Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,374 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4713596 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) ... (5683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 9:05pm On May 11, 2019
sconp:

That road is fast becoming a nightmare o, about 2weeks ago na bike I take escape there from magboro to berger.

Last week Thursday, inward Lagos was free but outward was hell around 7:30pm

I dey fear that road for evening and I need pass am soon. cry
Any trip beyond Opic is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 9:20pm On May 11, 2019
Please has anybody experienced this, at times riders call comes to my Airtel number and the number is not the registered number on my Uber and Bolt accs. The registered number on both apps is a glo line and whenever the Airtel rings after accepting a request i will know it's the rider and when I check the glo line phone it's either its off mistakenly or no network on it and Tax ify and Uber already confirmed I have only the glo line on my acct.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:28pm On May 11, 2019
kola42:

Pls bro, how’s the fuel consumption like??
Very fuel economical
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rainmoredays: 9:33pm On May 11, 2019
Megadrop:
Please has anybody experienced this, at times riders call comes to my Airtel number and the number is not the registered number on my Uber and Bolt accs. The registered number on both apps is a glo line and whenever the Airtel rings after accepting a request i will know it's the rider and when I check the glo line phone it's either its off mistakenly or no network on it and Tax ify and Uber already confirmed I have only the glo line on my acct.
oh critical

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:06pm On May 11, 2019
worked late....
destination trip grabbed wink

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 10:16pm On May 11, 2019
What is the solution to riders lying about their destination when you ask them? I usually don't ask during the day but at night I must ask because I can't go to unfamiliar places. So I picked some girls from badore, they were going to a club nearby, they could have simply walked, when I asked she said she was going to vi, I got to pick up and started trip as soon as they got in, I saw 5mins, I was like please update the destination, one of the girl was bold enough to tell me she had to lie because 3 drivers had canceled and so that's what they do when they are going on short trips? I was upset because it took me more than 15mins to locate her place and about 4km from ajar underbridge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 10:42pm On May 11, 2019
Xneg:
What is the solution to riders lying about their destination when you ask them? I usually don't ask during the day but at night I must ask because I can't go to unfamiliar places. So I picked some girls from badore, they were going to a club nearby, they could have simply walked, when I asked she said she was going to vi, I got to pick up and started trip as soon as they got in, I saw 5mins, I was like please update the destination, one of the girl was bold enough to tell me she had to lie because 3 drivers had canceled and so that's what they do when they are going on short trips? I was upset because it took me more than 15mins to locate her place and about 4km from ajar underbridge.
Sorry. You won't stop experiencing that as long as you drive on Ehailing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:06pm On May 11, 2019
Megadrop:
Please has anybody experienced this, at times riders call comes to my Airtel number and the number is not the registered number on my Uber and Bolt accs. The registered number on both apps is a glo line and whenever the Airtel rings after accepting a request i will know it's the rider and when I check the glo line phone it's either its off mistakenly or o network on it and Tax ify and Uber already confirmed I have only the glo line on my acct.
You have forwarded your glo calls to your airtel line when glo is unavailable

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:09pm On May 11, 2019
Xneg:
No solution bro, just swear for them and move on

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:31pm On May 11, 2019
Xneg:

Be strong boss... Time will reveal how to deal wit dem, most I cancel such trip

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexini: 11:34pm On May 11, 2019
Uber in the US is settling it’s driver-partners after
Court case...

Drivers in Nigeria can learn a thing or two from this

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/09/tech/uber-driver-deal/index.html?utm_content=2019-05-09T13%3A03%3A02&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=fbbusiness&fbclid=IwAR1VOYw1zEnwZrCPFpKEVm3lDc4OYAm7_cFJtNAwXco4QftfO6vgk26aRdg

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 11:50pm On May 11, 2019
deedee44:

No solution bro, just swear for them and move on
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 2:02am On May 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
sadly I noticed more Ehailing vehicles have turned to local cabs in the lekki area. Seems they make more by picking up people by the roadside.

Nah those are the usual suspects... banned for life on uber/taxify via judgment without trial.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnp(m): 5:43am On May 12, 2019
Eyes dey see for this job o....someone requested me for an older rider...i got there she came out with two 25litrs keg and two 30litrs keg and I asked if she was going to buy fuel in them but she no answer me...i pack dem put for boot started d ride and saw Alaka as destination from Chevron so I just concluded that she's taking d galoons empty. We follow short cuts burst out at agungi and she asked me to enter a compound and park she then asked the gatekeeper to start fetching water in the kegs��‍♂and drop them in my trunk��‍♂120litrs of water naim I wan carry from Agungi to Alaka o� omo I vex come down drop d two wey dem don fetch keep inside my boot cancel d trip ni o...... Copied

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lollyboy(m): 6:13am On May 12, 2019
lexini:
Uber in the US is settling it’s driver-partners after
Court case...

Drivers in Nigeria can learn a thing or two from this

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/09/tech/uber-driver-deal/index.html?utm_content=2019-05-09T13%3A03%3A02&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=fbbusiness&fbclid=IwAR1VOYw1zEnwZrCPFpKEVm3lDc4OYAm7_cFJtNAwXco4QftfO6vgk26aRdg

Lol people have common sense over there..
Down here its rare my brother

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skiilashi(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2019
emmancecute:
lots of sleep does the magic for me.

For how many days?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Skiilashi(m): 8:17am On May 12, 2019
Xneg:

Very simple!

Teach them good lessons.

As soon as you notice it, do not complain ,just jejely end the trip and ask them to come down.

I have done it a couple of times.

It is called ride sharing. No be by force.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 8:45am On May 12, 2019
Skiilashi:

For how many days?
days ke! Wen person no be Jonah. Just some couple of hours.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by doroboss(m): 8:47am On May 12, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 8:52am On May 12, 2019
Skiilashi:

Very simple!

Teach them good lessons.

As soon as you notice it, do not complain ,just jejely end the trip and ask them to come down.

The truth is a lot of drivers condone shit all in the name of yeye customer service. Customer service like they're paying premium for it, you put out yeye fares, you get yeye attitude. Most female riders have accussed me for looking too serious, that I don't wear a friendly look and I like it like that. If you tell me a destination, and I start only for me to see another place that does not favour me, I'll end the trip final.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sammirano: 9:49am On May 12, 2019
Xneg:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chae: 9:56am On May 12, 2019
So we shouldn't ask abi? Till deh take you to deadend and u r unable to c a rider back also ended up spoiling your car, oga ade that can not work here jawre [quote author=sammirano post=78321460][/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 10:10am On May 12, 2019
[quote author=sammirano post=78321460][/quote]

If I were an uber driver in America, where you have good roads everywhere, I wouldn't bother asking, that does not apply to Nigeria where a rider would take you to where he or she can't use their cars, safety concerns are another to be considered.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 10:15am On May 12, 2019
Like going to okokomiko or mazamaze

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Terrence15115: 10:41am On May 12, 2019
I've driven on both platforms and i can say without prejudice that its really not worth it, especially if you do not own your car. Like most employers here, Uber and Bolt are taking serious advantage of the high unemployment rate in Nigeria. Things they cant get away with in other countries, they do here. There are so many challenges a driver faces that is not commensurate with the revenue at the end of the day. And like our country Nigeria, young people cannot come together to speak with one voice to end the injustice and unfair play. It is quite ridiculous that you will drive to pick a rider at home, wait and drive him/her to his/her destination in an airconditioned vehicle and still charge same or less what a yellow cab will. I can assure you, if all the drivers on this platform, down tools for a week, they will adjust. Its so simple, THEY CANNOT make money without the drivers. It is a little sacrifice that will reduce all the complaints made here. It is not too much to ask for. Ehailing is not for everyone, it should be a premium service and it is up to the them to introduce variants of it, if they so wish. It can be done

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2019
Terrence15115:
I've driven on both platforms and i can say without prejudice that its really not worth it, especially if you do not own your car. Like most employers here, Uber and Bolt are taking serious advantage of the high unemployment rate in Nigeria. Things they cant get away with in other countries, they do here. There are so many challenges a driver faces that is not commensurate with the revenue at the end of the day. And like our country Nigeria, young people cannot come together to speak with one voice to end the injustice and unfair play. It is quite ridiculous that you will drive to pick a rider at home, wait and drive him/her to his/her destination in an airconditioned vehicle and still charge same or less what a yellow cab will. I can assure you, if all the drivers on this platform, down tools for a week, they will adjust. Its so simple, THEY CANNOT make money without the drivers. It is a little sacrifice that will reduce all the complaints made here. It is not too much to ask for. Ehailing is not for everyone, it should be a premium service and it is up to the them to introduce variants of it, if they so wish. It can be done

E hailing companies will not adjust unless the drivers and partners come together with a common voice.

Then again most drivers get carried away with 10-18k daily earnings so we feel its all good.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by otobomax(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2019
Skiilashi:

Very simple!

Teach them good lessons.

Abeg me too go soon join Uber oooo. My own go worse pass this. Am doing it majorly not be bored and get to meet people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:02am On May 12, 2019
Planning a trip either family or personal for a price that won't put a hole in your pocket, and you want it offline? You can reach me on this number: 08142477729.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by otobomax(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2019
Please I want to register on Uber/taxify as a driver what do I need to know. My driver license is in process and I don pay. I get the temporary form template thing. Would they accept that ?

Am bored mehn
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by otobomax(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2019
And please who knows any ehailing company that does inter state am interested in that one too

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Terrence15115: 11:16am On May 12, 2019
mrsage:

E hailing companies will not adjust unless the drivers and partners come together with a common voice.

Then again most drivers get carried away with 10-18k daily earnings so we feel its all good.

At what cost do you even make the 10-18k? At the end of the day, you'll find out it aint worth it

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:31am On May 12, 2019
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) ... (5683) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.