have Google maps .you don't need anybody to share for you.check there and see for yourself.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
Is it me and my cousin..Taxify is yet to pay me since last Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
dru23:

Any business will get k-leg as long as you dont think outside the box. This is the big difference between rich dad and poor dad. People need to think outside the box. One of drivers does quite a few offline jobs. He has a good car and with good customer skills he is able to deliver.. As a matter of fact he even deliver a day earlier than the due date. Think outside the box and it will change your life. Again you are perfect example of a rich dad and poor dad.

In my opinion what I think is gradually happening is that as more drivers keep joining the platform everyday so also are there more riders however uber/ taxify was not set up for driver rentals I think it is here in Nigeria we somehow found a way to make it happen and from weekly rental of 50k it has been coming down gradually now it is hovering between 25 and 30k some still higher and I wonder how those drivers are coping but what it is IMO that will happen is that driver rentals would eventually finish and you have everyone being a partner themselves because when owner wan chop and driver self still wan chop wet in go remain and they would be fuel, servicing and other miscellanous...make we dey observe dey go....
In other news am Patiently waiting for the mad Uber surge that will happen after Experience is over tomorrow morning.minimum of 2.0 things or even more..na to just wait make the surge catch fire before I go online even if na to do like 2 trips from TBS to Lekki or surulere back to back and Saturday morning don set....

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
1johnjohn:

Pls phone no asap

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
franksam2009:

Can we do WhatsApp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
1johnjohn:

Can we do WhatsApp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
Please let us try and be giving traffic updates especially mad ones.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
BillGoldberg:
Please let us try and be giving traffic updates especially mad ones.
but Google map always gives alternative best route

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
franksam2009:
but Google map always gives alternative best route

And you don't think it will be giving that same route to every other person? What do you think will be the eventual situation before you arrive?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
MrMan78:

Bros you're the one on the wrong thread, this is (If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here) not Delta State.

You are still on the wrong thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (5683) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Johnnybegood12, Littlejay(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.