Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725094 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hello,

I've received calls from prospective partners but none have actually made the decision to partner with.

I understand we don't know each other from SWAT and some or most have fears of being in company with a fellow with a few loose screws, so in order to alleviate your fears you could simply run a quick background check on who it is you want to call and partner with by simply checking previous posts on other matters not relating to request for partnership or whatever.

By doing this you could get a feel of the type of person youd be calling or getting involved with (since a lot of people forget their home training because they're "anonymous") even before placing a call, siting them from a distance and avoiding unnecessary risk.

To sort your choices simply avoid those with bad history/record or those that are just too repetitive for your taste and engage with those that you feel are rational beings to an extent according to your taste.

It's really that simple, I hope I've lessened your worries a bit ☺️.

That being said if you've got a vehicle and looking to partner with a driver in Lagos, kindly quote me or look up my number in previous post's, I'll respond as soon as I can ☺️

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
Maax23:

This is ain't a sweet deal bro. N6,000,000 million car is not suitable for this business. Paying up will be really difficult. I call it a self induced slavery. Regardless of the cheap fares, there are so many uncertainties sorrunding this business. In this case only the wise excel.

The worst that can happen is you will return the car to the company, why worry abt what you cannot change

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
InfinityEstates:

cheesy No be lie o. Sometimes I go a whole day without eating. It would be in the evening I remember I've not eaten especially when there are back-to-back trips.

Sometimes I just wonder, "what if this rider knows I'm very hungry and might switch off anytime, would you be so comfy?" grin grin

In all, we thank God...
I been wan ask how una take they chop for this work sef grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
gnykelly:

some people will be inside office draft business plan based on imaginary projection without being on the street to know the vibe. they will learn.

Nothing ventured nothing gained it its a tie up withUBER though it will be a win win for all parties with UBER sending their best customers to riders using these cars
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
nwizu042:

My take on this moove cars is simple. You take the car and pay 25k weekly. If you stop meeting up, you return the car. What is your business with the cost of the car?
Shebi they are to repair and maintain (including servicing) for you?
It’s not HP o, it’s rental.
Let moove worry about how to recoup their money.
Wetin concern you?

Abi o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

Ans1: Get and register a new SIM and get a dual phone.
Duration: <24hrs
Cost: free

Ans2: Get a new driver's license with a different name.
Get a new BVN and a New tax clearance No.
Then proceed to register
Duration 1months+
Cost: Above 25k

E no easy, so without BVN u can't register now

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
ndubuis:

Once third mainland bridge is closed, I am not sure I will be going to the mainland again. I'm hearing it's only one side of the third main land bridge that will be shut for three months, that's from the Island to the mainland while Iyana Oworo to the Island will be free. After three months, the other side will be shut while the lane that was previously shut will be open. We shall see how the whole thing will work.

The project for fourth main land bridge has been there since I was a kid, if they had taken it seriously, the impact of this closure wouldn't have been that much.

As per your battery, there's a guy I bought Solite battery from in Lagos Island. I have been using that battery since January 2019, is showing no sign of giving up despite all the Uber rugged movements. His shop is at Hawley street, just by Forsythe street junction, to the right if you are in Forsythe
street, coming from Simpson street and to the left of you are in Forsythe street backing Obalende. His shop is the first in that street and is loaded with batteries. I will go back there again if this one packs up.

Also check if your alternator is working well and other electrical components. A battery should go at least six months at worst.
Thanks boss.
The alternator checks OK. Battery charger said the one that stopped working was already close to expiration before I bought it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
InfinityEstates:

cheesy No be lie o. Sometimes I go a whole day without eating. It would be in the evening I remember I've not eaten especially when there are back-to-back trips.

Sometimes I just wonder, "what if this rider knows I'm very hungry and might switch off anytime, would you be so comfy?" grin grin

In all, we thank God...

Boss try and eat ooo, I was once like you, I won't eat till 10pm, most time its carry over... That thing is not good for the body atall, I still got caught once in awhile, but I try as much as I can to eat including fruits cos blood don't circulate when one sit for long. It is not a hustle u intend doing for 2/3 months, this is life for now and till when? only heaven knows, so take care of yourself along, if possible create break for exercise. Health is wealth

During the lock down, I can see how I added and fresh, can't fold my sleeves as usual, but now I'm back to normal and getting dark again cheesy suffer no good atall

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

Okay, have you considered it this way?

N4900+500 (filter)+1000(Workmanship)= N6,400×5months= N32,000

Mobil1 sythentic @ N23k will serve you for 5-6months before a next change.

Your approach is nothing different from "pounce foolish penny wise".

I've some mobil1 Synthetic at my disposal shall so I can dash you one to give a trygrin

Nothing foolish about it.

I used a Nissan n it was d same approach.

N it was bought @ 205,000km. N I covered 240,000 km on it. Sold it at 456,000km. N d engine is still sound.

So until you cover 240,000km on your engine. You gat no say.

Ask the people that know about cars. At what km coverage shd a car be serviced.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
eyinola:
No big deal. As for me, I only do chicken republic (#500). I try as much as possible to eat breakfast before leaving the house that way I don’t get to eat outside till COB. I eat fruits at intervals though.

No go they drive with empty stomach o, make your eyes no go they see double grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
But do you guys really think Moove didn't do a proper research before they rolled out this plan?

I think they have something under their sleeves. While some are thinking they'll be out of business, I'm thinking they may be staying.

Time will reveal everything sha.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
No big deal. As for me, I only do chicken republic (#500). I try as much as possible to eat breakfast before leaving the house that way I don’t get to eat outside till COB. I eat fruits at intervals though.

No go they drive with empty stomach o, make your eyes no go they see double grin
what time do u leave the house bro, I find it hard to eat so early

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
ndubuis:

There are no good roads in any where in Lagos. The inner streets of the Island can wreck your car as well. Have you ever driven into Terra Annex at Ajah before? Terra Annex is worse than Mushin/Isolo road, Olokunla, most streets around Sango Tedo market, most street around Igbo Efon, New Road opposite Chevron, the Rivers at Agungi, Hakeem Dickson linking Fola Osibo, most parts of Badore and Lambasa, just to mention a few. The main roads nko? From Abraham Adesanya to Sangotedo and back is a mess, no roads there again. From Ajah to Ado roundabout is brutal during rush hours. These places are all on the Island, there's no way your car will not suffer if you enter any of these places.

I don't go to most parts of the mainland because they look too devilish and scary, touts, criminals everywhere. It's also difficult navigating through these places. Hellish traffic jams, extremely far from where I live.

It's a lot easier navigating and picking up riders on the Island than on the mainland. When it comes to bad roads, it's all over Lagos. You just can't escape it if you are in this business, no matter how much you try.

You see that Terra Annex, nothing will make me go there again, crossed 7 rivers and seas to go pick up this idiot, after delaying me for 15mins he wanted me to continue waiting and told me off . I just jejely swim out na God save me and my car .

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tochex101(m): 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
eyinola:
Thought I was alone, the earliest I feel comfortable having breakfast is say 9:30am.
Anything earlier makes me nauseous.....I really need a remedy.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
eyinola:
730/8am. You can try light meals. Two to three slices of bread with any spread of your choice, pancakes, toasts etc.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 11:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
Babadee1900:
730/8am. You can try light meals. Two to three slices of bread with any spread of your choice, pancakes, toasts etc.
For me , I just buy some coaster biscuits with water till I have time to really eat.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
skillip:
For me , I just buy some coaster biscuits with water till I have time to really eat.
Nice!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

Okay, have you considered it this way?

N4900+500 (filter)+1000(Workmanship)= N6,400×5months= N32,000

Mobil1 sythentic @ N23k will serve you for 5-6months before a next change.

Your approach is nothing different from "pounce foolish penny wise".

I've some mobil1 Synthetic at my disposal shall so I can dash you one to give a trygrin
Use oil for 6 months in this ehailing?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by funshelite(m): 12:12am On Jul 12, 2020
Slickleo:

U most be a honest man, I go Abuja u say I buy bread not even killishi smiley

Please help me buy 3k killishi , I can send the money to your account ....I don miss that meat

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 1:15am On Jul 12, 2020
davit:
By booking inspection on uber app, drivers onboarding is still taking place. Take note of that.
A lot of us have since done everything on Uber. Vehicle inspection inclusive. Plenty over a month now, yet no show. It's not happening bro. Except it earliest people that started reg before lockdown...circa March ending
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:27am On Jul 12, 2020
Gentlelife50:

yes. 6 months or 5k miles whichever comes first

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 3:03am On Jul 12, 2020
izzou:
But do you guys really think Moove didn't do a proper research before they rolled out this plan?

I think they have something under their sleeves. While some are thinking they'll be out of business, I'm thinking they may be staying.

The only research I think they did was the normal office pen and paper research.

Field research I don't think they did any.

A 2016 car is way too much for uber trips regardless of any deal they have with uber.

If it was in the USA or other advance country if will be a sweet deal.

But here in Lagos Nigeria its a No No cause a lot of factors will pull them down.

Lagos is an opportunist it will take advantage of you and dump you when it happened.

Repairs cost alone will send a hard signal through their spines.

In 6months if they are still active it means only one thing,
They are not making any profit they are still trying to balance their books and stay alive.

And after 1 or 2 years you still hear of mooov it means they now roll out 2006 Toyota corolla and carmy.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 3:13am On Jul 12, 2020
From oshodi to abule egba has one of the best roads in Lagos currently on both side.

But after abule egba bridge where u have first bank down to toll gate the road is very bad.

Mind you from abule egba, ekoro, command road, ikola road and is environment has some good connecting roads.

Pls if you are adding abule egba to the list of bad roads in Lagos you no try atall.
Inner roads on both sides are good.

On the other side
You have agbe road connecting ahamidiyah connecting to ijaiye jankara, Clem road.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:07am On Jul 12, 2020
eyinola:
If a trip takes me close to any of my favorite canteens when my stomach refill light is on. I go offline and refill. I like food

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Godfather10:

Nothing ventured nothing gained it its a tie up withUBER though it will be a win win for all parties with UBER sending their best customers to riders using these cars
I don't think so
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:20am On Jul 12, 2020
radautoworks:
yes. 6 months or 5k miles whichever comes first
When the manufacturers calculated this, did they put Lagos unique traffic into consideration?
Normally if you cover 5k miles in x hrs, you cover the same 5k miles on uber in (most times) over 2x hrs.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:38am On Jul 12, 2020
deedee44:

When the manufacturers calculated this, did they put Lagos unique traffic into consideration?
Normally if you cover 5k miles in x hrs, you cover the same 5k miles on uber in (most times) over 2x hrs.

Yes, that's why it's either/or
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReachRich(m): 6:05am On Jul 12, 2020
Hi guys. I registered my car on uber & have been driving it myself but now I want to give it to another driver to be remitting for me on weekly rentals. How do I change the driver details on the uber app to that of the new driver?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 6:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Don't you know it's anointing oil. grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:27am On Jul 12, 2020
izzou:

2016 car with same price? It will boost riders, cos most ppl will prefer to drop dia cars. Now, check out the cos of maintenance and availability of parts. Let's focus on security, how comfortable do you think drivers can move in such car once its 8pm to 5am? They have security? Are the ignorant butcher going to think thro that? We just have to b careful, before these people KOK someone.

Note: if the car is worth 6 million, it will take 5 yrs and probably 6 months to reap capital, that's if all factors are equal, imagine car use for uber in 5 yrs and 6 months plus the political instability in land like ours. Well let's be looking, nobody really knows.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 6:42am On Jul 12, 2020
Felicity0001:

My man said he enjoyed the ride.

Nice one bro. Hope you got your 1stargrin

U mean a bottle of star? No oooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 6:58am On Jul 12, 2020
���

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: tapingil(m), Nezzjnr and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.