Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,389 members, 7,800,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4711073 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) ... (5682) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
successhungry:
Hi,guys! Please, if one has a toks car and wants to use it for uber;how does one go about it? The owner is looking for a driver. Kindly,advise. Thanks

Are you the owner? If yes,

Keep the car for now... Don't be tempted, your car will take a beating for nothing.

Most drivers are just treading on water for the past few weeks.

The returns now won't b at par esp if its a corrolla.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Can you share with us what they said? Screenshot if possible.
ekehopp:
Bolt and Uber have both responded to my DM on Twitter. I asked them about resumption and onboarding of new drivers, as the world reopens after pandemic induced lockdown.

And based on their response I've decided to take my mind off Uber/Bolt till July. At least I've done my bit with full registration. Just for them to do thiers (training and activation/onboarding).

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by successhungry: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
northbird:

Are you the owner? If yes,
The returns now won't b at par esp if its a corrolla.
Thanks alot.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by successhungry: 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
Dbossmanager:

Tell the owner to stay away from ehailing..atleast for now....if not....it will end in premium tears....
My 2 million naira advice...
Thanks a bunch smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ok see attached

davit:
Can you share with us what they said? Screenshot if possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnaduTHENsw

"����������
When next you hear people saying idiotic stuff like COVID-19 is a hoax or that the government is lying, show them this video. It was taken at the Yaba isolation center yesterday. 4 bodies being taken away in body bags.
Truth is people are dying. Daily cases are on the rise. Regardless of whatever relaxation the government announces, ensure you take very extreme caution if you must go out. It is better to err on the side of caution. The hospitals are stressed. Many of them are turning back patients who show symptoms of COVID-19. Only God can help us but you must do your own part too."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
ndubuis:

Looks like Uber have forgotten their rules. Just rated this fool 1star on Uber after I rejected her request for me to wait for her and take her back. A very rude bastard. Already on the express, another request came my way, didn't think twice about picking it, I was shocked it was the same girl I just dropped off. I didn't want to cancel because I have not been driving for some time, asked her to cancel and was met with serious insults plus death threats. Drove back to where I dropped her, thinking I'd still meet her there but she was no where to be found.

I go dey carry koboko for my car from this day forward. Koboko to flog stupid riders. Pepper spray for touts and Lastma. I really do not care if I get removed from the app. If you act any how because you are going to pay me peanut, you will be met with serious fire and fury. Fxxk that crazy talk about rider being king.
I actually thought I've seen it all only for me to experience the height of them all just few minutes back.

After buying and changing two tyers at ladipo, I got this request going to ketu.

I put a call through immidiately I entered the PU area. Rider said he was off the street but walking down to my location so I should drive down to No8 on thw street. Made a turn and parked in a safe place waiting.
After like 2min rider was no where to be found, I called again but this time he said I'd past him so I should come back a little, I was like but you said you're already coming why not just walk down and meet me up because this street is so narrow with double parking on it but rider said he was carrying a pot of soup along.
Me: a pot of soup?!! Sorry I'm not going.
R: ok, cancel.
I cancelled with the option of I don't wish to serve this rider.
Immediately after his request came in again, I've to accept with the vail of wait for 5min before cancelling but he cancelled. This happened like twice. The 3rd one I did likewise and while waiting for the 5min to cancel I saw a littlw boy within the age of 16-18 years.

R: with a rude voice, why do you keep accepting my request when you already said you're not going, can you cancel the trip.
Me: still trying to think of what to saynto the little boy due to its smallishness and rudeness and I that could entered my mind to tell h8m while he was still ranting at yhe top of his voice was "I'll cancel when I'm ok to do". It was like that was a bomb on his ears
R: are you fucking kidding me I said cancel.... He was still shouting and insulting.
I just looked at him and then started my car engine turned on the AC and rolled up.

This time it was like I fueled the whole thing. Boy started to hit my side glass, like he knew it will break he then started to hit the door and aide mirrow to an extend that the croom guilding the glass pulled of... At this time people around that knows him started coming n calling him.

One Bros he explained to walked to me to ask what happened but I just kept quiet didn't say a word for like 5min.

To cut it shot, everybody on the street gathered begging me and almost beat him up na me com dey beg for am las las.

One elderly Bros said, baba any action I want to take I should let them know they will support me.

I then said, "the society we live produce the kind of people in it, if an arm rubber comes out of the society part from it being a personal choice it's also a function of the society because some persons in the society support and encouraged that child when he started stealing before growing up to became an highway rubber, in a nut shell, you all didn't support him so that's enough".

I arranged the little damage he caused, thanked all of them while they all both old, age mate and young thanked me, entered my car, took a deep breath, drank the remaining bottle water left in my water bottle and off I went.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sofdoc1: 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
omorkelly:
Oh you are roo far from me, at ikorodu.

Kindly message me on my signature with your terms, I am also resident in Ikorodu.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
@Felicity

UNENDING DRAMA for this huber hustle.
Abeg you get the contact of the person you bought tires from ? I want to visit there this Saturday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Felicity0001:

I actually thought I've seen it all only for me to experience the height of them all just few minutes back.

After buying and changing two tyers at ladipo, I got this request going to ketu.

I put a call through immidiately I entered the PU area. Rider said he was off the street but walking down to my location so I should drive down to No8 on thw street. Made a turn and parked in a safe place waiting.
After like 2min rider was no where to be found, I called again but this time he said I'd past him so I should come back a little, I was like but you said you're already coming why not just walk down and meet me up because this street is so narrow with double parking on it but rider said he was carrying a pot of soup along.
Immediately after his request came in again, I've to accept with the vail of wait for 5min before cancelling but he cancelled. This happened like twice. The 3rd one I did likewise and while waiting for the 5min to cancel I saw a littlw boy within the age of 16-18 years.

R: with a rude voice, why do you keep accepting my request when you already said you're not going, can you cancel the trip.
Me: still trying to think of what to saynto the little boy due to its smallishness and rudeness and I that could entered my mind to tell h8m while he was still ranting at yhe top of his voice was "I'll cancel when I'm ok to do". It was like that was a bomb on his ears
R: are you fucking kidding me I said cancel.... He was still shouting and insulting.
I just looked at him and then started my car engine turned on the AC and rolled up.

This time it was like I fueled the whole thing. Boy started to hit my side glass, like he knew it will break he then started to hit the door and aide mirrow to an extend that the croom guilding the glass pulled of... At this time people around that knows him started coming n calling him.

One Bros he explained to walked to me to ask what happened but I just kept quiet didn't say a word for like 5min.

To cut it shot, everybody on the street gathered begging me and almost beat him up na me com dey beg for am las las.

One elderly Bros said, baba any action I want to take I should let them know they will support me.

I then said, "the society we live produce the kind of people in it, if an arm rubber comes out of the society part from it being a personal choice it's also a function of the society because some persons in the society support and encouraged that child when he started stealing before growing up to became an highway rubber, in a nut shell, you all didn't support him so that's enough".

I arranged the little damage he caused, thanked all of them while they all both old, age mate and young thanked me, entered my car, took a deep breath, drank the remaining bottle water left in my water bottle and off I went.

Considering your perspective on riders....I com dey doubt Ur narrated reaction.....#jokes

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
Felicity0001:

Sorry about your experience bro. Imagine small boy behaving like this! hmm i weep for these generation.

Lack of respect very rude set of people.

Naso that little useless girl of yesterday insulting me cos i asked her to wear facemask. Trip wey no reach 800naira.

She wan make i spend 5k+ for police and lastma
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
Felicity0001:

Wow! I don't know what I would have done to that boy. The unruly behavior is just too much. You encounter five riders a day, three will act like they have just been released from the pit of hell. Nigerians are just ill mannered. That awkward temptation to use someone as a sacrificial lamb one day never ceases. Maybe, when I'm fully ready to hang my booths in this hustle. Your patience is commendable here though.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lastma guys are out to frustrate drivers this time around. No joke!

There’s this road off Ahmadu Bello way in VI that leads directly to Edo Liason office, it’s one of the regular spot you can park as a driver. I was there this afternoon but very close to the major Ahmadu Bello way that leads to Eko hotel.

I have not even spent upto 10 minutes there when one tout walked up to me and said ‘Alaye, O ri nkan ton shele abi ? ( Guy, can’t you see what’s happening?)

A quick glance through the side mirror, I saw lastma guys and their towing van behind me, they already blocked other drivers at my back.

The speed I used to start the car and zoom off from that place is legendary. I didn’t stop till I got to Lekki grin

Make una they careful o.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kinggenesis(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Babadee1900:

There’s this road off Ahmadu Bello way in VI that leads directly to Edo Liason office, it’s one of the regular spot you can park as a driver. I was there this afternoon but very close to the major Ahmadu Bello way that leads to Eko hotel.

I have not even spent upto 10 minutes there when one tout walked up to me and said ‘Alaye, O ri nkan ton shele abi ? ( Guy, can’t you see what’s happening?)

A quick glance through the side mirror, I saw lastma guys and their towing van behind me, they already blocked other drivers at my back.

The speed I used to start the car and zoom off from that place is legendary. I didn’t stop till I got to Lekki grin

Make una they careful o.
You owe that Egbon a cold bottle of whatever he takes. grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
kodred:

That’s EGO right there speaking. Now I’m not advocating for bad riders or something but sometimes you all just have to act like STONE. See nothing, hear nothing, absorb nothing.

You wan whip person lol you never jam craze be that. Guy just take deep breaths and you’d be fine.

You don breathe finish? Now carefully think about this....’if I get yanked off the app, who loses?’, ‘If I pepper spray touts/lastma and them catch me, who go lose?’

Be easy bro, focus on the mulla and ignore the uncouth sons/daughters of bitche.s.

My advice: When leaving the house, drop your your ego, sentiment(s), religious belief, political view and just be a STONE.

Bro, it has nothing to do with ego. No one with ego does this business in the first place, let alone doing over 1500 trips. I have met the good, the bad and the ugly. At the end of the day, we are all humans and can't keep eating shit because of money or to avoid being judged.

We also have a duty to change our community the best way we can. Sometimes, force may be the only option left. If we just sit there and keep watching our fellow humans behave like animals and mistreat us, then our reason for existence becomes irrelevant by our inaction.

It doesn't make sense to keep serving a community that abuses you. You have to make an effort to keep it in check, the smallest of effort may go a long way. Using a whip on an adult may not be the best, it's on the extreme, but don't sit there and watch yourself being bashed just because you only have money on your mind.

As for pepper spray, it's my first line of defense and everyone should have it. You just have to know where and when to use it. If you arrest me unjustly and I see that my path is clear, I'll pepper spray you, push you out of my car and make a run for it. Lagos is not where you allow every Tom, Dick and Harry to ram you up and down.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
kinggenesis:
You owe that Egbon a cold bottle of whatever he takes. grin
Indeed! grin I didn’t even wait to say thank you. God bless him wherever he is.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
Vision2045:

Considering your perspective on riders....I com dey doubt Ur narrated reaction.....#jokes
Brother man honestly if you ask me what came over me I myself can't explain how cool I handled the situation.

This lockdown I'll say has really shapened me and I begin to see life differently especially since after I recovered from the ast threatment of fever.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
radautoworks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnaduTHENsw

"����������
When next you hear people saying idiotic stuff like COVID-19 is a hoax or that the government is lying, show them this video. It was taken at the Yaba isolation center yesterday. 4 bodies being taken away in body bags.
Truth is people are dying. Daily cases are on the rise. Regardless of whatever relaxation the government announces, ensure you take very extreme caution if you must go out. It is better to err on the side of caution. The hospitals are stressed. Many of them are turning back patients who show symptoms of COVID-19. Only God can help us but you must do your own part too."
video is scripted acting for propaganda and fear-mongering. Coro remains a hoax

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bebe2(f): 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
I am seriously thinking of getting a car and giving it to a driver to use for Uber. I have a maximum of N1,5m to spent

few questions- is this still a profitable venture?
what type of car should I buy?
how long does the registration process take?

should I buy a car in Nigeria or try to ship one in from Europe?
all contributions appreciated.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
The next time someone tells me they won't use manufacturer recommended oil because Nigeria is too hot ehn.. Na so I enter Moto today. What is this

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
bebe2:
I am seriously thinking of getting a car and giving it to a driver to use for Uber. I have a maximum of N1,5m to spent

NO. Don’t waste your money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
kodred:

You see, you have to change your perspective. You have to stop being emotional in business.

Ask yourself why bolt or uber don’t yank low rated riders off the platform. It’s not about them not caring about us (well not entirely), it’s about the money bro. They have come to realize that they’d be the ones to lose if they keep yanking riders off. The competition is stiff and they can’t be forming now because all it takes for a rider is to just register a new account.

Ask yourself this question again...why does bolt pardon me and allow me on their app even when my ratings dropped beyond their acceptable ratings? Yea, you got that right, to keep the money coming. They control the system here that enables you network and make money at your ‘free’ time. They can’t run out of drivers as long as they have riders (bolt comes to mind).

The value you speak of can and is being delivered by a million and one people so brotherly the power has shifted from your hand. In fact the highest thing a driver can do is ‘I’m not going on this trip’, and the riders will get another that will go.

The drivers are independent individuals that hold no commitment towards one particular company. They move to where is convenient for them so why should the app companies care that much when drivers don’t really care about them?

Do you now see why riders are very important? They are the market and we all are just traders in the market trading skill for money.
Brother man your points are quite impressive and obvious which I agree to but the point in trying to make is the bolt system is encouraging and breeding bad people in the society by not doing the some things right. Placing more value on a particular set on the market isn't a good thing in an ehailing business because someday that thing you believe you're aiming to get may just end up spilling right in your face.

Ok, did I share with you guys a story of how a rider I carried on a trip to the island receieved a call from his relative who was in kirikiri maximum prison for killing a taxify driver and snatching his car? He perpetrated this evil act uaing his belt strangingling the driver while seating at the back seat. We have also heard cases of drivers raping female riders. Pleaae don't see my next statement as a way to justify evil acts or deed but who knows if maybe one or two drivers or rider must have offended theze kinds of human being in the society so they feel they want to take revenge?

So what I'm saying or trying to say is all of this is a function of what the society( the app coy) permit, nurtured and breeded.

Bad attitudes of bolt riders is a function of their core value, mode of operation and these is the reason all the vices we hear relating to ehailing is always traced down to taxify.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
pope191:

Like I said "I believe", I didn't say "I know or its absolute", programming may not necessarily m?affect everyone automatically at once, it all depend on the database ur data falls. Let's leave this as its just a beer parlour talk and we r both not crystal clear how they do their thing, but one thing we should agree on, is about them having a standard and we should know their standard as a driver. I don't knrow what being smart mean, to me that sound insultive, but I'll let it slide.

About being guilty and allowing riders with low rating. This is business and the riders seem to b d one holding the life of this business, not the driver nor bolt, they can switch with less discomfort, but it won't b that easy for bolt and drivers to do d same, so what's d essence of blocking riders hastily or is bolt ready to open cc for riders, where they can meet one on one to sought out things, do they even train riders in the first place? Think about that. So for guilty, I don't know what u r hitting at, I work with discretion, I'm sure you don't expect me to go for all trips or do you? Have you even been caught in situation where you have to cancel like 8 trips at interval, because you want to go offline or set destination trip, but the demand is too much and both won't let u do what u want to do?

Fact is bolt is just one crazy app both riders and drivers enjoy using, maybe cos of it substandard and like Charly boy show "Anything can happen".
No offence intended nor meant please.

We're only trying to rub minds but if you feel offended by my words please I apologise

One love bro!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
bebe2:

The Business is not smiling in this Covid-19 season, kindly keep ya money till the pandemic is over. Or could do other less stressful businesses
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Pepper spray geng. That's my guy! grin
ndubuis:

Bro, it has nothing to do with ego. No one with ego does this business in the first place, let alone doing over 1500 trips. I have met the good, the bad and the ugly. At the end of the day, we are all humans and can't keep eating shit because of money or to avoid being judged.

We also have a duty to change our community the best way we can. Sometimes, force may be the only option left. If we just sit there and keep watching our fellow humans behave like animals and mistreat us, then our reason for existence becomes irrelevant by our inaction.

It doesn't make sense to keep serving a community that abuses you. You have to make an effort to keep it in check, the smallest of effort may go a long way. Using a whip on an adult may not be the best, it's on the extreme, but don't sit there and watch yourself being bashed just because you only have money on your mind.

As for pepper spray, it's my first line of defense and everyone should have it. You just have to know where and when to use it. If you arrest me unjustly and I see that my path is clear, I'll pepper spray you, push you out of my car and make a run for it. Lagos is not where you allow every Tom, Dick and Harry to ram you up and down.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bebe2(f): 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
chillex8:

NO. Don’t waste your money.
wow really?

are there no more passengers or its saturated?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bebe2(f): 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
dckng16:
The Business is not smiling in this Covid-19 season, kindly keep ya money till the pandemic is over. Or could do other less stressful businesses

was thinking October 2020.

surely it cant be that bad??

abi I should go for bus?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Gokoyer0:
I know Uber is not operating in Ibadan. But apart from Bolt, what other platform can I get service smartly in Ibadan.
I think Your safety should be paramount and top most priority. As for Me driving on ehailing in less develop states and environs is a no no because the act of rituals can easily be carried out in such regions without anybody even knowing.

Why not consider coming down to the city even if it means renting a room apartment to rest your head after COB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
GenBuhari:
video is scripted acting for propaganda and fear-mongering. Coro remains a hoax

I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
I read something about pepper spray... really pepper spray So as a guy you will buy pepper spray and to spray on someone like you are a little girl??

grin I should share some of tips when I used to drive...but I can't cos " the feds watching".

This job/work is not for the faint hearted. My uber rating is 4.8 after like about 1800 trips. On taxify I'm on 4.93 after about 700trips.

I'm the nicest and meanest driver ever. I'm very good with reading body language (voice language). You come in peace oh, I will treat you like a king or Queen..but if you come with trouble.. Hell I will humble your trouble.

Drivers out there, be prepared for the worst, while hoping for the best.

Pepper spray is for puceess!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
kelbranty:

9ja used or or toks, I know I'll still spend money. That's why I mentioned I don't want what I'll still spend 200k on. Cos for me to buy 9js used 800k and spend 200k on top o beta just buy toks and spend small money
Ok let me sell this idea to you and prospective buyer for free.

When you get the deal you want, look for means and convince the seller to rent you the car for a week or some days. Drive the car morning till night around Lagos roads, you would have come up with a profine weather to buy the car or not.

Good luck!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
Babadee1900:

Make una they careful o.

Nawa oooh...and I do park there ooh undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) ... (5682) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: segundpundit and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.