Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:54 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4660523 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2663) (2664) (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) ... (5669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:20pm On May 04, 2020
izzou:

Lol.

I think it's funny the way we push responsibilities to others, especially issues concerning our own lives

Even if the bank does not put anything, does it even make sense for people to overcrowd themselves without any protective measures?Must we always wait for one policeman or one OD to compel us to save our own lives?

Look at how drivers here are taking measures to be safe out there. They didn't have to wait for Uber or Bolt to type first. That should be our attitude to staying safe

I saw that thread and I laughed. grin

If I was GTB, I will not force or put any sign there. If they want to push themselves and squeeze themselves, it's fine. I'll only protect the two security guards outside. Whosever wants to be stupid now, should be

I'm sorry to say, but Nigerians(I know I'm included) are just one kind.
Very anyhow people

This ain't about Nigerians, but black as a race, we can't take out the fact that we r primitive and inferior in complex, we defend garbage and that's how its been since d early days. All these goes down to our leaders for not doing the right thing during this lockdown, but are they doin the best they can do? Story for another day.

Why the bank have to caution dia clients is same reason why uber drivers think rider must take some precautions by using this or that, if not the bank workers won't b comfortable working under such condition. You honestly can't blame folks that have their ATM stuck from the 2nd week of lockdown with no one to borrow them money and too many insult they have received due to inability to eat or carry on as a man from neighbours... Hunger doesn't know anything about social distancing, we die here, I must take money home is d mentality boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:27pm On May 04, 2020
pope191:

This ain't about Nigerians, but black as a race, we can't take out the fact that we r primitive and inferior in complex, we defend garbage and that's how its been since d early days. All these goes down to our leaders for not doing the right thing during this lockdown, but are they doin the best they can do? Story for another day.

Why the bank have to caution dia clients is same reason why uber drivers think rider must take some precautions by using this or that, if not the bank workers won't b comfortable working under such condition. You honestly can't blame folks that have their ATM stuck from the 2nd week of lockdown with no one to borrow them money and too many insult they have received due to inability to eat or carry on as a man from neighbours... Hunger doesn't know anything about social distancing, we die here, I must take money home is d mentality boss.

The cashier will only attend to one person at a time
The customer rep will only attend to one person at a time

Whether they rush in oh, or line up, or go in one by one, it will end up the same way

I'm not saying people should not go out, but do I need a security or policeman to force me to save my own life?

The bank should just ensure that there's few metres between the crowd and those two officers outside

If they don't want to observe social distancing by themselves, they should please push and pull each other.

Like Carshopper said, some people will be used as statistics

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:37pm On May 04, 2020
Babadee1900:
As at then it was #3700, I’ve done a couple more trips.

Yes, I am taking the necessary precautions. I have two bottles of Methylated Spirit and Alcohol, after each trip I spray the door handles, In and Out. It’s stressful sha undecided

Someone can not play with request again menh. I was gladly tearing away into my chicken from chicken republic when a request entered, from Adebayo Doherty to Oniru, on a good day I go offline before eating, can’t try it now. Every request you are lucky to get now counts! I will continue with the chicken from where I stopped grin

Continue with d Chicken grin u r truly taking precautions... Boss avoid eating inside d car for now pls.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2020
I dey house dey sleep ... no reason to go out so I am staying safe at home ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:51pm On May 04, 2020
izzou:

Whether they rush in oh, or line up, or go in one by one, it will end up the same way

I'm not saying people should not go out, but do I need a security or policeman to force me to save my own life?

The bank should just ensure that there's few metres between the crowd and those two officers outside

If they don't want to observe social distancing by themselves, they should please push and pull each other.

Boss no talk like dis nah, customer rep answer one person at a time? Banks arrangement differ, but this is not the point... Let me buy you a story, ard march I picked up a rider going to work in one of these banks, then we only have the Italian man case, as he got into the car, he start chatting me up and I took him as one of the cool rider until he said "I've been calling my wife and she not picking, menh I'm scared oo, I won't lie, she's an health worker in UK and the rate at which the thing is spreading... I have to come back last night" before I know, my guy throw this heavy sneeze with droplet of catarrh and ask if I have tissue paper... In my mind, tissue paper ko, straight face and double the gas on my pedal. Same week I took a rider to yaba isolation centre, boss it wasn't easy being at home trying to block different tots.

So I don't think any cashier will b comfortable with one customer coughing anyhow in his/her front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:00pm On May 04, 2020
kodred:

Interesting. Can you share the source of that experiment?
I doubt any virus can survive for 2 weeks without a host.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2020
pope191:

Continue with d Chicken grin u r truly taking precautions... Boss avoid eating inside d car for now pls.
Okay. I’ll take to your advice. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:11pm On May 04, 2020
Carshopper:
I dey house dey sleep ... no reason to go out so I am staying safe at home ....
Estate people nko?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 1:14pm On May 04, 2020
deedee44:

Estate people nko?

Meeting with them today oo... na official letter I write give dem

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2020
pope191:

Boss no talk like dis nah, customer rep answer one person at a time? Banks arrangement differ, but this is not the point... Let me buy you a story, ard march I picked up a rider going to work in one of these banks, then we only have the Italian man case, as he got into the car, he start chatting me up and I took him as one of the cool rider until he said "I've been calling my wife and she not picking, menh I'm scared oo, I won't lie, she's an health worker in UK and the rate at which the thing is spreading... I have to come back last night" before I know, my guy throw this heavy sneeze with droplet of catarrh and ask if I have tissue paper... In my mind, tissue paper ko, straight face and double the gas on my pedal. Same week I took a rider to yaba isolation centre, boss it wasn't easy being at home trying to block different tots.

So I don't think any cashier will b comfortable with one customer coughing anyhow in his/her front.

People will definitely cough na.

That's why she/he is wearing masks grin

Make we no derail abeg. Hope you don net 15k today? cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:18pm On May 04, 2020
Carshopper:

Meeting with them today oo... na official letter I write give dem
All the best sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2020
deedee44:

All the best sir

Thanks ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:21pm On May 04, 2020
izzou:

People will definitely cough na.

That's why she/he is wearing masks grin

Make we no derail abeg. Hope you don net 15k today? cool

grin nah for my dreams I see 15k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billyddude: 1:21pm On May 04, 2020
Abeg people wey dey do night work,where be safe place to park and sleep ,I no get accommodation, as I wan land Lagos anytime..I wan come join this uber business asap?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:22pm On May 04, 2020
pope191:

grin nah for my dreams I see 15k

You comot today?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:23pm On May 04, 2020
Billyddude:
Abeg people wey dey do night work,where be safe place to park and sleep ,I no get accommodation, as I wan land Lagos anytime..I wan come join this uber business asap?

Find house abeg

Curfew don dey for night.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:25pm On May 04, 2020
izzou:

You comot today?

Nope, bonding with "For Life"

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 1:29pm On May 04, 2020
pope191:

Nope, bonding with "For Life"

I’m liking it a bit more with each episode.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2020
Billyddude:

Your own worst o. You'll definitely run out of luck one day. Lagos is not a place where you can sleep in the car everyday.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:36pm On May 04, 2020
Eizenburg:

I’m liking it a bit more with each episode.

Same here, just can't wait for him to be out and find out his friend is already filling his space.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emadamysy: 1:37pm On May 04, 2020
Billyddude:
Abeg even if na Face me I Slap you for 5k per month. Find abeg . That your thoughts no go work here .

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billyddude: 1:37pm On May 04, 2020
kodred:

Your own worst o. You'll definitely run out of luck one day. Lagos is not a place where you can sleep in the car everyday.
. Run out of luck like been robbed in d night?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 1:39pm On May 04, 2020
pope191:

Same here, just can't wait for him to be out and find out his friend is already filling his space.
. Make I hold back the spoiler

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 1:40pm On May 04, 2020
izzou:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1257242190599856128
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 04, 2020
Billyddude:

If them Rob u...u re lucky...

If I can call robbing you a lucky scenario....just Google situations worse than be robbed and make your decision.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 2:02pm On May 04, 2020
Billyddude:

Best thing to ask if you can get anyone to squat with for a fee over a period of time. Or anyone that can let out an accommodation for you over time. Anything you do, don't ever try to make sleeping in Your car your play A because first thing, you just arrived Lagos, you don't really know your way around, second you are fairly new to the Uber hustle.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billyddude: 2:04pm On May 04, 2020
tojahh:

Best thing to ask if you can get anyone to squat with for a fee over a period of time. Or anyone that can let out an accommodation for you over time. Anything you do, don't ever try to make sleeping in Your car your play A because first thing, you just arrived Lagos, you don't really know your way around, second you are fairly new to the Uber hustle.
Ok thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 2:10pm On May 04, 2020
Billyddude:

Yes getting robbed is one but that is child's play compared to some other things they might do to you especially if they find out you are a JJC. Eyes dey chook gan for this side bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billyddude: 2:11pm On May 04, 2020
kodred:

Yes getting robbed is one but that is child's play compared to some other things they might do to you especially if they find out you are a JJC. Eyes dey chook gan for this side bro.
. Haha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Myronbolitar: 2:37pm On May 04, 2020
genkins:
Hi guys, I need an Uber or bolt trained driver to put on rental. Am in Abuja. Hyundai elantra
I'm available for 15k weekly remittances.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 2:45pm On May 04, 2020
Billyddude:

You should at least have a relative or a friend you can put up with pending when u sort urself out.

This period isn't advisable considering the curfew being imposed by the government. There isn't much happening right now cos of coro.

But if it's too be a rolling Stone that you seek or some adventure.Don't let people scare you though,Lagos isn't as dangerous as people claim. There are several places around lekki and vi where u can roll over in your car,there are equally places that never sleeps like ikeja,some parts of festac,unilag,sabo yaba, igbosere on Lagos island etc.

You only need to avoid dark spots and stay where you have people around and properly lit at night, lock yourself in and make sure you don't roam about, cos that can be really dangerous.

Most gas stations and car washes have bathrooms where you can freshen up and there is food everywhere that you can buy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Billyddude: 3:14pm On May 04, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

You should at least have a relative or a friend you can put up with pending when u sort urself out.

This period isn't advisable considering the curfew being imposed by the government. There isn't much happening right now cos of coro.

But if it's too be a rolling Stone that you seek or some adventure.Don't let people scare you though,Lagos isn't as dangerous as people claim. There are several places around lekki and vi where u can roll over in your car,there are equally places that never sleeps like ikeja,some parts of festac,unilag,sabo yaba, igbosere on Lagos island etc.

You only need to avoid dark spots and stay where you have people around and properly lit at night, lock yourself in and make sure you don't roam about, cos that can be really dangerous.

Most gas stations and car washes have bathrooms where you can freshen up and there is food everywhere that you can buy

Oh thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2663) (2664) (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) ... (5669) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.