Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4722437 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Postive mindset Positive Mindset Positive Mindset

How do you always have a positive mindset about something that is rigged to have you at the loosing end eternally?

I asked 2 questions and nobody answered me.

1) Can any driver show me a savings of 1 million made from ehailing? Emphasis on "Saved" please. I didnt say "Made and Spent". (I can't be too sure though because I can only work with the data I have after interviewing series of drivers physically)

2) Can you build a house in Idimu or Ayobo through ehailing?

Someone will soon come to remind me that civil servants too make money and spend and my answer is still; "What concerns me and a civil servant or any other work for that matter? Are your destinies same?"

If after driving for 2 years consistently and you can't have a solid savings of 1 million... What does that tell you about ehailing? Does it look like something with a future?

By the way, I can't see where I said driving is outrightly bad. I only said to find a way and get out of this thing before it harms you. Especially for those who are already seeing this thing as a life thing. I also emphasised on the fact that the people you are actually working for are Uber/Bolt, Mechanics and Fuel stations.

You know Nigerians have been so battered to the extent that they now compare sufferings. You tell a Nigerian that as a child you suffered so much that you had to trek 15 kilometres to school everyday. He will say bros you no suffer reach me. That he trekked 17 kilometres to school everyday. Technically he may be correct. But theoretically, is suffering something to be proud of and compared? If my poo poo smells better than your poo poo, does it make poo poo palatable and servable as dinner?

As you drive people everyday to hotels like Radisson Blu and Ibis, don't you ever wish that those hotels are yours? As you drive people out of Parkview Ikoyi, VGC, Banana Island, Victoria crest 1 to 4 etc to work, don't you wish you own those estates or at least live in them? Does it sound like something achievable driving with Uber/Bolt?

Please don't be depressed yet. Am still a driver for now like you.

What is My Point then?

If there can be better, why settle for good?

Medicine after death....oga you goofed with your earlier post......just forgerrit and move on. You are saying it as if the pipo doing e-hailing are jumping into it as a get rich quick scheme, that's your main problem. Pipo are just doing it to survive....it is very very difficult to get a 70k paying job in today's economy....but without a cert, e-hailing can guarantee you that. So erase yur mindset from comparing drivers to oil workers, they are just doing it to survive....the country is hard enough so keep yur negativity to yourself.

Na person wey wear shoe know where e dey pepper am for leg.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
DonJoeSneh:

Medicine after death....oga you goofed with your earlier post......just forgerrit and move on. You are saying it as if the pipo doing e-hailing are jumping into it as a get rich quick scheme, that's your main problem. Pipo are just doing it to survive....it is very very difficult to get a 70k paying job in today's economy....but without a cert, e-hailing can guarantee you that. So erase yur mindset from comparing drivers to oil workers, they are just doing it to survive....the country is hard enough so keep yur negativity to yourself.

Na person wey wear shoe know where e dey pepper am for leg.

The guy does not want to face reality.. We can agree that working for somebody will not automatically get you rich. But you have to start somewhere. The angryman wants to walk before he can crawl ... An hungry man will always be an angry man.. So my advice is for the angryman to take time off. And clear his mind and restradegize on what direction he needs to take to achieve his goal . Coming to nairaland to complain about it will not help him at all ... for him to get better result ,he can't keep doing the samething over and over again ...

And in this life nobody is going to hold your hands to help you solve your problems. You have to figure it out on your own accord .. Even if somebody wants to help you out. They can only direct you to the straight road. But you have to put in the work ....

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
Gentlelife50:

And the worst part is they will still not pay the owner promptly, maybe after seeing wniiii in the hands of the drivers the owner puts it up for sale.
Few months old corolla for sale, buy and drive everything working fine. While the car is gone
undecided

To me such cars are BUY AND DIE

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
dru23:

The guy does not want to face reality.. We can agree that working for somebody will not automatically get you rich. But you have to start somewhere. The angryman wants to walk before he can crawl ... An hungry man will always be an angry man.. So my advice is for the angryman to take time off. And clear his mind and restradegize on what direction he needs to take to achieve his goal . Coming to nairaland to complain about it will not help him at all ... for him to get better result ,he can't keep doing the samething over and over again ...

And in this life nobody is going to hold your hands to help you solve your problems. You have to figure it out on your own accord .. Even if somebody wants to help you out. They can only direct you to the straight road. But you have to put in the work ....

Always on point.
That's the truth of the matter.
Welcome back bro!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2020
Dru talking sense...........

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
calabardick:

Always on point.
Welcome back bro!

Thanks bro .. Have called u several times on your whatapps .. +1 857 that is me calling u
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
calabardick:

Always on point.
Welcome back bro!

The thing about the angryman that I see is that ,if you keep the samething over and over again. And you dont see any changes to better your situation.. Than do something else that will give u better result ....nobody is telling him he must die there and do Uber

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
calabardick:
[/b]

To me such cars are BUY AND DIE
Na so, but you won't blame the owner

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 11:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
dru23:

The thing about the angryman that I see is that ,if you keep the samething over and over again. And you dont see any changes to better your situation.. Than do something else that will give u better result ....nobody is telling him he must die there and do Uber
I think angryman is just being frustrated. That was how he attack me cause I was looking for HP. He is just looking for where to pour out his anger. I use to listen to his advice but I now see that he is just being frustrated. �

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shina101(m): 12:48am On Jan 19, 2020
segefx:
Hello friends, please who know any company that can accept this CR V for rentals services. Thanks

Chinese in dangote refinery will gladly accept it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 12:55am On Jan 19, 2020
shina101:

Hahahah. Can't stop laughing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:43am On Jan 19, 2020
Prince3:

I think angryman is just being frustrated. That was how he attack me cause I was looking for HP. He is just looking for where to pour out his anger. I use to listen to his advice but I now see that he is just being frustrated. �

We all are allow to be frustrated, we are human beings. But what we do with that frustration is what really matters ....

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segefx(m): 7:06am On Jan 19, 2020
Are u serious bro..please don't get me wrong what I meant was a lease to carry Company VIPs not weekly uber rentals. If u have a link ,kindly link me up please. Thanks
shina101:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 19, 2020
Happy Sunday everybody.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by d0pekellz(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2020
Fostercat:
Please who is available to pick me from ikosi ketu to the SCOAN ikotun by 5am tomorrow and how much on offline?
Hello Fostercat, I would like to contact you about Hayat. Please reach back when you get this. Regards.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by surethings(m): 7:49am On Jan 19, 2020
Pls house,
Is redmi 7(3gb/32) good for uber? am about to but it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:50am On Jan 19, 2020
Beeron:
Dru23 is very exposed and has a mind that quickly adapts to change and the environment he finds himself. People like him never bemoan about misfortune, rather they keep it moving and don't give up.

Dru also has resources, both material and financial resources to keep his business afloat.

Dru is near resources. What this means is, he easily gets original parts, fluids, cheap cars and tools etc direct from the U.S, to run a successful fleet.

He has a different ideology to ehailing business which could be sum in one word "Maintenance".

Now with all these above, when Dru's business keeps flourishing and he intends adding more cars to his fleet, we would FORGET that he has a upper hand because he is fortunate enough to have his hands on the list aforementioned.

What is funny is most successful Nigerians in business NEVER share their business secrets but Dru23 comes on here to drop his success business secrets for free in disguise of MOTIVATIONAL talks and the meme, then I see people lambasting him for whatever reason, Yet, his principles and ideology still works for him.

I have NEVER seen anyone here who took Dru23 advise seriously and came back here to say it didn't work for them. I myself have adopted his idology and as a car owner, things has been smooth for me and my driver.

So Dru isn't only a wise guy to be taken seriously but also a blessing to this forum as well.

Kudos Dru23
Kudos to Gazzuzz too (This man is a great guy too)

Dru is that you with this moniker

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:14am On Jan 19, 2020
mrjaydee:

Dru is that you with this moniker

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:48am On Jan 19, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Postive mindset Positive Mindset Positive Mindset

How do you always have a positive mindset about something that is rigged to have you at the loosing end eternally?

I asked 2 questions and nobody answered me.

1) Can any driver show me a savings of 1 million made from ehailing? Emphasis on "Saved" please. I didnt say "Made and Spent". (I can't be too sure though because I can only work with the data I have after interviewing series of drivers physically)

2) Can you build a house in Idimu or Ayobo through ehailing?

Someone will soon come to remind me that civil servants too make money and spend and my answer is still; "What concerns me and a civil servant or any other work for that matter? Are your destinies same?"

If after driving for 2 years consistently and you can't have a solid savings of 1 million... What does that tell you about ehailing? Does it look like something with a future?

By the way, I can't see where I said driving is outrightly bad. I only said to find a way and get out of this thing before it harms you. Especially for those who are already seeing this thing as a life thing. I also emphasised on the fact that the people you are actually working for are Uber/Bolt, Mechanics and Fuel stations.

You know Nigerians have been so battered to the extent that they now compare sufferings. You tell a Nigerian that as a child you suffered so much that you had to trek 15 kilometres to school everyday. He will say bros you no suffer reach me. That he trekked 17 kilometres to school everyday. Technically he may be correct. But theoretically, is suffering something to be proud of and compared? If my poo poo smells better than your poo poo, does it make poo poo palatable and servable as dinner?

As you drive people everyday to hotels like Radisson Blu and Ibis, don't you ever wish that those hotels are yours? As you drive people out of Parkview Ikoyi, VGC, Banana Island, Victoria crest 1 to 4 etc to work, don't you wish you own those estates or at least live in them? Does it sound like something achievable driving with Uber/Bolt?

Please don't be depressed yet. Am still a driver for now like you.

What is My Point then?

If there can be better, why settle for good?
Nnwanne U re on point. Don't mind them. SOme people want to live all their lives in this world SLAVING and building another mans business. They are never thinking they could own companies.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dicksonadams(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2020
dckng16:
Nnwanne U re on point. Don't mind them. SOme people want to live all their lives in this world SLAVING and building another mans business. They are never thinking they could own companies.

It all about strategy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2020
dicksonadams:

It all about strategy
Why is Uber number 1?
grin

They say it's they best job a man can get oo

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 19, 2020
surethings:
Pls house,
Is redmi 7(3gb/32) good for uber? am about to but it

Very Good bro, I currently use redmi 8 4/64....it's N47,000 if the current cost of the one u intend buying is close just add and get the 8.....

The redmi 7 and 8 has mad GPS ...so it's cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:56am On Jan 19, 2020
dicksonadams:

It all about strategy

Number 6 will REALLY piss some people off grin

https://millennialmoneyman.com/driving-for-uber/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/uber-lyft-drivers-job-advice-car-2019-8

For the link below, yes it's in $ but if you factory in the cost of living I was quite surprised to see it is right on par with what you guys post kiss number 11 too una no go like am
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2017/04/23/11-things-to-know-before-becoming-an-uber-or-lyft-driver/

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
radautoworks:

Number 6 will REALLY piss some people off ;[/b]D

https://millennialmoneyman.com/driving-for-uber/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/uber-lyft-drivers-job-advice-car-2019-8

For the link below, yes it's in $ but if you factory in the cost of living I was quite surprised to see it is right on par with what you guys post kiss number 11 too una no go like am
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2017/04/23/11-things-to-know-before-becoming-an-uber-or-lyft-driver/

The fact of the matter is you can't be your own boss working for anybody. No matter how big or small the company is,this is reality I don't see any reason why anyone should be piss off for. To be your own boss you need to pay the cost. You need to start somewhere ,even criminals like Pablo Escobar started somewhere and grew to be something big. Yes he might be a bad example, but he started has a petty thief and move on to bigger things..

From my experience using Nigeria as an example. From the gateman, driver, maid, mechanic, sales girls etc all want to be bosses without putting in the work. but many don't have the discipline to do it.

I also mention that not every city in the USA that Uber is profitable for drivers. Some city are really bad ,but my city seems to be good . I have friends that do it and make money from it .. So it depends on how you approach it. A lot of college students do it and matches with their own schedule.. Also majority of people in the USA do Uber because of the flexibility it gives and they can have more time to focus on better things.. So in their own little way we can call them bosses. They dont have to punch in or out or work holidays. But if Uber can adjust their fares that will be more favorable to riders and drivers, I think that will be great. But if not , people wil continue driving. I was even told that you can make $2000 a week doing Uber. I was shock and didn't believe it . And I ask few of my friends doing it . And they said yes, but you have to put in that work ....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
dicksonadams:

It all about strategy
Bros which kind strategy ? grin.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
dckng16:
Bros which kind strategy ? grin.

Strategy my brother .. If you can think outside the box ..keep in mind nobody is going to hold your hands and tell you how to make money o .. Few will be kind enough to show the road .. But that is where it will stop ,it is up to you to know what to do .. As people complain about Uber in naija ,so they are complaining in the USA. But the complainers on both sides are still driving and getting up in the morning driving...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
dckng16:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Why is Uber on number 1?
grin

They say it's they best job a man can get oo

But the funny thing is you still driving..... What is the Nigeria minimum wage now ? I think 40k naira a month .But am sure u make double that in a month doing Uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
dru23:

The fact of the matter is you can't be your own boss working for anybody. No matter how big or small the company is,this is reality I don't see any reason why anyone should be piss off for. To be your own boss you need to pay the cost. You need to start somewhere ,even criminals like Pablo Escobar started somewhere and grew to be something big. Yes he might be a bad example, but he started has a petty thief and move on to bigger things..

From my experience using Nigeria as an example. From the gateman, driver, maid, mechanic, sales girls etc all want to be bosses without putting in the work. but many don't have the discipline to do it.

I also mention that not every city in the USA that Uber is profitable for drivers. Some city are really bad ,but my city seems to be good . I have friends that do it and make money from it .. So it depends on how you approach it. A lot of college students do it and matches with their own schedule.. Also majority of people in the USA do Uber because of the flexibility it gives and they can have more time to focus on better things.. So in their own little way we can call them bosses. They dont have to punch in or out or work holidays. But if Uber can adjust their fares that will be more favorable to riders and drivers, I think that will be great. But if not , people wil continue driving. I was even told that you can make $2000 a week doing Uber. I was shock and didn't believe it . And I ask few of my friends doing it . And they said yes, but you have to put in that work ....
Oga dru calm down. That $2000 you heard isn't the real cash 0! you didn't factor in taxes and expenses. By time you do plus and minus the money can't be more than $500-$700 cash at hand.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
dru23:
[/b]

yeah. But...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
dckng16:
Oga dru calm down. That $2000 you heard isn't the real cash 0! you didn't factor in taxes and expenses. By time you do plus and minus the money can't be $500-$700 cash at hand.

Whether na real cash or not .. I don't make that in a week before taxes. But after tax and expenses it is still good money. But at the same time you are putting a lot of hours.
Seems you want me to hold your hands and explain to you. People making that type of money, have a strategy in place .. The smart ones will do it for few months or years and quit . And move on to better things, the smart ones will go to the auction buy a Camry for $2000 and use it to be Uber. The smart ones are avoiding buying expensive cars for the job . They understand the wear and tear that comes with the job... do you still want me to hold your hands and explain more ?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
dckng16:
yeah. But...

Maybe you should start robbing banks and doing 419 .. You want to walk before you can crawl ... Everybody wants to be a boss. But they don't have the guts to do it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.