Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725489 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

There was a huge fire in a fuel station with explosions and what do you expect, people should sit their arses at home in the name of lock down when disaster is lurking right in your backyard. This incident happened quite a few blocks from where I stay, though I wasn't home.

This is typical naija for you and it could happen anywhere. Real physical social distancing will be very difficult to achieve in Africa and even more so in one of the most densely populated city in the world.

These is still a pointer to the manifest failures of the goverment. The system has failed everyone and will continue to.What you see there is palpable fear in the people thinking the fire could raise down the whole neighborhood, though misplaced,I must confess.Abule Ado still readily comes to mind.

Goverment should make laws and enforce them,if laws are in place and appropriate sanctions applied to deviants, everyone would fall in line.But what do we have,lacuna everywhere due to iresponsibilty of government.

grin abeg o! Somebody made away with a red 2008 Range Rover sport from the car lot next to the fuel station while trying to evacuate the cars during the fire, abeg we dey find am.This is no joke!!

Okay bro smiley
I do not have the strength to argue with you this morning

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2020
izzou:

Okay bro smiley
I do not have the strength to argue with you this morning

I also didn't have time yesterday!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

I also didn't have time yesterday!!

Okay

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

There was a huge fire in a fuel station with explosions and what do you expect, people should sit their arses at home in the name of lock down when disaster is lurking right in your backyard. This incident happened quite a few blocks from where I stay, though I wasn't home.

This is typical naija for you and it could happen anywhere. Real physical social distancing will be very difficult to achieve in Africa and even more so in one of the most densely populated city in the world.

This is still a pointer to the manifest failures of the goverment. The system has failed everyone and will continue to.What you see there is palpable fear in the people thinking the fire could raise down the whole neighborhood, though misplaced,I must confess.Abule Ado still readily comes to mind.

Goverment should make laws and enforce them,if laws are in place and appropriate sanctions applied to deviants, everyone would fall in line.But what do we have,lacuna everywhere due to iresponsibilty of government.

grin abeg o! Somebody made away with a red 2008 Range Rover sport from the car lot next to the fuel station while trying to evacuate the cars during the fire, abeg we dey find am.This is no joke!!

You are blaming government for this?
Government say stay at home , maintain social distance, wear mask ... etc
How would government enforce it?

Fire started in NNPC and fire services came with their Truck but your Ogba people began to stone d truck.
If you were at home would you have been in d crowd ?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:02am On Apr 29, 2020
BAZ001:

Fire started in NNPC and fire services came with their Truck but your Ogba people began to stone d truck.

The moment I saw him blame the government for not testing people, and still blame the government when the people came out to just watch a petrol station burn without any protective measures, I removed my hands off his matter

grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cindybaby22(f): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

This is still a pointer to the manifest failures of the goverment. The system has failed everyone and will continue to.What you see there is palpable fear in the people thinking the fire could raise down the whole neighborhood, though misplaced,I must confess.Abule Ado still readily comes to mind.

Goverment should make laws and enforce them,if laws are in place and appropriate sanctions applied to deviants, everyone would fall in line.But what do we have,lacuna everywhere due to iresponsibilty of government

Don't u people ever get tired of blaming government for everything? How is government responsible for this? Smh

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2020
How to use ur face mask

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:13am On Apr 29, 2020
izzou:

The moment I saw him blame the government for not testing people, and still blame the government when the people came out to just watch a petrol station burn without any protective measures, I removed my hands off his matter

grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2020
Taking off a face mask

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2020
BAZ001:

Nope, I probably wouldn't have.

Do you have proof people were stoning the fire trucks or their men?

Yes I blame goverment because we have allowed the country drift for too long.

Let's have responsible governance,we will get compliant citizens. Take the lockdown for example, you are being asked to stay at home but goverment officials and other well placed people are moving about with ease for no just reason.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Bearded gang

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:33am On Apr 29, 2020
Carshopper:
Bearded gang

grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2020
jaymejate:

I support this but to be frank, we are not ready for this. Security needs to get to a higher level before this would be possible. Policemen who are insane will start misbehaving calling everyone that works at night thieves.
Electricity might not permit this too.

We are not mature to get to that stage yet.

Maybe places like Eko Atlantic will start that first.

Most importantly, SECURITY!
You're absolutely right, I have already highlighted. your fears and truly we are not ripe for a 24hrs economy unless until these things are put in 0lave.

But i see a future where these will be a reality.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:38am On Apr 29, 2020
cindybaby22:

Don't u people ever get tired of blaming government for everything? How is government responsible for this? Smh

Pls tell me,do we have responsible goverment in this country? What we have is a totally defective system where the people have lost every iota of trust in the system and would you blame them?

Nigeria is a lawless country not by default but by the manifest iresponsibilty of government. If you have laws in place with enforcement, people will naturally fall in line and there would be order.

If the problem of incompetence is sorted at the top, dealing with those at the bottom would be easy.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Nope, I probably wouldn't have.

Do you have proof people were stoning the fire trucks or their men?

Yes I blame goverment because we have allowed the country drift for too long.

Let's have responsible governance,we will get compliant citizens. Take the lockdown for example, you are being asked to stay at home but goverment officials and other well placed people are moving about with ease for no just reason.

Watch the video below or go to YouTube

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/video-moment-firefighter-truck-arrives-nnpc-fire-scene-at-ogba-lagos/

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
There's an idiot born every day.

https://www.wonkette.com/reopen-nc-founder-has-covid-19-says-it-is-her-first-amendment-right-to-infect-others

I will say it again. Those of you that want to end lockdown should please negotiate to one side of Lagos... Preferably away from Lekki, VI and Magodo grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
izzou:

grin

I am still waiting for any sane excuse why we are lagging so far behind in covid-19 testing compared to even smaller African countries.

What have we been doing so far,since the lockdown started,other than the stay at home because other countries are staying at home BS rhetoric we have been hearing all month long?

I refuse to be part of the stoic reality many of you pro lockdown people are in.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cindybaby22(f): 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Pls tell me,do we have responsible goverment in this country? What we have is a totally defective system where the people have lost every iota of trust in the system and would you blame them?

Nigeria is a lawless country not by default but by the manifest iresponsibilty of government. If you have laws in place with enforcement, people will naturally fall in line and there would be order.

If the problem of incompetence is sorted at the top, dealing with those at the bottom would be easy.
Please don't just stretch this argument. Unless u are not being truthful to yourself!
The average Nigerian will never adhere to simple instructions. When people fail to queue up at ATM, fail to renew car papers, fail to obey traffic light, how do u blame government for such? Same case is playing out in this fire incident & it got nothing to do with government! Let's take responsibility for once as a people & stop blaming government for everything! It's sickening!
Have u taken time to watch America documentaries on YouTube? U need to & see how their citizens also help government. A stubborn child will always find a way to blame his/her parents, that's our case.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2020
izzou:

grin grin

Baba too much talks on issues surrounding its spread ... less talks on managing the spread ...

How does the coronavirus disease spread?

People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick.

We are driving an initiative to produce filtered face masks for FREE distribution. Production has started from personal contributions to achieve this.

Let's Educate, Enlighten and Engage

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cindybaby22(f): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2020
radautoworks:

https://www.wonkette.com/reopen-nc-founder-has-covid-19-says-it-is-her-first-amendment-right-to-infect-others

I will say it again. Those of you that want to end lockdown should please negotiate to one side of Lagos... Preferably away from Lekki, VI and Magodo grin
How I wish the bold is possible lol
I honestly think it will be more easier to manage hunger than this virus should things escalate.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2020
BAZ001:

Watch the video below or go to YouTube

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/video-moment-firefighter-truck-arrives-nnpc-fire-scene-at-ogba-lagos/

I agree there would be some few disgruntled elements in situations like this which is absolutely wrong and irrational, but you would agree that this is a reflection of the anger people have against the goverment for it's several failures to the citizens. The country is boiling up and and chaos is apparent if goverment won't live to it's responsibilities
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

I am still waiting for any sane excuse why we are lagging so far behind in covid-19 testing compared to even smaller African countries.

What have we been doing so far,since the lockdown started,other than the stay at home because other countries are staying at home BS rhetoric we have been hearing all month long?

I refuse to be part of the stoic reality many of you pro lockdown people are in.

For every new comment you make, you bring up something different. That's why it's difficult to engage you in a discussion

Is it the government that asked over 2000 people to gather at one spot to watch a petrol station burn without social distancing or face masks? Look at the crowd in that picture. Maybe people from Obawole came to watch sef....What a shame

This is the exact reason I am for the lockdown. A lot of Lagosians (95%) are ignorant, and most of them fall within the poor people category. Even if they catch the virus, they will definitely find it difficult to isolate because of the poverty.

I'm sure if this was Kano or Borno, we would be seeing comments calling them ignorant, aboki, foolish people....But now that's it's Lagos, it's the government's fault

The lockdown has been lifted, and the curfew won't work. You know what that means? Everybody is on his own. Let's all go and hustle and hope on our Chi to save us.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:01am On Apr 29, 2020
Carshopper:

Baba too much talks on issues surrounding its spread ... less talks on managing the spread ...

People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick.

We are driving an initiative to produce filtered face masks for FREE distribution. Production has started from personal contributions to achieve this.

I'll definitely start the education and enlightenment when the lockdown is lifted.

Thank for the effort sir. You're really trying

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2020
We are moving .... with partnership from Gazzuzz Logistics for FREE distribution within Lagos.

Truly appreciate

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2020
izzou:

I'll definitely start the education and enlightenment when the lockdown is lifted.

Thank for the effort sir. You're really trying

Sir.

You're really doing well. Let me know when it starts

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2020
cindybaby22:

Please don't just stretch this argument. Unless u are not being truthful to yourself!
The average Nigerian will never adhere to simple instructions. When people fail to queue up at ATM, fail to renew car papers, fail to obey traffic light, how do u blame government for such? Same case is playing out in this fire incident & it got nothing to do with government! Let's take responsibility for once as a people & stop blaming government for everything! It's sickening!
Have u taken time to watch America documentaries on YouTube? U need to & see how their citizens also help government. A stubborn child will always find a way to blame his/her parents, that's our case.

I so much like the parent stubborn child analogy you just gave. A child's upbringing will most times reflects in how they turn out.

If you have the same kind of incompetent goverment we have in Nigeria in America,America will also be as chaotic as Nigeria.

Leadership as a huge role to play in the development of society,UAE,Singapore,Cuba, Malaysia etc are very obvious examples,can you compare the governments of these places with the disastrous one we have here.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 10:23am On Apr 29, 2020
radautoworks:

There are mad people everywhere
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2020
izzou:

For every new comment you make, you bring up something different. That's why it's difficult to engage you in a discussion

Is it the government that asked over 2000 people to gather at one spot to watch a petrol station burn without social distancing or face masks? Look at the crowd in that picture. Maybe people from Obawole came to watch sef....What a shame

This is the exact reason I am for the lockdown. A lot of Lagosians (95%) are ignorant, and most of them fall within the poor people category. Even if they catch the virus, they will definitely find it difficult to isolate because of the poverty.

I'm sure if this was Kano or Borno, we would be seeing comments calling them ignorant, aboki, foolish people....But now that's it's Lagos, it's the government's fault

The lockdown has been lifted, and the curfew won't work. You know what that means? Everybody is on his own. Let's all go and hustle and hope on our Chi to save us.

All my arguments sir ,still points to the fact that good responsible governance is lacking in Nigeria,hence the reason for things like what Happened in Ogba.

If people know they will get sanctioned for going out and being part of such mass gathering or even stepping out without some self protection and all, people will rein themselves in and stay guided.

If people know that their goverment truly cares about them and that the much touted palliatives will go round as it should for the intended purpose, people will adhere to the guidelines and trust goverment.

If people knew goverment was responsible,they won't result to self help.

Also sir, I don't believe goverment is seeking to lift the lockdown cos people are hungry but cos goverment is going broke and the future is rather bleak for the economy worse than ever.

Parochialism is the order of the day and no genuine altruism whatsoever from our government.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gazzuzzlogistic(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2020
Carshopper:
We are moving .... with partnership from Gazzuzz Logistics for FREE distribution within Lagos.

Truly appreciate

We are glad to be part of this movement to defeat covid19

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2020
Carshopper:

See ehn the most scariest thing about this covid-19 is the you don't even have to show that you have a symptoms before you can spread it cry to you u are healthy but covid dey inside body and u will be spreading it before the coughing and all will start cry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2020
hefelove:

See ehn the most scariest thing about this covid-19 is the you don't even have to show that you have a symptoms before you can spread it cry to you u are healthy but covid dey inside body and u will be spreading it before the coughing and all will start cry

This is reason for mandatory use of face mask, sanitizer and other protective measures.

Note: this isnt an ebola type virus that spreads via contact of body fluids eg sweat.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2020
Gazzuzzlogistic:

We are glad to be part of this movement to defeat covid19

We appreciate

We are out to Educate, Enlighten and Engage...

1000 masks for FREE

We say thanks to all support we getting

(1) (2) (3) ... (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.