Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4724323 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2019
Skiilashi:

How is a civic?

What is the comparative advantage over an elentra 08?
I currently use an eletra 08 in good shape and I use the Mobil 1 only for service. The car engine is just doing fine. I have had issues only with front suspension which making a like noise now.

Same here.. my front wheel driver side makes noise when in bad roads..But silent on hood roads. Pls what is the solution. Also if I turn the wheel completely when the steering returns it makes a lil shaft sound. Pls advise

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by willy25(m): 11:30pm On May 08, 2019
mrjaydee:

Same here.. my front wheel driver side makes noise when in bad roads..But silent on hood roads. Pls what is the solution. Also if I turn the wheel completely when the steering returns it makes a lil shaft sound. Pls advise
The same happens with my Kia Rio '06. I was told its the shaft head.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:41pm On May 08, 2019
Elders in d house please come to my aid, don't let me go back to village like this... Ever since they change my serpentine belt, any battery I use runs down. At times it won't even roll. Thought it is alternator, but the car runs fine without battery. I've not been able to drive ( unless offline) because of dis. Thanks

Cc: General Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:38am On May 09, 2019
pope191:
Elders in f house please come to my aid, don't let me go back to village like this... Ever since they change my serpentine belt, any battery I use runs down. At times it won't even roll. Thought it is alternator, but the car runs fine without battery. I've not been able to drive ( unless offline) because of dis. Thanks
I'm suspecting wrong belt size,or the belt is not well tightened
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by carixma: 12:50am On May 09, 2019
Skiilashi:

Most uber drivers commonise the work and do not dress properly. When ever I am going out,I dress very well .semi coprate and look very sharp. When ever people look at me sef,they will think I am corporate company driver.

Some of those rude riders,when I go pick them and they see my appearance ,they will just be saying sir! sir!

Uber drivers should be proud of their job.

I do not have a tint on my car.i see all manner of tints and blinds drivers use. Are u ashamed?

There is dignity in labour
You are wrong about d tint on glasses! Ultraviolet rays from sun can cause skin cancer or damage your skin color. As for me I tinted my car because it enables me to work effectively when sun comes up. Most of my riders likes d tint, I have gotten alot of 5star from it. Tint makes AC more effective and makes d car looks cool when d weather is hot.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:04am On May 09, 2019
1daboi:
why do you write long epistle always? Try and summarize some times...,.. Gosh

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 1:36am On May 09, 2019
emmancecute:
I think it's better to just avoid some situations like he rightly said, A lot of bad belle people are here, waiting for the slightest drama

Well now somethings dey kinda make sense. Cos he was highly recommended for me when I won revamp my car and when I call somebody book Monday for me so I called before going and na him pick himself and he just bluntly tell me I need to go book online to know when chance go dey available. I vex but me no dey shout I dey just jump things pass. But I just categories am as one of those people.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:13am On May 09, 2019
Fresh big daddy for 30k weekly rental plus I service.. Is that a good bargain?. And if I opt for HP, what should I consider and @ how much. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 2:14am On May 09, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9184340_newbanner1_jpegfc3de7d417f70604260d5f979ca89522

Premium V I N Checks & Reports

https://www.nairaland.com/CarGuideNG

https:///+2347011116171 Direct WhatsApp Chat

+234-701-111-6171. SMS/Call/Whatsapp/WeChat
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:04am On May 09, 2019
eherbal:
I'm suspecting wrong belt size,or the belt is not well tightened
It it the right belt and well tightened sir... I complained about the pattern, but Kazeem said if the pattern is wrong, belt won't have fit in.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 4:46am On May 09, 2019
Pls how much did it cost you to tint your car and how do you go about getting the tinted permit.
Awaiting your response sir
carixma:
You are wrong about d tint on glasses! Ultraviolet rays from sun can cause skin cancer or damage your skin color. As for me I tinted my car because it enables me to work effectively when sun comes up. Most of my riders likes d tint, I have gotten alot of 5star from it. Tint makes AC more effective and makes d car looks cool when d weather is hot.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 6:22am On May 09, 2019
GforGee:

As in enh, I've met someone who pays 35k on HP. I met another who pays 30k, HP.
35k on rental is plenty.

I even know 3 guys thats drives corollas on HP at 25k, 2 of them are toks 3m 25k while other one na naija used so reasonable people are still around na people dey corupt their mind

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:23am On May 09, 2019
dru23:

In my own personal experience, the civic is a bit stronger than the elantra suspension wise. The elantra has a better ground clearance compare to the civic... so each car has is owns plus and minus... the elantra suspension at times makes a lot of noise.... Most time with car parts like suspension, you need to get a brand new one or better yet a very good quality tokunbo.. Once you can get those those things rite ,you wouldn't have an issue .. I don't want people coming out saying that elantra has bad suspension etc ..if you get good quality part. You will be ok.
Also the reason why am going for civics, 03 to 05 ..it is Base on the fact that I can get it cheaper, way cheaper than the elantra.. And keep in mind the elantra is getting more expensive to buy.. Getting an elantra is almost as expensive as corolla.. With the civic I can get my money back faster than the elantra, due to fact the civic is cheaper for me to get.. Continue using Mobil 1 oil 5w30 and you will enjoy the elantra for years to come. And also I do have two elantra on my fleet.. Good cars no major problems at all

Please how much is this oil and can I use it for my cr-v 04
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 6:55am On May 09, 2019
lakkyflow:
Thanks Bro I was thinking of it higher like 2.0/2.4 , I might not meet up?

Yes it's a 2.0 but it is excellent with it comes to fuel
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 7:00am On May 09, 2019
dru23:

In my own personal experience, the civic is a bit stronger than the elantra suspension wise. The elantra has a better ground clearance compare to the civic... so each car has is owns plus and minus... the elantra suspension at times makes a lot of noise.... Most time with car parts like suspension, you need to get a brand new one or better yet a very good quality tokunbo.. Once you can get those those things rite ,you wouldn't have an issue .. I don't want people coming out saying that elantra has bad suspension etc ..if you get good quality part. You will be ok.
Also the reason why am going for civics, 03 to 05 ..it is Base on the fact that I can get it cheaper, way cheaper than the elantra.. And keep in mind the elantra is getting more expensive to buy.. Getting an elantra is almost as expensive as corolla.. With the civic I can get my money back faster than the elantra, due to fact the civic is cheaper for me to get.. Continue using Mobil 1 oil 5w30 and you will enjoy the elantra for years to come. And also I do have two elantra on my fleet.. Good cars no major problems at all

The downside of elantra.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 7:40am On May 09, 2019
1daboi:
why do you write long epistle always? Try and summarize some times...,.. Gosh

This is not funny sir, don't do it again. He just positively contributed to the purpose of the group. If you can't read it, please don't. But most importantly, do not discourage him from writing to those who wants to read.
I'm not disrespecting you, I just don't want you to discourage someone that helps!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 7:44am On May 09, 2019
mrjaydee:

Two problems. The shaft and the bearing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2019
Xneg:

The downside of elantra.

If you get genuine parts for it ,you wouldn't have any issue.. I bring in my own parts.. So I don't have issues at all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:41am On May 09, 2019
Crvrider:

Please how much is this oil and can I use it for my cr-v 04

Your crv uses 5w20 but at the same check your oil cap too. I do have the 5w20 for sale for 17k. Make sure you use high grade oil filters .. Also if you have not been using the correct oil for your car, it might be too late to use mobil oil .. Mobil 1 oil is might to keep and protect your engine running .... It will not work after you might have abuse your engine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2019
pope191:

It it the right belt and well tightened sir... I complained about the pattern, but Kazeem said if the pattern is wrong, belt won't have fit in.
Next time, ensure you take a pix of it before it is replaced. A mechanic nearly ruin this until Google helped us

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 8:49am On May 09, 2019
Skiilashi:

Most uber drivers commonise the work and do not dress properly. When ever I am going out,I dress very well .semi coprate and look very sharp. When ever people look at me sef,they will think I am corporate company driver.

Some of those rude riders,when I go pick them and they see my appearance ,they will just be saying sir! sir!

Uber drivers should be proud of their job.

I do not have a tint on my car.i see all manner of tints and blinds drivers use. Are u ashamed?

There is dignity in labour
The bold is not true
It is a well know fact that big guys also engage in Uber at their spare time. Uber is not a demeaning job any one should be ashamed of at all.
How can one be ashamed when u are inside ur car, whether u tint ur glass or not, d rider will still see u, so it makes no difference. People tint for so many reasons, some tint can really make a car look fine on d outside. U need to see some tinted 03-07 corolla with alloy wheel, u will be wondering if it is corolla, they look fine and different on d road & i know most riders appreciate it. But saying people tint because they are ashamed is not part of it honestly.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skiilashi(m): 8:57am On May 09, 2019
Rubbiish:

The bold is not true
It is a well know fact that big guys also engage in Uber at their spare time. Uber is not a demeaning job any one should be ashamed of at all.
How can one be ashamed when u are inside ur car, whether u tint ur glass or not, d rider will still see u, so it makes no difference. People tint for so many reasons, some tint can really make a car look fine on d outside. U need to see some tinted 03-07 corolla with alloy wheel, u will be wondering if it is corolla, they look fine and different on d road & i know most riders appreciate it. But saying people tint because they are ashamed is not part of it honestly.

English is not very difficult!
Although lot of people fail comprehension in English in school.

I chose my words carefully. I said ,I see all manner of tints. What that statement simply means is that,some tints and window blinds are out of it while some may be okay. Some are just out of the world and very unusual.

Secondly,I did not say anyone is ashame.did you see a question Mark I asked a question.

Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:06am On May 09, 2019
GforGee:

This is not funny sir, don't do it again. He just positively contributed to the purpose of the group. If you can't read it, please don't. But most importantly, do not discourage him from writing to those who wants to read.
I'm not disrespecting you, I just don't want you to discourage someone that helps!
lemme just ignore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 9:11am On May 09, 2019
Skiilashi:

English is not very difficult!
Although lot of people fail comprehension in English in school.

I chose my words carefully. I said ,I see all manner of tints. What that statement simply means is that,some tints and window blinds are out of it while some may be okay. Some are just out of the world and very unusual.

Secondly,I did not say anyone is ashame.did you see a question Mark I asked a question.

Thank u
@bold u asked a question & i replied it has nothing to do with shame. I see no reason why u re getting so frustrated quickly about this?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:54am On May 09, 2019
carixma:

Correct... Yesterday 38 degrees sun... In Lagos fa. Make Lagos people stop their bad deeds o coz hell is getting closer.
But he's right about the dressing thing though, I see some very unkempt drivers coupled with dirty banged up cars and I wonder how you'd expect to be treated

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2019
Had my share of failed trip this morning. I picked rider from Allen avenue enroute Victoria Island, checked map, and ikorodu road was better than 3mb. Got to yaba and I checked fare only to discover app went off. Launched it back, checked fare and I saw #500. Immediately, I told my Indian rider and he was like it was because there was no traffic, the fare would increase as we proceed he said. With a straight face, I sharply told him there's no way fare would have been #500 from ikeja to yaba and he replied by saying he would add extra to the fare. Got to destination, rider gave me 3k, me I no kuku do fare review again.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2019
XGhost:

Correct... Yesterday 38 degrees sun... In Lagos fa. Make Lagos people stop their bad deeds o coz hell is getting closer.
But he's right about the dressing thing though, I see some very unkempt drivers coupled with dirty banged up cars and I wonder how you'd expect to be treated
was engine just started?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:02am On May 09, 2019
timilehing:
Next time, ensure you take a pix of it before it is replaced. A mechanic nearly ruin this until Google helped us

I already gave this boss, but seems the Boris they change beside the alternator is not functioning well, as I was ask to completely change the pulley. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:08am On May 09, 2019
vicolame:

I even know 3 guys thats drives corollas on HP at 25k, 2 of them are toks 3m 25k while other one na naija used so reasonable people are still around na people dey corupt their mind

Personally I don't see how 25k for hp is wise.
HP is a rent to own package so the quicker it is paid off the better for the driver. Paying 25k weekly may only play into the owners snare as it gives longer period for complications to crop up and then owner retrieves the vehicle leaving the driver with nothing, especially if driver hasn't been saving.
25k×4=100k
100k×12=1.2m

So it'll take him 2.5 years to pay off the car
Mind you, he's servicing and fixing whenever car issues arise.
Let's assume year 1 goes without major car trouble, year 2 will definitely have some as age and wear starts to creep up on the vehicle. Savings start to go into maintenance etc
25k might look good in the short term but, look at the long game.
So who's actually at an advantage here, driver or owner??
... Let's be thinking o

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:14am On May 09, 2019
GforGee:

Two problems. The shaft and the bearing.
tnx boss.. any reliable mechanic you can recommend? I stay in yaba. Also any rough estimate?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2019
A 6 month straight rental deal on tokunbo civic !
@ 30k per week
Wit 50k returned to d driver @ 25k afta d first three month nd subsequently !!
All tinz bin equal

House is dz bargain fair enoff
Na question I dey ask ..abeg oo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2019
XGhost:

Personally I don't see how 25k for hp is wise.
HP is a rent to own package so the quicker it is paid off the better for the driver. Paying 25k weekly may only play into the owners snare as it gives longer period for complications to crop up and then owner retrieves the vehicle leaving the driver with nothing, especially if driver hasn't been saving.
25k×4=100k
100k×12=1.2m

So it'll take him 2.5 years to pay off the car
Mind you, he's servicing and fixing whenever car issues arise.
Let's assume year 1 goes without major car trouble, year 2 will definitely have some as age and wear starts to creep up on the vehicle. Savings start to go into maintenance etc
25k might look good in the short term but, look at the long game.
So who's actually at an advantage here, driver or owner??
... Let's be thinking o

Ehailing not designed for rental or HP sef. @25k they will still default as car will need serious repairs after 50,000-70,000 miles of use

(1) (2) (3) ... (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.