Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726117 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2686) (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:41am On May 14, 2020
Will continue later. Request don come [/quote]

Come back and finish the story if you no want problem... grabs popcorn.

P.S. after the concluding part, delete this story cos you know the "feds" might be watching this thread.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:45am On May 14, 2020
Babadee1900:
Boss come back to the hustle when the lockdown eases of finally. At this present time those of driving are just doing it to keep body and soul together and to also have something to fall back to should SanwoEko decide to issue another lockdown come next week.

Since you own your car and have a place to stay in Lagos, why not! Come drive to earn some money baba.

As for that guy with $270k deal. The gist is that he is the client owner, he stays with his friend inside my estate. Out of the 270k, they have successfully collected $150k using his friends mailing address. The night before he requested my ride, the woman was to send 20k via cash mailing to his friend address but he told his client to send 17k and send the remain 3k to his Blockchain wallet. Na wetin cause wahala be that.

Shebi if I knew that’s what’s up I for decline the request. It wasn’t until he entered the car and he said bro pls drive fast and lock the doors don’t stop for anybody that’s when I knew trouble is imminent.

I was still driving within the estate, even stopped to collect face mask from my security guy when I saw one rx330 from the mirror driving with mad speed towards me. I told my rider and he said that’s his friend that he must not overtake me and I should do everything possible to drive him to the nearest police station because he knows what that guy his capable of.

I come reason am say, EOD/RX330 on LekkiEpe Exp how possible for this guy not to overtake me and the nearest police station that I can think of is the one before Ajah bridge coming from Sangotedo.

My only chance is blocking is his path so he won’t be able to overtake me, I don’t know that money can make someone so desperate like the guy behind the RX wheel. He closed up to me and hit me hard from behind (Right side) causing me to lose control of the car for a split second as my car was going to do a 180 turn anti-clockwise due to the hit, I quickly regained control of the car but the nigga don over take me.

Will continue later. Request don come

Abeg bro my doctor just tell me say the only medicine for my sickness now, na make you finish the story abeg finish am make water no enter wrong place
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:48am On May 14, 2020
davit:
Honestly, only OFFLINE trips make sense now o.
Yes o. The girl I just dropped now from Ogidan/Value County to freedom way don book me for offline afternoon return trip. Good thing is that’s my closing hour and residential area.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:50am On May 14, 2020
mrjaydee:

P.S. after the concluding part, delete this story cos you know the "feds" might be watching this thread.

True say . I read it somewhere that Invictus Obi was trailed from a story on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:33am On May 14, 2020
knytred:
I think Uber is charging slightly above 25%

Nope. Add the wait time to the fare and do the calculations.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 11:13am On May 14, 2020
you right ...thanks

kodred:

Nope. Add the wait time to the fare and do the calculations.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:16pm On May 14, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

$270,000 Damn!
The annoying thing is, if he recoup that doe, half of it might be spent at Quilox to prove supremacy.
Baba, it seem the hustle is picking up.
Would you advise someone who left Lagos to ijebu since March 28 to come back and pick up where he left off ?
My work is done at the plantain farm already and I miss the city hustle.

This sounds like muyiwaadekunle1, the man with 'evil' Ford as he called it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2020
peeps4u:

This sounds like muyiwaadekunle1, the man with 'evil' Ford as he called it.

No sir .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:23pm On May 14, 2020
mrjaydee:

And you also edit that quote and remove the story bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:27pm On May 14, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Yes .Ma mehn!
Long time my bro ,how are you and your family ?

Oh bro. We are Fine. We asked about You here and Tojahh told us you were doing fine.

Good to hear from you again and that your disappeance for a while was for good.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megir: 2:32pm On May 14, 2020
good afternoon guys, Please how do I get to registered for Ocar? Their office, requirements and procedure. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2020
I have completed it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:01pm On May 14, 2020
Babadee1900:
I have completed it

Boas If nah joke make u stop em, I go buy fuel, on Gen so my phone won't go off, because of dis matter. I'm a family man with 6 kids, no carry me play o

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:40pm On May 14, 2020
Babadee1900:
I have completed it

Hope you know the guy in the RX may have noted your plates? He could assume you as an accomplice

This was done risky shiit you pulled. Be safe out there biko

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:02pm On May 14, 2020
izzou:

Hope you know the guy in the RX may have noted your plates? He could assume you as an accomplice

This was done risky shiit you pulled. Be safe out there biko

Yeah I thought about it too. In fact since yesterday I’ve been looking around for any RX with his color type.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2020
pope191:

Boas If nah joke make u stop em, I go buy fuel, on Gen so my phone won't go off, because of dis matter. I'm a family man with 6 kids, no carry me play o
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:07pm On May 14, 2020
Babadee1900:
Yeah I thought about it too. In fact since yesterday I’ve been looking around for any RX with his color type.

In my opinion, you should have cancelled the trip immediately you noticed something was wrong.

The RX guy will most likely think you're with the other guy, not knowing you're just the Uber guy.

But then, what had been done, cannot be undone grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2020
izzou:

In my opinion, you should have cancelled the trip immediately you noticed something was wrong.

The RX guy will most likely think you're with the other guy, not knowing you're just the Uber guy.

But then, what had been done, cannot be undone grin

I did not know he would follow us. The rider just entered the car and said pls drive fast and don’t stop for anybody. Initially I thought it was the usual yahoo boy line. Most of them are always livid when they are not in the comfort of their house.

Yes o it can’t be undone grin
We Move
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:58pm On May 14, 2020
How many of us have gone for covid-19 testing?

Gather here.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 5:51pm On May 14, 2020
chillex8:

Gather here.

I ve done mine
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:54pm On May 14, 2020
grin
Babadee1900:
Brother Na offline I they take cash out small small o. Yesterday I played getaway driver for one yahoo boy that was fighting his friend over 270k USD grin around 6am. After that one Alhaja booked for the whole day and paid me well.

That get away scene sweet me sha grin

RX330 vs EOD no be small thing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:58pm On May 14, 2020
Babadee1900:
I did not know he would follow us. The rider just entered the car and said pls drive fast and don’t stop for anybody. Initially I thought it was the usual yahoo boy line. Most of them are always livid when they are not in the comfort of their house.

Yes o it can’t be undone grin
We Move

Screenshot the thread before you delete
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:12pm On May 14, 2020
radautoworks:

Screenshot the thread before you delete
Okay. Will do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 6:12pm On May 14, 2020
chillex8:

Gather here.

Actually tested positive..came bk from Onikan Isolation Center 2days ago..not a funny experience
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 6:24pm On May 14, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:53pm On May 14, 2020
SaintHilary:

Actually tested positive..came bk from Onikan Isolation Center 2days ago..not a funny experience

You're asymptomatic though?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 7:19pm On May 14, 2020
Chai. Uber don suffer. 3,500 people are now jobless.

Please let God not allow any of us pay a penance the wrong works that was not of our own hands.

I hope this doesn’t affect us in any way but it’s only if wishes were horses sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistamexzy(m): 7:24pm On May 14, 2020
davit:
What you shared is not an ongoing trip. You can still check the current price only when you have started the trip.

That's an ongoing trip. Confirm before you comment.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistamexzy(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2020
knytred:
Owerri ? How is Uber and bolt life there ?? Owerri isn’t really that big ...long distance trips will be from city to some one house in the village , I’m from imo so I’m just wondering how it will be like driving over there

Owerri isn't too profitable as other areas,

A lot of unqualified drivers, Distance issues, GPS location Issues, Payment reconciliation issues.

Just to name a few.

It took 6 days for my payment to be reconciled.

6 whole DAYS.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 7:57pm On May 14, 2020
Funny experience today.

Went out on a personal runs today (Uber-ing on hold til further notice). Was in a bit of traffic with lastma people around. One of them jumped in front of my car and snapped a picture, I smiled. I never drive with incomplete papers and I adhere to traffic laws as much as I can because I don’t give these thieves in uniform a dime.

He say make I park, I park, rolled down a bit and asked him what the problem was. Guy said I no use face mask. I asked him why I need one, driving alone in my car with my AC on? Nigger said it’s the law. I showed him my mask and sanitizer; explained to him that I’m keeping safe and that I always wear it when I leave the car.

After causing plenty traffic with my refusal to open my door or come down, the next thing I knew, tow truck magically reach my front, before I could react, car was clamped and towed to their office.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:08pm On May 14, 2020
Eizenburg:
Funny experience today.

So what later happened??

I don't use my mask when driving alone or with family members. No police or lastma stopped me to ask me all through the times it happened.

Some officers are just overzealous. They need money.

So how did you settle it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2020
Eizenburg:
Funny experience today.

Went out on a personal runs today (Uber-ing on hold til further notice). Was in a bit of traffic with lastma people around. One of them jumped in front of my car and snapped a picture, I smiled. I never drive with incomplete papers and I adhere to traffic laws as much as I can because I don’t give these thieves in uniform a dime.

He say make I park, I park, rolled down a bit and asked him what the problem was. Guy said I no use face mask. I asked him why I need one, driving alone in my car with my AC on? Nigger said it’s the law. I showed him my mask and sanitizer; explained to him that I’m keeping safe and that I always wear it when I leave the car.

After causing plenty traffic with my refusal to open my door or come down, the next thing I knew, tow truck magically reach my front, before I could react, car was clamped and towed to their office.

Pls finish this story abeg.

Why all of Una dey give us half gist since morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (2686) (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.