Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4726835 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2806) (2807) (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2020
gbens2000:
House, pls is 2010 Corolla maintenance same as 2006 or 2007 Corolla.... Maintenance n body parts?
https://www.nairaland.com/4696641/official-car-comparison-recommendation-thread
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 11:29am On Jul 11, 2020
End trip on Bolt. N550. Rider didn’t have N50 me too don’t have N50. So I had to let go of N50. Why on earth will bolt start adding N50 to fair. This guys just seat in the office and bring up stupid policies. While not leave it at N500 or N600.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2020
xana101:
End trip on Bolt. N550. Rider didn’t have N50 me too don’t have N50. So I had to let go of N50. Why on earth will bolt start adding N50 to fair. This guys just seat in the office and bring up stupid policies. While not leave it at N500 or N600.

I just tire for the N50 deduction. It's very annoying especially when you meet some entitled customers that feel you must give them change. I just leave it for them if they are not willing to. N50 no go kill me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2020
izzou:
Lagos Badagry Expressway has to be the worst road in this country

Dat road don't have competitor for over 10years, still topping chart in West Africa

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2020
InfinityEstates:

I just tire for the N50 deduction. It's very annoying especially when you meet some entitled customers that feel you must give them change. I just leave it for them if they are not willing to. N50 no go kill me.
I am keeping record of all the #50 I am letting go. So far so good I have let go of #350 in total. I will drop invoice with Bolt since they are mad. grin

Ride will end at #1050, rider will give me 2000 to start looking for 950 change. Or is the discounted fare of 350, 250..... undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Slickleo:

Dat road don't have competitor for over 10years, still topping chart in West Africa

A container truck fell on another flatbed truck after the Agbara bridge.

Today makes it the 4th or 5th day that it happened. I have not seen any LASEMA or FRSC trying to remove that mess.

The stupid construction company (WE Construction) that is incharge of the road have stopped. In front of gate, you'll see different trucks and trailers falling over each other there.

That's why when I see anyone saying Lagos has good road. I can only assume two things

1)The person does not live in Lagos
2) If he does, he does not move around in Lagos.

This Lagos-Badagry is the worst. And it's the link to other African countries.

No wonder, Ghana dey roast us small small

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2020
Slickleo:

government keep cashing out from that road. That road is the worst in west Africa. Shame on government. Road that has International trade fair. LASU. Alaba international market. Link to neighboring countries. Mass population. Sanwo Olu should make history with that road.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
I am keeping record of all the #50 I am letting go. So far so good I have let go of #350 in total. I will drop invoice with Bolt since they are mad. grin

Ride will end at #1050, rider will give me 2000 to start looking for 950 change. Or is the discounted fare of 350, 250..... undecided

cheesy cheesy No be only them Sabi drop invoice. But in all honesty, I've only left for like 2persons. One was 1,050 and another 3,550. Different persons have left for me. So I dey use am balance...

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
ndubuis:

There are no good roads in any where in Lagos. The inner streets of the Island can wreck your car as well. Have you ever driven into Terra Annex at Ajah before? Terra Annex is worse than Mushin/Isolo road, Olokunla, most streets around Sango Tedo market, most street around Igbo Efon, New Road opposite Chevron, the Rivers at Agungi, Hakeem Dickson linking Fola Osibo, most parts of Badore and Lambasa, just to mention a few. The main roads nko? From Abraham Adesanya to Sangotedo and back is a mess, no roads there again. From Ajah to Ado roundabout is brutal during rush hours. These places are all on the Island, there's no way your car will not suffer if you enter any of these places.

I don't go to most parts of the mainland because they look too devilish and scary, touts, criminals everywhere. It's also difficult navigating through these places. Hellish traffic jams, extremely far from where I live.

It's a lot easier navigating and picking up riders on the Island than on the mainland. When it comes to bad roads, it's all over Lagos. You just can't escape it if you are in this business, no matter how much you try.
Bros see as you just cast my estate. Thera Annex road is nothing to write home about. Sangotedo nko? That one is sh*tty! Road users now have to compete with sand as to who gets to use the road. Sand seems to be winning. I still don’t understand how a government will construct a road without drainage in this century. How?!

If you like your car (lower arms bushings especially) you have to drive slowly and carefully on that road.

Any day it rains heavily I don’t take my car home, I have to park around the estate where they stopped the interlocks. (If you don’t settle securities, they will deflate your four tires undecided)

I don’t take request inside the estate nor take trips there.

Even the Surulere, Yaba etc that people are talking about when you drive to some inner streets there, fear will catch you. Yesterday I took an offline from Agungi to Aguda and decided to do few trips around Surulere pending when Funsho Williams traffic will ease, I saw things shocked. I kept telling my car sorry, car that spent Wednesday and Thursday with my mechanic (changed all the bushings and brake pad) Friday I don they suffer her for Surulere.

Sunday, I went to Ojodu (Oremeta axis) by trick, gba gbo, gba gbo was my experience.

By the time they close 3MB, you people in mainland should just hold yourself sad
In fact I want to rant but nobody send me cry. I still bought another battery yesterday meanwhile the one that spoilt was bought in February 2020.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy No be only them Sabi drop invoice. But in all honesty, I've only left for like 2persons. One was 1,050 and another 3,550. Different persons have left for me. So I dey use am balance...
No lie! A good number of my riders has left their change.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gafman222: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
God will bless all hustlers and those that have this as d only means of surviving. Better doors shall open for us

I've not worked since March due to pandemic.my office work has been a week off a week on kind of but still decided not to work because of rain. I went to c my boss @ Magodo yesterday and on my way out I decided to put on my bolt app and set destination to lekki since I live on the island. I got a request around domino pizza Magodo to Mobil road in ajah and I was happy for d long trip after a long time absent. It was all good and fun trip until I entered this bad road (first turn on the left wen u enter that Mobil road @ Ajah)
After d little good road, I eventually got to d terrible one and I was as calm and slow as snail trying to navigate my way to d destination. I was about dropping my rider wen another request came in from d main road. The new rider called and I told him where I was and how bad d road is, so he should either calm down or cancel and make another request if he cannot wait.
I continue to manoeuvre my way inside this ocean water until I fell inside wot felt like a little hole but wit a big stone and hit my car terribly bad. On eyes were just on me and my car started making bad noise.
I was really scared and make my way out of d water to d Northwest fuel station
My car suffered a great damage and mechanic are still working on it till this moment
The trip ended 4,650 but I've spent close to 8k and still spending
Maybe I'll come back to d hustle in December wen tins start to boom again but for now I'm off
I wish all drivers success and accident free movements. May God open better doors for u all soon

23 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
1daboi:

1, it could be break pads or hand brake cable
2, your engine is kinda high. It's above 1000rpm
someone just confirm to me it's the left leg break pad

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
1daboi:

1, it could be break pads or hand brake cable
2, your engine is kinda high. It's above 1000rpm
what's the effect of the high rpm bro?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
eyinola:
what's the effect of the high rpm bro?
car will consume more fuel
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
1daboi:
car will consume more fuel
what's the solution? cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Good day all, we are in need of vehicles for an interstate project.

We require minivans for rent- 40k per week, Cars 30k a week.

Maintenance will be split right through the middle (50/50).

Vehicle must have:

*Valid insurance
*Vehicle tracker
* All relevant documents especially hackney permit and customs paper and State emblem.

Please contact ASAP!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
mrjaydee:

No kill me abeg, na so I dey with babe for circle mall.. after working hours oo..I no do uber work that day.

Na so 2girls come open my door for back say " start the trip" the babe wey I carry burst laff.. na so I look my self say.. see wetin Corolla dey cause! Even if I wan do fine boy comet with babe na so girls go just come open my door say make I start the trip.

Modified.. what I do on days I don't work.. I always hang my suit for back
HahahahahahahahHHahajajajajajajhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
This place wey i dey so i dey always get request back to back wetin happen today ino understand grin ;Dmake i dey go my house jejely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
eyinola:
it's very easy. Check on YouTube and do it yourself
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gift01: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
izzou:
Lagos Badagry Expressway has to be the worst road in this country
Lagos Abeokuta expressway comes first. This one na close second
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
1daboi:
it's very easy. Check on YouTube and do it yourself
ok bòss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
Bros see as you just cast my estate. Thera Annex road is nothing to write home about. Sangotedo nko? That one is sh*tty! Road users now have to compete with sand as to who gets to use the road. Sand seems to be winning. I still don’t understand how a government will construct a road without drainage in this century. How?!

If you like your car (lower arms bushings especially) you have to drive slowly and carefully on that road.

Any day it rains heavily I don’t take my car home, I have to park around the estate where they stopped the interlocks. (If you don’t settle securities, they will deflate your four tires undecided)

I don’t take request inside the estate nor take trips there.

Even the Surulere, Yaba etc that people are talking about when you drive to some inner streets there, fear will catch you. Yesterday I took an offline from Agungi to Aguda and decided to do few trips around Surulere pending when Funsho Williams traffic will ease, I saw things shocked. I kept telling my car sorry, car that spent Wednesday and Thursday with my mechanic (changed all the bushings and brake pad) Friday I don they suffer her for Surulere.

Sunday, I went to Ojodu (Oremeta axis) by trick, gba gbo, gba gbo was my experience.

By the time they close 3MB, you people in mainland should just hold yourself sad
In fact I want to rant but nobody send me cry. I still bought another battery yesterday meanwhile the one that spoilt was bought in February 2020.

Once third mainland bridge is closed, I am not sure I will be going to the mainland again. I'm hearing it's only one side of the third main land bridge that will be shut for three months, that's from the Island to the mainland while Iyana Oworo to the Island will be free. After three months, the other side will be shut while the lane that was previously shut will be open. We shall see how the whole thing will work.

The project for fourth main land bridge has been there since I was a kid, if they had taken it seriously, the impact of this closure wouldn't have been that much.

As per your battery, there's a guy I bought Solite battery from in Lagos Island. I have been using that battery since January 2019, is showing no sign of giving up despite all the Uber rugged movements. His shop is at Hawley street, just by Forsythe street junction, to the right if you are in Forsythe
street, coming from Simpson street and to the left of you are in Forsythe street backing Obalende. His shop is the first in that street and is loaded with batteries. I will go back there again if this one packs up.

Also check if your alternator is working well and other electrical components. A battery should go at least six months at worst.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
izzou:

A container truck fell on another flatbed truck after the Agbara bridge.

Today makes it the 4th or 5th day that it happened. I have not seen any LASEMA or FRSC trying to remove that mess.

The stupid construction company (WE Construction) that is incharge of the road have stopped. In front of gate, you'll see different trucks and trailers falling over each other there.

That's why when I see anyone saying Lagos has good road. I can only assume two things

1)The person does not live in Lagos
2) If he does, he does not move around in Lagos.

This Lagos-Badagry is the worst. And it's the link to other African countries.

No wonder, Ghana dey roast us small small

Lagos-badagry is the only and first express road I've seen where huts are built at the middle of the road, no thanks to the abandoned road project on that road. The day I went to badagry through that raod, I saw hell

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
I feel this is another way to reach out to Bolt, if they keep getting 20 of this per day or more, they will act right.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by epistleNow(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
eyinola:

If the pic was taken at idle, then 1200rpm is much.

Reason for this is varied,, its important you scan your Car with a learned mech. Or scan and bring the codes here for folks to help you with.

But usually the culprit may be

Throttle valve (should be cleaned)

Mass airflow sensor (cleaned also with its fluid)

When last did you change your engine air filter ...

Some fuses ... etc.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
sofdoc1:
Hello guys, please what is the procedure for renewal of drivers licence?

I read of a more effective way to do it and a moniker was shared...forgotten all those details.

cc felicity001
izzou
Thank you.
I renewed my online but I used Benin City as collextion point. Paid 6k+ via bank, Under 2weeks my licence was ready, my in law pickes it up for me and sent it via Korea to lagos.

Lagos was charging 12k via online renewal plus long wait.

I didnt even know my licence has been printed and lying there in their office waiting for me to collect it not until I went to Sura where it was first issued to get another one since I thought the online was just a scam. They checked with my licence No and said my licence isn't expired yet. Gave me the pickup serial number and location to pick up.

I've been driving with it for almost a year now.

3yrs duration
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
eyinola:

Connect ur cooling fan to work with thermostat
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
InfinityEstates:

You know how much you loose if you leave 50naira for 10riders everyday?

Me no dey leave change if you can't o, i will rather buy gala 50naira and keep inside my car till i feel like eating.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
Simple solution for Bolt. Get more cars on the road. And allow drivers to cancel at will (no penalty) If pick up location more than 15 minutes away.
pope191:
I feel this is another way to reach out to Bolt, if they keep getting 20 of this per day or more, they will act right.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
Olayetan:

You know how much you loose if you leave 50naira for 10riders everyday?

Me no dey leave change if you can't o, i will rather buy gala 50naira and keep inside my car till i feel like eating.

cheesy cheesy Bros, you still dey chop N50 gala?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
ndubuis:

Once third mainland bridge is closed, I am not sure I will be going to the mainland again. I'm hearing it's only one side of the third main land bridge that will be shut for three months, that's from the Island to the mainland while Iyana Oworo to the Island will be free. After three months, the other side will be shut while the lane that was previously shut will be open. We shall see how the whole thing will work.

The project for fourth main land bridge has been there since I was a kid, if they had taken it seriously, the impact of this closure wouldn't have been that much.

As per your battery, there's a guy I bought Solite battery from in Lagos Island. I have been using that battery since January 2019, is showing no sign of giving up despite all the Uber rugged movements. His shop is at Hawley street, just by Lewis street junction, to the right if you are in Lewis street, coming from Simpson street and to the left of you are in Lewis street backing Obalende. His shop is the first in that street and is loaded with batteries. I will go back there again if this one packs up.

Also check if your alternator is working well and other electrical components. A battery should go at least six months at worst.

Even on a good day when the 2 lanes of 3mb re been used,the traffic dey tie wrapper,,now imagine when they open only one lane ...

How come nobody is talking bout d increase in traffic robberies these days?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2806) (2807) (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: SenatorJChris and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.