Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,090 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:43 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4662305 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) ... (5670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by carixma: 10:21am On May 07, 2019
adesupo2018:
Plsss oo my ogaas. Where can I get request on Bolt this morning in Surulere. I am only on bolt for now. Uber under process. Thanks
itire road/Lawanson is a good place to get request at this time of d day
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seyibal20: 10:28am On May 07, 2019
Do you still need this ? I can help out.

emirex50:
Hello house. How the hustle dey go? Abeg, I need TIN to register my payment account on Uber. How do I go about getting TIN now?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 10:35am On May 07, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2019
dru23:

Civic 03 to 05 should be around 1.2 to 1350.m depending on the condition.. 06 civic I don't know much about nor do I have experience ,bought, used or sell ... but I have an 04 tokunbo for sale, great shape, excellent condition... I will give u a call later on this week

Wud b expecting !!
Thanks !
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fossil: 11:35am On May 07, 2019
Hardeyghold:

Thank you, I really appreciate your response.

I have a mifi device, so probably that would be better and I could get mtn 4G sim so there won’t be issue with network.

The issue here is, I haven’t been to island (driving to island) most times I make use of uber or taxify or public transport.....and to use this google navigator system dey fear me o���.

Bridges for that island dey always confuse me o....and ah no wan lost or make rider start to dey say shit

Bro you would be fine so far you are interested in the biz, just start after you must have done your training, even the training they would tell you to always ask riders for preferred route, most of them are always willing to help with directions (for the nice one sha), Google map also comes in handy play around it before you start work, the truth is it would help you a lot most of us too when we started barely know Lagos route but google map helped a lot and when you constantly ply those routes in no time you self go turn guru... I remember one time on this thread a guy said when he started he barely knew Lagos routes but after some time he too became an expert with Lagos route and that now he only need Google map to get a rider just to his street, the story is same with most drivers too on this thread... You just conquer you fear by starting first and you would be fine at the end of the day.
NB. Be careful of these guys lastma, police, road safety, cbd, toying thug guys at the airport...they are our greatest enemies in this job. Ask questions always you would be fine. Take the leap of starting first. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hardeyghold(m): 11:47am On May 07, 2019
Fossil:

Bro you would be fine so far you are interested in the biz, just start after you must have done your training, even the training they would tell you to always ask riders for preferred route, most of them are always willing to help with directions (for the nice one sha), Google map also comes in handy play around it before you start work, the truth is it would help you a lot most of us too when we started barely know Lagos route but google map helped a lot and when you constantly ply those routes in no time you self go turn guru... I remember one time on this thread a guy said when he started he barely knew Lagos routes but after some time he too became an expert with Lagos route and that now he only need Google map to get a rider just to his street, the story is same with most drivers too on this thread... You just conquer you fear by starting first and you would be fine at the end of the day.
NB. Be careful of these guys lastma, police, road safety, cbd, toying thug guys at the airport...they are our greatest enemies in this job. Ask questions always you would be fine. Take the leap of starting first. Cheers

Thank you for your time and I’m glad about your response.

If I may, can I get a brief details about the training so I could have an idea about it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:55am On May 07, 2019
izzou:
grin grin grin

I only post bonuses please angry
Yeah, it still pay
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2019
Abeg house a 5min trip and yhu re stuck in traffic will bolt count join yhur trip, bcuz some trip wit many stops no dey bring good money at the end of d day
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fossil: 12:52pm On May 07, 2019
Hardeyghold:

Thank you for your time and I’m glad about your response.

If I may, can I get a brief details about the training so I could have an idea about it.

Welcome bro, Sure about the training, basically you would be trained on how to use the app, how to relate with riders, safety tips, and of course you would be allowed to ask questions so you need not worry bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2019
Blackbishop:
Abeg house a 5min trip and yhu re stuck in traffic will bolt count join yhur trip, bcuz some trip wit many stops no dey bring good money at the end of d day

It has to get to 3km before it adds all the benefits of the time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:01pm On May 07, 2019
izzou:

It has to get to 3km before it adds all the benefits of the time.

Not really. Even if it is 2km with about 40mins...it will be above #500

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2019
Ikeja GRA gurus help. I don't wanna leave here without a trip. I know Ogba got me, but I no wan go grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umonye(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2019
Epphy:

guys abeg how much should I charge for a trip from opebi Allen to ikoyi and finally dropping them off at the local airport ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hardeyghold(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2019
Fossil:

Welcome bro, Sure about the training, basically you would be trained on how to use the app, how to relate with riders, safety tips, and of course you would be allowed to ask questions so you need not worry bro

Thank you boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:27pm On May 07, 2019
umonye:
guys abeg how much should I charge for a trip from opebi Allen to ikoyi and finally dropping them off at the local airport ?

7k - 12k depending on how long you will spend with them

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 1:32pm On May 07, 2019
dru23:

Have been so busy to reply you... what you need to be asking me is how much is my maintenance costs etc.. You are talking about assumptions .. Deal with facts and facts only... yes we can agree that profitability is not like what it used to be ,when uber first came into Nigeria market.. That is Fact #1 ...Fact #2 it does not mean that the business is not profitable... also my profitability is a combination of at least 5 things...
1. Good driver ...if you have a good driver, your maintenance costs will reduce.. If the driver drives responsible, it will cut down on cost.

2. Mechanic... you need a mechanic that it is trust worthy. In the past I had very bad mechanic.. A lot of them use wrong parts and did poo jobs. I found out that I end up replacing the same parts over and over again.. It was a nightmare, most time the mechanic was using wrong parts... the new mechanic I have now is very good...

3. Maintenance... I maintain my cars very well ..from experience bad oil, coolant etc were constant issues for me. I had to sell all my uber cars due to the issue .now I do my own oil change and use my own oil filter.. With Mobil 1 oil Extended performance.. I change my oil and filters every 12k miles.. Compare that to someone changing every month and spending 5k naira doing oil change..

4. Types of vehicles... for you to succeed in this uber business.. You need good cars and reliable cars too.. You have to look at the currant profit margin of the business.. You have to t yourself, those it make sense buying corolla ,elantra, for the business.. Especially when the cost of those cars tokunbo go for about 1.6m upwards.. At the beginning I was shouting elantra up and down .. But as the profitability of uber changes, I had to adjust myself.. It didn't make any business using a car of 1.6m for uber anymore.. How long would it take you to make your money back.. So I had to look for alternative and I started using 03 to 05 civics. Those cars are great and rugged enough for uber.. And the landing cost for me is just excellent.. If I tell you my landing cost, you will not believe me ..so I don't need to reveal that to anyone...
Conclusion : Just because you didn't succeed in something ,does not mean others can't succeed ... once I get my other business running and stabilise, I will stop posting on the forum or I will do less of posting.. No matter how much you try to teach people, they still don't get it .. And pretty soon people will wonder why the next person in the same line of business is doing better... people need to learn from others...

You looked at the sentence that had your name and you ran with it... Go back and read everything again then come and rewrite your response or quote someone else cos I fail to see where I disagreed with your position on the present state of the business.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rainmoredays: 1:44pm On May 07, 2019
Blackbishop:
...you... And ...your....

How hard was it for you to spell it correctly

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 1:49pm On May 07, 2019
Good afternoon house...i will b changing cars sometime next week cos i want tk start doing bolt....can i go for the training before i register on bolt or i have to wait till after d reg
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2019
Epphy:

Really?

Never taken notice of that before.

How the road bros?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 2:46pm On May 07, 2019
rainmoredays:

It's just so sad, our youths are really in trouble.
your is four letters, why replace with yhur

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 2:47pm On May 07, 2019
izzou:

Really?

Never taken notice of that before.

How the road bros?

OK
Not bad...was in GRA waiting for almost two hours. I wanted to leave after about an hour but that was when tiredness creeped in. I just had a nap while I had my app on, Uber request from the next building woke me up grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rainmoredays: 2:48pm On May 07, 2019
Xneg:

I don't bother reading further when I see someone type with such nonsense
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:56pm On May 07, 2019
Epphy:

OK
Not bad...was in GRA waiting for almost two hours. I wanted to leave after about an hour but that was when tiredness creeped in. I just had a nap while I had my app on, Uber request from the next building woke me up grin

Confirm cool

Was at Dolphin taking a nap when Bolt woke me up.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:57pm On May 07, 2019
Xneg:

What if the letter "o" isn't working on his keypad? grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 3:00pm On May 07, 2019
izzou:

What if the letter "o" isn't working on his keypad? grin

Hahahhahhahhaa

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:00pm On May 07, 2019
izzou:

Confirm cool

Was at Dolphin taking a nap when Bolt woke me up.

Yes bolt alert can wake me but uber doesn't,
And d painful part is that I don't know how to check missed request on uber. Can anyone show me pls?
For Bolt it will log u off immediately
Uber will say something went wrong
And remain online.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2019
rainmoredays:

Lol
I think ladies are d originator of all these spellings
They can never spell anything correctly
It is for fun though

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umonye(m): 3:58pm On May 07, 2019
Epphy:

7k - 12k depending on how long you will spend with them
much thanks bro..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:03pm On May 07, 2019
Gentlelife50:

If I tell you I closed by 12 (because I had an offline to catch up with though it didn't work out) and made more than you nko?
First I got airport and set destination back to island and got to island and did two more trips on surge and got another one that took me to area because I was targeting an offline.
Stop behaving like a child.
Actually.. He is a child grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 4:09pm On May 07, 2019
umonye:
much thanks bro..

You're welcome. Hope it went well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chae: 4:23pm On May 07, 2019
Bolt hasn't pay me o, hop its general issue?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umonye(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2019
Epphy:

You're welcome. Hope it went well
still on the matter bro, too many stopover, we currently at Isaac John st..our final destination is now MM2..if I bill them 12k, e no bad ABI?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) ... (5670) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.