Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721866 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:26am On May 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Ehailing not designed for rental or HP sef. @25k they will still default as car will need serious repairs after 50,000-70,000 miles of use

I have said it too o, but they came for me.
... But what do I know

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:56am On May 09, 2019
Deigofortune:

Am sorry Bro!...they vacancy have been taking..!!
Thanks for your interest..!! �
Cheers

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:57am On May 09, 2019
izzou:

Driving 2.4L in this business no easy., 30k is just perfect for 7 days

But he wants 6 days for 30k still. That's an incredible offer I'll love to take cool
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 10:57am On May 09, 2019
mrjaydee:
tnx boss.. any reliable mechanic you can recommend? I stay in yaba. Also any rough estimate?

Oops! You stay far away for my recommendation. He's at Jankara (in Agege). But if you think it's no problem. I'll give you his contact.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2019
How can I change it from °f to °c
XGhost:

Correct... Yesterday 38 degrees sun... In Lagos fa. Make Lagos people stop their bad deeds o coz hell is getting closer.
But he's right about the dressing thing though, I see some very unkempt drivers coupled with dirty banged up cars and I wonder how you'd expect to be treated
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 11:03am On May 09, 2019
XGhost:

Personally I don't see how 25k for hp is wise.
HP is a rent to own package so the quicker it is paid off the better for the driver. Paying 25k weekly may only play into the owners snare as it gives longer period for complications to crop up and then owner retrieves the vehicle leaving the driver with nothing, especially if driver hasn't been saving.
25k×4=100k
100k×12=1.2m

So it'll take him 2.5 years to pay off the car
Mind you, he's servicing and fixing whenever car issues arise.
Let's assume year 1 goes without major car trouble, year 2 will definitely have some as age and wear starts to creep up on the vehicle. Savings start to go into maintenance etc
25k might look good in the short term but, look at the long game.
So who's actually at an advantage here, driver or owner??
... Let's be thinking o

You're right oo. It's just unfortunate that the uncertainty of the business is still high, if not, I would love to pay up as soon as possible so as to enjoy the ownership of the vehicle quickly and count profit quickly too.
Gazzuzz has been right and will continue to be, E-hailing is not designed for rental, even HP. But as the country's situation is, we've got no choice!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 11:06am On May 09, 2019
Mjosh1000:
you can't change it, Different S.I units. America / Canada
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:11am On May 09, 2019
dru23:

Your crv uses 5w20 but at the same check your oil cap too. I do have the 5w20 for sale for 17k. Make sure you use high grade oil filters .. Also if you have not been using the correct oil for your car, it might be too late to use mobil oil .. Mobil 1 oil is might to keep and protect your engine running .... It will not work after you might have abuse your engine.

Quite correct sir the recommended oil for my car is SAE 5w20. However the last oil change or rather the first oil change I did after I bought the car (Nigerian use) was Mobil xhp. Secondly can you please advise: every 2-3 days I pour a medium sized cup of water in my radiator, is this normal? However, if I decide to use coolant I was thinking of going for the one made by Total and then mix 50/50(coolant/water). What's your take please, first with regards the oil and then the coolant? Waiting...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:24am On May 09, 2019
lakkyflow:
Good morning Everyone .. Pleases kindly advice on Hyundai Elantra 2008 @ 30k Delivery weekly .... If it is higher than 1.6L Engine , PLEASE IS IT GOOD TO GO ??
Yes. Jump on it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 11:25am On May 09, 2019
Mjosh1000:

I don't know o... It's never occurred to me set. That's how the car came, Canada
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2019
Sakamanjeh99:
A 6 month straight rental deal on tokunbo civic !
@ 30k per week
Wit 50k returned to d driver @ 25k afta d first three month nd subsequently !!
All tinz bin equal

House is dz bargain fair enoff
Na question I dey ask ..abeg oo
grin grin sharp deal grin grin na druhill ft sisquo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2019
Crvrider:

Quite correct sir the recommended oil for my car is SAE 5w20. However the last oil change or rather the first oil change I did after I bought the car (Nigerian use) was Mobil xhp. Secondly can you please advise: every 2-3 days I pour a medium sized cup of water in my radiator, is this normal? However, if I decide to use coolant I was thinking of going for the one made by Total and then mix 50/50(coolant/water). What's your take please, first with regards the oil and then the coolant? Waiting...

Never, never ever use water in your radiator unless for emergency purposes, the constant use of water in your radiator will coz rust and damage the radiator.. Water in your radiator boils at high speed compare to coolant.. Most of my stuff I import.. I do use Prestone coolant ..... I can only vouch for what I use..
Since am not a mechanic, I tend to use common sense and research when dealing with my cars.. My advice is for you to take your car to a professional shop like radauto in Lekki ..have them check the engine and radiator if the car .. To see the extend of the abuse if any ... if there is no sign of abuse, than you can than start or continue to care for your car. That will be my advice...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:46am On May 09, 2019
ifyeez:
So many new faces on these thread, it's no longer interesting. undecided undecided undecided
I de teh you sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:57am On May 09, 2019
dru23:

Never, never ever use water in your radiator unless for emergency purposes, the constant use of water in your radiator will coz rust and damage the radiator.. Water in your radiator boils at high speed compare to coolant.. Most of my stuff I import.. I do use Prestone coolant ..... I can only vouch for what I use..
Since am not a mechanic, I tend to use common sense and research when dealing with my cars.. My advice is for you to take your car to a professional shop like radauto in Lekki ..have them check the engine and radiator if the car .. To see the extend of the abuse if any ... if there is no sign of abuse, than you can than start or continue to care for your car. That will be my advice...

Oga dru23 I know say na me ask for advice and you give advice. But first off, I live in igando driving down to lekki is really not a big deal but I just want to emphasis on that point. Now if I take myself and my car go this lekki autoshop are you sure they will not charge me the same amount I bought the car for repairs? This one no be restaurant when you go wash plate after you chop finish and you no get money to pay o. Don't get me wrong, though. If I have the money I will spend good on what I love but as at the moment I am trying to survive.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2019
emmancecute:
was engine just started?
Was about to ask same question too, once I drive mine for some time it will hardly go this low throughout the day.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:21pm On May 09, 2019
Crvrider:

Oga dru23 I know say na me ask for advice and you give advice. But first off, I live in igando driving down to lekki is really not a big deal but I just want to emphasis on that point. Now if I take myself and my car go this lekki autoshop are you sure they will not charge me the same amount I bought the car for repairs? This one no be restaurant when you go wash plate after you chop finish and you no get money to pay o. Don't get me wrong, though. If I have the money I will spend good on what I love but as at the moment I am trying to survive.

If dey bring you bill wey pass the cost of the motor.. The best thing to do is respect yourself quietly and leave.. Till than go check am out

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 12:34pm On May 09, 2019
mymotong:
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobilize, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 25K (without Online Platform), 30K (with Lifetime access to online platform/app).

Call us on 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

WHY DOES YOUR CAR NEED MYMOTO TRACKER

(1) Security: While anti-theft systems like push-buttons before car start, gear lock, pedal locks etc… are good, ONLY A TRACKING SYSTEM LIKE OURS ALLOWS YOU TO RECOVER (AND ALSO PROTECT) YOUR VEHICLE IF YOUR CAR IS HIJACKED FROM YOU WHILE DRIVING. Our trackers are both anti-theft and recovery in nature. e.g. You should shutdown your car before you sleep at night or park in a public space. Whenever you need to start the car, you enable it also.

(2) Remote Monitoring: GPS Security trackers allows you to monitor your vehicle location remotely from your phone. You are able to view your car’s location in real time (from our IOS/ANDROID APPS).

(3) Vehicle History: Through our online platform (IOS/ANDROID APPS) , you can view where your car had been between DAY X and DAY Y. A plot is shown on a map showing your car’s movement over this period of time.

(4) Remotely Stop Your Car: With our security GPS tracker, you are able to stop your car from ANY PHONE with an sms command. This function can also be carried out through our online platforms.

(5) Geo-Fencing Alarm:If your car goes beyond set a radius (or multi-point), say Lagos, you will be notified by sms.

(6) Other alarms (Over-speed Alarm, Ignition On Alarm, Low Battery Alarm ): Over-speed alarms notifies you via sms when your car goes beyond a particular speed. Ignition on notifies you WHENEVER your car is started. Low Battery Alarm lets you know when your car battery is low.

(7) Daily Mileage report (online platform): Daily mileage report shows you a daily chart (in KM) of your car.

We have heard of one or two expereience of how clients were able to recover their vehicles BECAUSE THEY HAD A TRACKER INSTALLED IN IT. We will be sharing some of them with you based on TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCES.

If you have had personal experiences also, kindly share with us.

WE STILL INSTALL THE MOST AFFORDABLE TRACKERS AROUND STARTING FROM 25K (VARIES WITH CAR MODEL).

CONTACT US ON 09032614208 OR 08060675824. More details on tracker: https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/

WE ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT OFFERS FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO OUR ONLINE PLATFORMS FOR MONITORING/STOPpING YOUR CAR.

YOU'VE SPENT QUITE MUCH TO ACQUIRE YOUR CAR, SECURE IT WITH A TRACKER. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Story 1
During one of our installs, the client shared with us how Mr Ayo (not his real name) borrowed his brothers car, and waylaid in the night somewhere in Lagos. Unknown to the thieves, the car had a tracker in it. That same night they tracked the vehicle to a military baracks (apparenntly the thieves had accomplices with military connections). They went with the police and they were able to recover the car (THE DEMOBILIZE FUNCTION OF THE TRACKER WAS USED TO ENSURE THE CAR DID NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY GOT TO THAT LOCATION)...

Story 2
Mr Bayo was bout entering his car in the night somewhere in Lagos when he was attacked. He immediately used his phone to demobilize the car some minutes after they had zoomed away with the car. The thieves ran away when they discovered the car wasn't strating again. The car was tracked to Ajah. Apparently the thieves ran away in fear with the keys of the car grin

If you have similar stories please share with us...

Call/Whatsapp 08060675824 for details on how to schedule an installation.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2019
Some say all sorts online and do otherwise offline.
Talk about double standards.

Spits

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 1:09pm On May 09, 2019
So, I enjoyed this car for just one week out of seven weeks of usage. I don drop am. Hoping for a better one.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skiilashi(m): 1:16pm On May 09, 2019
Rubbiish:

@bold u asked a question & i replied it has nothing to do with shame. I see no reason why u re getting so frustrated quickly about this?

You still getting it wrong.on this kind of question,You can only speak for your self.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 1:33pm On May 09, 2019
GforGee:
So, I enjoyed this car for just one week out of seven weeks of usage. I don drop am. Hoping for a better one.
grin grin tell us the story grin grin were u given à dead car? grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 2:00pm On May 09, 2019
emmancecute:
was engine just started?

Yup
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 2:05pm On May 09, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Was about to ask same question too, once I drive mine for some time it will hardly go this low throughout the day.

It's 38°c not 38°f
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin tell us the story grin grin were u given à dead car? I doubt. He said he's enjoyed it for one week. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin tell us the story grin grin were u given à dead car?
I doubt. He said he's enjoyed it for one week. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2019
Abeg how I take write my yhu ND yhur take affect some people reasoning? Must yhu all b bitter like everyday of yhur life na by d book..... Na forum we call am not Jamb center.. Abeg BAD ENERGY STAY AWAY FROM MY COMMENTS.. OR ELSE NA HAND JUDGEMENTS. I no Sabi write much ooolo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kayusmile(m): 2:28pm On May 09, 2019
my brothers in the huz..pls sales have been dull for me since monday..just 2 trips for me since morning..waited in ajah for abt one hour..no request..now in front of mega chicken at lekki epe exp way..pls is it everywhere or is it that my positioning skill is not good enuf..pls help out..thnx

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 2:54pm On May 09, 2019
kayusmile:
my brothers in the huz..pls sales have been dull for me since monday..just 2 trips for me since morning..waited in ajah for abt one hour..no request..now in front of mega chicken at lekki epe exp way..pls is it everywhere or is it that my positioning skill is not good enuf..pls help out..thnx
bro na almost everywhere o. Waited in vi for almost 2hrs. Shit is crazy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:55pm On May 09, 2019
kayusmile:

Winter is here sha but you still need to try more.

You'll be fine

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2019
grin

When you do short trips, and wait hours for them....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 2:58pm On May 09, 2019
kayusmile:
Its not as that bad especially with the rain. Are you on both platform?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.