Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4723655 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 6:59am On Jul 12, 2020
Wawu!!! This driver fit make am?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by igwedehxy: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2020
Pls when will U er start activating new drivers. Still can't take trips 3weeks After successful registration. Or is there something that can be done?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2020
Slickleo:

Don't you know it's anointing oil. grin grin grin
Lol, no be small anointing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2020
radautoworks:
yes. 6 months or 5k miles whichever comes first
Okay ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:32am On Jul 12, 2020
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy This one was not on surge. I called the guy several times and each time he'll calmly tell me, "Please hold on, I'll be out soon". Ah an, you dey whyne me ni. I sha dey wait as trip no too dey like that. I was on the verge of canceling the trip when he came out. In my mind, thank God say I no cancel o... cheesy cheesy

I waited for a lady like that at Lekki. After 10mins paid waiting, she cancelled. That thing can pain ehn... I nearly swear for her that day.
Last week was my highest cancellation on uber, I personally cancelled about 10request after waiting for most times 15min minimum.

The one that pained me the most was this lady, her request came in on a set destination from lekki ph1 to Ikeja na so I happy, at least I won't blow empty on the 3MD.
Me: hello, I'm outside your offx
Rider: okay, I'm coming.
About 10min after rider never come out i called her
Rider: please give me 5min I'll be out, or you can start the trip.
Me: I will wait but please make it 5min you know we have to beat the curfew.

I carry rag say make I clean my car small, b4 i clean go round to pick my phone insise car what I saw was "rider cancelled". Shooow!

I calles her,
Me: you cancelled after id waited for you for more than 20min?
Rider: As I couldnt come out in 5min it's why I cancelled.

d tin pain me enh!
I was still standing in my shocked mood when I saw a Camry big daddy parked behind me.

The driver was an aged man in his late 40s or early 50s so i decided to exchange pleasantries with him cos I know he's in the hustle.
He said he didn't asked the riser where she was going oh he just drove down. Just as we were yet talking the girl I'd waited for more than 20min came out with one dude they both embraced and ahe entered into rhe back seat.

I just looked at her, well, no problem.

Next day, I made sure I cancelled immediately after waiting for 10 or 12 minutes.

Uber blocked my account due to high cancellation the following day amd I mailed them to narrate all of my ordeal to why my cancellation was high. Immediately they unblocked me.

So I don't wait more than 12min again for riders oh I cancel straight.

12min comprises of the 5min wait time and 7min paid time.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:42am On Jul 12, 2020
northbird:

Uber abi?

Cos bolt is #500 naira flat.
I've don a N300 trip with bolt b4 oh. 4guys from grammar school b/s to excellent hostel junction ogba.

I just tire
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:52am On Jul 12, 2020
Maax23:
INDriver is not a bad one. U use it as additional to BOLT or Uber. The good thing about it. You take trips you want, refusing to take trips doesn't affect your rating, you offer your price, Their rating system is open and transparent not like Bolt or uber You see all destination of trip request. You see what riders are saying about your service and that gives the opportunity to improve. Zero commission u pay no dime. All the money is yours. The bad side is that, it doesn't read in traffic, they don't have large rider base yet and they are still growing. I see them seriously competing with uber and Bolt in 2years to come. If they can work on their pricing and App features, they may take over. It favours the driver and rider at the same time
You didn't talk aboutbthe fastest finger features with indriver. To me that's the major setback with them.

How will a particular request come into 4 different drivers at the same time and tje person that picks first have it. How would you then offer your own price when the other driver doesnt even care but accept the rider's price.

So I shouldn't take my eyes off my phone because I need to get a trip? Rubish!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2020
This Sunday morning dull o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Slickleo:
My oga dem I greet una I arrive Abuja safely last night.thamk u all.
Thank god for journey mercies.

na Trip carry you go? If yes, you don hammer be that o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:06am On Jul 12, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Use oil for 6 months in this ehailing?

Abeg help ask him.

A car you fire 5- 6 days week in week out.

And you change the oil ( cos someone told you its synthetic) once in 6 months embarassed

Private cars that use synthetic, how many km do they cover in a week.
Some na just go to work n come back.

A typical driver on Uber working a full week will do like 500-600km weekly.

A lot of private cars on synthetic won't even get to that threshold in three weeks.

N you are comparing. Any car full time on uber is no more private use.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:10am On Jul 12, 2020
radautoworks:
yes. 6 months or 5k miles whichever comes first
For sake of clarity
For Brand new engines or for Nigerian used, or tokunbo cars.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:18am On Jul 12, 2020
gafman222:
God will bless all hustlers and those that have this as d only means of surviving. Better doors shall open for us

I've not worked since March due to pandemic.my office work has been a week off a week on kind of but still decided not to work because of rain. I went to c my boss @ Magodo yesterday and on my way out I decided to put on my bolt app and set destination to lekki since I live on the island. I got a request around domino pizza Magodo to Mobil road in ajah and I was happy for d long trip after a long time absent. It was all good and fun trip until I entered this bad road (first turn on the left wen u enter that Mobil road @ Ajah)
After d little good road, I eventually got to d terrible one and I was as calm and slow as snail trying to navigate my way to d destination. I was about dropping my rider wen another request came in from d main road. The new rider called and I told him where I was and how bad d road is, so he should either calm down or cancel and make another request if he cannot wait.
I continue to manoeuvre my way inside this ocean water until I fell inside wot felt like a little hole but wit a big stone and hit my car terribly bad. On eyes were just on me and my car started making bad noise.
I was really scared and make my way out of d water to d Northwest fuel station
My car suffered a great damage and mechanic are still working on it till this moment
The trip ended 4,650 but I've spent close to 8k and still spending
Maybe I'll come back to d hustle in December wen tins start to boom again but for now I'm off
I wish all drivers success and accident free movements. May God open better doors for u all soon
Amen!!!! The only reason I'm still doing this hustle is because of my family. I'd been single? I would've sat at home applying for jobs and waiting patiently.

The job is no more interesting again even uber has bluntly refused to bring back their promotion.

To those on 15k and above rental this period I hail una oh you guys are the real MVP. Keep it up! You're only killing your life small small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2020
Mjosh1000:
From oshodi to abule egba has one of the best roads in Lagos currently on both side.

But after abule egba bridge where u have first bank down to toll gate the road is very bad.

Mind you from abule egba, ekoro, command road, ikola road and is environment has some good connecting roads.

Pls if you are adding abule egba to the list of bad roads in Lagos you no try atall.
Inner roads on both sides are good.

On the other side
You have agbe road connecting ahamidiyah connecting to ijaiye jankara, Clem road.

Bro. Very accurate analysis.

From Jonathan coker, via Olayiwola street, Olaniyi, Agbe road, terry Grillo, till Ahmaddiya, ...

Good interconnecting roads .

Intact, the infrastructure on agbe road, terry grillo, funsho owoyemi, olayiwola will make Some lekki residents wonder if they just been sold a lie all this while.

Some inner streets even in Lekki phase 1 are terrible.

Even Igbo efon( that shortcut) to the beach, a major resort where they make money daily. The roads there are terrible.

From the junction of d lekki expressway, you start the swimming.

Oh I forgot. Please take note Okechuwku Duru. street, by Igbo efon, there is a puddle there, it will swallow your car. Don't try it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2020
deedee44:

Abule egba to Sango toll gate is a close rival
Point of correction.

It's Ijaye to Ogun State and ogun state to Amadhia b/s.

Abule egba to Ijaye is a smooth road.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2020
mistadayo:
Through Korea to Lagos... Is it South Korea or north Korea...
Anyone bros grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:41am On Jul 12, 2020
Vision2045:

Dash me na grin wink
20k for a dashgrin

Na direct from US so you've nothing to worry about.grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2020
pope191:

E no easy, so without BVN u can't register now
Bolt and uber will have a taste of their medicine years to come if they keep blocking drivers that have partnered with them for more than a year.

Because those drivers will have better alternatives. I've a friend on hp he has not turned on his app for the past 6months and he's doing great.

Soon a lot of drivers will wake up to their senses to see that these foreigners are only enslaving them in their houses.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboyeh(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2020
Felicity0001:

He doesn't have tools for 2003 model cars. But GUZZUZZ can help you get/buy a good engine with warrantee according to what someone told me, he's trustworthy.

Talk to blackbishop he will do it well for you.

Aiite boss.. it's 07 tho
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2020
Hi everyone, good morning and happy Sunday.

Please, if I go to the Lastma office tomorrow to get the Lasdri card, will I get it the same day?

You replied would be appreciated.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2020
ReachRich:
Hi guys. I registered my car on uber & have been driving it myself but now I want to give it to another driver to be remitting for me on weekly rentals. How do I change the driver details on the uber app to that of the new driver?
give the inspection report of your car to the driver so he can add your car to his account or better still, download uber fleet app, and add your driver to your fleet. That way, you'll be seeing the driver's activities including his locations
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2020
jaymejate:
Hi everyone, good morning and happy Sunday.

Please, if I go to the Lastma office tomorrow to get the Lasdri card, will I get it the same day?

You replied would be appreciated.

Yes

Try and get there early....7:30am to 8am

The earlier, the better
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2020
I activated my account with them this month using same booking system.
ekehopp:

A lot of us have since done everything on Uber. Vehicle inspection inclusive. Plenty over a month now, yet no show. It's not happening bro. Except it earliest people that started reg before lockdown...circa March ending

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2020
Mjosh1000:
From oshodi to abule egba has one of the best roads in Lagos currently on both side.

But after abule egba bridge where u have first bank down to toll gate the road is very bad.

Mind you from abule egba, ekoro, command road, ikola road and is environment has some good connecting roads.

Pls if you are adding abule egba to the list of bad roads in Lagos you no try atall.
Inner roads on both sides are good.

On the other side
You have agbe road connecting ahamidiyah connecting to ijaiye jankara, Clem road.

Don't mind those people including abule egba to their list with bad roads. I've been staying in abule egba since 2003, the places we have veey terrible roads is the other side of abule egba that's the ekero side. The Beckley, Olaniyi,charity, social club down to jibowu axies where I reside have moderately good roads. The Ambode abule egba bridge made all the road Fashola did bad because traffic was diverted into all these areas. Ambode promised to redeem the roads spoilt as a result of that but the 1diotic jagabam didnt ler him see through his tenor and this puppet we have as governor is nothing to right home about.

Anyways, it serves lagosians right.

In btw, I learnt Baba is seriously sick, my prayer is that he shouldn't survive it because lagosians need to be liberated from the shackles of this jagabam.

Call me wicked for wishing for something good I don't mind but be rest assure you will see the good of the land but wont taste of it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2020
Ogbeni no dey yarn dust. Checking your profile and past post, shows you've been into ride share business since well before lockdown in March. You are not a new driver.
davit:
I activated my account with them this month using same booking system.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2020
I dont do this. But for someone like you, I will. YOU ARE AN IDIOT saying someone yarns dust.

You definitely lack home training or you refused to be taught. Never come out to a public forum and abuse people.

FYI, I have been on ehailing biz for a while but never used Uber. I have always been on Bolt and indriver until Bolt yanked me off after the lockdown. Here is for us all to share experience and help others. And thats exactly what im interested in.

I registered with Uber this month. Check the attached screenshot.

Once again, never come to an open forum like this to abuse others. It is wrong.

ekehopp:
Ogbeni no dey yarn dust. Checking your profile and past post, shows you've been into ride share business since well before lockdown in March. You are not a new driver.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2020
northbird:

Abeg help ask him.

A car you fire 5- 6 days week in week out.

And you change the oil ( cos someone told you its synthetic) once in 6 months embarassed

Private cars that use synthetic, how many km do they cover in a week.
Some na just go to work n come back.

A typical driver on Uber working a full week will do like 500-600km weekly.

A lot of private cars on synthetic won't even get to that threshold in three weeks.

N you are comparing. Any car full time on uber is no more private use.
Where in My post did you c me compare a private car with an ehailing car?

Guy you always look for ways to maneuver and cover up your ignorance thinking you're smart. I've been following all of your comments closely.

Do i need to wonder if you're an engineer or have any understanding of mechantronics?

Manufacture recommended something for your car and you want to use your Nigeria mentality to do your own.

Take it or leave it, apart from the good synthetic do to your engine it also save you cost.

Private owner can do servicing once in a year depend on their usage.

As a matter of fact, most servicing company tell you the km of tour next servicing. As radauto, ask total E&P, Mobil workers they'll tell you.

Btw, one od my riders last week narrated to me the kind of car that dropped his sister was, I just knew its moove.

Bro, if you cant beat them join them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2020
Happ Sunday pilots, I completed every requirements for my bolt activation n on Monday lastwk I was sent a mail that my bvn cannot b found n verified. Immediately I got d mail that Monday morning which was lastwk,I called my bank to verify my bvn details n was told that it's correct n same, I had to send mail back to bolt that I just verified frm D bank n they said my bvn is correct n OK. I was being replied back by bolt that my details has bn sent to their operations room to work on n that I should exercise patience that they will get back to me on my activation, all this happened just last wk Monday n uptill nw, I v nt heard frm them. Tomorrow will make it a week. Pls hw long dos bolt take to work on it n activate u. Pls I need ur advise n response on dis issue. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2020
N also, has anyone gotten any similar issue like mine n hw was it resolved. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 11:44am On Jul 12, 2020
izzou:

Yes

Try and get there early....7:30am to 8am

The earlier, the better

Thank you bro.

I was going to tag you if no reply came up smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2020
davit:
I dont do this. But for someone like you, I will. YOU ARE AN IDIOT saying someone yarns dust.

You definitely lack home training or you refused to be taught. Never come out to a public forum and abuse people.

FYI, I have been on ehailing biz for a while but never used Uber. I have always been on Bolt and indriver until Bolt yanked me off after the lockdown. Here is for us all to share experience and help others. And thats exactly what im interested in.

I registered with Uber this month. Check the attached screenshot.

Once again, never come to an open forum like this to abuse others. It is wrong.

Easy Boss cheesy I know we can get on each other nerves, but let love always lead. This Bolt thing which way forward? I wrote them this morning and one oyinbo reply me wit 2030, ha! This joke is becoming expensive, I honestly don't like uber, my spirit just don't flow with them. Tho, my licence will expire in 3 months and I've been giving some things I won't have done on a normal day tots, like starting afresh again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2020
Felicity0001:

Bolt and uber will have a taste of their medicine years to come if they keep blocking drivers that have partnered with them for more than a year.

Because those drivers will have better alternatives. I've a friend on hp he has not turned on his app for the past 6months and he's doing great.

Soon a lot of drivers will wake up to their senses to see that these foreigners are only enslaving them in their houses.

I learnt someone on HP is having issue with d car owner cos he haven't been able to meet up for the best one month due to blockage, its not easy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
I think we should be able to address it properly if their office at Lekki opens. A driver I met yesterday said same thing. So lets wait till when the office opens. Im not too cool with Uber too especially their giving one 20 mins to pick up a trip of 5 mins or less.
If you cancel, they hammer your head! In fact, i am afraid of going online these days cos of that. Na Indriver I dey take support.
pope191:

Easy Boss cheesy I know we can get on each other nerves, but let love always lead. This Bolt thing which way forward? I wrote them this morning and one oyinbo reply me wit 2030, ha! This joke is becoming expensive, I honestly don't like uber, my spirit just don't flow with them. Tho, my licence will expire in 3 months and I've been giving some things I won't have done on a normal day tots, like starting afresh again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.