Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,603 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4712337 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) ... (5683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 5:32pm On May 16, 2019
guzenaira:

This isn’t about winch hunting, everybody runs his or her own race.

If you find it difficult to believe the guy, then forget it. If he’s telling lies, forget it.

I believe all what the guy does whatever true or false is definitely encouraging someone out there.

I always enjoy the guys update though, but his attitude on this forum is what I don’t like. Sometimes, we always think of the present forgetting that attitude in small places like this is what determines our altitude in life.

Let the guy be guys, his encouraging someone out there in another way if you don’t know.

You believe him regardless. U mean you support he shouldn't share how he's been able to use less fuel to earn more I thought we are here to learn from each other except u just agreed that the story seems not to be true

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2019
guzenaira:

This isn’t about winch hunting, everybody runs his or her own race.

If you find it difficult to believe the guy, then forget it. If he’s telling lies, forget it.

I believe all what the guy does whatever true or false is definitely encouraging someone out there.

I always enjoy the guys update though, but his attitude on this forum is what I don’t like. Sometimes, we always think of the present forgetting that attitude in small places like this is what determines our altitude in life.

Let the guy be guys, his encouraging someone out there in another way if you don’t know.

You believe him regardless. U mean you support he shouldn't share how he's been able to use less fuel to earn more I thought we are here to learn from each other except u just agreed that he's story seems not to be true

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lollyboy(m): 5:35pm On May 16, 2019
Josiah360:

I never asked for help in the first place. I simply stated the obvious.

Then obviously you don't know what 2nd hand value means..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josiah360: 5:48pm On May 16, 2019
lollyboy:

Then obviously you don't know what 2nd hand value means..

Buy a Tokunbo Honda Civic 2005 for between 1.1m to 1.3m, use and sell as Nigerian used car for between 600k to 800k
Buy a Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2005 for between 1.7 to 1.9m, use and sell as Nigerian used car for between 1.1m to 1.3m
In both cases, the car sold for about 500 to 600k less than Tokunbo price

Now, talk to me again about second hand value.

PS: the above statement assumes that both vehicles are properly maintained

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:09pm On May 16, 2019
Josiah360:

Buy a Tokunbo Honda Civic 2005 for between 1.1m to 1.3m, use and sell as Nigerian used car for between 600k to 800k
Buy a Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2005 for between 1.7 to 1.9m, use and sell as Nigerian used car for between 1.1m to 1.3m

You sabi.
Two cans of ORIGIN fall on you

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 6:36pm On May 16, 2019
donshaddow:

My broda, God go see us through. Na for dis kain time some pple dey make 3k per day. Make I breakdown this analysis sef.
Let me give u a quick brief on the reality on ground.
Earn about #15k on average.
Uber takes 25%
15000-3750= 11250
11250-4000 fuel. = 7250
7250-5000 car owners money= 2250.. That's take home pay. You wake up 4.30am and come home by 11pm.. All for #2250
Okay... 2250-600 feeding on the road. 1650. Internet and phone calls #500. How much come remain? #1000
How person wan take save 3k per day?

well.. am a silent reader and I don't think I ever missed a page on dis thread since day 1,

now if U work well, by Tuesday U shud be enjoying 3% on Uber(target 10 trips on Monday and complete d remaining 5 b4 12 noon on Tuesday) so Uber takes 25% is faulty...

I wake up 4.45am every day, set my destination to Ajah(I stay in Surulere) and I will definitely get VI or Lekki, from dere I start my day.

now to ur 11pm... I work for 6-8 hrs during d week, and I take one day off.

weekend I work for 10-12hrs.

I deliver 30k per week and I safe at least 15k.

note am not fulfilled but am hanging and my brother always tell me he can't use me to judge most Uber drivers cos I made d work look so simple.

but I gained all from dis thread some gurus @ifeanyimark, Chilex, Mayor, Gazzuz techy inputs, Dru sincere comment.

lastly Jesusson just calm down and do ur work...

Jah bless our hustle

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sam2kenny: 6:37pm On May 16, 2019
Their ROI is killing 40% per annum on the amount they borrow you. Imagine if you are to pay 40% of 1.3m in 2 years. Na run for your life

Tywohakym:
Does anybody know about HP with creditville or any other reputable company

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:44pm On May 16, 2019
pocohantas:

Some air-fresheners are actually too harsh.

Izou I hope you don't have that type in your car sha?
I don't even use Airfreshner, I only make sure my car is fresh. I hardly roll down my windows,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2019
pocohantas:

I am also not a fan of fragrances. It's worse when you put on AC, you go wan die. I have this colleague that uses one small perfume that has some ar****inscriptions on it. The smell fit knock person out.

I can't stand them too. I will throw up. grin

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2019
Josiah360:

With the high number of littered Nigerian used corollas everywhere, the resale value is becoming unbecoming sef

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:26pm On May 16, 2019
Oluwabengz:

Make una leave this Jesusson guy, we are here to share experience and help each other and like he(Jesusson) said, he's posting he's earning to encourage the newbies. Now, pls for the sake of the newbies, share how u earn 10,700+ Uber commission of 2500 with 1500 fuel, u no gree. Why u come talk say u are here to encourage the newbies? I'm sure Dru23 and the other guyz go don see past the energetic young guy stuff wey u dey try portray here since.

I already gave up on this matter, but dia is need for clarification, points r not being tackle, all we get is where I am coming from and where I am, how about where u r going 2? Complete mute over dat. You make 10k gross per day and soh? What's the point of displaying net/gross when cost and energy can't b determine and you said its all about encourage, that ain't encouraging, but a way to make ppl see no sense in that small voice in their head.

NNPC, Civil servant push for better living and regulatory of their welfare, but anytime anyone tries to plant this seed, some one crawl from nowhere & be like kill it, its unnecessary, while uber/both keep changing policies as if the people deh are dealing with are less of human, dough! I don't blame dem, cos I am not part of dia member or accurately know what its takes to run the company, but a bit of sensitivity won't hurt.

About leaving the platform if you feel you can't meet up with change in flux... I think that is the most insensitive thing I've ever heard. We are quick to forget this work cares for you as much as your last day, no bonus, no entitlement, no pension, no experience, if you like spend 5 years on it, if you have no reasonable exit plan, you are back to zero... So for a work that takes all you time, degrade you in term of societal value and if care is not taking, your children will call you uncle, I think one deserves a beta reward when its all said and done

Note: I drive my car and only work when d spirit leads, but it burns when I see drivers on rental go through all dis #HeartFlow #LifeShouldntBeThisHard

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2019
pope191:

I already gave up on this matter, but dia is need for clarification, points r not being tackle, all we get is where I am coming from and where I am, how about where u r going 2? Complete mute over dat. You make 10k gross per day and soh? What's the point of displaying net/gross when cost and energy can't b determine and you said its all about encourage, that ain't encouraging, but a way to make ppl see no sense in that small voice in their head.

NNPC, Civil servant push for better living and regulatory of their welfare, but anytime anyone tries to plant this seed, some one crawl from nowhere & be like kill it, its unnecessary, while uber/both keep changing policies as if the people deh are dealing with are less of human, dough! I don't blame dem, cos I am not part of dia member or accurately know what its takes to run the company, but a bit of sensitivity won't hurt.

About leaving the platform if you feel you can't meet up with change in flux... I think that is the most insensitive thing I've ever heard. We are quick to forget this work cares for you as much as your last day, no bonus, no entitlement, no pension, no experience, if you like spend 5 years on it, if you have no reasonable exit plan, you are back to zero... So for a work that takes all you time, degrade you in term of societal value and if care is not taking, your children will call you uncle, I think one deserves a beta reward when its all said and done

Note: I drive my car and only work when d spirit leads, but it burns when I see drivers on rental go through all dis #HeartFlow #LifeShouldntBeThisHard

Baba, you, and other senior drivers and partners on this thread know that anyone that makes 10k gross in a day made ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Even if you made 10k net in a day inclusive of expenses, you made ALMOST NOTHING

His motive is to encourage people, which we all know is good. Let's just let him be. We all know 1500# fuel cannot not give you 10k, unless you're a descendant of Saka cheesy.

So just let the issue slide bros. His motive is cool(to encourage others). So let's just stick with that

I greet you sir

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 7:41pm On May 16, 2019
pope191:

You have indeed said it all. Jesusson please read and digest, I also did same.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 7:46pm On May 16, 2019
Has anyone noticed that the almighty Corolla is beginning to lose the so called second hand value.

Naija used Corolla now 1M.

Still depends on the condition anyway.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 7:46pm On May 16, 2019
Shout out to Romeo3, he encouraged me to join this hustle.

Tuale to my main man Dru23. AKa "Nastydru"

Am on one week break, can't come and kill myself adding to the fact that business dey dull during this ramadan period.

Good luck guys.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2019
mrsage:
Has anyone noticed that the almighty Corolla is beginning to lose the so called second hand value.

I Don notice am grin

Before the end of this year.......... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:30pm On May 16, 2019
Seun360:
Shout out to Romeo3, he encouraged me to join this hustle.

Tuale to my main man Dru23. AKa "Nastydru"

Am on one week break, can't come and kill myself adding to the fact that business dey dull during this ramadan period.

Good luck guys.

Break is for the weak bro .. Do you think Dangote takes a break ? Do u know how many hours of sleep he sleeps a day ..bro you are young man.. No time to take break
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2019
mrsage:

I predicted this years ago ...most of the corolla on uber are dead, it is a ticking time bomb for the next owner... same with elantra now ,I stated that elantra are getting expensive as the corolla.... I couldn't get an elantra to buy anymore at a good landing cost ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:38pm On May 16, 2019
Josiah360:

Anybody buying a Nigeria used corolla for 1m up ,needs serous help.. Most of the corolla naija used are D.O.D ,dead on arrival.. Have you seen a dead car that is well packaged , car looks well kept etc .give three months the car will just pack up ..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:43pm On May 16, 2019
dru23:

Break is for the weak bro .. Do you think Dangote takes a break ? Do u know how many hours of sleep he sleeps a day ..bro you are young man.. No time to take break
Is dangote driving truck undecided

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2019
deedee44:

No ,aeroplane
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2019
deedee44:

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2019
Started the day on a good note, Had my first trip inside lekki around 4:45am, fare #437, took my second trip from lekki to airport at 5am, Fare was #3700, drove to Maryland, got another trip to amuwo odofin, fare was #1500, got another trip to ikeja, was on trip when I entered the trap. There was serious traffic at fagbems, so I decided to turn back to use ago palace way. Did small one way of about 40m on that road beside fagbems and bam! Those guys just blocked me like a commando. Before I knew it I was at their office around first gate.
OC: Oga, because sey na we-we, go and bring #35000. If no be say na you, na #150000 you go pay.
I went outside, made some calls.
OC: Oga na your key be this?
Me: yes.
OC: but you go give them 3k for gate,
Me: No wahala.
Moral: don't be tempted, even if it is 2metres, it won't end well.
Las las, rider leave me find im way. Na me face am!

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Excel70: 9:20pm On May 16, 2019
pocohantas:

I am also not a fan of fragrances. It's worse when you put on AC, you go wan die. I have this colleague that uses one small perfume that has some ar****inscriptions on it. The smell fit knock person out.

I can't stand them too. I will throw up. grin
I suspect you usually experience motion sickness
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seunnuga: 9:29pm On May 16, 2019
Experienced Taxify/Uber driver needed, driver should reside within surulere.

Contact 07032360368 if interested or know someone.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:31pm On May 16, 2019
dru23:

lol. Me I take break like federal govt. sometimes I do Uber once in two weeks. Sometimes I also do d 7 days stretch. Just as d spirit leads. Uber work is not something u do everyday except u are on rental.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2019
xana101:
lol. Me I take break like federal govt. sometimes I do Uber once in two weeks. Sometimes I also do d 7 days stretch. Just as d spirit leads. Uber work is not something u do everyday except u are on rental.

Me personally I can't take break.. I can't be suffering at an old age o .. This money must be made, or I die trying.... Sleep for the weak bro ... the rich only sleep less than 8hours a day so who are to be sleeping 8hrs day... you just have to work smart
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:50pm On May 16, 2019
pope191:

Hopefully it will lead you to work smarter.. This is your time to work hard bro while you are young..... If you are broke I don't know where the spirit will lead u to .. They are different spirits out there . Spirit of doubt, spirit of fornication, spirit of laziness etc and the list goes on. Just know dey kind spirit dey lead u o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:51pm On May 16, 2019
emmancecute:
Started the day on a good note, Had my first trip inside lekki around 4:45am, fare #437, took my second trip from lekki to airport at 5am, Fare was #3700, drove to Maryland, got another trip to amuwo odofin, fare was #1500, got another trip to ikeja, was on trip when I entered the trap. There was serious traffic at fagbems, so I decided to turn back to use ago palace way. Did small one way of about 40m on that road beside fagbems and bam! Those guys just blocked me like a commando. Before I knew it I was at their office around first gate.
OC: Oga, because sey na we-we, go and bring #35000. If no be say na you, na #150000 you go pay.
I went outside, made some calls.
OC: Oga na your key be this?
Me: yes.
OC: but you go give them 3k for gate,
Me: No wahala.
Moral: don't be tempted, even if it is 2metres, it won't end well.
Las las, rider leave me find im way. Na me face am!

So sorry brah...

Those LASTMA and policemen resume at that spot as early as past 5am. I have ended two trips on that road simply because I refused to take "one-way" and rider felt I wanted to exploit them by staying in traffic.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Ndo!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2019
xana101:
You no like break reach me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 10:11pm On May 16, 2019
Excel70:

I suspect you usually experience motion sickness

Yes, I do. Except I am the one driving...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Excel70: 11:00pm On May 16, 2019
pocohantas:

Yes, I do. Except I am the one driving...
Lol we are the same... Still searching for remedies to stop this

(1) (2) (3) ... (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) ... (5683) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: TUBLEZ(m), Mewales and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.