Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4714690 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (5684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
For those of us asking for 02 sensor spacer to delete the pO420
08038084209 sellers contact

But please do not make a mistake of removing the original/OEM catalyst already installed by the manufacturer(it can be washed if blocked) unless it shattered into pieces,
And it's better to leave the exhaust empty(though many won't agree to this but it works better) rather than buying fake after market catalyst that won't last even a month

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jixasi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
tojahh:

If I understand you well. You mean if a corolla 03 is within 2mins from a rider and an 07 is 15mins away, Uber will pin a request to a car 15mins away of a rider because it is an 07 Toyota Corolla? Ko yé mi rà rà.

Help me understand this, because I haven't seen or experienced a rider asking what year/model of Toyota I drive. Even when I briefly used a peageout 307, I still get my request well better. This makes me reemphasized thus.... When the car is neat, well maintained, driver cautious and professional... Money will hit the bank. Same money with a driver who owns an 07 corolla.

Uncle have u been in an area for some time with ur two apps on and a friend (fellow Uber driver) comes to stand with u later and request hits his phone before you Uncle it’s not a first come first serve thing ooo... except u are the only one on the radius..

Yes ur acceptance rate affects... but the year and type affects more....

I always clean my vehicle when I was using 2004... I also go extra miles spend to make my car clean and comfortable... I drive to my destination fast and safe... hit my breaks less and make my ride smooth as possible....

But I still have this issues...

I apply the same to my 2007... uncle no go there I Dey deliver on time and still go home with good cash...

The year really matters uncle it does..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
jixasi:

Uncle have u been in an area for some time with ur two apps on and a friend (fellow Uber driver) comes to stand with u later and request hits his phone before you Uncle it’s not a first come first serve thing ooo... except u are the only one on the radius..

Yes ur acceptance rate affects... but the year and type affects more....

I always clean my vehicle when I was using 2004... I also go extra miles spend to make my car clean and comfortable... I drive to my destination fast and safe... hit my breaks less and make my ride smooth as possible....

But I still have this issues...

I apply the same to my 2007... uncle no go there I Dey deliver on time and still go home with good cash...

The year really matters uncle it does..
is it both on taxify cos most riders do lite and lite is 2003 and 2004 and lite has more request than taxify.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=pope191

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 2:39am On Aug 13, 2019
protocol:
I don't want to call you a young fool. Did you not ask her where she was going? So you take people to buy gas? Even fuel? Put it in your car? Hahaha. How long have you been driving? I didn't want to comment here again but you made me do. Son, always ask riders their destination. Stop carrying fuel, diesel, gas in your car for a trip less than 2k. Always call rider then use physiology to know the kind of rider you will be dealing with. Bad rider cancel and move on. Got a request, asked rider destination, rider said vi. But his voice doesn't sound vi, I went and he brought two 50liters can and asked me to open my boot. I open my bonnet, began to clean my air filter. He complained and I asked him to request another one. My car no free start. Finally, he was going to buy fuel. Always ask riders their destination. Don't come here to complain again pls

Which one is young fool again. I believe you can advise him without insults.

Also, if I go pick a rider and I see you with keg, I will simply tell you I don't carry such. it's as simple as that. You have the right to reject a trip. No need pretending, just be straight forward.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy2000: 6:00am On Aug 13, 2019
Please help ,mycar stopped, I guess fuel finished in it, now I bought fuel, it's cant start again, what can I possibly do, I haven't been able to get a mechanic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 6:20am On Aug 13, 2019
pappy2000:
Please help ,mycar stopped, I guess fuel finished in it, now I bought fuel, it's cant start again, what can I possibly do, I haven't been able to get a mechanic
to me u are careless. I got a request one day, got to pick up, d rider was standing close to a Camry. He said d driver fuel finish so he has gone to buy fuel inside Jerican so he had to order another ride. Once my fuel show red I’ll put of my both apps and go get fuel b4 i come back on line. I can count d numbers of time my fuel go red. I always buy 3k fuel everyday and it’s ok for d day. Hope u get a mechanic today.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2019
protocol:
I don't want to call you a young fool. Did you not ask her where she was going? So you take people to buy gas? Even fuel? Put it in your car? Hahaha. How long have you been driving? I didn't want to comment here again but you made me do. Son, always ask riders their destination. Stop carrying fuel, diesel, gas in your car for a trip less than 2k. Always call rider then use physiology to know the kind of rider you will be dealing with. Bad rider cancel and move on. Got a request, asked rider destination, rider said vi. But his voice doesn't sound vi, I went and he brought two 50liters can and asked me to open my boot. I open my bonnet, began to clean my air filter. He complained and I asked him to request another one. My car no free start. Finally, he was going to buy fuel. Always ask riders their destination. Don't come here to complain again pls

So from the horizon of your window you have presumed you can give birth to me or know my age, need you know before you ever think of touching a computer, I've been a nairaland member, so! I might as well b ur grandfather. You don't want to comment on this place again? Damn you for whatsoever reason you choose not too, your reasons changed nothing, so spare the details, it is needless and you might as well shut down your nairaland account. I'll keep it peaceful and let your unguided and lack of manner of presentation slide, its a brand new day.

But need you know... I did ask her where she was going to, apart from her voice sounding angelic and stressed on the phone, do I need to ask how many people and if she is going to buy gas or fuel? You sound way to paranoid and pompous for my type. I only took her from silverbird road to 4th round about with an empty cylinder and back from 4th round about to silverbird (Ya! Stuff my happen inbet), i do far distance for myself & family, but do you think it was my day on Sunday? Obviously I won't d*e today, but can't escape that sh*t forever, so why so much rage from your side in the name of advice? I only put that stuff up to encourage, we can be more tolerant and not sell our peace cheaply to riders irrespective of their antics. If you as her now, she is on her right, cos she believe her money is reading and I made her to understanding the waiting time means nothing, I don't have to get mad or have my day ruined because of her. That day made me to brainstorm and think of way to get off stubborn riders that want drivers to wait unnecessarily... I'll simple tell him/her, I'm on surge 1.8 and he/she knows what that mean, we can end and request again while I put my phone on plane mood.

So Bros, try and act mature, you honestly don't sound like one #AgeDoNotTranslateWisdom

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2019
Morning comrades.

Please I need a car to drive. I have considerable experience on the ride sharing business.

Remitting weekly rentals has never been an issue.

I can do 25-27k for 2.0-2.4l engine cars and 27-30k on 1.6-1.8l engine cars.

Please kindly refer me. 07068981798, am on both mobile and on WhatsApp.

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2019

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 7:17am On Aug 13, 2019
pope191:

So from the horizon of your window you have presumed you can give birth to me or know my age, need you know before you ever think of touching a computer, I've been a nairaland member, so! I might as well b ur grandfather. You don't want to comment on this place again? Damn you for whatsoever reason you choose not too, your reasons changed nothing, so spare the details, it is needless and you might as well shut down your nairaland account. I'll keep it peaceful and let your unguided and lack of manner of presentation slide, its a brand new day.

But need you know... I did ask her where she was going to, apart from her voice sounding angelic and stressed on the phone, do I need to ask how many people and if she is going to buy gas or fuel? You sound way to paranoid and pompous for my type. I only took her from silverbird road to 4th round about with an empty cylinder and back from 4th round about to silverbird (Ya! Stuff my happen inbet), i do far distance for myself & family, but do you think it was my day on Sunday? Obviously I won't d*e today, but can't escape that sh*t forever, so why so much rage from your side in the name of advice? I only put that stuff up to encourage, we can be more tolerant and not sell our peace cheaply to riders irrespective of their antics. If you as her now, she is on her right, cos she believe her money is reading and I made her to understanding the waiting time means nothing, I don't have to get mad or have my day ruined because of her. That day made me to brainstorm and think of way to get off stubborn riders that want drivers to wait unnecessarily... I'll simple tell him/her, I'm on surge 1.8 and he/she knows what that mean, we can end and request again while I put my phone on plane mood.

So Bros, try and act mature, you honestly don't sound like one #AgeDoesNotTranslateWisdom

grin grin grin
Grandpa have vex o. smiley
The insult from the guy was not needed. Nobody knows it all, one cannot know every time how a trip would go just from a phone call. One can boot out a rider that is too arrogant with diplomacy or even straight face. It all depends on the situation!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maax23: 7:36am On Aug 13, 2019
pope191:
Make una help me beg taxify, who I offend, didn't have any bad encounter with rider, they always give me thumbs up and say thank you more then once, ever neat car and I don't let my tyres even get dirt... From 4.95 to 4.80, dropped to 4.70, now 4.65. I don tire o

And I notice this dropping is always after surge ride, picked a rider on 2.5 surge yesterday, the way she is squeezing her face self, she have to go inside to get more money, is not my fault fah, I felt for her and hope MURIC won't attack bolt after the holiday, but will all pray for better day.
Lol. When u are killing dem with surge, U expect dem to smile and dash U 5star just like that angry grin, meanwhile most riders don't know how to rate drivers on Taxify app,

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2019
I really wonder why some people buy 3k, 2k fuel. As if they share their car with someone. I've never bought anything less than a full tank since I started this hustle, and I use it for 2days before I go to the station again.
I mainly buy fuel when I've closed work and on my way home.

Since my almost 2months on this job, my fuel guage have only shown red once and it was when I was about closing for the day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2019
I once had a request one morning in VGC

Rider: Please sir, I want you to help me carry my parents. That are going to get gas around Salem
Me: Eerrrmmmm... Okay

When I got there, I met an old man, an old woman and a little kid playing about

Old man: My son, please we cant carry the cylinder.

I helped them and we went. It was quite a journey. We talked and it was like I was carrying my parents. Even when I got to the Gas Station, I was the one that helped them and when we came back, they prayed for me, tipped me and even called their daughter to thank me again

*************×********

Once had another request. The lady put a wrong pickup, so she was directing me up and down

At some point, both I and her lost our patience and we were on the edge over the phone....But I still didn't insult her and she didn't too

When I finally got to her location, I saw that she had a disability.... A crippled with a little boy. Probably she was tired of standing and couldn't bear it any longer.

If I had flared up on the phone and cancelled, probably she would have waited more...

And she later became the nicest disabled person I've ever met

I and four of my friends went to Abacha estate and we left around 8:30 pm... There was no way to cross back to Alagbon through Dolphin extension because the gate was locked, so we had to settle for Taxify

First driver came and after we pleaded and explained,
he refused

Second driver came and refused also

The third guy came and after we explained, he was compassionate and agreed.

While we were going, he told us he was living at Surulere and that after he drops us at Festac, he will go home. We told him to drop us at Orile and he was very grateful

20 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:31am On Aug 13, 2019
My reason for these boring stories is that we can be diplomatic and polite about everything

Instead of shouting over the phone, or parking and warning your rider, you can just be silent and drop them off and move on

No be everything suppose be fight

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2019
[J
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:53am On Aug 13, 2019
Epphy:

grin grin grin
Grandpa have vex o. smiley
The insult from the guy was not needed. Nobody knows it all, one cannot know every time how a trip would go just from a phone call. One can boot out a rider that is too arrogant with diplomacy or even straight face. It all depends on the situation!

Lol grin wetin man go do, musa eyes don see pass dat one for gate. People expect you to b on the I'm too smart always, but one just have to lean on grace atimes. 2 issues I have encountered on dis quest and I just break a smile were asking a lady to get down at TBS and she happen to have military personnel inside bonny camp, she refused to get down and place a call to them to come and meet us at TBS, irrespective of me still being head on, deep within I picture my life inside dia barrack. The second was fighting a taxify staff, prolly 2 months ago, he & her girlfriend want to transfer 1k and I stood my ground I don't take transfer, he flash ID and I damn him and told him he should know the policy better, we dragged back and forth, he later calm me and tip some little change and the actual amount. I stubborn, I'm born smart, life has it way of humbling one.

I once picked a man that was having issue with a driver and he start complaining why do we behave like this, he is going late to the airport and only ask the driver to drive fast, he pulled over and said he's not going again, he should thank his star, if not for the appointment he have, he would have ask the man to just take him back and ask dia mopol guard to mess him up. I honestly can't imagine someone hitting me at dis stage in life, either em right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2019
Maax23:
Lol. When u are killing dem with surge, U expect dem to smile and dash U 5star just like that angry grin, meanwhile most riders don't know how to rate drivers on Taxify app,

grin grin my oga I go deh run from surge again

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2019
izzou:
My reason for these boring stories is that we can be diplomatic and polite about everything

Instead of shouting over the phone, or parking and warning your rider, you can just be silent and drop them off and move on

No be everything suppose be fight

On point boss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2019
protocol:
lol you started using computer before me. You came to nairaland before me. Someone who came to nairaland 10yrs after I did. Grandfather indeed.

Uncle I b ur senior for dis land, deal wit that.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2019
protocol:
lol you started using computer before me. You came to nairaland before me. Someone who came to nairaland 10yrs after I did. Grandfather indeed.

Whether he is right or not

Whether you are right, you shouldn't have insulted him.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2019
pope191:

On point boss

Let me tell you one funny one grin

It was a Saturday. It just finished raining. I was at Agungi with my tinted Camry 04 cool. Request entered and I got to pickup.

One woman came out. She probably was rich because she had maids at her disposal. Na so she enter my car

Me:Good morning ma

She: Oga, why is the body of your car dirty? Why is your car dirty? Why can't you people clean your cars?

Me: I wanted to explode. But then I decided to beg her. After all, my money go still complete Abi?

I was begging her and begging... She just kept on complaining and I kept begging. I switched off my radio and increased my AC

Got to Ikoyi bridge and I was hearing someone snoring. Madam don sleep

Didn't wake her till we got to MMA2 roundabout. Ended the trip and looked her in the eyeball and apologized again

She smiled shyly and then she said "I'm sorry for how I spoke to you. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. I'm sorry"

Most times its better to just let them feel like a boss. It's just for a while...

26 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2019
iyaegin:

Sorry to hear about this but you don't seem to be clear on where exactly you got robbed was it at adeniji or where exactly. but I suspect Adeniji cos there is some Police presence at oworo itself they are just before and after the bus-stop but they no longer stay at adeniji under the bridget these days...God help us

Yes, adeniji, like three minute after climbing d 3MB. And its around 8:30pm or thereabout
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2019
xana101:
I’m not sure it’s 3rd mainland close to iyanoworo. What date exactly. It would be difficult for them to rub at iyanoworo. My thought though.

3MB after adeniji before u exit to adekunle
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2019
donfortune48:
I really wonder why some people buy 3k, 2k fuel. As if they share their car with someone. I've never bought anything less than a full tank since I started this hustle, and I use it for 2days before I go to the station again.
I mainly buy fuel when I've closed work and on my way home.

Since my almost 2months on this job, my fuel guage have only shown red once and it was when I was about closing for the day.
I love buying full thank too cos most times I’ll have enough cash on me and I’ll be praying to see rider than can take cash and transfer into my account or use d money to buy full tank until a professional advised me not to always buy full tank. One it will add to the weight on d car. Two Ur tank need air space. So since then I try to buy what my car would use for a day.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:54am On Aug 13, 2019
izzou:

Let me tell you one funny one grin

It was a Saturday. It just finished raining. I was at Agungi with my tinted Camry 04 cool. Request entered and I got to pickup.

One woman came out. She probably was rich because she had maids at her disposal. Na so she enter my car

Me:Good morning ma

She: Oga, why is the body of your car dirty? Why is your car dirty? Why can't you people clean your cars?

Me: I wanted to explode. But then I decided to beg her. After all, my money go still complete Abi?

I was begging her and begging... She just kept on complaining and I kept begging. I switched off my radio and increased my AC

Got to Ikoyi bridge and I was hearing someone snoring. Madam don sleep

Didn't wake her till we got to MMA2 roundabout. Ended the trip and looked her in the eyeball and apologized again

She smiled shyly and then she said "I'm sorry for how I spoke to you. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. I'm sorry"

Most times its better to just let them feel like a boss. It's just for a while...

That's it boss, u want to secure the bag, she want to massage her ego. No problem, it all end at the destination point.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2019
@izzou you are indeed a wise person. Me I always shout back and we end up quarreling after the trip they go there way and I would probably not meet them again in life so I told myself this ride is just for a while. Just say sorry and let them be. Most times it’s transfer aggression. Naija economy hot and most people are under pressure.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2019
pope191:

That's it boss, u want to secure the bag, she want to massage her ego. No problem, it all end at the destination point.

Na so

It's only oloshos that I usually have issues with( Wumengo crescent girls especially)

Those ones will expect premium service treatment, and still want to use transfer to scam me angry

Na there I dey usually bring the agberoish nature in me.

But in all, we still end up being friends. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2019
xana101:
@izzu you are indeed a wise person. Me I always shout back and we end up quarreling after the trip they go there way and I would probably not meet them again in life so I told myself this ride is just for a while. Just say sorry and let them be. Most times it’s transfer aggression. Naija economy hot and most people are under pressure.

Lol

I got a request someday from that Onipanu toll gate(the #20 own)

Rider: Oga where you?
Me:Good after....

She just interrupted me

Rider: Please come to Mobil at the express

She kept calling... I kept picking and she kept shouting

In my mind, I planned to go there, allow her sit down, cancel the trip and insult her

Na so I reach the Mobil. She entered

Rider: I'm so sorry for shouting at you. My other phone fell into the gutter and it can't be removed.. I'm just frustrated. I'm sorry

Na so I weak. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MosakuAW(m): 10:18am On Aug 13, 2019
izzou:

Call 0803-901-2019

I think that's their customer care. They will unblock you

Thanks bro! I just called. I was unblocked in less than 2mins. Am back on track to make money. Thanks all.... Awaye oooooo

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 13, 2019
Please, who can me little info about Pick-me-up?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maax23: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2019
pope191:

grin grin my oga I go deh run from surge again
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (5684) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.