Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721393 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dracoe(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Good day people , I need a car in good condition for rental or higher purchase for Uber/bolt.
Please quote me if you have one
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
surethings:
someone should help me answer this question.

The keyword is "ideal."
The right answer is 100%.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
Lesson learnt

Picked a rider from VI to Osborne estate Ikoyi and rider pleaded for me to wait 15minutes for me. He pleaded seriously then I obliged. He actually came out in 15minutes and we proceed back to Ikoyi. He said he wanted to buy food(take away) at the place close to falomo bridge. Can you believe this man sat down to eat the food at my own convenience embarassed embarassed embarassed

Good is not Good. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by surethings(m): 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
nitigriti:

The keyword is "ideal."
Okay thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Perkins1:
Felicity... Abeg do make you get car drive. You're responding too much to everything and everybody and this only points to one thing

Underutilization.

This is distasteful.

If he offended you in any of his posts, call him out. Rather than taking jokes on his search for a car for HP or rental.

We have one time or the other searched for a job.

Let's be guided.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
nitigriti:

The keyword is "ideal."

Correct!

But in engineering, there is no ideal system.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
fasa199:
Lesson learnt

Picked a rider from VI to Osborne estate Ikoyi and rider pleaded for me to wait 15minutes for me. He pleaded seriously then I obliged. He actually came out in 15minutes and we proceed back to Ikoyi. He said he wanted to buy food(take away) at the place close to falomo bridge. Can you believe this man sat down to eat the food at my own convenience embarassed embarassed embarassed

Good is not Good. angry

That's where discretion comes in.

If one continues to be cool with all stopovers, it will be unprofitable.

Any rider that deserves your time for stopover, person go know. Not the ones with self entitlements.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by surethings(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
peeps4u:

Correct!

is 75% not 100%

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
peeps4u:

Correct!

True
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
surethings:

is 75% not 100%

Be guided.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolabiyi: 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
peeps4u:

That's where discretion comes in.

If one continues to be cool with all stopovers, it will be unprofitable.

Any rider that deserves your time for stopover, person go know. Not the ones with self entitlements.
I hate stop over's....... the only exception is wen you r ready to pay well for it.....ewo ni iranu..

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
peeps4u:

Correct!

Was just about saying that... my fellow engineer I greet you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EasyPeazy: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2020
Please brothers I have a quick question and a friend suggested I bring it here.

Please my Toyota Camry started shaking suddenly yesterday and the check engine light came on.

When I opened the bonnet, I found out that the engine is shaking horribly.

What could be the cause please?

cc Izzou Radautoworks and other Camry drivers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
peeps4u:

This is distasteful.

If he offended you in any of his posts, call him out. Rather than taking jokes on his search for a car for HP or rental.

Let's be guided.
I wonder o my brother. I just return from church only to come online to see how the guy trying hard to drag me in mud. Only Hod knows what his intentions are.

But anyways, it’s nothing shall after all it’s his personal opinion.

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
fasa199:
Lesson learnt

Good is not Good. angry

And in the end what then happened? You probably didn’t tell us if he did you well or not. Bros come and finish your tales jor grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
EasyPeazy:

Please my Toyota Camry started shaking suddenly yesterday and the check engine light came on.

A lot of things could be responsible. More detail is needed or at least a scan

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
EasyPeazy:

If I talk now then go say I talk...
Bros ur motor get malaria fever carry go give electrician make them put their thermometer scan to know the exalt fever, because e fit b fellow feva, typhoid feva, or even Gomorrah self fit don enter.gringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
EasyPeazy:

Engine seating for shaking. But then try better mechanic/technician wey get scanned and Sabbi. Not roadside Kazeem oh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
Jiayu:
There are more bad riders than the good ones. In fact may be just 2 percent are good.
Good people are scarce bro, it is not limited to riders alone. Why do u think the world is like this?
Bad people everywhere with very few good people. Good people are not up to 2%

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
peeps4u:

This is distasteful.

Let's be guided.
The rate at which people do the bold on this thread is shocking to say the least!
Someone makes a post, the next thing members will resort to making mockery of his search for car. That is a very callous & inconsiderate thing to do, u don't mock a man with his struggles, everyone of us here have been there & can still be there any day. Life is too uncertain to mock someone with his struggles. With the way people do that here, I can only begin to imagine the kind of mind we got. Very evil one. How a driver on rental will comfortably be mocking someone searching for car with his quest still baffles me...aren't there other ways u can insult him?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
Perkins1:
[s]Felicity... Abeg do make you get car drive. You're responding too much to everything and everybody and this only points to one thing[/s]
Underutilization.

This is quite pathetic!
Is he the only one commenting on this thread?
This is a very inconsiderate & callous thing to say
I can begin to imagine if u are a rider or driver, only God know how u will treat others. Compassion is very far from a lot of Nigerians...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
mrsteel:

The rate at which people do the bold on this thread is shocking to say the least!
Someone makes a post, the next thing members will resort to making mockery of his search for car. That is a very callous & inconsiderate thing to do, u don't mock a man with his struggles, everyone of us here have been there & can still be there any day. Life is too uncertain to mock someone with his struggles. With the way people do that here, I can only begin to imagine the kind of mind we got. Very evil one. How a driver on rental will comfortably be mocking someone searching for car with his quest still baffles me...aren't there other ways u can insult him?

Very annoying and childish thing.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
izzou:

NOW, LET ME TALK ABOUT ME, "ÏŽŹÖÙ, AN UBER DRIVER

I switch on my app, and a request enters

Me:Hello, good morning. It's the uber you ordered
Rider: Oga where are you? Follow your map immediately. I'm waiting
Me: Sir/Ma, at least you should respond to my greetings before dishing out orders
Rider: I don't have time for this. Okay Good morning sir. Be fast Abeg. I'm late
Me: I am not the cause of your lateness. If you can't talk calmly to me, please just cancel. Don't pour your frustration on me
Rider: You are crazy.
Me: Thunder fire you

Phone beeps, I accept. We meet and start the journey

Rider: Please speed a little, I'm late
Me: Madam, please don't tell me what to do. If you are not comfortable with my speed, I'll end the trip
Rider: What's wrong with you?
Me: Nothing is wrong with me.(I park and end trip)
Me: I have ended the trip. Get out of my car abeg

While on a trip,....

Rider: Please I'd like to pick my clothes at the dry cleaners
Me: Madam, I don't do stopovers. I can't wait more than 5 minutes if I do
Rider: Oga, you know it will definitely take more than 5 minutes. I won't be long. Max is 15 minutes
Me: Sir, I can't stay 15 minutes, unless you'll pay for my time
Rider: But the app is still running Na?
Me: It's either I end it, or I take you to your destination

I drop a rider. After 5 minutes. Rider calls

Rider: Hello, please I left a diary in your car. Did you see it
Me: Check and sees it. No, I didn't see it. It's not in my car
Rider: Oh God, please incase you see it, just let me know abeg
Me:Okay ma

Yimu. Rubbish eediot.

I see a LAWMA truck in traffic and fling the diary there. Nonsense

I could go on and on, but this is how I run my day.

I don't have time for riders without manners. After all, I have manners, so every one must have them

I won't do stopovers for more than 5 minutes. It cheating to me(But I can leave my engine and AC running in a standstill traffic for 2 hours and that's not cheating). If you won't pay for waiting after 5 minutes, I'm not waiting

For every word you say to me, I must respond. I own my car and how much do you want to pay sef, that you're feeling like and oga?. If you speak harshly to me, I must insult you, and end the trip.
Their fada angry

I don't return items. I don't have that strength. If I see anything, I throw it away. After all, these riders will never pay. After my first bad experience, I swore never to return any item. Even if I see a Rolls Royce Wraith key in my car, I'm flinging it outta my window

This is me, and this is how I survive everyday

An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind... I feel sad reading this bro! I could be a victim, forget my certificate in your car, and despite being a driver like you and never offending you, you’ll throw it away because of three bad experience you had.

Izzuo please rethink it, there’s a huge difference between good riddance to bad rubbish, and wickedness
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Y1nka:

An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind... I feel sad reading this bro! I could be a victim, forget my certificate in your car, and despite being a driver like you and never offending you, you’ll throw it away because of three bad experience you had.

Izzuo please rethink it, there’s a huge difference between good riddance to bad rubbish, and wickedness

He was being sarcastic.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
Since we are talking about bad riders and stopovers, let me narrate this experience I had with a female rider.

It was Monday morning around 8:30am, and I had just dropped someone off at Marina, if I recollect well. Since there was surge in Lekki, I decided to take the alternate route to Lekki; hopefully, I will get surge trip to Mainland.

Cruising through Oniru, a request came in on Uber - 1.7x. I accepted. The app showed me I was just 2 minutes away from pickup point. It was that close beside Ebeano. I entered the close, and the app notified the rider I had arrived.

I called the rider immediately and she told me she was coming down immediately.

1 minute later, she came out of the apartment block carrying a laptop bag and her designers handbag. She opened the back door and threw her laptop bag on the chair. Next thing, she bellowed "Good morning sir," then closed the back door, opened the front door and sat in the passenger seat.

"I'm sitting in front with you if you don't mind."
I told her, "no problem."

Once she sat in, she now told me that I will have to be patient with her. She's going to her office in VI, but she wants to go to Argungi area first to pick up some cash, then to any Zenith Bank branch to deposit before she will proceed to VI. I told her no problem, that the trip was on surge anyway. She then replied that she had to tell me first in case I'm not okay with her itinerary.

As we were moving from one point to the other, she was chatting freely with me in between the phone calls she was making. It was obvious this was one big girl. As we chatted, I got to know she parked her car (an SUV) at home because she doesn't want to be bothered with driving in Monday morning traffic.

This lady was well-behaved and well-mannered. She was time conscious too, and always thanking me for waiting for her.

Eventually, about 2 hours later, she told me to drop her off at Landmark to eat breakfast.

The fare came to #3,500. She gave me #5,000 and told me to keep the change.

I would have rated her 7 stars if it was possible.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Zontage: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
Y1nka:

You didn't actually understood the post. cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
You guys have successfully divided this thread into two factions. The no-nonsense guys that don't tolerate shii and fling any thing from their cars, order riders out and the empathetic souls giving the riders benefit of the doubt.

I'm not one to judge but just do what your gut tells you. We all have our on and off days in life so act accordingly. If a rider brings hot, by all means give hot but just use sense. No be everything be gra gra.

Guys please let's not derail the intent of this thread and stick to it's original purpose.

We are a family. For those asking for saka, the way you saka a rider would be the way God or whatever you serve will saka blessings away from you. Happy Sunday guys.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
Y1nka:

An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind... I feel sad reading this bro! I could be a victim, forget my certificate in your car, and despite being a driver like you and never offending you, you’ll throw it away because of three bad experience...

Ha! Never at all thought about this and which is very very possible.

Let me share an experience.

Many years ago... I think about 20yrs now I and my elder brother when’s to that orthopedic hospital at onipan/pan groove area, forgotten what we went for. About leaving the compound a car in front of us zoomed off, with some documents flying all over the place as the documents where left ontop the car roof. We shouted calling the driver but the person never heard non stopped. We gathered everything and assembled them into a paper bag.

Among the documents are every of the woman’s certificates right from primary school to her doctrine degree and down to her PhD. Appointment letter in luth, some other documents I can’t list with some money and a GSM phone Sony Ericsson. This was around 2001/02 I think. We wanted to drop it with the securities but non of them where to be found. So we went home with it and handed it to my mum. Pop na traveller is not always at home.

After some time the phone rang, then na we never sabi operate phone as the thing just came out newly then. Instead of us to accept the call we were ignorantly rejecting it gringrin... na blame us o na the country cause am...lol.

Finally the phone went off as we where trying everything possible to either call back or find a way out, the charger was right there, na person wey no sabi answer call go sabi charge am? Lol.

Las las, we then thought of a good idea, took the phone to a phone bolt shop to get educated, the bros then when he saw us with a phone he shouted “who give una phone?” We explained brifly. He then charged it and put it on. Immediately a call from same number entered, we then answered. Bros don already teach us how to answer call. Lolzzz

A woman’s voice: hello
My eld.bro: hi ma’am
Woman: in a calm voice and good manners, I’ve been trying to call but the call has been cut off.
Eld,bro: yes, we didn’t know how to answer the call it’s the first time... we tried calling u when you zoomed bla bla
Woman: I got a call from home about my children, reason for what happened.

Next day we saw one very good looking woman in her 50s from the passport in her ID we identified her. Handed everything to her.

The rest of the story was a good relationship btw my family and her’s for many years before we lost contact.

So please let’s be guilded in our act and always try to apply wisdom in our daily dealings with people we render services to or meet daily because we never can tell what the next day will give rise to.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Com4tea(f): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
Happy Sunday

Please how much can one charge from amuwo odofin to redemption camp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
I said before that I'm always likely to accept stopovers from riders, this is one of such situations.
Honestly, I wouldn't turn her down with that approach.

Approach matters in all, both for riders and drivers.

nitigriti:
Since we are talking about bad riders and stopovers, let me narrate this experience I had with a female rider.

It was Monday morning around 8:30am, and I had just dropped someone off at Marina, if I recollect well. Since there was surge in Lekki, I decided to take the alternate route to Lekki; hopefully, I will get surge trip to Mainland.

Cruising through Oniru, a request came in on Uber - 1.7x. I accepted. The app showed me I was just 2 minutes away from pickup point. It was that close beside Ebeano. I entered the close, and the app notified the rider I had arrived.

I called the rider immediately and she told me she was coming down immediately.

1 minute later, she came out of the apartment block carrying a laptop bag and her designers handbag. She opened the back door and threw her laptop bag on the chair. Next thing, she bellowed "Good morning sir," then closed the back door, opened the front door and sat in the passenger seat.

"I'm sitting in front with you if you don't mind."
I told her, "no problem."

Once she sat in, she now told me that I will have to be patient with her. She's going to her office in VI, but she wants to go to Argungi area first to pick up some cash, then to any Zenith Bank branch to deposit before she will proceed to VI. I told her no problem, that the trip was on surge anyway. She then replied that she had to tell me first in case I'm not okay with her itinerary.

As we were moving from one point to the other, she was chatting freely with me in between the phone calls she was making. It was obvious this was one big girl. As we chatted, I got to know she parked her car (an SUV) at home because she doesn't want to be bothered with driving in Monday morning traffic.

This lady was well-behaved and well-mannered. She was time conscious too, and always thanking me for waiting for her.

Eventually, about 2 hours later, she told me to drop her off at Landmark to eat breakfast.

The fare came to #3,500. She gave me #5,000 and told me to keep the change.

I would have rated her 7 stars if it was possible.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
Com4tea:
Happy Sunday

Please how much can one charge from amuwo odofin to redemption camp

As Izzou would do, check how much bolt/uber will charge for that distance, double it for to and fro. Just use your discretion on how much u add to it and dont be greedy, sorry for that word.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dljbd1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
fasa199:
Lesson learnt

Good is not Good. angry

Bros, this your story is half baked. So he ate food at your convenience...and what happened next? Wasn't the his time reading? As long as its reading I don't see what the fuss is about undecided

Please come and finish this your tory

(1) (2) (3) ... (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: SenatorJChris and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.