Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726744 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 1:38am On Nov 21, 2019
An offline just woke me up...

Abeg make he find way dey go him house o. From Airport to Sangotedo this night abi morning.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 1:41am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

Let me just burst your bubble there.

I'm the one doing $650 a month writing book summaries on the side. I was describing myself.

I don't need to prove it; you can choose to believe, or not.

Brodaly.. Gradually everyone will be alright. You've given a sincere apology to the offended and we've moved on... No need to stand on long thing. @Kodred we are together in the hustle here no matter where your bread is been buttered, make we just dey relax dey enjoy the life as it comes. Like you said... We see things from a different angle.

Meanwhile... Our hangout still open, I haven't read anything as regard its fulfilment or otherwise.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 1:50am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

You've been warned. Very simple.

Lol you really are a funny guy.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 1:53am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

You are very wrong my dear.
I'm not trying to brag, but I'm COO of the company I work for. All the perks are there. The salary is good.
Let me just leave it there.

I am fulfilled in my present job.

Glad you’re fulfilled.

So tell me mr coo, would you hire someone with uber experience in his/her CV?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 1:56am On Nov 21, 2019
Just so kodred will be clear I'm not lying.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 1:57am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

Let me just burst your bubble there.

I'm the one doing $650 a month writing book summaries on the side. I was describing myself.

I don't need to prove it; you can choose to believe, or not.

You are the one doing it wow wow wow wow wow wow my bubble has been bursted.

Will you get the fuc.k.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:00am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

You lack comprehension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 2:02am On Nov 21, 2019
kodred:

You are the one doing it wow wow wow wow wow wow my bubble has been bursted.

Will you get the fuc.k.....
Go to sleep. Next time don't talk about things you don't know.

Motherfucker.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 2:04am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

I'm really interested in learning the ropes with/under you if you don't mind.

Diversification is a thing for broad minds.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 2:11am On Nov 21, 2019
tojahh:

I'm really interested in learning the ropes with you if you don't mind.

Diversification is a thing for broad minds.
My brother, the ropes are easy to learn. You write flawless English.

I will arrange the small training you will need. We will discuss details later.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 2:12am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

My brother, the ropes are easy to learn. You write flawless English.

I will arrange the small training you will need. We will discuss details later.

Thanks in anticipation.

Looking forward to more discussion.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:20am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti:

Go to sleep. Next time don't talk about things you don't know.

Motherfucker.

Ignorant guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 3:55am On Nov 21, 2019
kodred:

Ignorant guy.

@Kodred while I understand your frustration, I am of the opinion that you didn't get to read @nitigriti's apology on this matter that you are beginning to make a mountain of. Please I beg you in the name of Jesus to just let this go. It won't make you any less of the man that you are. It is OK to see opinions differently but more mature to understand that opinions will always differ relatively to different people and no amount of arguments can shifts the other's viewpoint.
So, please kindly let it go.
Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2019
nitigriti has apologised even if he felt we misunderstood him. So please, let's not beat a dead horse over this issue again this morning.

May we all have a blessed day.

Good morning fellas.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2019
Good morning fellas, concering the issues above let us just move ahead. We all see things from different angles. We shouldnt derail the thread.

Tojahh I'm with you for the hangout.
Nitigriti I used to write summaries too till I stopped, abeg I'm willing to learn from you if you can shed more light to me.

Also, are working this morning? Cos Uber is yet to resolve the fare issues, I still have about 3400naira pending in the air. What's the way forward?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2019
tojahh:

Thanks in anticipation.

Looking forward to more discussion.

Man wey shabi grin

Nitigriti, I follow tojahh gum body o. I have been researching on this for so long.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2019
mrjaydee:
Good morning fellas, concering the issues above let us just move ahead. We all see things from different angles. We shouldnt derail the thread.

Tojahh I'm with you for the hangout.
Nitigriti I used to write summaries too till I stopped, abeg I'm willing to learn from you if you can shed more light to me.

Also, are working this morning? Cos Uber is yet to resolve the fare issues, I still have about 3400naira pending in the air. What's the way forward?

Ah boss and I wanted to contract you to help me deal with sombori o chai. I dey on my own be that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
Tyche:

We are making progress then

I am interested too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2019
lin3r2:

@Kodred while I understand your frustration, I am of the opinion that you didn't get to read @nitigriti's apology on this matter that you are beginning to make a mountain of. Please I beg you in the name of Jesus to just let this go. It won't make you any less of the man that you are. It is OK to see opinions differently but more mature to understand that opinions will always differ relatively to different people and no amount of arguments can shifts the other's viewpoint.
So, please kindly let it go.
Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation grin

I’d be doing the society a disservice if I allow the few people I can help roam free ignorantly. It’s part of my civic duties to change the narrative (herd mindset)

There are certain ways to drive home points not being ignorant because you’re a COO. Orisirisi

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:57am On Nov 21, 2019
kodred:

Ah boss and I wanted to contract you to help me deal with sombori o chai. I dey on my own be that

grin let's live in peace and harmony.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2019
Epphy:

Man wey shabi grin

Nitigriti, I follow tojahh gum body o. I have been researching on this for so long.

Were you sent from my village?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:02am On Nov 21, 2019
mrjaydee:

grin let's live in peace and harmony.

More like peace and *Her Money*

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 21, 2019
I was with my employer for 14 years. We had a strong union. When I was let go, I was given an ample severance package that allowed me to measure my options. A colleague in a different part of the company, higher paid but not unionised was laid off in 2016 or so. All he got was one months salary as severance. I met him a month later, driving uber. He is probably working now. Where will uber fit in his cv?

A cv is about relevant experience for a position. Unless you somehow intend to apply as senior driver in a company, your uber driving experience is irrelevant.

One of the reasons why the rates are not that good is uber is not intended to be a full time job, but a side hustle for extra money.

My two cents.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2019
It never ceases to amaze me how fast things degenerate on NL. It makes sense in a verbal discussion where things may have been misheard but in WRITTEN SPEECH

Las las una go dey alright

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:16am On Nov 21, 2019
radautoworks:
It never ceases to amaze me how fast things degenerate on NL. It makes sense in a verbal discussion where things may have been misheard but in WRITTEN SPEECH

I sent you a mail.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2019
izzou:

I think you guys are not understanding nitigriti

What he's saying is you can't build a career from uber. Uber should be an hustle to make ends meet, and then move on..

The guy you people are quoting had a job before he joined uber. If he wants to apply for another job, can he put uber driving on his cv?

Brotherly, I have few questions to ask you.
1. Does driving on uber or any other platform pay?
2. Is it a legitimate source of income?
3. Does the money gotten from driving equal or lower than the basic minimum wage in Nigeria?
4. Are people doing well from the income it generates?
5. Let me stop here

Plz do answer these questions, then I will tell you what I feel about this side hustle, despite say I never start up yet.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nofij(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2019
radautoworks:

Lol... I guess pride plays a major role in all of this. It’s an anonymous platform where we can all climb on our high horse, and not care whatever view the next person has.

It’s only on NL I see how difficult it can be to accommodate the different perspectives of others undecided

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cindybaby22(f): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2019
ornicus:
I was with my employer for 14 years. We had a strong union. When I was let go, I was given an ample severance package that allowed me to measure my options. A colleague in a different part of the company, higher paid but not unionised was laid off in 2016 or so. All he got was one months salary as severance. I met him a month later, driving uber. He is probably working now. Where will uber fit in his cv?

A cv is about relevant experience for a position. Unless you somehow intend to apply as senior driver in a company, your uber driving experience is irrelevant.

One of the reasons why the rates are not that good is uber is not intended to be a full time job, but a side hustle for extra money.

My two cents.
You guys should stop making issues out of nothing & drop this CV talk. We have doctors, lecturers, lawyers practicing their respective profession, but they are investing in lands, real estate, cryptocurrency etc. Some even buy cars for uber on HP or rental. I am sure these things aren't included in their CV? Something is not included in someone's CV doesn't make it useless or non profitable. U only include things that are in line with your career & suit the job u wish to apply for in your CV, that doesn't mean u don't have other things on the side that are even more useful to u than what u have on CV.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 21, 2019
cindybaby22:

You guys should stop making issues out of nothing & drop this CV talk. We have doctors, lecturers, lawyers practicing their respective profession, but they are investing in lands, real estate, cryptocurrency etc. Some even buy cars for uber on HP or rental. I am sure these things aren't included in their CV? Something is not included in someone's CV doesn't make it useless or non profitable. U only include things that are in line with your career & suit the job u wish to apply for in your CV, that doesn't mean u don't have other things on the side that are even more useful to u than what u have on CV.

A cv is a tool to introduce yourself to your employer.
A company profile is a tool to introduce your self to your potential clients

I am writing this because what I wrote went completely over your head.

If you know a venture ( job, partnership, collaboration,startup etc)where you can point to experience with Uber as a clear competitive advantage, please let us know

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:31am On Nov 21, 2019
You get oil for head. But let's just drop this issue of CV and uber so not to drag this thing.

cindybaby22:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2019
tojahh:

Were you sent from my village?

We are brothers in this hustle na grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2019
Rubbiish:

Sir it depends on the job
What if it is a driving related job?
How many people do u think earn a better pay more than the man driving president in this country? I know a senator's driver who built several houses in my home town and connected many people to good jobs in abuja through d senator.
If such person lacks good driving experience u think he will get d job?
There are certain job using ehailing driving as reference becomes handy.
I hate the fact that we tend to look down on certain profession in this part of the world and it is greatly responsible for our level of development today.

The truth is this... Driving in uber requires a very high level of patience, tolerance and professionalism.
Imagine sitting in with a professional job interviewer and she goes through your CV and saw that you drove on uber for 2 years and managed to keep your rating between 4.80 and 4.90 and the job you are applying for requires those qualities a good uber driver needs.
The truth is, everyone must not do a white collar job nor work in ministries or Oil industries. Have seen folks who sell charcoal and make millions, some sold face towels, some sold buttons and make millions.
It all depends on how you take whatever hustle you find yourself in, if you choose to call it a temporary hustle until you find a way to get to your dream hustle no problem, if you also decide to call it a full-time hustle and device ways and means of making it big time through the Ehailing hustle that's also wonderful.
In all, like some persons said... All hustle na hustle, the individual's dream is what will determine how far they can go.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: SHOOPSYN(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.