Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4723218 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
nitigriti:
Positioning in places like shrine is good for finding trips, but risky. So here's how I go about it. I receive a trip, I call you. I ask where you are going to, how many riders, are we branching anywhere or going direct, are we picking other persons on the way or not, who is the person we are picking?

Then when the guys come, they will meet me standing by the car. I use eye gauge Dem as Dem dey come. If my spirit no gree, "Sorry guys, I can't go on this trip again. My fuel pump is acting up" ( then I try to start the car without success (security things)). I cancel, and if there is cancellation fee, I give you the #400 straight up. If there are more than 2 guys, I'm not going. If there is a guy and a lady, I will go, but the guy has to sit in front with me. And I tell them this very frankly, that it's for security sake. 2 guys and I will quickly evaluate and trust my instinct. Any number of ladies, I will go. In all cases, I don't stop along the road to poo, pee or buy anything. It's midnight, I won't stop.

Then I have a contingency plan. I'm at alert. There's this Parker pen I keep just beside the gear lever. If you think its a pen, you are on your own. There's also some twisted 20mm wire I keep on the dashboard. It's not koboko, and it's not on that dashboard for fun. It's for garrotting. I position my rear mirrors in such a way that I can see what's going on inside the car with my occupants. I keep the music very low. You need to be able to use your ears 100%. If you want me to blare music as we go, I'm not going.

Then your car is a defensive tool. If anyone in the car lunges at you, there's a way you can swerve that will get everyone in the car off balance; except you because na you dey make things happen. This will buy you time. My method will not work for everybody but I'm stubborn like that. If you will kill me, I will kukuma carry you go with me.

Toh, I don talk reach.

words of wisdom

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
brogxy:

All these are good but because of how much?

That's the hustle brother. People get killed on this job

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
377:
TAXIFY 2018 DUBAI TRIP & 90K CASH AWARD PUBLIC DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW COLLEAGUES, THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND THE ENTIRE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.

My dear colleagues, this is to inform u all under this platform that Taxify never gave me any 90k cash or sent me to Dubai on any trip. They only publicly announced me as the 2018 over all Top driver and secretly withdrew the award in 2019 without going back to the same platform tru which they announced me as the Winner to also inform them abt the withdrawal of the Award.
All of u except those that are very very closed to me think that I have gone to Dubai and back and that I must have also finished spending the 90k cash.
Obviously they had logistics issues, cos when I won the award, they told me we would be embarking on the trip by first week of January that I should get all the necessary documents ready. I didn't have Int'l passport I had to quickly raised 32k to get one.
By 2nd week of January they sent me a msg that I should get all my documents ready again by end of January that hence it is going to be a group trip so that everyone going on the trip would have enough time to perfect their documentations.
I got everything ready o!
U wont believe that by 15th of January this year Taxify blocked my account and said they noticed some irregularities in my acct that they were giving the Award to next person on the list and they also went ahead and blocked him and meanwhile that guy was the best driver of December 2018 and he has been maintaining that position constantIy.
I have been on the platform for good two years and I have never had a cause to go back to Taxify Office for a restraining.
When other companies give award, they perfect it immediately but Taxify will give in 2018 and secretly withdrew it in 2019.
I will do a voice note cos I can't express it enough in writing.
Thank u all for ur support.
pls forward this msg to every platform u belong and also all the Social medias and even to their office. This is an imbelic and a fraudulent act that must not be allowed to die in secret so that they won't repeat again.

Please I saw this message on nairaland platform so I felt I should forward it here.
Overia Sunday. overall top taxify driver 2018 report.
@⁨Sunny J TransportServices⁩

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

This is what I heard

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

words of wisdom

Thank you sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
taxiappguy:

This is what I heard
as a taxify driver, ain't you allowed to request for a ride or what?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
BOLT driver app was a total mess today
The new app was just cutting thru out my journey

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
franksam2009:

What they are trying to say is that a BOLT driver used his phone or a 2nd phone to make a request to him self that means he tried to trick the system, he would drive no rider but him self to the assumed destination

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
Rollitout:

What they are trying to say is that a BOLT driver used his phone or a 2nd phone to make a request to him self that means he tried to trick the system, he would drive no rider but him self to the assumed destination

Are they not supposed to verify everything before making announcements and giving out awards.
TTaxify abi bolt is just � poo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SUPPLYSNAIL: 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
set of neatly used nigerian used cars available for hire purchase
make: toyota corolla
year :2003/2004
price: 2.2m

call : 07014377736
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
franksam2009:
I don't think you can request yourself, they count it as fraudulent.
They say this in driver training

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
SUPPLYSNAIL:

I wanted to ignore back can't help it.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
nwizu042:

Are they not supposed to verify everything before making announcements and giving out awards.

On point sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
nwizu042:

They should.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
SUPPLYSNAIL:

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
Been trying to register on uber as driver but keep requesting for roadwothdiness cert and insurance policy documents. What have these gat to do with registering as driver partner? Someone should please educate me or maybe I'm not doing it in a proper way. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
brogxy:

All these are good but because of how much?

Lols loud itgrin The money no go still pass 1,000 naira.

Taxify/uber encourage these hapless drivers to take incredible risks and demean themselves all for peanuts. If you talk, people will ask you that shebi them no force you to drive.

Poverty is a terrible thing.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
nitigriti:
Positioning in places like shrine is good for finding trips, but risky. So here's how I go about it. I receive a trip, I call you. I ask where you are going to, how many riders, are we branching anywhere or going direct, are we picking other persons on the way or not, who is the person we are picking?

Then when the guys come, they will meet me standing by the car. I use eye gauge Dem as Dem dey come. If my spirit no gree, "Sorry guys, I can't go on this trip again. My fuel pump is acting up" ( then I try to start the car without success (security things)). I cancel, and if there is cancellation fee, I give you the #400 straight up. If there are more than 2 guys, I'm not going. If there is a guy and a lady, I will go, but the guy has to sit in front with me. And I tell them this very frankly, that it's for security sake. 2 guys and I will quickly evaluate and trust my instinct. Any number of ladies, I will go. In all cases, I don't stop along the road to poo, pee or buy anything. It's midnight, I won't stop.

Then I have a contingency plan. I'm at alert. There's this Parker pen I keep just beside the gear lever. If you think its a pen, you are on your own. There's also some twisted 20mm wire I keep on the dashboard. It's not koboko, and it's not on that dashboard for fun. It's for garrotting. I position my rear mirrors in such a way that I can see what's going on inside the car with my occupants. I keep the music very low. You need to be able to use your ears 100%. If you want me to blare music as we go, I'm not going.

Then your car is a defensive tool. If anyone in the car lunges at you, there's a way you can swerve that will get everyone in the car off balance; except you because na you dey make things happen. This will buy you time. My method will not work for everybody but I'm stubborn like that. If you will kill me, I will kukuma carry you go with me.

Toh, I don talk reach.

On point but me I don't do pickup in shrine anything past 8pm and it depends on where you are going.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teelacruz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
darmilolah:

On point but me I don't do pickup in shrine anything past 8pm and it depends on where you are going.

I do shrine wella but I choose my route.

Ikd - Shrine
Shrine - Ikd, Yaba but not Agege, NEVER!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ChijyWills(m): 10:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olalekan90(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Na wa for Taxify. We cant set destination on iPhone.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
Cos we are drivers does not mean we are not humans.
I got a request around 8:59 around surulere rider called I was closed to her pickup, she said I should wait for her, I no feel DAT area when I park it felt unsafe for me, I canceled and drove off 10mins later rider called again twice I didn't pick cos I was driving the next thing was a text mssg.

One day still dey come when I go break bottle for their head.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
darmilolah:

I start work daily b4 7am and close 7pm. On d average I make 12k net-profit weekdays. 16k net-profit weekend, I think its OK for me. I don't do after 7pm. My car is a corolla 05. I can't risk my life and d car. Riders to Musin at night is a high risk too. Don't let them do transfer for u.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 12:23am On Mar 17, 2019
377:
TAXIFY 2018 DUBAI TRIP & 90K CASH AWARD PUBLIC DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW COLLEAGUES, THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND THE ENTIRE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.

My dear colleagues, this is to inform u all under this platform that Taxify never gave me any 90k cash or sent me to Dubai on any trip. They only publicly announced me as the 2018 over all Top driver and secretly withdrew the award in 2019 without going back to the same platform tru which they announced me as the Winner to also inform them abt the withdrawal of the Award.
All of u except those that are very very closed to me think that I have gone to Dubai and back and that I must have also finished spending the 90k cash.
Obviously they had logistics issues, cos when I won the award, they told me we would be embarking on the trip by first week of January that I should get all the necessary documents ready. I didn't have Int'l passport I had to quickly raised 32k to get one.
By 2nd week of January they sent me a msg that I should get all my documents ready again by end of January that hence it is going to be a group trip so that everyone going on the trip would have enough time to perfect their documentations.
I got everything ready o!
U wont believe that by 15th of January this year Taxify blocked my account and said they noticed some irregularities in my acct that they were giving the Award to next person on the list and they also went ahead and blocked him and meanwhile that guy was the best driver of December 2018 and he has been maintaining that position constantIy.
I have been on the platform for good two years and I have never had a cause to go back to Taxify Office for a restraining.
When other companies give award, they perfect it immediately but Taxify will give in 2018 and secretly withdrew it in 2019.
I will do a voice note cos I can't express it enough in writing.
Thank u all for ur support.
pls forward this msg to every platform u belong and also all the Social medias and even to their office. This is an imbelic and a fraudulent act that must not be allowed to die in secret so that they won't repeat again.

Please I saw this message on nairaland platform so I felt I should forward it here.
Overia Sunday. overall top taxify driver 2018 report.
@⁨Sunny J TransportServices⁩

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

Get a lawyer and Sue them provided u no u are clean

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 12:24am On Mar 17, 2019
nitigriti:

Toh, I don talk reach.

Brilliant, very brilliant, you are just like me

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ARIINI: 12:31am On Mar 17, 2019
Who are the angels still viewing this thread by 12am?? grin grin

[color=#000099][/color]

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 12:43am On Mar 17, 2019
I just went offline from uber and taxify, drove empty from idi Araba to iju
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:02am On Mar 17, 2019
Computergloba:
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle.......

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around.

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-package

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 or sms vin and email address to +37257130685

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Custom Document Verification

https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:03am On Mar 17, 2019
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Contact us via Sms or Whatsapp or via BBM below
Call: 08060365068
Sms vin : 08060365068
Whatsapp us on +234-806-036-5068
BBM Pin : d8ba2588

Contact us directly on Whats-app now . Just a click away.
https:///+2348060365068

You can get a free comprehensive vehicle report here
https://www.nairaland.com/5041564/weekend-awoof-free-checks
https://www.nairaland.com/5034136/weekend-awoof-free-checks

✓ Verify Custom Documents and other verifiable documents
https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom/9#74845615
Contact us for documents verification on 08060365068
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phori: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Hello guys.. Pls I need ur input on this.. I got a corolla sport for uber.. But the check engine light is on tho d car is running perfectly fine..
After diagnosis it shows a P0010 error wic has to do with d camshaft timer solenoid or so...
I got that replaced but the check engine light is still on... Can I take it for inspection like that or sud I still chill.. Aside d check engine light the car is running perfectly. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 8:56am On Mar 17, 2019
teelacruz:

I do shrine wella but I choose my route.

Ikd - Shrine
Shrine - Ikd, Yaba but not Agege, NEVER!

Agege, iju, Fagba, oba wole (Red flag)

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by psamuell2(m): 9:23am On Mar 17, 2019
Can i use 2009 Toyota matrix for uber/taxify

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.