Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4712992 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) (2677) ... (5683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2020
Eizenburg:

Hello, why is Blessing calling Chillex, is the shop now open?
Not yet.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mayor555(m): 12:39pm On May 06, 2020
Carshopper
Bigleaf1006
Suco01
Izzou

Sorry sirs, I came late to the party.
Well I'm in Ado Ekiti, I interviewed the corporate body I intend to partner with. They've got their park here in Ado Ekiti, but they do stop at ojota wema park(the park's frontage is blocked now due to ongoing construction; there's one MRS filling station on the other side of the road- hope you know the park now.) It was a surface study, but I joined one of their siennas to Lagos, and on getting to the park I described, after we highlighted, he started loading and even moved before I left the park(waited for an engine from Ladipo to send home and the wait was roughly 50mins to 1hr). I didn't ask why it was so, like I said it was a surface study.

But as at that time(last year), loading from Ado Ekiti every morning is very achievable, especially for a sienna bus.

Suco01, you need not say I'm lieing, I'm saying what I've seen, you can just correct me and set me straight. Why should I come here and lie?

Still gan sef, I might still be wrong, maybe I should go back and ask deep questions. Well at the time, it seems their buses are not enough and they're quite popular.

Please set me straight if need be. So I/we can all learn.

For emphasis sake, they're corporate body.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 12:49pm On May 06, 2020
No wonder
northbird:

Abule - egba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2020
Mayor555

Lol
I didn't say you're lying oh. I totally understand you, and I won't argue, because na learn I dey learn too grin

If you want to research on Interstate transport, don't use companies that have names. You'll be carried away by the profits they make, forgetting that it's their name or brand that's contributing heavily to that

A GIG bus going to Benin can go and come back the same day effortlessly, because his customers are always there. He is not competing for passengers with any other bus. He owns his park(they call it pit), and he owns his staff. When they collect their money, all they give the driver is fuel, road expenses, and daily allowance. The rest goes to their account

Don't use this as a yardstick to jump into the business yet grin

In Garages, you'll register. You'll pay for union, you'll pay for the park and maybe other levies anytime you load. You'll give driver his money (Lag to Abuja gives their driver about 26k to 29k for fuel and others). If you subtract this from the gross, you'll find out that it's not as juicy as the known names

Another thing is number of trips. Sometimes, it may take up to 12pm before you start your first trip. Think about when you'll reach, and join the queue again. That's why I and suco01 are insisting that's it's very hard to go to and fro

Interstate is juicy, but we should not have that mindset as starters. If you have a brand, it becomes a gold mine. But if you just wan start, you need to swallow a lot of bones grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:57pm On May 06, 2020
davit:
It is hard bro but not impossible. Road dry no be small thing. I had to go some routes that I won't go on a good day.

Thanks for d update. Don't just want to b blowing fuel up and down wt nothing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 1:01pm On May 06, 2020
mistadayo:
No wonder
You didn't say anything !
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 1:02pm On May 06, 2020
chillex8:

Not yet.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mayor555(m): 1:09pm On May 06, 2020
izzou:
Mayor555

Lol
I didn't say you're lying oh. I totally understand you, and I won't argue, because na learn I dey learn too grin

If you want to research on Interstate transport, don't use companies that have names. You'll be carried away by the profits they make, forgetting that it's their name or brand that's contributing heavily to that

A GIG bus going to Benin can go and come back the same day effortlessly, because his customers are always there. He is not competing for passengers with any other bus. He owns his park(they call it pit), and he owns his staff. When they collect their money, all they give the driver is fuel, road expenses, and daily allowance. The rest goes to their account

Don't use this as a yardstick to jump into the business yet grin

In Garages, you'll register. You'll pay for union, you'll pay for the park and maybe other levies anytime you load. You'll give driver his money (Lag to Abuja gives their driver about 26k to 29k for fuel and others). If you subtract this from the gross, you'll find out that it's not as juicy as the known names

Another thing is number of trips. Sometimes, it may take up to 12pm before you start your first trip. Think about when you'll reach, and join the queue again. That's why I and suco01 are insisting that's it's very hard to go to and fro

Interstate is juicy, but we should not have that mindset as starters. If you have a brand, it becomes a gold mine. But if you just wan start, you need to swallow a lot of bones grin

You're very right.
I'm actually talking about partnering with those that have names already.

As for garages, one can be registered in more than one garage, up-to three/four garages, how you see that one too? Might be in different cities close to each other... Turns can keep coming.... When it clashes, you assign a friend.... How you see am?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:18pm On May 06, 2020
Mayor555:

You're very right.
I'm actually talking about partnering with those that have names already.

As for garages, one can be registered in more than one garage, up-to three/four garages, how you see that one too? Might be in different cities close to each other... Turns can keep coming.... When it clashes, you assign a friend.... How you see am?

Of course it's possible

That's why when you want to choose a driver, choose one that has experience, not just in handling cars, but in the business too. It's only an experienced driver that will know authorities in garages, know how to meet up with trips even when he arrives late, or is behind in the queue. A driver's experience is very vital in this option. I know a particular guy that picks drivers with 7 years and above experience to drive his Siennas

As for partnering with known brands, It's a safe way to play. But it's cost intensive from the start. Some of them have specific requirements for their vehicles. I think GIG requires brand new or a specific model upwards. ABC transport don't accept Siennas, only 14 seaters and 54 seaters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:36pm On May 06, 2020
Eizenburg:

Hello, why is Blessing calling Chillex, is the shop now open?

Nah, goods that arrived since lockdown that were stuck at airport
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 06, 2020
Tested the waters today...Believe it's not worth it at all.. even if na u get the car, maybe just change to hold body sha....it's worse than winter out there..

Except you wan go local.

Heading back home with little headache self

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 2:55pm On May 06, 2020
Mayor555:
Carshopper
Bigleaf1006
Suco01
Izzou

Sorry sirs, I came late to the party.
Well I'm in Ado Ekiti, I interviewed the corporate body I intend to partner with. They've got their park here in Ado Ekiti, but they do stop at ojota wema park(the park's frontage is blocked now due to ongoing construction; there's one MRS filling station on the other side of the road- hope you know the park now.) It was a surface study, but I joined one of their siennas to Lagos, and on getting to the park I described, after we highlighted, he started loading and even moved before I left the park(waited for an engine from Ladipo to send home and the wait was roughly 50mins to 1hr). I didn't ask why it was so, like I said it was a surface study.

But as at that time(last year), loading from Ado Ekiti every morning is very achievable, especially for a sienna bus.

Suco01, you need not say I'm lieing, I'm saying what I've seen, you can just correct me and set me straight. Why should I come here and lie?

Still gan sef, I might still be wrong, maybe I should go back and ask deep questions. Well at the time, it seems their buses are not enough and they're quite popular.

Please set me straight if need be. So I/we can all learn.

For emphasis sake, they're corporate body.

I am sorry if you feel I said you lied. I didn't paint it that way only saying its not as easy as u said but from what you said now that sienna is either a chairman own or a prominent leader in the park, they don't queue to take turn at all. What izzou said is the best way, partner with a company that already have their names and customers. But all those drunk garage Union leaders most of them care less unless you put the sienna under their care and monitor it closely. once again I am sorry if you feel bad on how I quote you earlier.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 2:57pm On May 06, 2020
izzou:

Of course it's possible

That's why when you want to choose a driver, choose one that has experience, not just in handling cars, but in the business too. It's only an experienced driver that will know authorities in garages, know how to meet up with trips even when he arrives late, or is behind in the queue. A driver's experience is very vital in this option. I know a particular guy that picks drivers with 7 years and above experience to drive his Siennas

As for partnering with known brands, It's a safe way to play. But it's cost intensive from the start. Some of them have specific requirements for their vehicles. I think GIG requires brand new or a specific model upwards. ABC transport don't accept Siennas, only 14 seaters and 54 seaters.

You nailed it. God bless you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:23pm On May 06, 2020
Vision2045:
Tested the waters today...Believe it's not worth it at all.. even if na u get the car, maybe just change to hold body sha....it's worse than winter out there..

Except you wan go local.

Heading back home with little headache self

Thanks for this infos, better days ahead bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 3:29pm On May 06, 2020
radautoworks:

Nah, goods that arrived since lockdown that were stuck at airport
Gracias
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mayor555(m): 3:48pm On May 06, 2020
suco01:

I am sorry if you feel I said you lied. I didn't paint it that way only saying its not as easy as u said but from what you said now that sienna is either a chairman own or a prominent leader in the park, they don't queue to take turn at all. What izzou said is the best way, partner with a company that already have their names and customers. But all those drunk garage Union leaders most of them care less unless you put the sienna under their care and monitor it closely. once again I am sorry if you feel bad on how I quote you earlier.

All good sir, I've added another knowledge. God bless

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by a4cube: 4:10pm On May 06, 2020
izzou:

I have enquired with GIG, they require partners to start with 3 cars(Siena, Hummer Bus or any one they accept). That is like start with 6-7 million naira. Pls how much do you think they will return every week with 3 Siena?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 4:23pm On May 06, 2020
izzou:

Of course it's possible

Better oyel dey yah head!! The reason many have failed in transportation is that many of us only see the small picture of returns without seeing the bigger picture of what will and must go into it.

A lot goes in my broda, you have to have multiple personalities to run transport in naija. Gentle man,agbero,tout,mumu,good family man even lover boy grin

Some were already arguing about the 30k offer, it's easier to make more if u are ready to work your arse up and manage urself or even drive urself but if it's been managed for you,u should not expect as much.

Sometimes you might even need to blow the vehicle back to Lagos without full passengers or any at all just to pick up a booked charter.

The advantage for us is we don't tie a vehicle or driver down to one route. If a driver arrived Benin and it's not certain he will return to Lagos the following day, I will transmit him to Asaba or Warri and he can cone back same day to take his turn in Benin.

We usually don't go to PH or the east but if I have anyone going that way,I pick and transload you at Warri or ughelli if PH or Bayelsa and head bridge or upper iweka if east or Calabar or uyo.

If you are someone who is calculative as I learnt from e hailing,you will make it in interstate transportation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 4:27pm On May 06, 2020
a4cube:
I have enquired with GIG, they require partners to start with 3 cars(Siena, Hummer Bus or any one they accept). That is like start with 6-7 million naira. Pls how much do you think they will return every week with 3 Siena?

Since you enquired,they should have told you and they take the venza sienna only not the 04- 10 model.

That's about 5M for 1.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 4:32pm On May 06, 2020
Mayor555:

All good sir, I've added another knowledge. God bless
same here sir. you're welcome sir.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 4:45pm On May 06, 2020
Ikeja should be on total lockdown,that place is terrible with the mad traffic all over that place.

Everywhere is jam-packed angry angry angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by a4cube: 4:58pm On May 06, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Since you enquired,they should have told you and they take the venza sienna only not the 04- 10 model.

That's about 5M for 1.
My enquiry was from their website, I filled the contact form but no one contacted me back. While researching for the biz model I found this on punch https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/gigm-unveils-enterprise-partner-model/%3famp=1.

Maybe I will send my manager to their Ajah office when things get to near normal.

I have also enquired from Plenty Waka, they give 100k every month for sienna. All bill on them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 5:15pm On May 06, 2020
a4cube:
My enquiry was from their website, I filled the contact form but no one contacted me back. While researching for the biz model I found this on punch https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/gigm-unveils-enterprise-partner-model/%3famp=1.

Maybe I will send my manager to their Ajah office when things get to near normal.

I have also enquired from Plenty Waka, they give 100k every month for sienna. All bill on them.

That's 25k a week for a sienna, plentywaka has got 14 seaters too.

GIG is actually divesting heavily into logistics now,they are having a shift in focus, their transport branch hasn't been doing too well since late last year.

I actually get a lot of business from them for their Benin route.They usually have spill over passengers that they require us to move for them,also they haven't invested in new vehicles lately.

The brother owns ecobus and they are not doing badly, maybe he doesn't want to be in direct competition with his brother.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2020
a4cube:

I/We once did some enquiries from a transport company. Although it's not GIG, but I can definitely tell you some of the conditions on their contract

- Their commission would be 30%
- The whole responsibilities would fall on you. From repairs, to driver's salary, all would be on you.

So just calculate the amount on a 14 seater to Abuja.
Maybe #9000 * 14 = #126,000

Subtract fuelling and road expenses (maybe 30k)
Then remove their 30%.

At least you should make almost 50k on any Hiace bus that leaves Lag to Abj.

As for Sienna, I don't think they accept the 04 05 ones oh. Try and find out

But if you really want to invest in it, just start your own company. Yes, it may be rough at First, but with time, you'll break forth grin
Some people buy like 3 siennas, write their name on top (a4cube motors grin).

What they do next is that they rent a park(like renting a space). So people will know there as your park. That's still another strategy to organize it too... So with this format, they wont have issues with all those union and agbero levies grin

This is an example of a park that they rent somewhere in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2020
northbird:
Bosses , @ jaydee , babadee, davit, n others who have hit the road n shared experiences.

Abeg don't mind me asking o.

I need actual figures, since Mon. From ur experience. Can one net 5k say close of work 6pm.

Reason I'm asking: Car is washed , mesef go freshen up. Uber app on for about an hour now . I sit down for house dey look d phone , d phone dey look me., no turu rurum.....

Not audio earnings ooh . Abeg.

NET in this parlance : after Removing FUEL and BOLT Comm.

Awaiting your feedback. Thanks.

Monday Earning (Net): 11260 - 4000fuel= 7260
Tuesday Earning: Bleep
Wednesday Earning: 9200 - 3500 = 5700

It is possible to net 5k at least on the Island. The request today was back to back from 8am, I didn’t wait 15minutes before the next request comes in. As 3pm I was already closed for the day.

I even had to decline some request e.g Chevron Drive to Ikorodu, Addo road to Ikorodu, VGC to Surulere. Then there was another guy who refused to use his nose mask and was disturbing me to use AC. I picked him with his babe from Seaside Badore, going to Ikota, I ended the trip at Addo round about, collected my 500 and told him to book another ride.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 5:53pm On May 06, 2020
Babadee1900:

It is possible to net 5k at least on the Island. The request today was back to back from 8am, I didn’t wait 15minutes before the next request comes in. As 3pm I was already closed for the day.

I even had to decline some request e.g Chevron Drive to Ikorodu, Addo road to Ikorodu, VGC to Surulere. Then there was another guy who refused to use his nose mask and was disturbing me to use AC. I picked him with his babe from Seaside Badore, going to Ikota, I ended the trip at Addo round about, collected my 500 and told him to book another ride.

I have grossed about 7k each day since Monday with 2k fuel for each day, though I have been on the mainland all through.

But from my observation,I think things are on the up swing as traffic is really building up . The alternate market days for food stuffs and non essentials also determines the flow.

Today there were a lot more request than the previous days,I even had to decline several due to the mad traffic in Ikeja.

Will still observe till next week.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:55pm On May 06, 2020
Babadee1900:

Good one babadee.

succinct... Straight to the point. No bullshit.

Thanks Boss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:56pm On May 06, 2020
northbird:

Good one babadee.

succinct... Straight to the point. No bullshit.

Thanks Boss.
You are welcome sir.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:58pm On May 06, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

I have grossed about 7k each day since Monday with 2k fuel for each day, though I have been on the mainland all through.

But from my observation,I think things are on the up swing as traffic is really building up . The alternate market days for food stuffs and non essentials also determines the flow.

Today there were a lot more request than the previous days,I even had to decline several due to the mad traffic in Ikeja.

Thanks Bigleaf. @ least we know the market is edging up.

A big thank you for updates.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:03pm On May 06, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Yea, you are right about the traffic already building up. Let’s see how things turn out between now and next week.

I try to avoid the mainland as much as possible. On Monday, I wasted time and fuel inside Eric Moore/Bode Thomas traffic. It was supposed to be a Chevron to Bode Thomas then Yaba trip and we left Chevron past 4, 6pm I was still stuck inside traffic at Bode Thomas. I sharply told my rider that I’m no longer going to Yaba because if I should try it curfew times will meet me on the road and I still have to get to Ajah. I managed to hit Eko bridge at 6:40pm. Naso I fire down, I barely escaped it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 6:06pm On May 06, 2020
@Babadee1900.
You no comot huba/bolt commission

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 6:07pm On May 06, 2020
northbird:

Thanks Bigleaf. @ least we know the market is edging up.

A big thank you for updates.

Also on the mainland,it might be quite difficult to move around without air-conditioning cos of the mad traffic,heat and dust.

I basically insist on face mask and seating at the back. I have to use AC most of the time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) (2677) ... (5683) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.