Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:34 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4661198 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (5669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 8:24am On Apr 13, 2016
Ymodulus:
@Tokyo I don't understand. Can you elaborate on what you yourself do?

For example I have two vehicles Toyota Camry 2013 and Honda Accord 2011. These cars are underutilized, how will you out them to use if am to hand over to you?

Thanks for asking. If the two cars pass Uber car assessment, each will earn you about N40,000 to N50,000 per week (net of all expenses) on Uber. That's some additional N320,000 to N400,000 per month income for you. You can also give them out to drivers on drive-to-own.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Thanks for asking. If the two cars pass Uber car assessment, each will earn you about N40,000 to N50,000 per week (net of all expenses) on Uber. That's some additional N320,000 to N400,000 per month income for you. You can also give them out to drivers on drive-to-own.

Kindly shed more light on the drive to own option.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RollingFellas: 10:01am On Apr 13, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Does driver handle cash when customers pay? Who collates and pay out cash during weekly payment to owner of vehicle?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RollingFellas: 10:14am On Apr 13, 2016
TokyoBulls:

The N340,000 to N400,000 monthly income you mentioned, is it gross or net income? By my calculation, the N40,000 to N50,000 per week translates to N160,000 to N200,000 per month. Please shed more light.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RollingFellas: 10:26am On Apr 13, 2016
TokyoBulls:

If you're giving a 2010 Toyota corolla to manage, can you guarantee at least N320,000 to the owner per month?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nastydamus(m): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Please which cars will you recommend with the least monthly maintenance costs? If a partner hands over a vehicle to you for weekly returns, who takes care of fueling/maintenance/repair costs?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
RollingFellas:

The N340,000 to N400,000 monthly income you mentioned, is it gross or net income? By my calculation, the N40,000 to N50,000 per week translates to N160,000 to N200,000 per month. Please shed more light.

Multiply by 2. They talking 2 cars and he mentioned Net Income.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eunore1: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2016
Please must the car be a clean title car? What if the accident it has been in is very minor, can it be on Uber?

Also, can I schedule the car assessment for a car I intend to buy before making payment, just to be sure it meets Uber's criteria even if the car has no registration number yet?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RollingFellas: 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
akanniade10:

Multiply by 2. They talking 2 cars and he mentioned Net Income.

Ok. I understand now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
RollingFellas:

Ok. I understand now.

Ok boss cheesy

TokyoBulls pls clarify this. Is Uber Fee 20% or 25% of total earnings per week.

What's ur take on brand new Hyundai Xcent?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eunore1: 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
Yes, Uber now charges 25% of gross earnings per week
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eunore1: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
Yes, Uber now charges 25% of gross earnings per week.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RollingFellas: 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
akanniade10:

Ok boss cheesy

Do Uber accept 2010 Nissan almera and Toyota corolla?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RollingFellas: 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
eunore1:

How much percentage do owner of vehicle get ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eunore1: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
RollingFellas:

Yes, they accept both cars.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
mrsage:

Kindly shed more light on the drive to own option.
In the drive-to-own option, the driver/partner signs a contract with the car owner to pay a fixed sum for a specified period after which the driver/partner becomes the owner of the car. For instance, if I buy a car for N2M, I can give it to the driver for N3.6M and we sign an agreement that the driver/partner pays me N150,000 monthly for 24 months, after which ownership is transferred and I would have recovered my capital with a profit of N1.6M. In this case, as I always advise, please ensure the profit is reasonable to reduce the pressure on the car and avoid avoidable defaults and the tenor is not too long. 18 to 24 months is ideal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
RollingFellas:

Does driver handle cash when customers pay? Who collates and pay out cash during weekly payment to owner of vehicle?
In the past, 100% of the transactions were bank card based but since February 2016, about 60% are card based and the rest cash transactions. Each partner decides how the driver(s) handles cash. My drivers pay cash for Day 1 into my bank account unfailingly on Day 2. That ensures no cash at hand for more than 24 hours. I also give them float for tolls (especially MMIA tolls) and petty expenses which must be reconciled with receipts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2016
RollingFellas:

Net income for two cars. We were talking about two cars and I mentioned N320,000 to N400,000 per month. I hope this clarifies.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
nastydamus:

Please which cars will you recommend with the least monthly maintenance costs? If a partner hands over a vehicle to you for weekly returns, who takes care of fueling/maintenance/repair costs?
From experience, due to the pressure of the work, new cars are always better. I will rather have a brand new or almost brand new Hyundai Elantra, Sonata, Kia Serato or Optima on Uber than Nigerian or foreign used Toyota or Honda. That said, Corolla and Camry are also strong and can withstand the pressure of the job.
For the cars I manage and those on drive-to-own, I am responsible for fueling, maintenance and repairs EXCEPT engine-related repairs which hardly occur.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
eunore1:
Please must the car be a clean title car? What if the accident it has been in is very minor, can it be on Uber?

Also, can I schedule the car assessment for a car I intend to buy before making payment, just to be sure it meets Uber's criteria even if the car has no registration number yet?
The technicians and engineers who conduct car inspections do not check the title of the car. However, please ensure the title is clean or very close to being clean. You don't want your driver to spend more time fixing the car than driving riders.

No, you cannot schedule the car for assessment before registration is completed. It must come with its own plate number.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
@ Tokyobulls, I sent you an email. Kindly respond.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
akanniade10:

Ok boss cheesy

Uber charges 20% on Uber X (regular value offering cars such as Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Serato etc) and 25% on Uber Black (executive offering such as LandCruiser Prado, Merc Benz GL 450, Audi Q8, etc)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Uber charges 20% on Uber X (regular value offering cars such as Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Serato etc) and 25% on Uber Black (executive offering such as LandCruiser Prado, Merc Benz GL 450, Audi Q8, etc)

Tot as much, thanks Boss. What's ur take as regards Brand new Hyundai Xcent.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
eunore1:
Uber still charges 20% on Uber X and 25% on Uber Black.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
RollingFellas:

Yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2016
akanniade10:

Tot as much, thanks Boss. What's ur take as regards Brand new Hyundai Xcent.

I prefer Hyundai Accent. Sometimes riders cancel trips because of the car. Imagine that the rider is paying the same amount for Hyundai ix35 2016 and Xcent 2012.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saibuhari(m): 1:52am On Apr 14, 2016
How much would brand new Hyundai accent cost or Kia Rio?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 7:39am On Apr 14, 2016
saibuhari:
How much would brand new Hyundai accent cost or Kia Rio?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fanex: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2016
i m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by crownlast: 11:01am On Apr 14, 2016
akanniade10:

Please where did you get this price list? is it on the website? send me the url.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fanex: 11:06am On Apr 14, 2016
@TokyoBulls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
crownlast:

Please where did you get this price list? is it on the website? send me the url.

Thanks

Go their website and send dem a mail. They will reply with their price list

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (5669) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m), northbird and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.